Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:15:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
busoni

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Owner of Poloniex

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:20:00 PM

Everything was working fine and suddenly it crashed, now whenever I load the software I get this error :

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Version string portion was too short or too long.
   at System.Version..ctor(String version)
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.ThisVersionGreater(String thisVersion, String thatVersion)
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.CheckForMinerUpdates(MinerBackend minerBackend)

Is this still happening for you? This looks to me like someone posted an update with a poorly defined version number. I do notice that cgminer 3.4.3 is available today, so I'm wondering if that wasn't posted for a short time with a bad filename / version.

Let me know if you are still having this issue. If so please download the Debug build from the releases page and then re-paste the error message you are receiving.

This just happened to me today, too. Unfortunately I closed the window before I copied the output....

MobileMiner keeps on mining, fortunately, but it ceases to do the profitability check, and will just go on mining the same coin.

Poloniex.com - Fast crypto exchange with margin trading, advanced charts, and stop-limit orders

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
busoni

Activity: 364

Owner of Poloniex

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:23:43 PM

Actually, that remark about the profitability check ceasing may be inaccurate. I restarted MobileMiner, and it still isn't getting anything from the check. Under notifications, the "Error parsing the CoinChoose.com JSON API" message is there. So that's probably the cause.

Poloniex.com - Fast crypto exchange with margin trading, advanced charts, and stop-limit orders
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 05:32:36 PM

Actually, that remark about the profitability check ceasing may be inaccurate. I restarted MobileMiner, and it still isn't getting anything from the check. Under notifications, the "Error parsing the CoinChoose.com JSON API" message is there. So that's probably the cause.

This is unfortunately the same issue as before. The LTC API from CoinChoose.com is currently returning a NULL difficulty for Terracoin. I've pinged sal002 about it.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
soulmann

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:39:51 PM

Hi

Everything is fine, but I have got an error when change base coin to Litecoin in Configure Strategy.
MasterX

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 07:51:41 PM

However, not really help full on a slow machine like an old thin client witch i use for mining with my asics.

An HP t5540 thin client like here http://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/hp/t5540/index.shtml or here http://neowongch.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/add-3-5-sata-hard-drive-to-hp-thin-client-t5540/

On Windows i have seen no real issues so far, except that you can not hot add/swap devices, however i do find that the devices get recognized more smootly while cgminer is not active.

Has anyone tested this on something like a raspberry pi?

The thin client i use has 2gb ram (i took some more from a broken laptop, original it had a 512Mb ram module.) and uses a 4gb usb stick as hard disk, did not yet try this on the sata port, but i wont think that will change anything as its the cpu (or coding) that seems the bottleneck.

This is pretty much to be expected to be honest. At some point I may look at writing native UIs for MultiMiner.Engine.dll, but for now that's a .NET WinForms app running under Mono which works but just isn't a great experience on older, slower hardware. MultiMiner is primary written to run on Windows.

If you are interested in using MobileMiner to monitor mining on slower hardware or low power devices like Raspberry Pi, there's a Python scrypt here you can use that works with either bfgminer or cgminer and the MinePeon project for Raspberry Pi either does have or will have support for MobileMiner (mine arrives today so I can test).
Dot net indeed is not exactly a cross platform framework.

If thats expected, i guess porting it to a more lightweight framework or language would be more interesting to most miners as more and more miners will be using low powered devices to mine there asics on.

Combined with this;
also, i have found that it is impossible to run this true tightvnc (something to to with DISPLAY:0 being not accessible, witch is obvious as i was using DISPLAY:1)
Witch i guess is also a mono related problem, makes this application right about useless to me and i guess many more linux users.

The monitor function is about the only part i was not interested in as i already use a email enabled web-front end for that witch is also available on my mobile phone and is compatible with about any cgminer/bfgminer based mining application so i dont see any advantage of using MobileMiner (yet) instead of my current setup.  I must admit, the mobile miner looks nice, but as it uses another 3th party api, i think this is just another spf (single point of failure), my monitor app is hosted on a web server witch is monitored by another monitor server witch monitors all my other servers on site.

Maybe this application is more pointed towards the beginning miner?

| Donations: 1MegaXG1bd6mTEQCdAMjVzGexcYrF5LJKv |
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 08:31:23 PM

Everything is fine, but I have got an error when change base coin to Litecoin in Configure Strategy.

This is due to Terracoin currently returning NULL for the Difficulty in the CoinChoose.com API. I've contacted sal002 and hopefully it will be fixed server-side soon.

This is handled for the next update. If you want a fix for it in the meantime you can grab this unofficial update.

You will now see this when there is an error parsing the CoinChoose JSON API:

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 08:36:58 PM

Combined with this;
also, i have found that it is impossible to run this true tightvnc (something to to with DISPLAY:0 being not accessible, witch is obvious as i was using DISPLAY:1)
Witch i guess is also a mono related problem, makes this application right about useless to me and i guess many more linux users.

I use MultiMiner along with TightVNC, but that's on Windows not Linux. Maybe if you post a screenshot of the exact error I or someone else can help.

The monitor function is about the only part i was not interested in as i already use a email enabled web-front end for that witch is also available on my mobile phone and is compatible with about any cgminer/bfgminer based mining application so i dont see any advantage of using MobileMiner (yet) instead of my current setup.  I must admit, the mobile miner looks nice, but as it uses another 3th party api, i think this is just another spf (single point of failure), my monitor app is hosted on a web server witch is monitored by another monitor server witch monitors all my other servers on site.

Maybe this application is more pointed towards the beginning miner?

Correct, MobileMiner is not aimed at folks who already setup their own web servers, open up their firewalls, forward their routers, etc. etc. It's made to allow people to quickly and easily get remote monitoring and control of their mining with virtually no setup. That's a far cry from what you are describing, and from what is available with self-hosted websites. There's no PHP to install, etc.

Additionally, the Python script I linked works with cgminer and bfgminer. You are right about a single point-of-failure to a degree, and if you trust your setup more than the setup I have that's totally understandable. This thing is hosted with multiple redundant systems in place in Windows Azure with 99.9% uptime. I also have monitors in place that tell me when the API is down.

It's totally your call though and - again - it wasn't targeted at power users who can already setup their own web servers and whatnot.

TheFuneral

Activity: 356

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:46:03 PM

is there anyway we can have it keep mining when a pool fails to login. I hate having to watch and make sure on a coin change that it logins in correctly. I'd rather just have the failed login noted and the miner continues on the next most profitable coin.

Thanks
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 09:01:27 PM

is there anyway we can have it keep mining when a pool fails to login. I hate having to watch and make sure on a coin change that it logins in correctly. I'd rather just have the failed login noted and the miner continues on the next most profitable coin.

You can setup multiple pools for your coin. This is only an issue if all of the pools for a given coin are down.

I will add some logic to a future update to switch coins when all pools for a coin are down though.

Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 09:15:55 PM

Everything was working fine and suddenly it crashed, now whenever I load the software I get this error :

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Version string portion was too short or too long.
   at System.Version..ctor(String version)
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.ThisVersionGreater(String thisVersion, String thatVersion)
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.CheckForMinerUpdates(MinerBackend minerBackend)

Is this still happening for you? This looks to me like someone posted an update with a poorly defined version number. I do notice that cgminer 3.4.3 is available today, so I'm wondering if that wasn't posted for a short time with a bad filename / version.

Let me know if you are still having this issue. If so please download the Debug build from the releases page and then re-paste the error message you are receiving.

I have this issue as well, I was also wondering how are people setting up your iphone app for the rpi and minepeon??

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 09:22:30 PM

I have this issue as well, I was also wondering how are people setting up your iphone app for the rpi and minepeon??

If you are seeing this error, please download the Debug build from the releases page and then paste the error message you are receiving.

Regarding using MobileMiner with the Raspberry Pi, try contacting tk1337 to get an update on where that stands. There's some info on it here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137934.msg3105535#msg3105535

soulmann

Activity: 221

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:52:12 PM

This is due to Terracoin currently returning NULL for the Difficulty in the CoinChoose.com API. I've contacted sal002 and hopefully it will be fixed server-side soon.

This is handled for the next update. If you want a fix for it in the meantime you can grab this unofficial update.

You will now see this when there is an error parsing the CoinChoose JSON API:

Thanks

That worked fine.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 12:37:36 AM

A new public release of MultiMiner is available. This includes all of the changes in the last prerelease, plus a couple of small fixes / enhancements based on feedback.

• Remember the position of the application between launches
  • Display a notification when there is an error parsing the CoinChoose API
  • Improved support for inconsistent CoinChoose API results

TheFuneral

Activity: 356

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:38:59 AM

You can setup multiple pools for your coin. This is only an issue if all of the pools for a given coin are down.

I will add some logic to a future update to switch coins when all pools for a coin are down though.

Thanks mate I appreciate it!
Foss

Activity: 125

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 08:42:08 AM

A new public release of MultiMiner is available. This includes all of the changes in the last prerelease, plus a couple of small fixes / enhancements based on feedback.

• Remember the position of the application between launches
  • Display a notification when there is an error parsing the CoinChoose API
  • Improved support for inconsistent CoinChoose API results
Thank's!!! But some bugs are: before closing after

BTC: 147kwy3LndX6jkwGC3mU9j6rZMWU8g1Amd
DASH: XhR4V6ChnQp7LDWhpArwBMXARxU5LGiq8a
ETH: 0xe4b10dff72b58a363a3c8b70e21cfb236e2697c9
purelithium

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:10:34 PM

Is there a way to turn off coin suggestions? I have my 3 coins set up and don't really want suggestions. Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find this option (I'm sure I read that we could turn it off somehow)

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY
BigDaddyWooWoo

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:53:09 PM

Is there a way to turn off coin suggestions? I have my 3 coins set up and don't really want suggestions. Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find this option (I'm sure I read that we could turn it off somehow)

+1
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 04:37:45 PM

Thank's!!! But some bugs are: before closing after

Not so much a bug I'd say but I can have the program remember that as well. The latest changes are just to remember the position, not the active tab at the bottom. I'll add it to my to-do list as it should be minor.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 04:38:19 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2013, 05:26:39 PM by nwoolls

+1

This is another one on my to-do list that had low priority since no users had mentioned it. Now that you have I'll get a way to turn this off in the next update.

Edit: Just to clarify where the coin suggestions come from: These notifications represent the top 3 coins from the CoinChoose.com API feed based on your settings in the Strategies dialog. For instance, if you have auto-mining disabled under Strategies, you will see no coin suggestions. If you are configured to automatically mine the lowest difficulty coins, the notifications will show the three lowest difficulty coins on CoinChoose that you are not already configured to mine.

I'll still add an option but just wanted to clarify on this function / feature.

dyoungii

Activity: 147

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 08:46:28 PM

For some reason GPU 0 will not hash at its full potential when I have a monitor hooked to it is there a way to fix this?

It will start up at 740 kh/s and slowly go down. When I use cgminer only the GPU is fine.

███    TWITTER    FLUX   WHITEPAPER  ███
███    WEBSITE    GAMING ECOSYSTEM        MEDIUM      ███
███  TELEGRAM  VALVE  UBISOFT  ██████ Origin  GAMELOFT      FACEBOOK    ███
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: