Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:32:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827257 times)
purelithium

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:25:28 PM

I haven't had time to sit down and figure out the issues, but I was thinking about a feature or features I'd like to see.

I've said this before, I love your software, and especially the MobileMinerApp functionality.

As we all know, bitcoiners are an advanced bunch, and as such love to configure things. I think some of the issues I'm seeing with my setup would be fixed if you had an option in the settings for us to configure the exact flags that you are using to run bfgminer. There is already setting to set the flags for the respective algorithms, but it would be nice to be able to set the overall flags. To maintain the main functionality of the app(switching pools according to coin profitability) you could just add on the appropriate pool flags to the set of flags we assigned.

An example on how to implement in the GUI: In the settings dialog, you could have an advanced settings dialog with a warning about changing the settings. Then have a text box to input our flags. These flags would override all others input anywhere else, including any devices "auto detected"

This would allow me to pass on a usable configuration to bfgminer regardless of any issues relating to the gui. A config I know would work for my miners would be "bfgminer.exe -S all -G" and if your software just added on the appropriate pool flags for the most profitable coin, I could absolutely use it.

I would even be willing to put 0.50 BTC funding towards implementing it (I would put more down, but that's all I have readily available at this moment)

Just some thoughts while on a mini vacation. I'll still try and help debug the initial issues I was having though.

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 04:01:59 PM

I think some of the issues I'm seeing with my setup would be fixed if you had an option in the settings for us to configure the exact flags that you are using to run bfgminer. There is already setting to set the flags for the respective algorithms, but it would be nice to be able to set the overall flags. To maintain the main functionality of the app(switching pools according to coin profitability) you could just add on the appropriate pool flags to the set of flags we assigned.

An example on how to implement in the GUI: In the settings dialog, you could have an advanced settings dialog with a warning about changing the settings. Then have a text box to input our flags. These flags would override all others input anywhere else, including any devices "auto detected"

This would allow me to pass on a usable configuration to bfgminer regardless of any issues relating to the gui. A config I know would work for my miners would be "bfgminer.exe -S all -G" and if your software just added on the appropriate pool flags for the most profitable coin, I could absolutely use it.

I would even be willing to put 0.50 BTC funding towards implementing it (I would put more down, but that's all I have readily available at this moment)

I would absolutely implement this for you, no funding needed. My only problem is this:

The app already uses "bfgminer.exe -S all", as seen by showing the Process Log. In the Settings dialog you can click Disable GPU mining. This will pass in the -G. So MultiMiner already passes those two flags. So it seems the only real issue with your setup is the -d parameters I am passing in. I hate to be stubborn but I am hesitant to add a new, advanced setup dialog, code which goes into a few different DLLs, etc. rather than identifying the actual issue and fixing that.

I really do appreciate the feedback and would love to get things working optimally for you. If you can look at the Process Log and see the executable path and arguments that MultiMiner is using, then compare to those that work for you that would be super. Even copying & pasting the executable and arguments that MultiMiner is using here may help me identify the issue. I would also absolutely be willing to do remote support (e.g. TeamViewer) if you are comfortable with that, or anything that helps us work together to identify and fix the issue.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
purelithium

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:42:53 PM

I would absolutely implement this for you, no funding needed. My only problem is this:

The app already uses "bfgminer.exe -S all", as seen by showing the Process Log. In the Settings dialog you can click Disable GPU mining. This will pass in the -G. So MultiMiner already passes those two flags. So it seems the only real issue with your setup is the -d parameters I am passing in. I hate to be stubborn but I am hesitant to add a new, advanced setup dialog, code which goes into a few different DLLs, etc. rather than identifying the actual issue and fixing that.

The thing is that I have GPU's mining scrypt in one instance of bfgminer and the ASIC and FGPA devices mining SHA-256 in another instance. I would like to keep these in separate instances on the same machine. I think you would need to do that anyway. So to use the GPUs in MM, i would have to have MM to NOT use -S all, because I want those reserved for the other instance.

I really do appreciate the feedback and would love to get things working optimally for you. If you can look at the Process Log and see the executable path and arguments that MultiMiner is using, then compare to those that work for you that would be super. Even copying & pasting the executable and arguments that MultiMiner is using here may help me identify the issue. I would also absolutely be willing to do remote support (e.g. TeamViewer) if you are comfortable with that, or anything that helps us work together to identify and fix the issue.

I could definitely try that, I would just have to look into the security first. Having an internet stranger poke around in a computer is kinda scary.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 10:43:37 PM

The thing is that I have GPU's mining scrypt in one instance of bfgminer and the ASIC and FGPA devices mining SHA-256 in another instance. I would like to keep these in separate instances on the same machine. I think you would need to do that anyway. So to use the GPUs in MM, i would have to have MM to NOT use -S all, because I want those reserved for the other instance.

This is exactly how MultiMiner works, and has worked since the beginning. My primary rig has 4 GPUs and 2 ASICs. You can see that in the screenshots for MultiMiner. I am able to use MultiMiner on there just fine mining both SHA-256 coins and Scrypt coins. MultiMiner will only use SHA-256 coins for ASICs automatically. That is what it was designed to do. MultiMiner is not going to spin up an instance that tries to use all your devices. It uses the -d parameter to have each instance of bfgminer use the correct devices.

Here's an example of that rig using cgminer:

Code:
 -I 20 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 22400 --failover-only -T -o stratum+tcp://stratum.khore.org:3334 -u user -p password -o http://pool-nvc-2.khore.org:8080 -u user -p password -d 0 -d 1 -d 2 -d 3 --scrypt --api-listen --api-port 4028 --api-allow W:127.0.0.1
-I 9 --failover-only -T -o stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u user -p password -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u user -p password -d 4 --api-listen --api-port 4029 --api-allow W:127.0.0.1

And with bfgminer:

Code:
 -I 20 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 22400 --failover-only -T --scan-serial all -o stratum+tcp://stratum.khore.org:3334 -u user -p password -o http://pool-nvc-2.khore.org:8080 -u user -p password -d 0 -d 1 -d 2 -d 3 --scrypt --api-listen --api-port 4028 --api-allow W:127.0.0.1
-I 9 --failover-only -T --scan-serial all -o stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u user -p password -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u user -p password -d 4 --api-listen --api-port 4029 --api-allow W:127.0.0.1

As you can see MultiMiner automatically uses the -d parameters to direct cgminer or bfgminer to use the proper devices with the proper coins, supplying -S all to bfgminer (--scan-serial all) in order to detect USB devices.

If you could copy & paste the arguments you are seeing from MultiMiner like I did above that would help me.

I could definitely try that, I would just have to look into the security first. Having an internet stranger poke around in a computer is kinda scary.

Totally understandable and optional. TeamViewer does allow you to see what I'm doing and to take control back over etc. Also note that, while I am an Internet stranger, I do have a very accessible and verifiable identity as a professional software developer and consultant. If you click the website link on the left by my forum info it will take you to my website where there's links to other social networks, resumes, etc. No scamming here! But again totally understandable and smart to be cautious.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:10:12 AM

Can i use this to remotely control my dedicated miner? so i install this on any PC and communicate with my miners through API?

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 01:20:53 AM

Can i use this to remotely control my dedicated miner? so i install this on any PC and communicate with my miners through API?

No not exactly, though that is a requested feature for MultiMiner that I may add in the future.

MultiMiner is a UI for cgminer or bfgminer. You run MultiMiner directly on your dedicated ming rig instead of cgminer or bfgminer. MultiMiner will keep the miners running, restart if needed, and optionally mine the most profitable coin.

MobileMiner is (currently) a smart-phone app. Right now there is an iOS app available with Android soon to follow. An HTML5 and Windows Phone app will come later. With MobileMiner, you can monitor and control the mining happening on many remote machines and devices from your smart-phone, as long as you are using a compatible miner. Right now MultiMiner supports MobileMiner, and the API is a very simple, open REST API that is documented here. Asteroid for Mac is in beta and also contains support for MobileMiner.

I hope that clears things up. Let me know if you have any other questions.

bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:37:03 PM

Euhm first of all on the site you have posted download windows version from above link but there is no link where a precompiled version can be downloaded

Second  i won from windows 8 at last with bfgminer and it is now working with both types of usb miners.
The solution had todo with the installed usb drivers,  that if you ever had installed zadig you need to delete all drivers which point to winusb
To do this without getting problems you need to remove all usb devices if possible
Internal devices such as hubs will reinstall themselfs
Now on itself it sounds simple but it can be a pain to get them out if you need usb for keyboard/mouse Cheesy
I also found out that windows simply reinstalls them if you did not disconnect the devices from the usb ports, or that if reconnected it finds the old installed drivers which causes this issue in the first place.

So after i checked with USBDeview and saw not one of them had the zadig drivers anymore
I took the next step and installed the silicon labs CP21x drivers again.

Then started multiminer and choose bfgminer
On the options commands inserted the new bfgminer command -S erupter:all and turned off gpu mining
Then i choose safe and start
And poof it is working

This does not mean there are no issues with running cgminer and bfgminer under windows 8.

I am missing an option to choose between the following options with multiple pools
For instance which pool to mine at.
And maybe a choice to either choose balanced, failover-only and so on, ofcourse if this gets implemented you need to add some way to select which pools it has to use. I see people mining at over 5 pools at once.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 04:02:15 PM

Euhm first of all on the site you have posted download windows version from above link but there is no link where a precompiled version can be downloaded

The link goes to the GitHub releases page here (https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/releases) which has binary downloads for Windows including an installer, a zip file, and a debug zip file. Or are you referring to a different link? Please let me know where the broken link is.

Then started multiminer and choose bfgminer
On the options commands inserted the new bfgminer command -S erupter:all and turned off gpu mining
Then i choose safe and start
And poof it is working

Glad to hear you got it working!  Grin

I am missing an option to choose between the following options with multiple pools
For instance which pool to mine at.
And maybe a choice to either choose balanced, failover-only and so on, ofcourse if this gets implemented you need to add some way to select which pools it has to use. I see people mining at over 5 pools at once.

For each different coin you can add one-or-more pools. Click the Coins button to configure the coins and pools. MultiMiner uses the default multipool strategy that cgminer and bfgminer use. If you check the documentation here and search for "multipool" you should get to the documentation. If you'd like to use a different strategy, such as "failover only", add the corresponding argument in the Settings dialog of MultiMiner, e.g. --failover-only. You can see an example of that here:

bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 07:59:38 PM

hehe i did not look into the releases on github i stay away from git hub as far as possible Wink

did you see the command change for bfgminer or was my little hint not visible [ -S erupter:all ] seems the be the new improved command for usb gear Cheesy

for reference look the bfgminer 3.1.4 thread
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 03:52:27 AM

did you see the command change for bfgminer or was my little hint not visible [ -S erupter:all ] seems the be the new improved command for usb gear Cheesy

for reference look the bfgminer 3.1.4 thread

I've seen it but right now I have code that is compatible between both cgminer and bfgminer. I'll make changes as soon as I have to. I'd rather not add more code when it isn't necessary. I'm on the dev mailing list for bfgminer and I talk to Luke off and on so I am testing these things before they are released and break anything. He had me test the Unicode changes in 3.1.4 on OS X before releasing it. I do appreciate the heads up though.

Happy mining!  Cheesy

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 04:06:27 AM

MultiMiner version 1.0.13 is now available for download from the GitHub releases page. Changes include:

• Improved support for detecting multi-core FPGA devices
  • Fixed support for detecting more than ten devices
  • Handle duplicate keys for device information coming back from bfgminer RPC API
  • Support launching miners without specifying a password for the pool

A very big thank you to purelithium for taking the time to help me track down these issues!  Grin

purelithium

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:55:51 AM

Hey, so this build has been working amazing since last night. All devices happily mining.

An interface tweak that I'd like to see would be the ability to move pools up and down in the list in the Configure Coins dialog box. As in quickly prioritize pools without having to lose the configuration by removing the pools and then re adding them in the desired order.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 01:03:00 AM

An interface tweak that I'd like to see would be the ability to move pools up and down in the list in the Configure Coins dialog box. As in quickly prioritize pools without having to lose the configuration by removing the pools and then re adding them in the desired order.

Totally agree. It's something I want too and is already on my list, but I bump up priorities when other people request it too. Expect it in the next build or two. Thanks!

prometheuss

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:52:29 AM

wanted to try out your mobileminer but all i get on my iphone 4s is a blank page anything i need to add anywhere besides my email and api code?
Would love to see a log option in PR7.
Something simple like:
from 7:33 till 9:56 mined X coin.
from 9:56 till 14:56 mined Y coin.

Makes it easier to track what happened if you can't watch your rigs 24/7.
I've logged your request and will add it.
also was this ever added couldnt find it if it  was ?
and if i may suggest adding the price nothing worse then mining it at 150 ish over btc and converting it at under 100

Something simple like:
from 7:33 till 9:56 mined X coin @ (price)
sorry for all the questions couldnt find a readme  Grin
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 02:31:50 AM

also was this ever added couldnt find it if it  was ?
and if i may suggest adding the price nothing worse then mining it at 150 ish over btc and converting it at under 100

Something simple like:
from 7:33 till 9:56 mined X coin @ (price)
sorry for all the questions couldnt find a readme  Grin

It's not in there yet. I want to add it but that's the sort of feature where, once I start to think about it, I start to think about all the crazy directions I could go with tracking the history etc., get overwhelmed, and move onto something else  Cheesy

For now I'll at least get a simple log in there like you are requesting. I've bumped up the request and will try to get that into the next version.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 02:34:13 AM

MobileMiner for iOS version 1.1 is now available on the App Store, including the following changes:

• Delete machines by swiping (they will reappear if they submit data)
• Show the date data was fetched on main screen
• Refresh data older than 15 minutes when navigating
• Hide blank hashrates on the main screen
• Show the network activity indicator when fetching or updating data

dethdeks

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:17:28 AM

not sure whats going on but for some reason multiminer wont see my usb block eruptor. it see's my gpu but not my asics. anyone can tell me how to get it to see my asic's

also i have version 1.0.13 i also had same issue on 1.0.11

Donations Accepted
LTC: Lcv7XmxnHJ7BhRjXjzCUBJ4Cfrq43SA5qc
BTC: 16mHGGVgntqtTmrddud8BFgN3XAsBobvVe
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 01:32:01 AM

not sure whats going on but for some reason multiminer wont see my usb block eruptor. it see's my gpu but not my asics. anyone can tell me how to get it to see my asic's

The steps you must take depend on whether you are using bfgminer or cgminer. If you are using bfgminer you must install these drivers and reboot. If you are using cgminer you must use this utility to setup your Erupter.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 01:32:45 AM

wanted to try out your mobileminer but all i get on my iphone 4s is a blank page anything i need to add anywhere besides my email and api code?

My bad I missed this part before. When you register MobileMiner you are sent an Application Key via email. You then need to enter that email address and Application Key into MultiMiner in the Settings dialog.

If that is not working can you tell me a little more? What do you mean by a blank page? I just tested this on an iPhone 4S and everything worked as expected.

dethdeks

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:39:49 AM

The steps you must take depend on whether you are using bfgminer or cgminer. If you are using bfgminer you must install these drivers and reboot. If you are using cgminer you must use this utility to setup your Erupter.

i unno why but if i use just bfgminer or cgminer they see my block erupter but if i use multi miner it wont see it. i currently have both of them drivers installed as well. and my block erupter is seen as usb to uart bridge in my device manager as well as my saftely remove your device menu. also i should say im using windows 7 ultimate x64.

Donations Accepted
LTC: Lcv7XmxnHJ7BhRjXjzCUBJ4Cfrq43SA5qc
BTC: 16mHGGVgntqtTmrddud8BFgN3XAsBobvVe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: