Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:41:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827241 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 01:43:29 AM

Is anyone running MultiMiner on Windows 8.1 and having issues with the program slowing down regularly (mining unaffected)? I've had a few reports of this, but finally got around to installing 8.1 and have been unable to reproduce any issues thus far.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Metatron

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:47:15 PM

I'm having issues with latest update of cgminer 3.8.0 (which has been just updated)...

MM alerted me of the update, clicked on the link and it started to update.
Closed MM and reopened it and it still alerts me of the update, so downloaded it manually and pu it in correct folder of MM.
Opened cgminer standalone to make sure it is 3.8.0 (which is) and reopened MM.
Still reporting there is an update to 3.8.0 stating that 3.7.2 is installed!!
Start button is grayed out Sad

>>> If I've been of any help pls consider donating any cryptocurrency to my Cryptsy - [Trade Key: f400d7b9519d125b9908427c6ab1f28e918e3947] <<<
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 05:06:39 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2013, 05:36:57 PM by nwoolls

I'm having issues with latest update of cgminer 3.8.0 (which has been just updated)...

MM alerted me of the update, clicked on the link and it started to update.
Closed MM and reopened it and it still alerts me of the update, so downloaded it manually and pu it in correct folder of MM.
Opened cgminer standalone to make sure it is 3.8.0 (which is) and reopened MM.
Still reporting there is an update to 3.8.0 stating that 3.7.2 is installed!!
Start button is grayed out Sad

Thanks for the report. Please use 3.7.2 until I have a chance to look into it.

Edit: This is because they have fully dropped GPU support in cgminer 3.8.0 and there is no longer a cgminer-nogpu.exe, only a cgminer.exe.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 05:16:59 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2013, 06:22:02 PM by nwoolls

Do not upgrade to cgminer 3.8.0

The authors have removed all support for GPU mining and potentially broken other things in the process:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg3538534#msg3538534
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg3539535#msg3539535
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg3540629#msg3540629

I've finally bitten the bullet and killed off GPU mining from the code and it will not be in the release I'm about to post.

I need to take some time and think, but I am pretty certain I will be removing any official support for cgminer in MultiMiner. I also intend to stop updating the Homebrew scripts, formulas, and binaries as well. This is not the only reason, but rather the "straw that broken the camel's back". I do this as a hobby and, to be frank, I cannot keep up with how often the cgminer team releases new, mostly broken versions. To put it bluntly - Luke does not do this.

I will continue to work with and maintain support for the bfgminer project.

Edit: Because I'm OCD I'm going to fix MultiMiner to work with these breaking changes to cgminer. From there I will have to keep thinking about whether I want to maintain my cgminer-based projects. It really has become a time sink.

Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:13:39 PM

That's sad news, but thanks for sharing it with us. Very strange that the authors of CGminer decided that.. Please keep us updated on what you are going to do.

I have a question regarding your software app (for IOS). As I only have the free version now and doesn't have any credit on my "Apple store account"; is there also another way to become the paid app? I mean by paying for it otherwise. I really like to see the temperature of my GPU on my phone, and this is a paid service.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 06:21:20 PM

I have a question regarding your software app (for IOS). As I only have the free version now and doesn't have any credit on my "Apple store account"; is there also another way to become the paid app? I mean by paying for it otherwise. I really like to see the temperature of my GPU on my phone, and this is a paid service.

I'd be happy to work that out with you. I can switch things on server-side.

That said you should be able to see your temperatures without paying for the in-app purchase. The in-app purchase only enables email and push notifications. You get full remote monitoring and control for free.

Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:35:27 PM

Excuse me for my dump message. Allthough I used your app already many times, I only just (after your message) found out that I'm actually able to hit on the 'devices' button and see the temperature. I thought that was a paid service.

Sorry for my message, and thanks for your response! Please keep us updated on the CGminer problem.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 06:49:29 PM

Here is an unofficial release of MultiMiner which should fix the incompatibility with cgminer 3.8.0:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2dzali4wue4zp1/MultiMiner-1.3.47.zip

That being said, in my testing I found that cgminer 3.8.0 would not recognize my GPUs (obviously), Erupters, or Jalapeno, even with the WinUSB drivers installed on Windows 7 x64. If there's anyone who has cgminer 3.8.0 working with their devices and would like to test this build I would appreciate it.

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:51:15 PM

nwoolls any detials on getting to work and pick up the blue fury devices as I  sure would love to continue to use app sadly I can only seem to use as is using 2 instances of bfg miner and diff settings maybeif you added the above in to it and detects the blues then would be amazing Smiley

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 06:54:30 PM

nwoolls any detials on getting to work and pick up the blue fury devices as I  sure would love to continue to use app sadly I can only seem to use as is using 2 instances of bfg miner and diff settings maybeif you added the above in to it and detects the blues then would be amazing Smiley

I'll check in on the status of my Blue Fury stick tomorrow. I try not to bug the fellow as he was gracious enough to send me one for testing. I'm just waiting for him to fill his group buy orders first.

crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:01:55 PM

I'll check in on the status of my Blue Fury stick tomorrow. I try not to bug the fellow as he was gracious enough to send me one for testing. I'm just waiting for him to fill his group buy orders first.

Well maybe if wanted to I could later on give you access to my units and let you download stuff on to system or get linux running on vm or something for you to help out if you like?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 07:11:58 PM

Well maybe if wanted to I could later on give you access to my units and let you download stuff on to system or get linux running on vm or something for you to help out if you like?

It really depends on how much work is required. It may help to have remote access but I may ultimately need the hardware locally to properly debug.

If you wanted to setup remote access to a system I may be able to take a look later today.

crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:22:47 PM

It really depends on how much work is required. It may help to have remote access but I may ultimately need the hardware locally to properly debug.

If you wanted to setup remote access to a system I may be able to take a look later today.

Ill see what time I get in at as am out the door or about to head on out if I get chance later ill see what can get setup and see aobut givng access and hand to get them debuged etc Smiley

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:41:15 AM

Hoping that you don't discontinue support for CGminer, but just freeze the version that you support at 7.2.

GPU mining is still quite alive on the Scrypt side, and has a good solid year left at least.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 12:43:02 AM

Hoping that you don't discontinue support for CGminer, but just freeze the version that you support at 7.2.

GPU mining is still quite alive on the Scrypt side, and has a good solid year left at least.

I've talked with ck a bit today and I'll be continuing support for now. He's going to start pinging me before releases so I can kick the tires on Windows and OS X ahead of time and let him know if there are any issues. Hopefully this will help reduce the amount of time I spend supporting cgminer (in the long run).

thehulkk

Activity: 442
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:49:44 AM

Hello, I'm running Linux mint 15 xfce, and I followed all your steps to install MultiMiner, but I get stuck when when I tried to run mono MultiMiner.Win.exe , am I supposed to cd to the unzipped folder and then run the command? because I did but It said file doesn't exist or something like that.  I looked in the unzipped folder there is no multiminer.win.exe file.  Thanks in advance.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io [/b]║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 02:37:14 PM

Hello, I'm running Linux mint 15 xfce, and I followed all your steps to install MultiMiner, but I get stuck when when I tried to run mono MultiMiner.Win.exe , am I supposed to cd to the unzipped folder and then run the command? because I did but It said file doesn't exist or something like that.  I looked in the unzipped folder there is no multiminer.win.exe file.  Thanks in advance.

Make sure you are downloading the binaries from the releases page and not the source code from the source repo:

http://releases.multiminerapp.com

thehulkk

Activity: 442
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:05:29 PM

Make sure you are downloading the binaries from the releases page and not the source code from the source repo:

http://releases.multiminerapp.com

Thank you, I was following the installation instructions on the website.   It wasn't clear enough about making sure downloading the binaries.  I'm going to give it a try and report back.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io [/b]║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 10:51:41 PM

Thank you, I was following the installation instructions on the website.   It wasn't clear enough about making sure downloading the binaries.  I'm going to give it a try and report back.

I agree - the GitHub project page templates are all designed to stress the source file downloads and not the releases. Unfortunately all of the templates are like this.

gorgorom

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 02:00:49 PM

This is absolutely amazing!

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: