Bitcoin Forum
November 27, 2021, 04:54:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 22.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 69152 times)
ejonathonw

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 05:25:20 PM

Just fired up my Moonlanders again for giggles!
Got 4 of 6 running real easy.  The other 2 show the green LED but cant see them.  Any clues?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 1929
Merit: 1310

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 09:04:47 PM

Got 4 of 6 running real easy.  The other 2 show the green LED but cant see them.  Any clues?

Sounds like your hub might not have enough power for those two, do they do the startup LED dance when you start bfgminer?

Also little thought experiment for you...you started them up just now because LTC is on a tear again...why didn't you have them running this whole time and collecting a little LTC in the background for years during the bear market, and that LTC would have been worth hundreds now?

I always tell people, best time to mine is not now, but during bear markets when difficulty is lowest and you mine the most LTC with your devices.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
LTC:LX5vpxrQE4eLRLPobKwZhw2comkKFCh3p4 - BTC:14w9Lea6kdVzspJk8TQRe7qSYu9LhzJJsh
ejonathonw

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 09:32:04 PM

Sounds like your hub might not have enough power for those two, do they do the startup LED dance when you start bfgminer?

Also little thought experiment for you...you started them up just now because LTC is on a tear again...why didn't you have them running this whole time and collecting a little LTC in the background for years during the bear market, and that LTC would have been worth hundreds now?

I always tell people, best time to mine is not now, but during bear markets when difficulty is lowest and you mine the most LTC with your devices.

They do not do the dance.  I actually took them down because of the hubs I had them on burned out.  Happened on another one here recently from an auction and thought what the hey.  I've been running my Apollo though, don't worry lol.  I did apply that logic to DOGE and got laughed at until it hit that .07 cent mark the other day and I went to work with some brand new tools.

Haven't upgraded to the full node Apollo yet but I run my PC as a node to help with the decentralizing.  I'm just a balcony farmer though.
moriaville

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 01:59:04 AM

Ok new issue.   But this seems to be related to the cp210x.  In ubuntu 18.04 LTS linux distro, I have successfully got the moonlander mining Verge coin.  The problem I am having is when I connect a Gekkoscience newpac miner to the system.  I am not Linux tech savy enough to correct the issue.   What happens is that when moonlander is running it'll start erroring out with input/output errors.  I can't have both of them running at the same time.  Even with Moonlander connected to a USB2.0 port and running the newpac on a USB 3.0 port.

When I run the following command: dmesg | grep ttyUSB it appears the cp210x will disconnect from ttyusb0 (moonlander is on) and connect to ttyusb1 (gekko newpac is on) and alternate between the two causing bfgminer to fail on the moonlander.

Any ideas on how to keep it from alternating like this and have both running together?  I tested on my windows machine and both are able to work together without issue.  Ubuntu on the other hand no so.  When I ran the below command 'before' launching the mining software, it showed correctly moonlander device on usb0 and the gekko on usb1.  'After' running the miner, the below is what happens and I believe is the reason for the issue.  Soon I will be attaching an Arduino Uno for some electronic projects I am working on and believe this will possibly create issues with it as well.  Help is appreciated.  Just don't know how to correct.   Thanks

You need to figure out which tty each is attached too, and make sure you specify in bfgminer/cgminer to not auto-scan (ie use the -S /dev/ttyUSB0) flag.

My driver is pretty good at filtering out the right ASIC before injecting commands to the chip, but im pretty sure gekkosciences driver starts sending commands as soon as it finds a UART chip, which is why it screws up the moonlanders. Make sure auto-scan is not enabled will keep each driver from trying to send commands to the wrong usb miner.

Is this possible to do on Terminal? What is the command to turn off auto-scan? I how do I discover the USB bus address?

I know you don't manufacture the device, but it seems that the VCP driver used with the MacOS ML2 install causes cgminer to not be able to detect the NewPacs. Do you think rerouting both devices to their specific corresponding USB address would avoid this error?

I'm new to this and have really been enjoying learning through this trouble shooting process. My next step is to crib from the Linux process described in the original response to your above post #1894.

ALSO, I ordered the BTC full node and 2 standard units to pair with it. I dig your ethos, man. Thanks.
jstefanop
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 09:53:03 PM

Ok new issue.   But this seems to be related to the cp210x.  In ubuntu 18.04 LTS linux distro, I have successfully got the moonlander mining Verge coin.  The problem I am having is when I connect a Gekkoscience newpac miner to the system.  I am not Linux tech savy enough to correct the issue.   What happens is that when moonlander is running it'll start erroring out with input/output errors.  I can't have both of them running at the same time.  Even with Moonlander connected to a USB2.0 port and running the newpac on a USB 3.0 port.

When I run the following command: dmesg | grep ttyUSB it appears the cp210x will disconnect from ttyusb0 (moonlander is on) and connect to ttyusb1 (gekko newpac is on) and alternate between the two causing bfgminer to fail on the moonlander.

Any ideas on how to keep it from alternating like this and have both running together?  I tested on my windows machine and both are able to work together without issue.  Ubuntu on the other hand no so.  When I ran the below command 'before' launching the mining software, it showed correctly moonlander device on usb0 and the gekko on usb1.  'After' running the miner, the below is what happens and I believe is the reason for the issue.  Soon I will be attaching an Arduino Uno for some electronic projects I am working on and believe this will possibly create issues with it as well.  Help is appreciated.  Just don't know how to correct.   Thanks

You need to figure out which tty each is attached too, and make sure you specify in bfgminer/cgminer to not auto-scan (ie use the -S /dev/ttyUSB0) flag.

My driver is pretty good at filtering out the right ASIC before injecting commands to the chip, but im pretty sure gekkosciences driver starts sending commands as soon as it finds a UART chip, which is why it screws up the moonlanders. Make sure auto-scan is not enabled will keep each driver from trying to send commands to the wrong usb miner.

Check out the first page, answers are in the FAQ section.
Is this possible to do on Terminal? What is the command to turn off auto-scan? I how do I discover the USB bus address?

I know you don't manufacture the device, but it seems that the VCP driver used with the MacOS ML2 install causes cgminer to not be able to detect the NewPacs. Do you think rerouting both devices to their specific corresponding USB address would avoid this error?

I'm new to this and have really been enjoying learning through this trouble shooting process. My next step is to crib from the Linux process described in the original response to your above post #1894.

ALSO, I ordered the BTC full node and 2 standard units to pair with it. I dig your ethos, man. Thanks.

Check out the FAQ section on the first page of this thread...answers are in there.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1153

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2021, 11:38:22 PM

mine was horizontal and after a few weeks it just broke - nothing was touching it, it was just sitting on a table with nothing around it.

Again thats impossible. These are reinforced USB ports that solder directly onto the board with two anchors. You would have to take pliers to it to yank it off. Im sure someone in your household bumped into it and was too scared to tell you  Grin

If you want just mail it in and ill fix it for you

this still possible? I pretty much just need the address to ship it to.

Mine BTC @ kano.is Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
Get your own Ballet Wallet here! BalletCrypto.com use coupon code "MMLLC5off" for 5% off
Need some thing 3d printed? Need something laser cut? go here: moparmining.com
moriaville

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 03:18:13 AM

Any ideas on how to keep it from alternating like this and have both running together?  I tested on my windows machine and both are able to work together without issue.  Ubuntu on the other hand no so.  When I ran the below command 'before' launching the mining software, it showed correctly moonlander device on usb0 and the gekko on usb1.  'After' running the miner, the below is what happens and I believe is the reason for the issue.  Soon I will be attaching an Arduino Uno for some electronic projects I am working on and believe this will possibly create issues with it as well.  Help is appreciated.  Just don't know how to correct.   Thanks

Check out the first page, answers are in the FAQ section.

Check out the FAQ section on the first page of this thread...answers are in there.

Kicking myself for not reading that all the way through...

I followed those instructions but I am struggling finding the bus and port number.

| | +-o FutureBit Moonlander 2@14320000  <class AppleUSBDevice, id 0x100003821, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), retain 13>
  | | |   {
  | | |     "sessionID" = 89647696327114
  | | |     "idProduct" = 60000
  | | |     "iManufacturer" = 1
  | | |     "bDeviceClass" = 0
  | | |     "bMaxPacketSize0" = 64
  | | |     "bcdDevice" = 256
  | | |     "iProduct" = 2
  | | |     "iSerialNumber" = 3
  | | |     "bNumConfigurations" = 1
  | | |     "Bus Power Available" = 250
  | | |     "USB Address" = 34
  | | |     "Built-In" = No
  | | |     "locationID" = 338821120
  | | |     "bDeviceSubClass" = 0
  | | |     "bcdUSB" = 512
  | | |     "USB Product Name" = "FutureBit Moonlander 2"
  | | |     "PortNum" = 2
  | | |     "non-removable" = "no"
  | | |     "kUSBSerialNumberString" = "7ca1b51a5bcee611bad3a7bc30f55f2b"
  | | |     "bDeviceProtocol" = 0
  | | |     "AppleUSBAlternateServiceRegistryID" = 4294981663
  | | |     "IOCFPlugInTypes" = {"9dc7b780-9ec0-11d4-a54f-000a27052861"="IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle"}
  | | |     "IOPowerManagement" = {"DevicePowerState"=0,"CurrentPowerState"=3,"CapabilityFlags"=65536,"MaxPowerState"=4,"DriverPowerState"=3}
  | | |     "Device Speed" = 1
  | | |     "USB Vendor Name" = "FutureBit"
  | | |     "idVendor" = 4292
  | | |     "kUSBCurrentConfiguration" = 1
  | | |     "IOGeneralInterest" = "IOCommand is not serializable"
  | | |     "kUSBProductString" = "FutureBit Moonlander 2"
  | | |     "USB Serial Number" = "7ca1b51a5bcee611bad3a7bc30f55f2b"
  | | |     "kUSBVendorString" = "FutureBit"
  | | |     "IOClassNameOverride" = "IOUSBDevice"
  | | |   }
  | | |   

I'm reading as 34:2 but when I add that value for X -

#!/bin/sh
cd -- "$(dirname "$0")"
cd bin
./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u moriaville.moonl0 -p 1 -S MLD:cu.SLAB_USBtoUART34:2 --set MLD:clock=700

The software says "NO DEVICES FOUND".

Thanks for your help.
jstefanop
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 07:20:04 PM

This is on a Mac? Open a terminal and type

ls /dev/cu.SLAB*

You should see the port numbers of the moonlanders you have in your system, then you add each with an -S flag in your start file. What you have in there now won't work.

ie -S MLD:/dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART1 -S MLD:/dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART2 etc.

MeJustMe

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 08:30:18 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2021, 09:15:16 AM by MeJustMe

Hi all.
Can someone give me the details of the type of screws for mount the fan on moonlander 2 ? I have several moonlanders running with an external fan, so i remove all small fans long time ago but now when try mount the fans again i notice that all screws gonne  Huh Huh  Shocked
So probably the daughters or wife   Undecided
So i need the specs of screws . Any help would be nice ( info or place to buy )
Thanks in advance

ps:
Found it : M2.5x20mm steel screws  Grin
KC_coolDad83

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2021, 02:56:29 AM

I am looking for Moonlander 2's to buy. Are any of yours for sale?
KC_coolDad83

View Profile
March 05, 2021, 07:18:17 AM

Hi all.
Can someone give me the details of the type of screws for mount the fan on moonlander 2 ? I have several moonlanders running with an external fan, so i remove all small fans long time ago but now when try mount the fans again i notice that all screws gonne  Huh Huh  Shocked
So probably the daughters or wife   Undecided
So i need the specs of screws . Any help would be nice ( info or place to buy )
Thanks in advance

ps:
Found it : M2.5x20mm steel screws  Grin

I am looking for Moonlander 2's to buy. Are any of yours for sale?
m.wolf

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 10:28:12 PM

Hi,

With the craze of Dogecoin and all the stock stuff, I took my Moonlander 2's out of the closet.

I set all the Moonlander software and I am good to go when mining through a pool.

I have also downloaded the Dogecoin-qt wallet to Mac OS.
It is synced with the network.

I am having trouble connecting the Moonlander 2's to my Dogecoin wallet.
it just doesn't work.

Do I need to have dogecoind going?
(honestly, not even sure what it is)

Anyway, any help would be super appreciated!!!
moriaville

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 03:39:01 AM

Trying to get the ML2 up and running on a Raspberry Pi 3.

From a fresh OS install, I followed @Astrali instructions from the first page of this thread to the letter.

I get this error.

pi@raspberrypi:~/miner $ cd bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6
pi@raspberrypi:~/miner/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6 $ sudo ./start_moonlander2.sh
./bfgminer: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
pi@raspberrypi:~/miner/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6 $

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance.
Sparkz77

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 09:19:39 PM

Moriaville,

Install the following:

sudo apt install libncurses5 libncurses5-dev

Wink
moriaville

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 12:51:21 AM

Moriaville,

Install the following:

sudo apt install libncurses5 libncurses5-dev

Wink

Yes! That did it! Thanks so much.
powvex

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 05:45:15 AM

Are these doing $0.02 per day? Is it profitable or am I missing something?
Sparkz77

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 10:50:49 AM

I'm, getting 0.0002 Ł a day on litecoinpool.org with two of them running at 4Mh/s each.
So about 0.02 USD a day each, yes.
Bitfort

Activity: 840
Merit: 327

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 04:54:42 PM

I'm, getting 0.0002 Ł a day on litecoinpool.org with two of them running at 4Mh/s each.

I just rented one for 2 days, earned 0.00003058 BTC.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

Fisa83

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2021, 06:24:47 PM

Hey guys,

i have a Problem, i got 2 Moonlanders today i want to run them on my Pi4 but BFG Miner keeps saying NO DEVICE FOUND.

When i try to add one manually the orange LED on the Moonlander blinks once but nothing happens.

Does anyone have an Idea?
philbucko

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2021, 12:47:22 PM

I just rented one for 2 days, earned 0.00003058 BTC.

What a great return, Are you saying rented it for 2 days, and returned about $1.50.
Is that through your referral link, if so i must try it
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: