Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:00:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 71312 times)
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 03:50:39 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTlkIxEq_6w

We reviewed the futurebut moonlander 2 and also created a basic setup guide for it
https://steemit.com/litecoin/@voskcoin/usb-scrypt-asic-miner-review-or-futurebit-moonlander-2

Note - I think its a really neat development and understand it can hash faster than 3 mh/s however out of the box that is what it hashes.

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:54:18 AM

That 12V, 10A PSU should give you plenty of power, 120watts. That's 2.4 amps per port. I would not use an old cctv transformer its output will not be as clean as a switching power supply.  The bad part is that hub has 5 DC to DC step down converters in it, one for every two ports and they are only rated for 5 amps or less each so even with a bigger external power supply you may overheat the Dc to Dc converters inside if you try to pump too much current thru the USB ports.

It does I'm just trying to find a solution where I dont need to use 2 or 3 psu's 1 for the hub, 1 for the pi, 1 for the fans. might just rip apart a 12v 2a link that to a 12v usb charger and the fans and mount all of it in a box with an extra fan and an iec socket linked to the 2 12v psu's. at least then I'd only use one socket and tidy it up a bit.

as you can see currently the pi's powered by the extension strip the 2 fans are linked to a 12v psu on the left and the hubs psu is behind. I'm far from the best maker but fun project and its starting to take shape Grin

pyroandy

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:09:10 PM

That 12V, 10A PSU should give you plenty of power, 120watts. That's 2.4 amps per port. I would not use an old cctv transformer its output will not be as clean as a switching power supply.  The bad part is that hub has 5 DC to DC step down converters in it, one for every two ports and they are only rated for 5 amps or less each so even with a bigger external power supply you may overheat the Dc to Dc converters inside if you try to pump too much current thru the USB ports.

It does I'm just trying to find a solution where I dont need to use 2 or 3 psu's 1 for the hub, 1 for the pi, 1 for the fans. might just rip apart a 12v 2a link that to a 12v usb charger and the fans and mount all of it in a box with an extra fan and an iec socket linked to the 2 12v psu's. at least then I'd only use one socket and tidy it up a bit.

http://i68.tinypic.com/4qs9jk.jpg

as you can see currently the pi's powered by the extension strip the 2 fans are linked to a 12v psu on the left and the hubs psu is behind. I'm far from the best maker but fun project and its starting to take shape Grin

Nice looking setup. Personally, I would only run 5 off that hub so you can run them full speed. If you only have on one hub then you could plug you Pi and extra fans into the hub too because they don't need that much power.  Have you tried to get bfgminer to run at startup? I am new to pi and Linux in general and have not been able to get it to work.
AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:33:50 PM

Nice looking setup. Personally, I would only run 5 off that hub so you can run them full speed. If you only have on one hub then you could plug you Pi and extra fans into the hub too because they don't need that much power.  Have you tried to get bfgminer to run at startup? I am new to pi and Linux in general and have not been able to get it to work.

Nah I dont really need to been using pi's for years and they seldom crash, I use ssh and tmux to control it. that theres my trusty old pi2 with a broken hdmi out  Grin

I'm sure you know what ssh is tmux may be a mystery to you it allows you to run a program through ssh and it'll keep running even after you disconnect. its similair to screen but a bit more advanced/configurable

pyroandy

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:37:32 PM

Nice looking setup. Personally, I would only run 5 off that hub so you can run them full speed. If you only have on one hub then you could plug you Pi and extra fans into the hub too because they don't need that much power.  Have you tried to get bfgminer to run at startup? I am new to pi and Linux in general and have not been able to get it to work.

Nah I dont really need to been using pi's for years and they seldom crash, I use ssh and tmux to control it. that theres my trusty old pi2 with a broken hdmi out  Grin

I'm sure you know what ssh is tmux may be a mystery to you it allows you to run a program through ssh and it'll keep running even after you disconnect. its similair to screen but a bit more advanced/configurable

Yes, I tried screen but it was not getting me anywhere. Besides I just want it to autostart every time the pi boots up.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2060
Merit: 1385

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:31:02 PM

Nah I dont really need to been using pi's for years and they seldom crash, I use ssh and tmux to control it. that theres my trusty old pi2 with a broken hdmi out  Grin

Yes, I tried screen but it was not getting me anywhere. Besides I just want it to autostart every time the pi boots up.

make sure screen is installed (sudo apt install screen)

create a file in your home directory with nano like this:

Code:
nano startup.sh

inside this file put something like this

Code:
cd /home/YOUR_PI_ACCOUNT_NAME/YOUR_BFGMINER_FOLDER_NAME
screen -dmS miner bash -c './start_moonlander.sh; exec bash'

then turn startup script to executible

Code:
sudo chmod +x startup.sh

and add this to crontab

Code:
sudo crontab -e

go down after all the ## and add this line

Code:
@reboot /home/YOUR_PI_ACCOUNT_NAME/startup.sh

then

Code:
sudo reboot

once rebooted just do

Code:
sudo screen -dr

and you should see bfgminer running. Press control then A then D at the same time to exit screen without terminating process.

That should do it  Wink

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
LTC:LX5vpxrQE4eLRLPobKwZhw2comkKFCh3p4 - BTC:14w9Lea6kdVzspJk8TQRe7qSYu9LhzJJsh
lennyNO

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:21:23 PM

This could be a power problem, the ports on that hub are only rated at 2 amps each. What frequencies are you running at? Some miners have been known to draw to much power when they go bad. Pull the bad ones and one more and try and run 8 in every other port on that hub.
I could be wrong, but I had the impression that all the ports are fed directly from the powersupply and not individually through a usb hub chip. The total rated power is 40A which should be plenty, but I can see from the significant voltage drop that isn't optimal. I am not sure how the core voltage depends on the supply voltage and if it matters.

If you dont want to invest in a higher powered usb hub.
Well, the Eyeboot 19 port 40A is more or less mil-grade, made of sturdy metal, looks very nice, but as jstephanop wrote a while ago, he wasn't sooo enthusiastic having noticed problems with the pins and the power capability. This monster cost me a fortune because alternative hubs from Amazon didn't ship to my country. It is almost embarrassing to note how much I paid for the think when I finally had it (with shipping and taxes).

For each miner undervolt all memory voltage to as low as you can before they stop hashing.
Yes I did all that, also core. I feel I have a good control in general. What I learned is that stability is way more important than a slightly higher hashrate. Nothing is as frustrating as that the MLDs have stopped hashing, or for some reason drop out. One MLD no problem, all 11, impossible, lately the 'best' 8 - also impossible. I am sure it is this hub. That's why it can't be stressed enough that if you're running more than 1-2 MLDs that you really really pay attention to what hub you are getting.

if your running 11 miners check the warmth of your psu.
Nah, never really warm. maybe 100W, no problem. I would say not more than maybe 25degs (in room temp <15degs C).
Thanks for all the feedback!
diveyez

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:55:41 PM

After speaking to lukejr and jstefaonop I felt compelled to write a shortcut script for building the bfgminer moonlander2 version.
This is permitted by jstefanop and we spoke about this. I hope this helps those who need the help, to build the miner.
https://github.com/diveyez/rpi_moonlander

You will find the instructions on the github repository.
Instructions:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/diveyez/rpi_moonlander && cd rpi_moonlander && chmod +x build && ./build
frazier34567a

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:13:14 PM

I ordered 2 Moonlander 2 and have them hashing. The problem is that no matter what I do one of the sticks have an error rate of 5-10%. I've tried modifying clock settings, different USB ports, different computers, powered USB hubs, etc.

One stick is <.5% error rate and the other is 5-10% consistently. I've gone as low at 600MHz and as high as 796 each with similar results.

I've purchased directly from the developer on eBay. Not sure if I have a defective unit or I need to tweak the pots maybe?

Interested to hear any ideas on how to troubleshoot this.

Try raising the memory and core voltage. Also some units do show higher error rate, but does not actually affect the hashrate (i.e. the uart controller sometimes spits out garbage, but all the "real" shares still come out properly). Are you also seeing a corresponding 5-10% drop in hashrate?

So the plot thickens (well not really... I think I just have a bad device).

These devices shipped with the following voltages Core: 0.714VDC  Mem: 0.771VDC. I changed them to their supposed defaults listed in the first post and was able to get it to Core: 0.751  Mem: 0.854. Now the error rate is consistent with the other 2 devices, except I constantly get these errors after a few hours:

[2018-02-03 10:45:24] FutureBit Write error: Permission denied
[2018-02-03 10:45:24] MLD 1: ASIC has stopped hashing, attempting to restart

I've dropped the frequency from 756 (where the others are running happily) to 600 and all steps in between. I've been troubleshooting this for days and keep ending with the same result no matter which USB port or hub I use. I've run this thing solo, with the other two, basically every combination I've tried gets these errors.

Not sure what else to try at this point.

what hub and what pc or rasp pi?

I want to stress  that my setup is at 832  and just runs and runs and runs and runs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3rqTUNt5XI

I am having the same issue, was there ever a solution?
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:05:28 PM

I ordered 2 Moonlander 2 and have them hashing. The problem is that no matter what I do one of the sticks have an error rate of 5-10%. I've tried modifying clock settings, different USB ports, different computers, powered USB hubs, etc.

One stick is <.5% error rate and the other is 5-10% consistently. I've gone as low at 600MHz and as high as 796 each with similar results.

I've purchased directly from the developer on eBay. Not sure if I have a defective unit or I need to tweak the pots maybe?

Interested to hear any ideas on how to troubleshoot this.

Try raising the memory and core voltage. Also some units do show higher error rate, but does not actually affect the hashrate (i.e. the uart controller sometimes spits out garbage, but all the "real" shares still come out properly). Are you also seeing a corresponding 5-10% drop in hashrate?

So the plot thickens (well not really... I think I just have a bad device).

These devices shipped with the following voltages Core: 0.714VDC  Mem: 0.771VDC. I changed them to their supposed defaults listed in the first post and was able to get it to Core: 0.751  Mem: 0.854. Now the error rate is consistent with the other 2 devices, except I constantly get these errors after a few hours:

[2018-02-03 10:45:24] MLD 1: ASIC has stopped hashing, attempting to restart

I've dropped the frequency from 756 (where the others are running happily) to 600 and all steps in between. I've been troubleshooting this for days and keep ending with the same result no matter which USB port or hub I use. I've run this thing solo, with the other two, basically every combination I've tried gets these errors.

Not sure what else to try at this point.

what hub and what pc or rasp pi?

I want to stress  that my setup is at 832  and just runs and runs and runs and runs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3rqTUNt5XI

I am having the same issue, was there ever a solution?

Code:

This error is because the miner temporarily lost contact with the USB port, this happens on cheaper hubs...especially if you have the sticks vertical mounted. The vibrations from the fans can cause the port to lose contact with the pins inside the USB connector. Unfortunately a USB disconnect is not recoverable and it would need to be unplugged/replugged.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
frazier34567a

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:55:41 PM

Code:

This error is because the miner temporarily lost contact with the USB port, this happens on cheaper hubs...especially if you have the sticks vertical mounted. The vibrations from the fans can cause the port to lose contact with the pins inside the USB connector. Unfortunately a USB disconnect is not recoverable and it would need to be unplugged/replugged.

okay this is a 4x PCI-e slot card to 2 USB ports connector that does 2A per port with a SATA cable connector for power. It worked great at first then started having this issues after about a month. I have been dealing with it rebooting the program every half hour.  I had a power outage last night and since then I have had issues.  So I will double check the connections and see if something came loose.
Hintsal

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:00:01 PM

Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.multipool.us:3351 -u Moonlander2.1 -p x,d=256  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=796
pause

Ok so i have it running on litecoinpool and on multipool. Works but i run into the same error. After a while it just stops hashing. If i restart bfg then it works like a champ again.
So can someone help me. Is there a way to set bfgminer up to auto restart after an hour. yea I know its not perfect but at this point i just want the dang thing to run nearly 24 hours. I hate waking up to find it pooped out after 30 minutes and sat idle 6 hours. Is there a way to add a piece to this scrypt that will make it auto restart after an hour? Since I have no clue why it keeps stopping. And before we trouble shoot again just assume its all running on the right stuff. yes powered hub. yes 100mbps connection which is stable. Yes way more than adequate cooling. This thing will run 30 minutes and stop or 32 hours and stop. No rhyme or reason i see. If there is a code to auto restart after an hour that would be gold.  Any help?
pyroandy

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:44:32 PM

I could be wrong, but I had the impression that all the ports are fed directly from the powersupply and not individually through a usb hub chip. The total rated power is 40A which should be plenty, but I can see from the significant voltage drop that isn't optimal. I am not sure how the core voltage depends on the supply voltage and if it matters.

Well no. The power supply feeding it is 12 volts and I have posted pictures before of the insides showing the 5 step-down converters and how they are hooked up to the ports.
pyroandy

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:04:38 PM

After speaking to lukejr and jstefaonop I felt compelled to write a shortcut script for building the bfgminer moonlander2 version.
This is permitted by jstefanop and we spoke about this. I hope this helps those who need the help, to build the miner.
https://github.com/diveyez/rpi_moonlander

You will find the instructions on the github repository.
Instructions:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/diveyez/rpi_moonlander && cd rpi_moonlander && chmod +x build && ./build

Is this just an installer? Will it make a desktop shortcut and an autostart for BFGminer when the pi powers up? As a Pi noob, I have been having trouble figuring out what may be second nature to some more experienced guys.
jamesjam

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:46:16 PM

THIS IS THE SUPPORT THREAD: Keep this thread on topic!

BFGMINER 5.4.2 Instructions

I have built a native bfgminer driver binaries with support all major systems and architectures. Please follow the GitHub release link below, which has binaries for each system attached.

bfgminer download: https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer/releases/tag/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-beta2

You will also need to install the latest version of Silicon Labs VPC drivers for Win/Mac OS link below. If you downloaded this driver below, make sure you update to the latest version, as the Moonlander 2 uses a new UART chip and the old driver will not work will with it.

UART VPC Driver: https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

MAC OS 10.13 HIGH SIERRA USERS: Sililabs drivers will NOT work with the newest version of OS X, and you cannot run the stick with this version until Sililabs provides a driver update! EDIT: Workaround here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2420357.msg25153407#msg25153407

Once you have installed the drivers and extracted bfgminer binary for your system just plug in the miner to a USB port and double click on the Start_Moonlander2 file on your Mac/PC. The driver will auto-detect the board and start hashing at the default frequency (for linux you need to execute the .sh file in terminal with sudo command i.e. sudo start_moonlander2.sh).

Just edit that same file with a text editor to change pools, add bfgminer options, and change frequency. You can also use the -c flag and load it with your own config file.

Hello Jstefanop,
I need to run my Moonlanders by a live 32bit Linux running on an old Pentium III based PC, yes, very old.
This old PC has not a HD, it boots from a memory stick. It is a live distribution but it is persistent so I can install software and it will be saved as it was with an HD.

CGminer for other ASICs (Gridseed) worked very well but here I see there is not a 32 bit BFGminer 5.4.2

How can I set it up?
Should I compile it from source files?
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:58:57 PM

I have built a native bfgminer driver binaries with support all major systems and architectures. Please follow the GitHub release link below, which has binaries for each system attached.

bfgminer download: https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer/releases/tag/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-beta2

You will also need to install the latest version of Silicon Labs VPC drivers for Win/Mac OS link below. If you downloaded this driver below, make sure you update to the latest version, as the Moonlander 2 uses a new UART chip and the old driver will not work will with it.

UART VPC Driver: https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

MAC OS 10.13 HIGH SIERRA USERS: Sililabs drivers will NOT work with the newest version of OS X, and you cannot run the stick with this version until Sililabs provides a driver update! EDIT: Workaround here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2420357.msg25153407#msg25153407

Once you have installed the drivers and extracted bfgminer binary for your system just plug in the miner to a USB port and double click on the Start_Moonlander2 file on your Mac/PC. The driver will auto-detect the board and start hashing at the default frequency (for linux you need to execute the .sh file in terminal with sudo command i.e. sudo start_moonlander2.sh).

Just edit that same file with a text editor to change pools, add bfgminer options, and change frequency. You can also use the -c flag and load it with your own config file.

Hello Jstefanop,
I need to run my Moonlanders by a live 32bit Linux running on an old Pentium III based PC, yes, very old.
This old PC has not a HD, it boots from a memory stick. It is a live distribution but it is persistent so I can install software and it will be saved as it was with an HD.

CGminer for other ASICs (Gridseed) worked very well but here I see there is not a 32 bit BFGminer 5.4.2

How can I set it up?

I only pre-compile 32bit version for windows. Linux you would have to do a native compile on your system. Its very easy for linux, and you can actually use that install scrypt posted above by one of the community members. Its designed for Pi's, but should work fine for your linux system as well.

jamesjam

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:16:08 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2018, 08:07:26 PM by jamesjam

Hello Jstefanop,

How can I set it up?

I only pre-compile 32bit version for windows. Linux you would have to do a native compile on your system. Its very easy for linux, and you can actually use that install scrypt posted above by one of the community members. Its designed for Pi's, but should work fine for your linux system as well.

Hello Jstefanop,
thank you for your fast answer!

When I needed the special (the oliva one) CGminer for Gridseed I remember I had to download it from github and to download dependancies and install them before as the instruction said in the github info or readme file I think; then I did something as configure and make but I don't remember well, it was some time ago and I am not an expert with linux... it was difficult but at the end it worked!

The scrypt you says is the one above?

Have I to type in the consolle just this: "git clone https://github.com/diveyez/rpi_moonlander && cd rpi_moonlander && chmod +x build && ./build"?!

And it makes everything automatic?!
Thanks again!

EDIT: looking at the scrypt it seems to me that the scrypt takes the same bfgminer you have on your github account, it doesn't compile it or am I wrong?!  Huh

I see in it "# wget https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer/releases/download/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-beta2/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_x86_64.tar.gz"

Code:
#!/bin/bash
# Dependencies for the Watcher, The Miner, and Other Security Things Must Be Installed
apt update && apt install build-essential macchanger fail2ban screen tmux irssi ifstat zip unzip cmake make autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev git curl wget libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev libpdcurses sysfs libudev-dev libhidapi-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libevent-core libi2c-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev llvm clan libclc mesa libsensors4-dev yasm raspberrypi-kernel-headers raspberrypi-kernel libevent-dev -y
dpkg-reconfigure macchanger
# Below done for one arm device that didnt have it
#wget https://github.com/libevent/libevent/releases/download/release-2.1.8-stable/libevent-2.1.8-stable.tar.gz
#tar -xvf libevent-2.1.8-stable.tar.gz
#cd libevent-2.1.8-stable
#./autogen.sh && ./configure && ./install-sh
#
# git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer
# cd bfgminer
# ./autogen.sh
# ./configure
# make
# cd ..
echo "See https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer for usage instructions"
#
mkdir futurebit
cd futurebit
wget https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer/releases/download/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-beta2/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6.tar.gz
tar -xvf bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_armv6.tar.gz
# wget https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer/releases/download/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2-beta2/bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_x86_64.tar.gz
# tar -xvf bfgminer_5.4.2-futurebit2_linux_x86_64.tar.gz
cd ..
# echo "futurebit folder is for the MoonLander2's only"
#
# mkdir VCP
# cd VCP
# wget https://www.silabs.com/documents/login/software/Linux_3.x.x_4.x.x_VCP_Driver_Source.zip
# unzip Linux_3.x.x_4.x.x_VCP_Driver_Source.zip
# tar -xvf Linux_3.x.x_4.x.x_VCP_Driver_Source.tar.gz
# make
# cd ..
# echo "To complete the usb to uart bridge, you need to read VCP/CP210x_VCP_Linux_4.x_Release_Notes.txt and follow the isntructions"
#
echo "Done Getting Parts"
# WRITE BUILD CODE
jamesjam

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:33:10 PM

im getting my sticks today and i am trying to compile this for linux 32bit.

im running into a issue..

steps taken.

wget https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer/archive/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2.tar.gz
tar zxfv bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2.tar.gz
cd bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2

when i do
./autogen.sh it says

aaron@aaron-701:~/bfgminer-bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2$ ./autogen.sh
Getting submodules...
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

im stuck.

also why did you name the driver futurebit.c and not futurebit2.c and also why did you use the same github and not make a new one?

its going to make things really complicated since i have v1 and v2 sticks.. :/

edit i "think" i got it to compile not sure until i can test it.
i did this.

first i cloned the main branch.

git clone --branch futurebit_driver https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer.git

then i downloaded the v2 source
wget https://github.com/jstefanop/bfgminer/archive/bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2.tar.gz
tar zxfv bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2.tar.gz
cd bfgminer-5.4.2-futurebit2

then i copied the driver-futurebit.c from there and put it in the main branch.
cp driver-futurebit.c ~/bfgminer

and copy bwltc-commands.h
cp bwltc-commands.h ~/bfgminer

then cd into the main branch.

cd ~/bfgminer

then i ran autogen.sh
then configure CFLAGS=-O3 --enable-scrypt --enable-futurebit --disable-other-drivers
then sudo make

Hmmm, maybe this should work?!
But it is very complex for me... I guess I have to install dependancies before, too... which ones?! What a mess!  Cry
Hintsal

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:48:22 PM

Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.multipool.us:3351 -u Moonlander2.1 -p x,d=256  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=796
pause

Ok so i have it running on litecoinpool and on multipool. Works but i run into the same error. After a while it just stops hashing. If i restart bfg then it works like a champ again.
So can someone help me. Is there a way to set bfgminer up to auto restart after an hour. yea I know its not perfect but at this point i just want the dang thing to run nearly 24 hours. I hate waking up to find it pooped out after 30 minutes and sat idle 6 hours. Is there a way to add a piece to this scrypt that will make it auto restart after an hour? Since I have no clue why it keeps stopping. And before we trouble shoot again just assume its all running on the right stuff. yes powered hub. yes 100mbps connection which is stable. Yes way more than adequate cooling. This thing will run 30 minutes and stop or 32 hours and stop. No rhyme or reason i see. If there is a code to auto restart after an hour that would be gold.  Any help?

Any ideas?
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 03:57:18 PM

Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.multipool.us:3351 -u Moonlander2.1 -p x,d=256  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=796
pause

So can someone help me. Is there a way to set bfgminer up to auto restart after an hour. yea I know its not perfect but at this point i just want the dang thing to run nearly 24 hours. I hate waking up to find it pooped out after 30 minutes and sat idle 6 hours. Is there a way to add a piece to this scrypt that will make it auto restart after an hour? Since I have no clue why it keeps stopping. And before we trouble shoot again just assume its all running on the right stuff. yes powered hub. yes 100mbps connection which is stable. Yes way more than adequate cooling. This thing will run 30 minutes and stop or 32 hours and stop. No rhyme or reason i see. If there is a code to auto restart after an hour that would be gold.  Any help?

Any ideas?

Have you tried lowering the frequency to 6xx to see if it runs better? Do you have tools to check how many volts, amps, and watts are being used? Do you have a heat gun to measure temp on the ASIC?

In Windows, you could forcefully kill the bfgminer using a free tool called pskill:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/pskill

https://ss64.com/nt/timeout.html

You can use a batch file where you loop bfgminer on, wait 1 hr, bfgminer kill

So, something like this:

bfgminer_restart.bat -- the first line should launch bfgminer.exe in its own window, second line waits one hour, third line kills bfgminer, fourth line restarts the loop

Code:
:top
START /b CMD /c "bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.multipool.us:3351 -u Moonlander2.1 -p x,d=256  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=796"
timeout 3600
pskill bfgminer.exe
goto top

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: