Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:13:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 [561] 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 07:47:36 PM

Shortly before the hearing adjourned, Montali expressed his puzzlement in the entire affair and wondered why the company simply didn't just convert its Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection into a Chapter 7, which allows a company to liquidate under American bankruptcy law.

"The observation that I’ve had since Day 1: I've expressed the unusualness of this new business called Bitcoin coming into our old familiar bankruptcy world, and I find it beyond belief that someone who understands Bitcoin wouldn't have the slightest interest under the bankruptcy code," Judge Montali said. "I'm going to defer to the judgement of the committee and the judgement of the debtor."

Weren't we first converted from chapter 7 to chapter 11?

Yup, anyone looking for a summary of what has happened so far this is my take...  

After being forced into chapter 7 Hashfast delayed for a month then filed a motion asking the judge to convert the case to chapter 11 which they are entitled to do under bankruptcy law.

Not that it matters at this point, but who approved Hashfast's request to convert to chapter 11? Judge Montali? I know I should know this but this question is part rhetoric, part self-prescribed ignorance.

Yes, Judge Montali approved it.  It was of course the decision of Hashfast management to file it in the first place.  This was before the creditors had any collective representation to oppose it. 

He should now have at least a glimpse of an answer as to why Hashfast management didn't just stay in Chapter 7. Hopefully this helps us creditors re: litigation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 10:53:29 PM

Where are you icetard to praise HF? Everything was bought for 400k? That's saying something about the world's fastest chip...

Where is cedivad?  Why isn't he here to praise this result of legal actions he helped initiate?   Huh

Ochoa didn't buy "everything."  And the 420k offer came with two huge side deals of great benefit to us creditors.

This is good news.  HashFast will be selling boards again soon:

That offer was accompanied by a commitment from Mr. Ochoa to permit the Debtors to buy data mining boards that Mr. Ochoa will be building with the Debtors’ assets, and which will be compatible the Debtors’ chip inventory, at a price equal to Mr. Ochoa’s cost. That commitment is valuable to the Debtors because it enables them to sell fully integrated and tested boards using the Debtors’ chip inventory at a price that both is competitive in the marketplace and generates significant margin to the Debtors. In addition, Mr. Ochoa’s offer was accompanied by a further commitment from Mr. Ochoa to permit the Debtors to purchase, again at no markup, a future, fully integrated mining board that is scheduled to be developed early next year. While that future board will not use any of the Debtors’ inventory, the Debtors’ ability to buy the board at cost and then reselling to the public at a margin provides real value to the Debtors and their creditors.

How many do you want?   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:59:39 PM

This is good news.  

you sir, are fucking deluded.

nobody wants those boards nor does anyone wish to be associated with anything to do with hashfail.
it's dead, get over it. dead, inefficient and last year's news.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:09:13 PM

Where are you icetard to praise HF? Everything was bought for 400k? That's saying something about the world's fastest chip...

Where is cedivad?  Why isn't he here to praise this result of legal actions he helped initiate?   Huh

Ochoa didn't buy "everything."  And the 420k offer came with two huge side deals of great benefit to us creditors.

Boards which nobody will buy. Ok. Great deal for the "best and fastest bitcoin mining chip". Words simply can't express the amount of failure apparently from both sides.

Maybe the legal action didn't got anything for the creditors, but at least it stopped HF from scamming (aka sucking their money into a black hole because that's what HF does best) other customers.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 11:15:19 PM

This is good news.  

nobody wants those boards nor does anyone wish to be associated with anything to do with hashfail.

Plenty of people want Habanero boards, which are almost the same thing.

I'd love to get my MPP boards and so would many others, especially those who never received their initial order.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:24:42 PM

This is good news.  

I'd love to get my MPP boards and so would many others, especially those who never received their initial order.

get a fucking grip. I have no interest in receiving any 'product' linked to hashfail, send me my fucking money back or shut the fuck up, dickhead.
You make me sick, i've been watching your vile bully tactics on this forum and I can honestly say that I have never seen such a fucking lowlife in all my entire life.

you think anyone is vaguely interested in receiving 800GH/s MPP boards with difficulty sitting at 40billion? you are truly fucking deluded and that court case was a fucking farce. If you think any good has come of some ragged politico buying himself a new toy to play with, then i'm afraid you had better get lubed up and take that arse-fucking again and again and again that you so richly deserve and one can only presume, enjoy.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:28:13 PM

you think anyone is vaguely interested in receiving 800GH/s MPP boards with difficulty sitting at 40billion? you are truly fucking deluded and that court case was a fucking farce. If you think any good has come of some ragged politico buying himself a new toy to play with, then i'm afraid you had better get lubed up and take that arse-fucking again and again and again that you so richly deserve and one can only presume, enjoy.

1 J/GH boards? Worthless. Less than worthless. You'd have to pay me to power them up.

Buy & Hold
armyof1ne

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:40:21 PM

That offer was accompanied by a commitment from Mr. Ochoa to permit the Debtors to buy data mining boards that Mr. Ochoa will be building with the Debtors’ assets, and which will be compatible the Debtors’ chip inventory, at a price equal to Mr. Ochoa’s cost. That commitment is valuable to the Debtors because it enables them to sell fully integrated and tested boards using the Debtors’ chip inventory at a price that both is competitive in the marketplace and generates significant margin to the Debtors. In addition, Mr. Ochoa’s offer was accompanied by a further commitment from Mr. Ochoa to permit the Debtors to purchase, again at no markup, a future, fully integrated mining board that is scheduled to be developed early next year. While that future board will not use any of the Debtors’ inventory, the Debtors’ ability to buy the board at cost and then reselling to the public at a margin provides real value to the Debtors and their creditors.

I am pretty sure Mr Cavion will probably stay silent. 
Those boards are probably going to be kind of worthless at this point, unless enmasse... no point in purchasing something i should already own, he would be wise to open under a new name.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:06:54 AM

really people want these boards still? at what price? I have 20 rev 3 boards sitting in a box next to me right now. Let me know and they are yours. I am not running them now due to op-ex and capacity constraints

Well I'd bite if they were cheap, need running at less than spec to keep heatsinks cheap enough to bother buying for them, I'm thinking I could go 5 @ $125 ea, but I'm hodling my coin, so we'd have to make other payment arrangements... you could maybe get $1000 out of me for 10.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:41:33 AM

Well it really depends on the price of the boards. I mean let alot the water cooler and power costs a huge portion of the possible money that can be made.

Lets just assume for a second that the board runs at 800gh and because we are pretending, lets say the difficulty is not going to get any higher. So after 100 days you would only generate 1.064 BTC. IF we assume that the water cooler is 60$ and the psu is 40$ That leaves at the current price 260$ that the board price can be.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 12:45:06 AM

get a fucking grip. I have no interest in receiving any 'product' linked to hashfail, send me my fucking money back or shut the fuck up, dickhead.
You make me sick, i've been watching your vile bully tactics on this forum and I can honestly say that I have never seen such a fucking lowlife in all my entire life.

LoL, u sound mad bro.   Tongue

First you said "nobody" wants HF boards and then you change it to "I have no interest."   Roll Eyes

If you can't distinguish between yourself and everybody, no wonder you get upset so easily.

Such massive conceptual difficulties must make life very difficult.

Of course the court case was a farce.  We smart people knew it would be, and warned you of that, well in advance of cedivad, MM, and PM's spectacularly ill-advised legal actions:

Btw my lawyer says that while there can be multiple actions from the same lawyer with several little customers, there can't be class actions against HF. In other words, i don't think i have any suggestion to everyone who ordered only 1 unit (and i'm really sorry of being unable to help).

The ONLY winners of class action law suits... are the lawyers, lets face it.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
pmorici

Activity: 479

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:57:39 AM

Shortly before the hearing adjourned, Montali expressed his puzzlement in the entire affair and wondered why the company simply didn't just convert its Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection into a Chapter 7, which allows a company to liquidate under American bankruptcy law.

"The observation that I’ve had since Day 1: I've expressed the unusualness of this new business called Bitcoin coming into our old familiar bankruptcy world, and I find it beyond belief that someone who understands Bitcoin wouldn't have the slightest interest under the bankruptcy code," Judge Montali said. "I'm going to defer to the judgement of the committee and the judgement of the debtor."

Weren't we first converted from chapter 7 to chapter 11?

Yup, anyone looking for a summary of what has happened so far this is my take... 

After being forced into chapter 7 Hashfast delayed for a month then filed a motion asking the judge to convert the case to chapter 11 which they are entitled to do under bankruptcy law.

Not that it matters at this point, but who approved Hashfast's request to convert to chapter 11? Judge Montali? I know I should know this but this question is part rhetoric, part self-prescribed ignorance.

Yes, Judge Montali approved it.  It was of course the decision of Hashfast management to file it in the first place.  This was before the creditors had any collective representation to oppose it. 

He should now have at least a glimpse of an answer as to why Hashfast management didn't just stay in Chapter 7. Hopefully this helps us creditors re: litigation.

Yes, well, what is lost on all the people screaming that forcing them into chapter 7 was stupid idea is that they were preparing to declare chapter 11 bankruptcy anyways.  The involuntary filing just caused them to have to do it a couple weeks sooner than they had planned.
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:14:52 AM

Lets just assume for a second that the board runs at 800gh and because we are pretending, lets say the difficulty is not going to get any higher. So after 100 days you would only generate 1.064 BTC. IF we assume that the water cooler is 60$ and the psu is 40$ That leaves at the current price 260$ that the board price can be.

I was figuring they'd need a solid 1000W PSU at 800, w/gh climbs with speed. Can find some useable 600W ones around $40 but then there's quite a jump.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:42:29 AM

I am pretty sure Mr Cavion will probably stay silent.
I've already written everything I wanted to during the last year, there is no need for me to reiterate and lose more time with trolls.
But I think that I should be amused by how often those trolls throw the ball at me.

Reading Morici is always depressing in it's simplicity. He always has that linear, dead simple explanation of the screwing, yet, here we still are, banging our heads with judges, lawyers, trollers, while the people behind this are laughing at us and enjoy the protection of the law.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
stan258

Activity: 440

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:53:10 AM

I was figuring they'd need a solid 1000W PSU at 800, w/gh climbs with speed. Can find some useable 600W ones around $40 but then there's quite a jump.

about right. a 1250w can run 2 at 30 day average of 600-650 ghs in non-datacenter ambient environment. Not optimized as I would like but the life is so short I focused on stability

You will need CPU coolers which are worth more then the boards. 
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:36:15 AM

You would definitely need a 1000W PSU at 800GH/s, though even getting boards that high would be extremely hit or miss. That's a minimum of 1050MHz on all 4 dies, which is no small feat.

Going the other way is actually better though. I have Habs running at 575MHz giving 432GH/s poolside and pulling 341W at the wall from a Silver rated 850W HEC branded PSU I got for $40. Yes the per speed board is lower, but it's a lot more competitive with current offerings.
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:42:22 AM

Yeah, that's what I was figuring, get down to 0.75 gh/W ish, maybe cheap out the cooler to a Hyper 212 with push pull fans on.

Taugeran

Activity: 658

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:50:37 AM

Yeah, that's what I was figuring, get down to 0.75 gh/W ish, maybe cheap out the cooler to a Hyper 212 with push pull fans on.

i tried that at one point, it can work but definitely use something like arctic silver 5, and ditch the screw that come factory with the retention bracket they dont allow enough pressure on the dies( IMHO)

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:57:08 AM

Going the other way is actually better though. I have Habs running at 575MHz giving 432GH/s poolside and pulling 341W at the wall from a Silver rated 850W HEC branded PSU I got for $40. Yes the per speed board is lower, but it's a lot more competitive with current offerings.

Let's compare that to a quality offering.

SP20: 1.7 TH/s for $695 (cooler included).

So the HF is worth 695 * 1700 / 432 = $176. Let's say you can find a cooler for $26. The HF board is worth less than $150.

Buy & Hold
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:10:59 AM

Let's compare that to a quality offering.

SP20: 1.7 TH/s for $695 (cooler included).

So the HF is worth 695 * 1700 / 432 = $176. Let's say you can find a cooler for $26. The HF board is worth less than $150.
I'm not saying that they're worth a ridiculous amount of money, just that trying to run them at 800GH/s isn't the way to go if it's even possible for most boards. The numbers become much more competitive to other offerings if you turn them down considerably.
Pages: « 1 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 [561] 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: