Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:19:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186657 times)
ecliptic

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:01:47 PM

They ordered the chips with your money, SOMEONE acquired them, used and still is using them for mining, and then they had to order another run of chips from TSMC after this happened.  That's why the chips are so late.

Who acquired them?  When?  How do you know these chips are the same as the chips we ordered?  This is exactly what I am talking about.  You have no information to back any of these accusations up except "I saw a picture!!!".

Tracking Info

Manufacturer Silkscreen and timestamping on the chips themselves (Why the fuck are they ordered months after you had the money?)

Occam's Razor

Need I go on?

Unless there is concrete proof these chips were ordered within a few weeks of when the money was received, Avalon is lying.

Which is possible.  I'm not saying anything concrete.  I'm just saying can we quit with the crazy ass theoreticals for just a little while?

There is no simple theory, maybe not even a complex theory, that explains the massive delay that absolves Avalon of guilt.

The simplest theory, that perfectly explains the delay, is they had to order a second batch of chips.

How the fuck is it a crazy theoretical?

What do you think is a "sane" theoretical explanation for the delays?  Because this bullshit about "customs" is certainly not it.
dmcdad

Activity: 302

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:03:33 PM

Yifu said those chips went into batch #3 which was made up of 600 units.
600 Avalons is less than 150K chips. 150K chips != 1M+ chips.
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:05:20 PM

I'm saying people are citing this theory as fact, when we don't actually know what is happening at all.  The real problem at this moment is a lack of full information.  We don't know if there was a second batch or not.  What if a first batch was contracted privately before the chips were offered to group buys?  We don't know.  I'm just asking people not state as fact what they don't know.  Some people read this and assume the crazytalk is well researched analysis.  It's misleading and it isn't helpful.
ecliptic

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:07:21 PM

I'm saying people are citing this theory as fact, when we don't actually know what is happening at all.  The real problem at this moment is a lack of full information.  We don't know if there was a second batch or not.  What if a first batch was contracted privately before the chips were offered to group buys?  We don't know.  I'm just asking people not state as fact what they don't know.  Some people read this and assume the crazytalk is well researched analysis.  It's misleading and it isn't helpful.

Again, occam's razor.  Saying you know nothing is bullshit.  You should have at least the simpliest theory that explains it to go from.  Sadly, there's none that make sense that account for what we are seeing AND paint avalon in a good light

Why the fuck did Avalon splinter while chips were being delivered?  Custom's doesn't explain that
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:08:46 PM

Again, occam's razor.  Saying you know nothing is bullshit.  You should have at least the simpliest theory that explains it to go from.  Sadly, there's none that make sense that account for what we are seeing AND paint avalon in a good light

Why the fuck did Avalon splinter while chips were being delivered?  Custom's doesn't explain that

Nothing has been explained yet.  That's my point.  Yifu has offered refunds.  Let's see how that plays out, and in the interim everyone calm down.
dmcdad

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:09:53 PM

bigbeninlondon and ProfMac: I get it. You all don't like the noise, speculation, accusation, talk about Yifu's chi being damaged, whatever. But no amount of pleading is going to stop the dozens of people (representing hundreds) that are wondering where the millions of dollars they spent went. The only thing that will stop that, as I said, is for Yifu to make the situation right (refund, etc.), or provide a detailed and believable explanation as to WTF happened. That's it. Nothing else is going to make it stop.

In fact, look what happened when you pleaded for it to stop? We get a dozen more messages talking about the theories and accusations. See? It doesn't help.
ecliptic

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:10:40 PM

Nothing has been explained yet.  That's my point.  Yifu has offered refunds.  Let's see how that plays out, and in the interim everyone calm down.

Refunds are not true refunds.  Assembly cost of chips was almost the same price, if not more, than chips themselves.
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:13:13 PM

Agreed.  Shit sucks.  I just don't see the point of all the anger and beating of chests and knashing of teeth.  We're still playing this out; it's not over yet.
dmcdad

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:19:21 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2013, 11:05:48 PM by dmcdad

Agreed.  Shit sucks.  I just don't see the point of all the anger and beating of chests and knashing of teeth.  We're still playing this out; it's not over yet.
Part of the point is that it only appears that when people start to get really pissed off here does Yifu sign on and start to do something. It has happened three times now. His MO is the same: offer a bone to people (in the last case Avalon 3 refunds which he "thought" were already given) or some false glimmer of hope that orders are about to ship, then he disappears into the wilderness again and waits for the pot to boil over before coming back. He needs to get his shit together, and he needs to do it fast. We are all sick and tired of it and I think he underestimates what he is against here. He didn't just scam someone on ebay out of few hundred dollars here. This is hundreds of people and millions of dollars. There *will be* repercussions, and the longer he waits the more severe they will be. Those are the facts.
ecliptic

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:19:42 PM

It's all of what look to be lies, and fairly transparent ones, that really bother me.  

You always run the risk of losing everything you invest in anything related to crytpocurrencies.
bigbeninlondon

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:20:15 PM

Agreed.  Shit sucks.  I just don't see the point of all the anger and beating of chests and knashing of teeth.  We're still playing this out; it's not over yet.
Part of the point is that it only appears that when people start to get really pissed off here does Yifu sign on and start to do something. It has happened twice now. His MO is the same: offer a bone to people (in the last case Avalon 3 refunds which he "thought" were already given) or some false glimmer of hope that orders are about to ship, then he disappears into the wilderness again and waits for the pot to boil over before coming back. He needs to get his shit together, and he needs to do it fast. We are all sick and tired of it and I think he underestimates what he is against here. He didn't just scam someone on ebay out of few hundred dollars here. This is hundreds of people and millions of dollars. There *will be* repercussions, and the longer he waits the more severe they will be. Those are the facts.

This I can agree with.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:24:13 PM

I have an Avalon chip that has A3256-Q48 designated on it.  Does that tell us anything?

I try to be respectful and informed.
ecliptic

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:29:16 PM

I have an Avalon chip that has A3256-Q48 designated on it.  Does that tell us anything?

Maybe, it could be a part number, a batch number, etc.  Obviously not as simple as a date code, the Q48 is because it's a QFN 48 pin.

Avalon may be going out of their way to remove/hide this data if it would be there otherwise as well.

A good comparison would be sample chips vs arrived chips.  Anything different?  Avalon said the sample chips were supposed to be 4 weeks into the order.. so we'd have expected to see the full chips 6 weeks later.
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:31:20 PM

It tells us it's an Avalon chip.
The -Q48 is the package type. 48 lead QFN package.
Usually there are additional marking for the year and week of manufacture.
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:32:55 PM

and ofc Yifu deciding to make refunds instantly after this pictures came out is just a coincidence

EDIT: sorry, I forgot... It was bad for his chi
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:38:25 PM

I just found this in another thread.  It seems to document that one batch of Avalon chips was actually in customs for 60 days or so.

Ok everybody, as promised, I have an update on the Avalon chips shipment status. I just got off the phone with Gary, the account manager for this particular case and this is exactly what he told me:

This shipment has been on hold by US Customs in New York since June 12th. He said that these are extremely extenuating circumstances because the most shipments ever get held up by Customs is about 30 days, so this is WAY past that. He also mentioned that US Customs has been non-cooperative when it comes to conveying any communication on the status of this case. So Gary and his company, they're all having a special meeting next Wednesday together with the Director of the US Customs of New York.

So we should have more information late Wednesday night. I will update you as soon as I get briefed on the matter.

Hope this helps shed a little more light on this unfortunate incident.

bigbeninlondon

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:40:05 PM

I just found this in another thread.  It seems to document that one batch of Avalon chips was actually in customs for 60 days or so.

Ok everybody, as promised, I have an update on the Avalon chips shipment status. I just got off the phone with Gary, the account manager for this particular case and this is exactly what he told me:

This shipment has been on hold by US Customs in New York since June 12th. He said that these are extremely extenuating circumstances because the most shipments ever get held up by Customs is about 30 days, so this is WAY past that. He also mentioned that US Customs has been non-cooperative when it comes to conveying any communication on the status of this case. So Gary and his company, they're all having a special meeting next Wednesday together with the Director of the US Customs of New York.

So we should have more information late Wednesday night. I will update you as soon as I get briefed on the matter.

This is ragingazn628's group buy.  The chips in question are sample chips.  And they were held up in NY customs.  And we still don't have those chips.
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:42:00 PM

It tells us it's an Avalon chip.
The -Q48 is the package type. 48 lead QFN package.
Usually there are additional marking for the year and week of manufacture.

The bottom line reads PPY54013232C

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 10:42:09 PM

and ofc Yifu deciding to make refunds instantly after this pictures came out is just a coincidence

EDIT: sorry, I forgot... It was bad for his chi

What picture?

ecliptic

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:42:31 PM

This is ragingazn628's group buy.  The chips in question are sample chips.  And they were held up in NY customs.  And we still don't have those chips.

Not a very good example, ragingazn628 has been very sketchy the whole time.  

No other group buy had issues with sample chips.  They arrived prompty without any issues at customs.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: