Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:25:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 03:14:55 AM

Mr teal,

Your convoluted question salad demonstrates exactly why HashFast cannot count MPP chickens before they hatch.

Thanks for helping me explain the many uncertainties precluding firm MPP commitments at this premature time.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:32:01 AM

Mr teal,

Your convoluted question salad demonstrates exactly why HashFast cannot count MPP chickens before they hatch.

Thanks for helping me explain the many uncertainties precluding firm MPP commitments at this premature time.
It's really not a convoluted question, or at least it doesn't have to be. A simple answer to "Will the Batch 1 BabyJet MPP modules go to the back of the full order queue when January 29th arrives, and if not when will the be shipped relative to the other batches in the order queue?" is all that's needed.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 03:47:39 AM

ok Mr teal, here's your "simple answer."

IT DEPENDS.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:06:47 AM

IT DEPENDS.

I wasn't asking you.
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:35:29 AM

I just want to say that every time I read this thread my faith in humanity is restored.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:42:05 AM

Providing MPP modules to Batch 1 customers at no additional cost and after the sale has been the best thing HF has done so far. I don't understand how you can criticize them about that, much less take them to court. You can pound your chest all you want but this is just not going to happen.

The thing I object to is that MPP was designed to protect against excessive difficulty increases. Not delays.

HF has done nothing to compensate against delays so it is the customers that will pay the price for HF failures.
correct. Also see [https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg3527186#msg3527186].

The MPP was born in an attempt to attract customers at a time the network difficulty grew dramatically. It is a value-added deal which makes this offer very attractive.

With the radio silence from Hashfast there is hardly any way to know what is really going on behind the curtain. All things are possible - from an honest attempt to fix engineering problems and avoiding PR interference to an attempted cover-up of fraudulent advertisement.

Dependent on how Hashfast used customer money to finance production (which has not been stated anywhere and should be considered malpractice), Hashfast customers may be locked into the fate of the company. If it succeeds customers will either be compensated for any shortcomings or may otherwise have grounds for litigation charges. If it fails, customers will have a claim on any left-overs after the company will have to file for bankruptcy. If customer funds were used, it's a misuse of financing, because it lets customers take all the risk while the potential gains (overall profitability of the company) is kept in private hands. Equity financing would have been more appropriate in that case.

Again - without anymore information coming from Hashfast it's hard to paint a precise picture of what is going on. For one it would be interesting to learn how Hashfast stored the customer funds to keep them available for a refund.

My deepest fear is that their business model was dependent on them shipping on time and that they were really hoping to not have to pay out any of the MPP, and now that it's obvious they will, there's no possible way for the company to honour the MPP without taking on substantial losses and/or bankrupty.  The hardware for the MPP is still going to cost the company more or less the same now as it does in a couple months, and if they made a gamble on not having to pay for it, everyone will suffer in the end.

I don't want to spread FUD though, I guess we'll have to give HashFast the benefit of the doubt until we hear otherwise.  Like everyone else, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping from an e-mail from them saying they haven't slept for the past two weeks because they've been trying to prevent their company from being insolvent and working hard on getting the consumers their hardware out as fast as they can, while what they're doing is still relevant.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
jddebug

Activity: 446

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:50:21 AM

Providing MPP modules to Batch 1 customers at no additional cost and after the sale has been the best thing HF has done so far. I don't understand how you can criticize them about that, much less take them to court. You can pound your chest all you want but this is just not going to happen.

The thing I object to is that MPP was designed to protect against excessive difficulty increases. Not delays.

HF has done nothing to compensate against delays so it is the customers that will pay the price for HF failures.
correct. Also see [https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg3527186#msg3527186].

The MPP was born in an attempt to attract customers at a time the network difficulty grew dramatically. It is a value-added deal which makes this offer very attractive.

With the radio silence from Hashfast there is hardly any way to know what is really going on behind the curtain. All things are possible - from an honest attempt to fix engineering problems and avoiding PR interference to an attempted cover-up of fraudulent advertisement.

Dependent on how Hashfast used customer money to finance production (which has not been stated anywhere and should be considered malpractice), Hashfast customers may be locked into the fate of the company. If it succeeds customers will either be compensated for any shortcomings or may otherwise have grounds for litigation charges. If it fails, customers will have a claim on any left-overs after the company will have to file for bankruptcy. If customer funds were used, it's a misuse of financing, because it lets customers take all the risk while the potential gains (overall profitability of the company) is kept in private hands. Equity financing would have been more appropriate in that case.

Again - without anymore information coming from Hashfast it's hard to paint a precise picture of what is going on. For one it would be interesting to learn how Hashfast stored the customer funds to keep them available for a refund.

My deepest fear is that their business model was dependent on them shipping on time and that they were really hoping to not have to pay out any of the MPP, and now that it's obvious they will, there's no possible way for the company to honour the MPP without taking on substantial losses and/or bankrupty.  The hardware for the MPP is still going to cost the company more or less the same now as it does in a couple months, and if they made a gamble on not having to pay for it, everyone will suffer in the end.

I don't want to spread FUD though, I guess we'll have to give HashFast the benefit of the doubt until we hear otherwise.  Like everyone else, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping from an e-mail from them saying they haven't slept for the past two weeks because they've been trying to prevent their company from being insolvent and working hard on getting the consumers their hardware out as fast as they can, while what they're doing is still relevant.

Well, if they held on to any of the bitcoin they were paid with they should be sitting really good for paying for additional hardware.
gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 04:58:59 AM

I think it is WAY to early to make any assumptions about the companies ability to pay for hardware production for the MPP hardware.
I think it is best to just take on a wait and see approach for right now and not jump to any conclusions and start spreading any FUD and starting a angry mob mentality because every one is just speculating at this point.

tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:20:01 AM

I think it is WAY to early to make any assumptions about the companies ability to pay for hardware production for the MPP hardware.
I think it is best to just take on a wait and see approach for right now and not jump to any conclusions and start spreading any FUD and starting a angry mob mentality because every one is just speculating at this point.

Yeah.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
pwnyboy

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:41:43 AM

That sounds like a good motivation for HashFast to withold hardware and mine.  I'm not saying they will, I'm saying it's something they've got to be factoring into the equation at this point, having already pissed everyone off significantly now.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:03:37 AM

I understand it would be very nice to have specific commitments of X MPP miniboards on Y date.

However, this is an unreasonable/impossible expectation for several reasons.

#1...because everything they promise is utter bullshit!

How's the printer?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Minor

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:39:29 AM

I just want to say that every time I read this thread my faith in humanity is restored.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:26:52 AM

I would have to agree. People suddenly want refunds in BTC as an investment they never made. If you invested in BTC, then that's that. If you paid for something in BTC, then BTC rises, you can't demand a refund for an easy second route. A couple of weeks ago, cedivad let me borrow ~.03 btc when they were at around 100 something dollars. I just needed to get some btc out of my Bitpay. I told him I would pay it back, he said I could keep it. I said okay and thanks. Suddenly when BTC started rising, he told me to pay him back or he was going to make a claim against me here on BTC talk. I didn't have the coins anymore because I used them, because he let me have them.

I think we should all stop focusing on getting refunded in BTC and suddenly being rich over an in direct investment. We all purchased Baby jets. And we need to focus on getting those. If you want a refund, have some morals and be honest.

Let's try to get what we paid for.

WAIT!
People are still thinking there is a slight chance to get their refunds in BTC?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:21:08 AM

Interesting thought.  Could you point out the MPP clause in the ToS you accepted when purchasing?

What's your point? 

You can go read the MPP yourself if you are confused about it. 

The MPP only guarantees more hashing power (with a cap) it doesn't guarantee an positive ROI.  Guaranteeing a positive ROI would require the MPP to offer unlimited additional hashrate and it clearly indicates it is capped at 400%.  I am not happy about it but a judge (if you want to waste your money and potentially see the inside of the court room in 3-6 months) is going to take a neutral aproach to the reading.  Just because someone "could" be confused isn't the standard of proof.  HashFast could probably have been more "creative" with the language and still win in court.

+10 ho yes !! Wink
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 11:50:44 AM

I think, the nex ;Dt time we were heard from HF is the 6. December.

I hope, they will made an amazing video like Knc.

Then all hurts and pain are blowing away.

I pray for this.

Dear god of Bitcoins, please let my wishes comes true.

Grin

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
tom99

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:55:32 PM

How come website did not need to register when you are new customer?  I am worrying to check my account later for no register at all.
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:53:18 PM

Yes... I do agree with you. We run mentaso.com and I am in discussions with one of the Hashfast crew about getting some info your way. I have asked a few times and been presented with some stale info, but recently things have changed a bit and they are actually being more vocal with us. There are only so many email reminders I can send before I think a forum post is needed to push along the flow of info.

From what I have been told, they do have a unit running, but I dont believe its with their Hashfast Asic chip. Of course I cannot confirm this as I have yet to see the actual rig.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=340079.0

Code:
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 04:58:48 PM

IT DEPENDS.

I wasn't asking you.

Doesn't matter who you were asking.

The answer is "IT DEPENDS" for reasons which have already been explained.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:05:25 PM

I was up in Norway last year, way up in Norway, and flew back to Oslo with a big bunch of the crew of the Oden, the Swedish icebreaker. They were nice guys.  Tough, but nice.  This icebreaker we have around here gives them a bad name, because he's just nothing but quarrelsome.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 6270

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:05:50 PM

Well , HF  may not have the best customer support , the best asic on the market , the best anything , but they do have the most annoying shill on the forum

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: