Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:13:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827257 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 08:25:03 PM

Tried to run this just with the flag -I 18

Crashes every time
If I run it with stock settings it defaults to intensity d

Any ideas?
Can you be specific about what is crashing here? Keep in mind that this app just passes these flags on to cgminer and bfgminer, so it shouldn't run any differently than running those with -I 18.

If you can give me some more details on the crash though I'd be happy to try to help address it. Is there an error dialog? A callstack? Anything in the Event Viewer in Windows? What coin are you trying to mine? Thanks in advance!

Also is there any way to set different intensitys for different cards?
Only if they are mining different algorithms. I can add it as a suggestion though.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 08:26:19 PM

Does anybody have this error?

System.Exception: Miner keeps exiting after launching - retried 5 times. Exit code 1.
   в MultiMiner.Xgminer.Miner.EnsureProcessStarts(Process process, ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   в MultiMiner.Xgminer.Miner.StartMinerProcess(String arguments, Boolean redirectOutput, Boolean ensureProcessStarts)
   в MultiMiner.Xgminer.Miner.Launch()
   в MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.StartMining()
Thanks - I'll add some additional logging to this that should sort out what is causing the problem. cgminer or bfgminer doesn't like the arguments being passed to it is my guess.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
skyhigh2004

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:47:28 PM

Crashes every time

Any ideas?

I have it set up to run different intensities for several cards in each of my mining rigs.  In the cgminer flags area where you put -I 18 instead put -I 18,19,19,18 for example if you are running four cards and wanted them to be 18,19,19,18 intensities respectively.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 08:53:00 PM

I have it set up to run different intensities for several cards in each of my mining rigs.  In the cgminer flags area where you put -I 18 instead put -I 18,19,19,18 for example if you are running four cards and wanted them to be 18,19,19,18 intensities respectively.
Thanks! Brain fart because I do this too!  Shocked

soulmann

Activity: 221

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:01:31 PM

System.Exception: Miner keeps exiting after launching - retried 5 times. Exit code 1.
   в MultiMiner.Xgminer.Miner.EnsureProcessStarts(Process process, ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   в MultiMiner.Xgminer.Miner.StartMinerProcess(String arguments, Boolean redirectOutput, Boolean ensureProcessStarts)
   в MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.StartMining()
Thanks - I'll add some additional logging to this that should sort out what is causing the problem. cgminer or bfgminer doesn't like the arguments being passed to it is my guess.

So is it multiMiner problem? Or something wrong with my system? I use windows 7 64.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 09:05:32 PM

So is it multiMiner problem? Or something wrong with my system? I use windows 7 64.
I'm sorry I cannot say at this point. I'm going to add some code that will log what MultiMiner is launching and with what arguments.

Basically, cgminer or bfgminer (whichever you are using) is launching and then closing a few seconds later for some reason. I usually see this when I stop & start cgminer when using a USB device and cgminer hasn't completely released the USB device. That's actually why that "retry" code was put in there specifically.

I'll try to get you something you can use soon that logs the processes and arguments that MultiMiner is using.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 01:07:49 AM

Hi there. Could you try this unofficial release? It should mean that this exception now includes the executable and arguments, e.g.

If you look at the error, you will see an Executable: line and an Arguments: line. Basically, if you run that executable with those arguments from a command prompt, you should see the issue that the miner is having. Please let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

pyra-proxy

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 01:19:53 AM

Do you have the mobile development skills to make a mobile app that can communicate with this app on the same subnet to get stats and perform basic management?

...would be epic :-)

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 01:21:33 AM

Do you have the mobile development skills to make a mobile app that can communicate with this app on the same subnet to get stats and perform basic management?

Shhh..but if you download the above unofficial release you'll see some stuff in the Settings that hints towards this. I won't say it's the exact same, but very similar. And hopefully more user-friendly than what you describe.  Wink

skyhigh2004

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:39:05 AM

Shhh..but if you download the above unofficial release you'll see some stuff in the Settings that hints towards this. I won't say it's the exact same, but very similar. And hopefully more user-friendly than what you describe.  Wink

I would just love the ability to monitor my rigs remotely some how.  Just basics like temps, accepted, rejected and what pool they are currently mining on I could care less if I have any remote control over my rigs.  Anything like that would be amazing.

EDIT:  I downloaded the unofficial version and checked out those eater eggs under settings.  I am very very excited to see where that's going.  If it is going in the direction I think it is it will be epic nwolls.  Thanks again for this amazing tool

albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1383

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 06:15:08 AM

Crashes every time

Any ideas?
Can you be specific about what is crashing here? Keep in mind that this app just passes these flags on to cgminer and bfgminer, so it shouldn't run any differently than running those with -I 18.

If you can give me some more details on the crash though I'd be happy to try to help address it. Is there an error dialog? A callstack? Anything in the Event Viewer in Windows? What coin are you trying to mine? Thanks in advance!

Only if they are mining different algorithms. I can add it as a suggestion though.

I have worked out what the problem was. I had put -I 16 in the script flags and -I 18 in the coin flags. this coursed the crash

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
soulmann

Activity: 221

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:47:30 AM

Hi there. Could you try this unofficial release? It should mean that this exception now includes the executable and arguments, e.g.

If you look at the error, you will see an Executable: line and an Arguments: line. Basically, if you run that executable with those arguments from a command prompt, you should see the issue that the miner is having. Please let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

Hi there,

Thank you for your work. I found the error. I had the second pool with zero arguments in name settings. Now it works.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 01:20:05 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2013, 01:38:00 PM by HellDiverUK

Is there a column to show which pool it's mining on at any given time, assuming you've set up failover?  Also, I don't see if I can set up failover/load balanced pool strategy?

Bug report: In SHA256 it's reporting mh/s instead of Mh/s - m=milli, M=mega.  There's a difference. Smiley
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 02:27:49 PM

I have worked out what the problem was. I had put -I 16 in the script flags and -I 18 in the coin flags. this coursed the crash
Nice - glad you got it sorted and thanks for leaving the solution here so others may find it. I've noted your issue and will see if it's something I can handle more gracefully in the future.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 02:32:53 PM

Is there a column to show which pool it's mining on at any given time, assuming you've set up failover?

Not currently but I'll look at adding it in the future. I'd like to get some concept of "details" for a device, but without making the main screen too messy.

Also, I don't see if I can set up failover/load balanced pool strategy?

You can setup the pools but not strategy within the UI. It's on my list but for now it's easy to just add the argument (such as --failover-only) to the Settings screen.

Bug report: In SHA256 it's reporting mh/s instead of Mh/s - m=milli, M=mega.  There's a difference. Smiley

Thanks, I'll update that for the next build. I appreciate the feedback!  Grin

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:43:32 PM

Is there a column to show which pool it's mining on at any given time, assuming you've set up failover?

Not currently but I'll look at adding it in the future. I'd like to get some concept of "details" for a device, but without making the main screen too messy.

I was thinking like different columns that can be selected.  For example, Icarus devices have no intensity, so being able to remove that column and use the screen estate for whatever pool you're using, etc.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 02:53:43 PM

I was thinking like different columns that can be selected.  For example, Icarus devices have no intensity, so being able to remove that column and use the screen estate for whatever pool you're using, etc.
Thanks - good idea and noted.

Currently the Name and Temp columns automatically fall off if they have no values to make more room (e.g. under OS X). I could do the same for Intensity as well.

skyhigh2004

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:23:02 PM

Hey nwolls a few issues for me here,

I have noticed that over the last week or so every few days a new error pops up and I lose all mining until you release a new version and after completely removing the old version and reinstalling the new I finally can get back to mining.

This is the newest error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Null object cannot be converted to a value type.
   at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Convert[T,U](T token)
   at MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api.CoinInformation.PopulateFromJson(JToken jToken) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api\CoinInformation.cs:line 42
   at MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api.ApiContext.GetCoinInformation(String userAgent) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api\ApiContext.cs:line 23
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.RefreshCoinStats() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\MainForm.cs:line 839
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\MainForm.cs:line 53
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I absolutely love the program but sadly it seems to be getting less and less stable as it progresses but it could also be due to where it gathers info from.  Any ideas on this new error I got?  Or is this one due to coinchoose and not with multiminer at all?  It wouldn't surprise me if these latest errors are due to it as the site has been dropping coins left and right over the last week.

marjamrob

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:25:39 PM

Works greta, and glad to finally have something for OSX.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 04:30:29 PM

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Null object cannot be converted to a value type.
   at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Convert[T,U](T token)
   at MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api.CoinInformation.PopulateFromJson(JToken jToken) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api\CoinInformation.cs:line 42

Thanks for the report. This one is fixed for the next drop which should be soon. This was due to Bytecoin coming over with a blank value for Minimum Block Time.

Also, if you are on that unofficial build up above it's definitely less stable. I should be releasing something soon with a nice round of fixes and improvements.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: