Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:27:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186657 times)
Sophokles

Activity: 1218
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 10:47:05 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2013, 12:14:25 AM by Sophokles

It tells us it's an Avalon chip.
The -Q48 is the package type. 48 lead QFN package.
Usually there are additional marking for the year and week of manufacture.

The bottom line reads PPY54013232C

manufactured in calendar week 32

edit: it is actually week 23.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:49:12 PM

Week 32 is the week that started on August 5th, so that chip is somewhere between 18 and 25 days old.
fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:52:32 PM

I'm saying people are citing this theory as fact, when we don't actually know what is happening at all.  The real problem at this moment is a lack of full information.  We don't know if there was a second batch or not.  What if a first batch was contracted privately before the chips were offered to group buys?  We don't know.  I'm just asking people not state as fact what they don't know.  Some people read this and assume the crazytalk is well researched analysis.  It's misleading and it isn't helpful.

Again, occam's razor.  Saying you know nothing is bullshit.  You should have at least the simpliest theory that explains it to go from.  Sadly, there's none that make sense that account for what we are seeing AND paint avalon in a good light

Why the fuck did Avalon splinter while chips were being delivered?  Custom's doesn't explain that

I have an Avalon chip that has A3256-Q48 designated on it.  Does that tell us anything?

If that is all that is printed on the chip it may have been remarked.
If that is the case and you want to try an experiment use a pencil eraser to rub the top of the chip and see if more marking are reviled under the top coat.
It might take a few minuets of rubbing to see a result.  

Edit: Never mind show have read reply before posting this.
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:53:40 PM

I'm saying people are citing this theory as fact, when we don't actually know what is happening at all.  The real problem at this moment is a lack of full information.  We don't know if there was a second batch or not.  What if a first batch was contracted privately before the chips were offered to group buys?  We don't know.  I'm just asking people not state as fact what they don't know.  Some people read this and assume the crazytalk is well researched analysis.  It's misleading and it isn't helpful.

Again, occam's razor.  Saying you know nothing is bullshit.  You should have at least the simpliest theory that explains it to go from.  Sadly, there's none that make sense that account for what we are seeing AND paint avalon in a good light

Why the fuck did Avalon splinter while chips were being delivered?  Custom's doesn't explain that

I have an Avalon chip that has A3256-Q48 designated on it.  Does that tell us anything?

If that is the case and you want to try an experiment use a pencil eraser to rub the top of the chip and see if more marking are reviled under the top coat.

Funny, doubt they would remark it if the chip says it was made CW32.  They'd actually want to cover that fact up.

Is this a sample chip with CW32 datemark?  That's pretty damning evidence right there, either they ordered them on time, and something happened to the chips, or they waited a long ass time to order.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:08:30 PM

Funny, doubt they would remark it if the chip says it was made CW32.  They'd actually want to cover that fact up.

Is this a sample chip with CW32 datemark?  That's pretty damning evidence right there, either they ordered them on time, and something happened to the chips, or they waited a long ass time to order.

I bought one of the modules from this event:
I plugged it in yesterday, had a little trouble with the USB not being connected, but after a few times taking it apart and putting it back again, I got it working. It ran great all last night and this morning. When I got back after a meeting, this is what I found:

I got my microscope out and read the numbers on one of the chips.  The interpretation that the chip was manufactured during week 32, and that the module I have is from Luke's damaged Avalon, says that the Avalon was in Tennessee on Wed of the week that the chips were manufactured.  This doesn't fit together tight enough for me.

I try to be respectful and informed.
fasmax

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:13:44 PM

PPY54013232C
I think that 1323 is the date code that would mean 2013 week 23.
That would say manufactured June 3 to June 9.

ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:15:42 PM

PPY54013232C

That makes more sense to me.

http://www.vercalendario.info/en/print-week-23-2013.html

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 11:16:13 PM

PPY54013232C

Is there anywhere you can look up the datecode refrence?

ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:20:33 PM

PPY54013232C

I think it is in the .pdf file for the Avalon chip, but I can't find my copy right now.

fasmax

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:22:06 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2013, 11:37:48 PM by fasmax

PPY54013232C

Usually the meaning of the markings on a chip are specified on the data sheet.
I looked at the Avalon sheet a few mounts ago and don't remember seeing this information.

Edit: Just looked at the data sheet and that information is there. Last 6 character's are YYWW2C So it's 2013 week 23.
ecliptic

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 11:29:15 PM

Hmm, interesting.  There is one other theory I had heard, but thus far no real credible evidence for.. that Avalon was holding onto chips and "gradually" releasing them, possibly to check that PCB MFGs are legit..  If the MFG timestamps on the ASICs line up with it, that might explain it, but why would they hide this purpose?  It would tip their hand to the PCB assemblers, that they'd be that paranoid of running off with everything..?

If the chips were manufactured over 2.5 months ago, what could possibly explain them not being shipped?
Sophokles

Activity: 1218
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 11:38:08 PM

Edit: Just looked at the data sheet and that information is there. Last 6 character's are YYWW2C So the it's 2013 week 23.

Yes, that is correct. I also just looked it up. Sorry about the 'week 32' misinformation.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 11:38:54 PM

that Avalon was holding onto chips and "gradually" releasing them, possibly to check that PCB MFGs are legit..  

That's not their job.  Their job is to ship chips to the shipping addresses listed for the people who paid $78,000 to order chips from them.

ecliptic

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:12:39 AM

that Avalon was holding onto chips and "gradually" releasing them, possibly to check that PCB MFGs are legit..  

That's not their job.  Their job is to ship chips to the shipping addresses listed for the people who paid $78,000 to order chips from them.

Not saying it is, just a 'wild' theory I had heard.  I don't put any faith in it.
pixl8tr

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:17:45 AM

Edit: Just looked at the data sheet and that information is there. Last 6 character's are YYWW2C So the it's 2013 week 23.

Yes, that is correct. I also just looked it up. Sorry about the 'week 32' misinformation.

Wonder why they were sitting around for 12 weeks.    The story would make a great movie.  Mafia, Customs bribes, assassins, and thieves.    ;-)

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:27:52 AM

Wonder why they were sitting around for 12 weeks.    The story would make a great movie.  Mafia, Customs bribes, assassins, and thieves.    ;-)

Someone get Mr Chow's agent on the phone! Just warn him payment might be a bit late..

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 01:10:30 AM

It is pretty clear that the delay is planned and intentionally.

Back in May, ccmbc, a Chinese clone manufactur, told me that the Avalon chips would be shipped in Sep. He said he had contacts inside the Avalon team. Avalon team think if they ship in Sep, the early chip buyer will not lose money. I was surprised, and asked him to deliver message to ngzhang, shipping the order on time!  the feed back is weird. they did not promise time, but "we will make the early buyer ROI"

Later, we found that ccmbc has lots of chips, it is very likely that it is from the private market created by the Avalon team. This is an evidence that ccmbc was telling the truth.

Avalon team is corrupted, untrustworth, scammy, selfish, and criminal.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:08:36 AM

It's hard to put your finger on intentions. What we know for sure is that the customer support has degraded massively from shipping the first units to batch 3 and the chips, and there has been no attempt to rectify the situation. This makes you wonder what the long term plan of that company is. It is unlikely that they will operate in the B2C space any further, and focus on B2B - otherwise they would try to fix their reputational damage at this stage.
They announced better tech - but given the state of affairs, it's likely not going to benefit the mining community as a whole (e.g. by offering competitively priced hardware or similar arrangements), but a chosen group of investors/entrepreneurs.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
bystander

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:10:25 AM

Back in May, ccmbc, a Chinese clone manufactur, told me that the Avalon chips would be shipped in Sep. He said he had contacts inside the Avalon team. Avalon team think if they ship in Sep, the early chip buyer will not lose money. I was surprised, and asked him to deliver message to ngzhang, shipping the order on time!  the feed back is weird. they did not promise time, but "we will make the early buyer ROI"

Later, we found that ccmbc has lots of chips, it is very likely that it is from the private market created by the Avalon team. This is an evidence that ccmbc was telling the truth.

I suspected as much when the leaked pics came out, their duplicitous and unprofessional tactics are encumbered with the stench of greed.
Dagger75

Activity: 156

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 02:33:00 AM

All these ASIC Companies make me sick!  Gotta love how they continuously dilute their preorder Investors ROI by mining w/ their "already paid for" Hardware until they milk the blockchain enough and difficulty has already doubled...then send out their dust-ridden Miners.

And just over 24 hours ago here come Bitfury!!!  Solo Mining on their own pool at 115TH/s which gives them 20%+ of this lovely Bitcoin Network. https://ghash.io/

We need to be very afraid of these ASIC Companies Mining who are already Centralizing the Bitcoin network day-by-day.  They will mine while the difficulty is low to milk what they can, then will ship out preordered chips and miners when any kind of decent ROI time for US, who mostly paid for everything they have, has past.  Then we get to worry if we'll ever even earn back what we've paid for these ASICs.  Lovely isn't it?  This is what will happen to the majority of ASIC Miner and Chip purchasers who did have "Contacts" or were able to "Buy" their place in line.

At this point in time, w/o doing any extensive research, ASICMiner and Bitfury combined are about 40% of the Entire network right now!!   Shocked

We Miners, have to stop buying in to these ridiculous preorder fiasco's and stop supporting the Companies that want to use our Money to support their Large Scale ASIC Farms under the guise that they will send our Orders ASAP when Chips arrive.  I call Bullshit after seeing what has gone on this last year or so

We Need to stop giving them our Hard-earned Money so they can NOT continue to use us to Fund Their "Get Rich with ASIC Schemes"!  I'm sure there will be people who do not agree with me but having been burned myself and seeing the frustration of so many others on here I feel we need to put a stop to this ourselves!  By Not giving them any more money!

>>>http://foundation.leafco.in/<<<  Please help support our cause

>>>A True Alt, with a True Purpose<<<  $$Leafcoin$$
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: