Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:12:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com  (Read 87605 times)
slemme6949

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:42:24 PM

this is getting boring clearly your not someone that bought one, Ive read in hear people who have and disappointed with them

from a legal aspect there was claims made by halongmining about the specs and performance that the devices shipped did not meet
there was email between myself and scott offord of halongmining sales about the performance, and support for altcoins with sha256d and it was not disclosed about the limitations and pool limitations

they also sent out an early batch to reviewers to comment on, that batch did not need to leverage asicboost ..
I even thing i saw one of the authors of that review just apologies reading between the lines because even he thinks halonmining  have mislead people

the fact that a few people have felt the need to voice their concerns suggest there is a larger community that is more that likely disappointed
cause I can assure you only a small percentage are aware of where they could go to comment, and only a small percentage of people dont like being walked over and misslead to many people settle

as for us trolling, the following is 20 serial numbers I bought out of batch 2 that Im unhappy with $40k USD worth.. thats no chump change

BA02A8427B03**
BA02A8426C08**
BA02A8426C09**
BA02A8421B07**
BA02A8427B03**
BA02A8426C10**
BA02A8426C13**
BA02A8426A08**
BA02A8427B01**
BA02A8426C10**
BA02A8427B01**
BA02A8426C13**
BA02A8417C07**
BA02A8426C12**
BA02A8426C10**
BA02A8427B03**
BA02A8427B01**
BA02A8426C13**
BA02A8421B02**
BA02A8426A08**

as for the 20x bitmain S9 I bough the week earlier I got them ahead of schedule, I got a credit for the price adjustment, and they perform as specified

I will voice this over and over again until I feel halong make this right, and will continue to encourage others to do the same

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 01:56:14 PM

from a legal aspect there was claims made by halongmining

Again. If you really believe that why on earth would you not take legal advice rather than posting about it. If you were in possession of credible legal advice saying that you a) had a case and b) that case was likely to succeed, then you'd be in a position to get people interested in a class action lawsuit.

Doing it this way you look like just another Bitmain shill.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
slemme6949

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:03:56 PM

because not only do i feel ripped off, Ive read and see others feel ripped off

and Ive been asking if others have been considering legal action to either join, or start as a class action, to build a stronger case by sharing our evidence

you have felt the need to troll over the last few hours before 2/3 of the world has even had a chance to catch up on the thread
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 02:08:15 PM

and Ive been asking if others have been considering legal action to either join, or start as a class action, to build a stronger case by sharing our evidence

you have felt the need to troll over the last few hours before 2/3 of the world has even had a chance to catch up on the thread

No. You refuse to answer why you are doing it back to front and not getting legal advice as to whether you have a claim or not first. You just ignore that and repeat your grievances.
My feeling is that you grossly exaggerate the legal position and that any professional advice would be to forget about it. I'm as entitled to point that out as you are to complain.

slemme6949

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:19:00 PM

Well my legal degrees in commercial law and international law trumps your opinion.

Since my first post I stated my concerns, my investment, and how I felt misslead
and I asked if others left the same, and if anyone was considering legal action

every subsequent post to you has been explaining my position, you seem to be the one flipping all over the place here

the only thing I didn't disclose is my name, my education, everything which laws, my investment and my concerns where documented post 1 and 2
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 02:27:05 PM

Well my legal degrees in commercial law and international law trumps your opinion.

ROFL

every subsequent post to you has been explaining my position, you seem to be the one flipping all over the place here

No again. I've been asking one very specific question that you don't answer.

You refuse to answer why you are doing it back to front and not getting legal advice as to whether you have a claim or not first.

If you really had the intention of making a legal claim you start the process before getting more people involved to make it into a class action. If you wanted to be taken seriously you would have the beginnings of an action to present.

Since my first post I stated my concerns, my investment, and how I felt misslead

That's the only reason you are here, to make some noise.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2524

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:32:10 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2018, 02:49:57 PM by NotFuzzyWarm
Merited by frodocooper (3)

<snip>
And if you had perchance read even the first few pages of this thread you would see many many folks including me giving warnings about Halong and their - warped and arrogant- idea of how a business should operate and yet you still bought miners from them? The false advertising by omission (AB required) is totally on-par with how Halong is running things -- and is just another reason why I would never ever buy from them.

No real contact information regarding who runs the biz or where they are located - have fun tracking them down. You do realize that the only people to make money from a class action is the lawyers right? *IF* you win, sure the award will be split among those who were part of the class action - after the legal fees are paid. Speaking of which it looks like the same law firm in Chicago that handles Little Dragon LLC's asicboost patent are the same folks representing Halong Mining and are the only contact info to be found.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
slemme6949

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:38:51 PM

you no nothing about how things proceed

When you file as plaintiff and list a defendant, you can not then just go and add plaintiffs anyway your now clearly just trolling and a bore
go read a few notes on the difference between a class action / jointing proceeding vs traditional proceedings

the actions proceed in different courts due to the increase dollar value, the evidence is pooled to name a few, and class actions are able to recover a larger pool of money that you could as an individual. they also protect the plaintiffs (as the funds are divided)

Ive got better things to do than sit on my phone arguing with you,

as for you asking any questions, you never once asked why I would consider legal actions or my motivations until your last post (go back and read for yourself)
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 02:43:11 PM

Ive got better things to do than sit on my phone arguing with you,

You give a very good impersonation of the opposite.

When you file as plaintiff and list a defendant, you can not then just go and add plaintiffs

That wasn't what I was saying. I said you would have least consulted a lawyer and have something credible to show that you had a case getting started with a chance of success.

slemme6949

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:58:23 PM

yeah yeah good for you. you trolled halongmining in the early days speculating the risks and now your sitting high and mighty saying well you all have buys remorse

however from a commercial perspective some of us entered entered into a contract with halongmining based on the representations they made. that includes representations around performance, capabilities, power consumption, shipping dates and indirectly statements that its competition to bitmain (bitmain can mine any sha256d coin),

halong shipping units for review to the specifications advertised
halong had conversations with myself and no doubt others about the capabilities that the units shipped do not meet
halong on their own website has since changed the product specs to include the performance is only achievable with asicboost (no doubt through advise that they would be making misrepresentations if they didnt disclose) .. btw could only be made available under discover that a class or joint action lawsuit would have the funds to take on

from those perspectives there are avenues for compensation or for the supplier to rectify the issues

you can sit there trolling us all as much as you wont I dont see how that is anyway productive saying 'I told you so', because if we listened to the 'I told you so's' no one would buy anything

did we take a calculated risk in a doggy company .. NO (to clarify that, Im saying Halong is a good company, otherwise we wouldn't have taken the risk)
did halongmining intentionally mislead us .. NO im sure they faced many engineering challenges that fort to overcome to provide us with a product
do I think halong are passionate about there product .. YES

however that does not change the fact the terms of sale, lets call that the sales contract was based on the supplier and exchange of information about set goods
representations direct or indirect where made about those goods

Do though goods meet the specifications published. No they only meet those with caveats that halong announced in the weeks leading up to the first shipments
would that have been important information that buys would have evaluated prior to purchasing the products and evaluating the price of the productions YES
would that have influenced our buying decisions . I can say for me YES that would have, I would have waited 2-3 weeks more and bought 2-3x the amount of S9 for bitmain for the same price

no if you dont understand any of that, well ive got better things to do with my time than explain it to you.

however for those that do, a class/joint action option is a power and cost affective way for us to consider compensation since Halong is making no efforts to resolve the issues

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 03:18:53 PM

no if you dont understand any of that,

I wasn't arguing any of that.

however for those that do, a class/joint action option is a power and cost affective way for us to consider compensation since Halong is making no efforts to resolve the issues

I was pointing out that if you want to be taken seriously about this you would get the obvious first stage done by at least consulting a professional lawyer and getting in writing that they think you have a case with a chance of succeeding. 

well ive got better things to do with my time than explain it to you.

So you keep saying but your actions tell another story. It looks very much like explaining as many times as you can it is your only objective.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:24:01 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2018, 07:18:01 PM by NotFuzzyWarm
Merited by frodocooper (3)

did we take a calculated risk in a doggy company .. NO (to clarify that, Im saying Halong is a good company, otherwise we wouldn't have taken the risk)
did halongmining intentionally mislead us .. NO im sure they faced many engineering challenges that fort to overcome to provide us with a product
do I think halong are passionate about there product .. YES
Just keep drinking that Kool-aid then... Just how/in what way is Halong a 'good company'?
Frankly from day-1 Halong struck me to be far worse than BFL/AMT/Bitmine.ch/BlackArrow/etc ever were.

As for being 'passionate about their product' - then how about them offering help to pool ops who are interested in letting the T1 join their party, say remote access to a miner for them to test their pool changes with. Hell, even an official thread from them vs this one that began as speculation and then devolved into this would show some pride in their company.

A prime example of how a miner manufacture should run is Canaan with their Avalon miners. Hell, even Bitmain has more transparency and yes, even honesty, than Halong has shown us.

Back to class actions: Look up how the ones against AMT and Bitmine.ch went in 2014. Despite both of the companies horrid actions  - failing to deliver product at all and failing to refund their pre-order sales investomers - not pretty results.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
pavesi

Activity: 83
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:30:31 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2018, 01:05:39 AM by frodocooper

yeah yeah good for you. you trolled halongmining in the early days speculating the risks and now your sitting high and mighty saying well you all have buys remorse

[...]

Now this is just getting stupid.. And yes, I did buy T1's..  IF you want to mine altcoins, tell the pool operators to update their stratum to support AB.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 03:58:14 PM

@NotFuzzyWarm

Myrig provided sample DragonMint miners to CKPOOL and KANO.IS (Shipping to Kano was delayed from mishapp at the warehouse) and a few other pool operators. if there are any pool operator who needs remote access, Myrig will provide it for them.  If need a physical device delivery, a loaner can be provided.  (some could be with or without deposit)

Some of the larger pools out there have patches that can be adopted already, but each respective pool operator has to make the decision to implement or not as pool operation to those larger pool is a business enterprise.  I'm sure when they are ready or when things reach their need to activate AsicBoost support, it will be implemented but again, lets respect each pool operator's decision if they chose to implement or not.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:22:00 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2018, 07:20:58 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

@MyRig
Kudos for your supporting the community by doing that!
However, it still raises the question of why you - a 3rd party - is doing that instead of Halong providing the support. Same with MyRig funding -ck to get the T1 driver working decently. Now perhaps you have an agreement with Halong to handle that end of things (do you?) but driver development and supplying miner access when needed is normally the manufacturers bailiwick. Publicly Halong has done zilch to build support for their own product.

andytranter

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Am i a millionaire yet?

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:37:47 AM

I spent $40K on miners with them, and Im p*ssed off they are not hitting the numbers advertise
add in the fact I cant mine other pools I prefer, and I cant mine other altcoins with sha256d that I had asked about prior to the sale

You knew it was a gamble, and were prepared to spend $40k on an unknown company, so don't start bitching when it doesn't quite work out!

Made you look!
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 09:25:58 PM

@NotFuzzyWarm

Yes, I know your point.  May be some explanations to come later but not at this moment.

We can only do our best to help out miners who got us to where we are today... 

and....  Myrig is not an anonymous entity as some forum member insist stating.

If you have MYRIG PSU or DragonMint T1 purchased from Myrig (meaning paid to Myrig) please send support request directly to support@myrig.com to expedite the warranty or repair process.  There is no need to seek authorization from halong as we have to process those under our sales contract to you as customers of Myrig.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
User name used

Activity: 102
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:32:17 PM

New here. Lot of bitching and complaining it seems. For the record I am happy w my T1s.
What is the max ambient temperature I can run T1s under? I currently cap the number of miners running when ambient room temp hits 85° F.  Any thoughts this is to high or if I could take it up a little higher. (Presently I need to limit # of miners I run) I would prefer comment from those doing the homegrown setup more than the right way via AC comp room. But all input appreciated.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:40:14 PM

New here. Lot of bitching and complaining it seems. For the record I am happy w my T1s.
What is the max ambient temperature I can run T1s under? I currently cap the number of miners running when ambient room temp hits 85° F.  Any thoughts this is to high or if I could take it up a little higher. (Presently I need to limit # of miners I run) I would prefer comment from those doing the homegrown setup more than the right way via AC comp room. But all input appreciated.

The cooling answers are the same for a small home user and a large farm. AC is never the answer.

The answer is to feed the miners room temperature air and to properly exhaust the heated miner exhaust air from the room. The best way to do this is have a separation of the two so that the hot air cannot come back in and mix with the fresh air intake. Some home users like to duct the hot air out but that just creates more issues with the miners due to static pressure and flow restrictions.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:41:56 PM
Merited by frodocooper (1)

and....  Myrig is not an anonymous entity as some forum member insist stating.

Can you supply the information that this forum member requested as proof?

I can say that I have a pet pig with wings that can fly here on the forum but that does not mean its true if I cant provide proof to back it up.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: