Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:23:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 71408 times)
DrGee

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 04:14:02 PM

Moonlander2 arrived yesterday.was able to get it mining. today i get a error stating no server found,url probably entered incorrectly. i found snippets of this discussion without any real resolutions. thoughts?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sergtjim

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 06:27:12 PM

Moonlander2 arrived yesterday.was able to get it mining. today i get a error stating no server found,url probably entered incorrectly. i found snippets of this discussion without any real resolutions. thoughts?

I'm a newbie here myself.  Same thing happened to me.  No idea why.
These are the things i tried to fix it.  Some combination of them eventually got the miners going again.

The correct url for Litecoinpool is   Litecoinpool.org   Not US.Litecoinpool.org
Make sure your USB hub can supply ~2 amps to EACH moonlander-NOT a total of 2 amps for ALL ports.

Reboot the computer
Power cycle the computer
Turn the moonlanders off and then on again
Move them to different ports on the USB hub
Connect the USB hub to a different port on the computer
Power cycle the modem and router
In Windows Defender make exceptions in the firewalls for the url of the mining pools I was using Litecoinpool.org and Prohashing.com
Verify that antivirus wasn't blocking the pool addresses
Verify that PiHole wasn't blocking the pool addresses
Turn off the miners.  Then in Device Manager right click and dismount them.  Turn off the computer.  Turn it back on.  After It finishes booting open device manager and verify that the miners are not active, then power them up.  They should show active in a few seconds generally starting with COM 3.
In Device Manager double click each miner.  In the Port Settings Tab I bumped the port speed to 38,400bps from the default 9600 bps.  In the Power management tab Uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device" box.  Click ok. Do this for each miner. Close Device Manager and power cycle the compiter.
Took me forever to go through all that.  In the end I have no idea exactly what worked, but they ultimately connected and started hashing merrily away.

I have four MoonLanders, and I think Santa is bringing two more.

This is my init string:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333/ -u MyUserName.MyMinerName -p 1, -S MLD:\\.\COM3 --set MLD:clock=924 -S MLD:\\.\COM4 --set MLD:clock=924 -S MLD:\\.\COM5 --set MLD:clock=924 -S MLD:\\.\COM6 --set MLD:clock=924

I keep track of my Landers with a tiny number sticker on the fan:
Lander01/Ser# 14fe4f36932ae911875df8c8a6fee405/HubPort 01/COM 5/DMPort_#0003.Hub_#0005/vcore=.890/vmem=.907/Clock=924

HubPort is the USB hub port
Com 5 is the Device Manager designation
DMPort is also from Device Manager,
vcore is the core voltage
vmem is the memory voltage

My four miners have been running at 924Mh/s and are stable at under 1% hard error rate.
If you overclock make sure you have a fan blowing over the landers.  They can get really hot.  Use a multimeter to verify voltages, don' guess.  You can kill the lander by overvolting.

Kind of off topic but here's an easy way to get to the device manager.

Windows has a God mode.  You too can become a diety.

You must be using a user account with administrator privileges.

On your desktop create a new folder.
To name the folder, copy and paste this line:

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

All of it. Must be exact. The folder icon will change to a little blue box.
Open it, and you will have direct access to 206 Windows functions all listed in nice little groups.

Find "Devices And Printers"
Open that and find "Device Manager"
Right-click, drag, and drop "Device Manager" onto your desktop and from the context menu choose "Create a shortcut here"
Close the "GodMode" folder
tux1975

Activity: 299
Merit: 74

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 07:48:44 AM

I'm a newbie here myself.  Same thing happened to me.  No idea why.
These are the things i tried to fix it.  Some combination of them eventually got the miners going again.

The correct url for Litecoinpool is   Litecoinpool.org   Not US.Litecoinpool.org
Make sure your USB hub can supply ~2 amps to EACH moonlander-NOT a total of 2 amps for ALL ports.

Reboot the computer
Power cycle the computer
Turn the moonlanders off and then on again
Move them to different ports on the USB hub
Connect the USB hub to a different port on the computer
Power cycle the modem and router
In Windows Defender make exceptions in the firewalls for the url of the mining pools I was using Litecoinpool.org and Prohashing.com
Verify that antivirus wasn't blocking the pool addresses
Verify that PiHole wasn't blocking the pool addresses
Turn off the miners.  Then in Device Manager right click and dismount them.  Turn off the computer.  Turn it back on.  After It finishes booting open device manager and verify that the miners are not active, then power them up.  They should show active in a few seconds generally starting with COM 3.
In Device Manager double click each miner.  In the Port Settings Tab I bumped the port speed to 38,400bps from the default 9600 bps.  In the Power management tab Uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device" box.  Click ok. Do this for each miner. Close Device Manager and power cycle the compiter.
Took me forever to go through all that.  In the end I have no idea exactly what worked, but they ultimately connected and started hashing merrily away.

I have four MoonLanders, and I think Santa is bringing two more.

This is my init string:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333/ -u MyUserName.MyMinerName -p 1, -S MLD:\\.\COM3 --set MLD:clock=924 -S MLD:\\.\COM4 --set MLD:clock=924 -S MLD:\\.\COM5 --set MLD:clock=924 -S MLD:\\.\COM6 --set MLD:clock=924

I keep track of my Landers with a tiny number sticker on the fan:
Lander01/Ser# 14fe4f36932ae911875df8c8a6fee405/HubPort 01/COM 5/DMPort_#0003.Hub_#0005/vcore=.890/vmem=.907/Clock=924

HubPort is the USB hub port
Com 5 is the Device Manager designation
DMPort is also from Device Manager,
vcore is the core voltage
vmem is the memory voltage

My four miners have been running at 924Mh/s and are stable at under 1% hard error rate.
If you overclock make sure you have a fan blowing over the landers.  They can get really hot.  Use a multimeter to verify voltages, don' guess.  You can kill the lander by overvolting.

Kind of off topic but here's an easy way to get to the device manager.

Windows has a God mode.  You too can become a diety.

You must be using a user account with administrator privileges.

On your desktop create a new folder.
To name the folder, copy and paste this line:

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

All of it. Must be exact. The folder icon will change to a little blue box.
Open it, and you will have direct access to 206 Windows functions all listed in nice little groups.

Find "Devices And Printers"
Open that and find "Device Manager"
Right-click, drag, and drop "Device Manager" onto your desktop and from the context menu choose "Create a shortcut here"
Close the "GodMode" folder

Hello
Dr.Gee
start your ML´s with:
"bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u jstefanop.1 -p 1,d=128  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=600"
if it works, you ML is ok and you can play with other overclock Settings ...

sergtjim
a ML "out of the Box" will not start / Long work with 924 clock  frequency  Roll Eyes this is a massive overclock and not recommended without extra cooling !

Jens

sergtjim

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 03:25:56 PM

Nice setup there.

Absolutely 924 is a huge overclock.

I have a 188 CFM fan blowing over the Moonlanders.  Works great - it's an inline tube fan generally used in marijuana grow houses.  Has a four inch outlet that comfortably accomodates my four Landers.  Heat sink temps stay about twenty degrees above room ambient temperature.

I spent a bunch of time diddling voltages and ended up with these as most stable.  Hard error rate is ~.62%.  I used to stop them and power cycle each morning but I have been curious as to exactly how stable these really are.  So far, they've now been running six days and 13.5 hours without failing or any increase in error rates.

Device 03/COM 3/Port_#0004.Hub_#0003/vcore=.890/vmem=.908/Clock=924
Device 04/COM 4/Port_#0001.Hub_#0003/vcore=.891/vmem=.907/Clock=924
Device 01/COM 5/Port_#0003.Hub_#0005/vcore=.890/vmem=.907/Clock=924
Device 02/COM 6/Port_#0002.Hub_#0004/vcore=.891/vmem=.907/Clock=924

I suspect that the BrovSS 10 port hub I'm using has something to do with that.  It actually does supply 2.1 amps per port.  It is also connected through my UPS, so it gets stable filtered power input regulated to 120VAC plus or minus three volts.

I also upped the port speed in Device Manager to 38400bps from the default 9600bps.

mstrozier

Activity: 114
Merit: 151

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 03:31:45 PM

Any fixes for the:
Code:
[2019-10-31 11:11:59] Started bfgminer 5.4.2-38-g106390aSegmentation fault

Haven't seen any responses.  Just curious as now I have both miners just collecting dust, removed them completely out of my rig.  As it's getting segmentation faults on every pool.  Ran both on a Ubuntu and raspberry pi systems.  It's been running flawlessly for months 24/7 on my raspberry Pi until just recently.  Not sure why they are failing now unless this is a problem with the moon lander itself?
Have you run any updates on the Pi?
You might want to delete bfgminer and rebuild.  From some minor research it looks like segmentation faults are often from build issues, though sometimes it is from missing dependencies on the OS. So I would try an update and reboot first and if that fails start from scratch. If you used the download from Futurebit I might redownload and unzip it to a different location.

Otherwise I have no clue...

Thanks I'll try rebuilding it.  Haven't done any updates to that unit since everything has been working.  I also run several Newpacs and R606's also on the same pi 4.   I'll rebuild it into a new directory and see if that resolves the issue.  I have another Pi 4 that's currently not being used, may give it a try on it as well.  Just to rule out if something is a bit off on the rig it's currently running or not.

Thanks for the assist

Well finally got around to fully testing this.  Still unsure why it's now messing up.   These two moonlanders I have ran originally on a Raspberry Pi 3 and later Pi 4 without issue.  About 6 months 24/7 on a Pi 3.   I'm assuming since there have been some forced updates on the Raspberry Pi 4 kernel that it's possibly causing the Segmentation Fault errors?  I have 3 pi's and have tested on all 3 of them.  I've reloaded Raspbian and went lite, full buster and NOOBS editions, same results.  It might run now for an hour or sometimes up to 8 hours but the miner eventually crashes with a Segmentation Fault.  Sadly I am unable to find any prior release copies of Raspbian.  The oldest copy I have is Noobs Version 3.2 that was released in July 2019.  So I've only be able to back date my OS to that point with these tests.

I've now loaded them on my personal Windows 10 rig.  They are running for now.  I'll see if they will remain stable and if so I'll then just attach them to one of my GPU mining rigs (with powered usb hub).    I'm assuming the links on the first page of this thread are still valid for the bfgminer software?  So there hasn't been any updates since 2017?   Just wanting to make sure I am using the right miner.

sergtjim

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 03:50:09 PM

I'm pretty sure that is the most recent release.  If you're using Windows 10 make sure you use the 64 bit driver.

I looked and don't have any old versions of Raspian.
mstrozier

View Profile
December 25, 2019, 02:27:06 AM

Any ideas on this error:

Code:
Failed to sanity check in lowl-vcom.c windows_usb_get_string():508

I reinstalled windows 10 on my Gpu rig, and nothing has changed since I installed this earlier this week. But now receiving this Failed sanity check.  The miner appears to be still hashing on after I give it a few minutes.   I uninstalled the 210x driver, reinstalled it, still same results.  Once it starts hashing (700Mhz averaging 3.9Mh/s.   And while mining it'll come up often.

Any ideas on how to correct this?
sergtjim

View Profile
December 25, 2019, 07:38:10 AM

Are you using a USB hub or are you plugged directly into a USB port on your computer?

How many amps can your USB connection provide to the MoonLander?

Do you have a multimeter?  If so check the memory and core voltages.  Despite what It says on page 1, all four of my moonlanders are much more stable with the voltages set at .907 running at 924Mhz..

Also try speeding up your com port,   the default speed is 9600bps which is painfully slow.  I set mine to 38,400.
mstrozier

View Profile
December 25, 2019, 04:49:34 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2019, 07:43:54 PM by mstrozier

Are you using a USB hub or are you plugged directly into a USB port on your computer?

How many amps can your USB connection provide to the MoonLander?

Do you have a multimeter?  If so check the memory and core voltages.  Despite what It says on page 1, all four of my moonlanders are much more stable with the voltages set at .907 running at 924Mhz..

Also try speeding up your com port,   the default speed is 9600bps which is painfully slow.  I set mine to 38,400.

The usb hub is a GekkoScience 7 port hub, 3a per port so more than enough power for these little things.  As I have another one of these hubs powering my newpacs and R606's.   These moonlanders worked on the same machine, the only difference is that I did a fresh windows 10 install onto a M.2 SSD instead of the 1TB Hard Drive that I originally had on this box.    I'm reinstalling again as I noticed issues with the 210x drivers and couldn't get them uninstalled/reinstalled.   Since this drive was fresh to begin with, figured wouldn't hurt resetting everything again Cheesy

** Edit **
Oddly enough it still does it even after fresh install.  Without even plugging the moonlanders or the hub up to the system yet, just run the start_moonlander bat file first as a test, the first thing that pops up is the error "Failed to sanity check in lowl-vcom.c windows_usb_get_string():508"

Then after a few seconds the message waiting on devices appears which I was expecting that message since I haven't plugged them in yet.   This is running on a AsRock H110 pro BTC+ motherboard.   Just odd it was originally working and now it's giving these sanity errors.  If it keeps up I'll loose my own sanity Cheesy Cheesy

I've now moved it to another gpu mining rig. Same setup and it's working fine on that one, no errors.  So that's where it'll stay Cheesy
Something123

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2020, 10:05:37 PM

I been reading through the thread but can’t find it. Why do I get FutureBit error permission denied. Any fix to this Moonlander 2
mstrozier

View Profile
January 02, 2020, 10:40:47 PM

I been reading through the thread but can’t find it. Why do I get FutureBit error permission denied. Any fix to this Moonlander 2

You running this in windows?  Linux?  Raspberry Pi?    If you are on linux / Raspberry Pi then you need to use sudo before your .sh file.    So if you created a script as example start_miner.sh  then on command line you will need to do sudo ./start_miner.sh
bitrock308

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 02:07:51 PM

Hi all ,
If i started bfg miner with that commando : ./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum-ltc.antpool.org:8888 -u expamleuser.rpi -p 1,d=128 -s ALL --set MLD:clock=600 on my rpi it comes : Pool 0 : Unknown straum msg: {"error": null, "id":autoh,"result":true}
i searched with Google and try to fixed it with other Solutions but it didnt helped.Also i tried all three antpool ltc pool adresses . Can someone help me ?

My Setup : -RPI 4 Raspbian
                 -futurebit Moonlander2
                 -antpool

Thanks a lot

Greetings bitrock
tux1975

Activity: 299
Merit: 74

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 08:51:56 AM

Hi,
Antpool  Undecided
did you test with another pool? ML2 and Litecoinpool.org is a good stable base ...

Jens

barbisboy

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 06:34:11 PM

Any chance someone can write up a step-by-step guide for getting these working on a Raspberry Pi 3B? I'm a Linux novice and most of what I see assumes a certain level of know how. I was hoping to set it up wirelessly on Minera, but at this point I'm so confused I'll take what I can get... Thanks in advance!

so you need the a foolproof copy n paste "just get it to work" description?

i'll write a short version for you that is most probably not perfect - but will most probably work.

Login to your raspberry pi with putty. (if this already is a problem - let me know). - you can as well login locally if you got keyboard and screen attached!

install neccesary library files (thanks to jstefanop for providing this info)
Code:
sudo apt install libjansson-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev

Code:
mkdir miner
 this will create a directory in your home directory for bfgminer.
Code:
cd miner
now you are in the new folder with the name "miner"

Code:
wget https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer/releases/download/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6.tar.gz
this will download the precompiled (ready to run) bfgminer from jstefanop.

now lets unpack this tar.gz file - this is a zipped tarball (something like a .zip file in windows - atleast similar)

Code:
tar xzfv bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6.tar.gz
now theres running lots of text of the files being unpacked into a folder.

lets go into the new unpacked folder!
Code:
cd bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6

here is the complete bfgminer including a short startup script from jstefanop.

now you can either edit the existing start script by using editor of your choice - i am using nano.
Code:
nano start_moonlander2.sh
and change the pool, the username (after -u) the password (after -p) and save the file again
Code:
CTRL + o
or
Code:
STRG + o
depending on keyboard layout.

now thats its saved - quit the editor.
Code:
CTRL + X
or
Code:
STRG + x

you are ready to do a test run!
Code:
./start_moonlander2.sh
now bfgminer will start (hopefully).

if you dont want to edit existing config you can as well try this:
Code:
echo ./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u jstefanop.1 -p 1,d=128 -S ALL --set MLD:clock=600 >startmoonlander.sh
in this line you change the pool - the username - the password option.
this will create a new file called "startmoonlander.sh" with your options - which can be modified later.

this file cant be used right now cause it is not executable. lets change that!
Code:
chmod +x startmoonlander.sh

and now you can try your new startup script!
Code:
./startmoonlander.sh

if you encounter any errors - describe them as good as possible or show us a screenshot and i bet - we will find a solution!

Greetings - Astrali

So I am trying to install on Pi4 and it all worked up till
(code) wget https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer/releases/download/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6.tar.gz

it comes back with a message:
unable to resolve host address 

mstrozier

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 09:19:41 PM

I have been having on/off problems with the additional moonlanders so swapped out the hub.  I have now 2 gekkoscience hubs that are powered off a HP Server 1200 PSU.  Each slot is 3a power.  So more than enough power to run 4 of these sticks.  And for testing sake I even broke it down to just 2 per hub since I have 2 hubs and still having this reoccurring problem in this screen shot here --->  https://ibb.co/zPWXtj5

Where the asic device will just stop hashing and attempt to restart.  If I run these on prohashing pool it's worse.  3 of them will constantly reset.  Right now on this current pool mining Mooncoin only MLD0 is getting reset quite often.  Any ideas what could cause this?  As power issue is ruled out.  I've also ran these at 644, 686 and 700 Mhz all with same results.  So I am stumped why one continues to reset.

Here is 2nd screen shot where it's starting to occur more frequent.  https://ibb.co/99mfq0r

Any ideas?
Squirrel710

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 03:46:16 AM

have you tried adjusting voltage maybe the pods got moved ever so much. i was having that problem and had to pull back on volts
sasman19

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 11:00:50 PM

Any suggestions for troubleshooting or a fix? 2 of my moonlander 2 stop hashing and restart. After restarting they run at a low hashrate for a short period then restart again. They are running at 744 off a eyeboot usb hub that puts out 2amp a port.
sasman19

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 11:21:11 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2020, 02:02:11 AM by sasman19

Any suggestions for troubleshooting or a fix? 2 of my moonlander 2 stop hashing and restart. After restarting they run at a low hashrate for a short period then restart again. They are running at 744 off a eyeboot usb hub that puts out 2amp a port.

Tuned them up. Some other asics might need to increase memory/core voltage slightly....
mstrozier

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 11:58:35 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2020, 02:26:39 PM by mstrozier

might give that a try.  It's a new one just shipped from futurebit directly so possibly the voltage is wrong.  All the others work fine.  Just managed to isolate it to one.

** Edit **
I believe it is a voltage issue.  It must have been set too low from the developer on this one stick.  All the others works fine and will hit the target 600 Mhz speed and will overclock to 700 without having to change voltages just fine.   This one stick I'm having trouble with on the other hand 540 Mhz is the highest it'll go.  It still does the Asic restarts but not as common as before.  If I want it to run perfect with no restarts, 480 Mhz is the most stable.

** Edit 2 lol **
Ok voltage was the issue.  When comparing this unit  against the others as well as the pictures on the first page, the core pot was not turned with the flat end pointing down.  I turned it clockwise to match and it's now hashing 4.2Mh at 700Mhz without a single restart.   Thanks for the help.
pyroandy

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 03:11:57 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2020, 04:57:24 PM by pyroandy

Does anyone know if BFGminer for Raspberry pi has been updated yet to include auto-restart?
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: