Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:47:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628507 times)
Kraken-Chase

Activity: 59
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 06:46:14 PM

This would be good and about time. How far away is it?

Unfortunately we’re unable to provide any specific ETAs at the moment, however an announcement will be made here once it becomes available.

Also, how can we ensure that what happened to Quadriga is impossible at Kraken? That no single person's disappearance/death or bad intentions stuffs everyone and the exchange. And no empty cold wallets and other shady happenings.

At Kraken, safeguarding your funds has and always will be a top priority of ours. We have multiple mechanisms in place to ensure a situation like this would never occur on Kraken.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 4065

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 08:23:03 PM

Just wanted to say that I'm glad for having Kraken as my main exchange!
The incident with Cryptopia made me realise that! Tongue

Keep going strong guys!

LOL, same case here. Through Kraken got a difficult time before, they rock solid now. I like when the things work as they should be Smiley

Though international individuals do not currently have any USD funding options available, we expect this to change soon.

Also, how can we ensure that what happened to Quadriga is impossible at Kraken? That no single person's disappearance/death or bad intentions stuffs everyone and the exchange. And no empty cold wallets and other shady happenings.

Kraken is too big to have the same scenario happen. There is not only 1 guy mainly managing everything alone from IT to management.
They have many workers with a much complex structure.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
sampam

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 02:01:32 AM

Unfortunately we’re unable to provide any specific ETAs at the moment, however an announcement will be made here once it becomes available.

At Kraken, safeguarding your funds has and always will be a top priority of ours. We have multiple mechanisms in place to ensure a situation like this would never occur on Kraken.

No general ballpark? Say within a month? two months?

That is great to know but can you elaborate on that? What are some mechanisms in place that would make it all impossible and that no one person or persons has this kind of ability?
sampam

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 02:02:48 AM

Just wanted to say that I'm glad for having Kraken as my main exchange!
The incident with Cryptopia made me realise that! Tongue

Keep going strong guys!

LOL, same case here. Through Kraken got a difficult time before, they rock solid now. I like when the things work as they should be Smiley

Though international individuals do not currently have any USD funding options available, we expect this to change soon.

Kraken is too big to have the same scenario happen. There is not only 1 guy mainly managing everything alone from IT to management.
They have many workers with a much complex structure.

You wouldn't expect this to happen to an entity holding 200M in assets either.... Nor for it to be a one man team.
Kraken-Chase

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 02:11:55 PM

No general ballpark? Say within a month? two months?

Not quite yet. Once we near its launch, we can definitely throw out firmer specifics, however. Those watching this thread will be one of the first to know once a new funding option becomes available.

That is great to know but can you elaborate on that? What are some mechanisms in place that would make it all impossible and that no one person or persons has this kind of ability?

For some of the security measures we put in place, feel free to check out our Security section of our website - https://www.kraken.com/en-us/features/security.

An additional source of interest would be our latest podcasts (specifically EP 3: Chasing the Conspiracy), where Jesse and Christina talk in depth about the recent QuadrigaCX situation - https://www.kraken.com/en-us/learn/podcast.
Dune_R

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 11:47:28 PM

Is anyone having trouble logging in to their Kraken account?
I've been going back and forth with support for 2 days and can't get a response.  When I try to login it says account temporarily suspended
PurpleDog

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 09:07:55 AM

I login with no problem.

You need to talk with their support.
Dune_R

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2019, 11:39:59 AM

Yeah that's the problem
Kraken-Chase

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2019, 01:53:13 PM

Is anyone having trouble logging in to their Kraken account?
I've been going back and forth with support for 2 days and can't get a response.  When I try to login it says account temporarily suspended

Dune_R,

We're sorry to hear you're having issues logging into your account. If you haven't already, please use the following form to escalate your ticket and an agent will be with you as soon as possible: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScCdK0IeMKRdYQUrpZRte71T_ksukoCU_7nnssYWSgrpoYMkA/viewform

mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 05:31:34 PM

nice one:   https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-07/crypto-exchange-kraken-sued-by-former-trading-desk-manager        Grin
Kraken-Chase

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2019, 10:42:09 PM

Kraken is Delisting BSV

Cryptocurrency is about creating a better world. At Kraken, we take this mission seriously. Our focus is on delivering the freedom digital currencies offer. Freedom from centralized systems, financial freedom and critically, freedom from oppression. Our vision of the future doesn’t work unless it works for everyone.

Over the last few months, the team behind Bitcoin SV have engaged in behaviour completely antithetical to everything we at Kraken and the wider crypto community stands for. It started with fraudulent claims, escalating to threats and legal action, with the BSV team suing a number of people speaking out against them. The threats made last week to individual members of the community were the last straw.

This aggression will not stand. Alongside other upstanding members of the community, and in consultation with more than 70,000 Kraken users, we have decided to delist Bitcoin SV. Deposits will be disabled April 22. Trading will cease on all trading pairs April 29. Withdrawals will continue until May 31.

A secure, sustainable and trustworthy ecosystem is only possible if community members live by these values. Crypto’s future is bright. There is no room for bad actors. We appreciate the community’s support as we work together to create the world we want to see.

The above announcement can also be found in our most recent blog post: https://blog.kraken.com/post/2274/kraken-is-delisting-bsv/
vane91

Activity: 133
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 10:41:32 AM

Kraken is Delisting BSV

Yeah, https://www.theblockcrypto.com/2019/04/16/kraken-is-delisting-bitcoin-sv-amid-controversy-but-the-exchange-plans-to-list-2-coins-per-month-starting-in-may/

but why did Kraken delist Namecoin?? Ties to wikileaks case? Pressure form US Gob?

Would you comment on that? What is needed to re-add NMC ?

#FreeAssange
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 10:56:51 AM

Yeah, https://www.theblockcrypto.com/2019/04/16/kraken-is-delisting-bitcoin-sv-amid-controversy-but-the-exchange-plans-to-list-2-coins-per-month-starting-in-may/

but why did Kraken delist Namecoin?? Ties to wikileaks case? Pressure form US Gob?

#FreeAssange

How does a 24 hour volume of $8500 grab you? And that's for the entire market.

Why would anyone bother maintaining infrastructure for something that dead? It's been on its way out for a very long time.

The idea of NMC is very cool. All the same it's safe to say it is a failure.
Kraken-RJ

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 01:16:38 PM

#FreeAssange

vane91,

Here is additional information on why we delisted Namecoin: https://blog.kraken.com/post/235/kraken-delists-namecoin/

The reason was ultimately attributed to low trading volumes.
Kraken-RJ

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 02:08:42 PM

Kraken will be listing Cosmos (ATOM)

ATOM trading starts April 22.

Funding and Trading start time
Cosmos plans to enable ATOM transfers at block 500,000, expected at approximately 8am PST (4pm UTC) on Monday the 22nd. Kraken will enable funding and trading shortly after transfers go live. Clients will be able to place buy orders as soon as trading is enabled, but sell orders will not start appearing until after the first ATOM deposits clear. Extra caution is required when trading a newly listed asset - see the caution about trading below for more information.

The start time is approximate. Check the status page for updates around the time of the launch.

Will the asset be available on Kraken Pro?
Clients will be able to trade ATOM on both Kraken and at Kraken Pro. If you haven’t tried Kraken Pro yet, we highly recommend it. Most clients prefer it for the improved UI, integrated charts and tools. Also, it supports mobile trading (go to https://trade.kraken.com/ on your mobile device and select “Trading” in the bottom right to get started).

What about margin trading?
Margin trading will not be available at launch for Cosmos (ATOM), but may be enabled in the future.

What about futures and indices?
Kraken Futures and Kraken Indices will not support Cosmos (ATOM) at launch, but we will reassess as the spot markets become more developed.

What about OTC block trades?
Kraken’s OTC desk will support Cosmos (ATOM) at launch.

Cosmos is a Proof-of-Stake blockchain interoperability project based on the Tendermint consensus protocol. It comprises a decentralized network of independent, parallel blockchains, each powered by the core consensus protocol, with constituent and derivative blockchains within the Cosmos ecosystem understood as "zones" operating in proximity to the principal.

Additionally, Cosmos and Tendermint aim to reduce the time and complexity involved in building Blockchain applications, providing stable interface for popular programming languages.

To learn more about the Cosmos listing, check out our blog post .
asche
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489

I forgot more than you will ever know.

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:46:19 PM

Given the latest Tether FUD (or not FUD, w/e), is Kraken considering to support other stablecoin pairings?

Such as TrueUSD for instance?
That would be, afaik among the first TUSD/Fiat pairs to exist.

Thank you.
Kraken-Chase

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 03:27:38 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2019, 08:04:35 PM by Kraken-Chase

Please note that Kralken-RJ is NOT affiliated with Kraken and is looking to scam Bitcointalk users. The user has been reported to the forum moderators - thank you!

Update: Please be on the lookout for phishing scams and beware of users that are similar to ours that promise coin giveaways, if you send them a deposit first. It's important to note that Kraken will never ask you for your username or password. When assisting our users, we may ask for your Public Account ID (found under the Settings: Account tab) and support request number, however.

Given the latest Tether FUD (or not FUD, w/e), is Kraken considering to support other stablecoin pairings?

Such as TrueUSD for instance?
That would be, afaik among the first TUSD/Fiat pairs to exist.

Thank you.

While we are always open to adding new digital assets and pairs to our exchange, we never announce in advance which ones will be listed. Keep in mind that new assets and trading pairs are typically announced on our blog and Twitter, however.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 10:25:20 PM

Can we please remove the "Finish setting up your Kraken account" nag from the website?  It apparently wants me to do step three "Secure Your Funds" which is setup 2FA but I have been using google auth for login 2FA for quite a long time.  If I click the "Secure" button which is what it presumably is nagging me to do, then I end up on the security tab with a nag to setup the "global settings lock" but after looking at it I choose not to.  So how do I make the "Finish setting up your Kraken account" nag go away?  I obviously do not need to "Finish setting up my Kraken account" as I have been using it for literally years already.
kraken-conor

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 12:43:08 AM

Can we please remove the "Finish setting up your Kraken account" nag from the website?  It apparently wants me to do step three "Secure Your Funds" which is setup 2FA but I have been using google auth for login 2FA for quite a long time.  If I click the "Secure" button which is what it presumably is nagging me to do, then I end up on the security tab with a nag to setup the "global settings lock" but after looking at it I choose not to.  So how do I make the "Finish setting up your Kraken account" nag go away?  I obviously do not need to "Finish setting up my Kraken account" as I have been using it for literally years already.

Hi there. There are also options to set up 2FA for funding and trading, and an option to set a Master Key. You can find more information about these other 2FA methods here: https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000426923-Secure-your-account-with-Two-factor-Authentication-2FA-

After setting up all available security methods, the prompt will stop popping up.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 01:07:41 AM

Hi there. There are also options to set up 2FA for funding and trading, and an option to set a Master Key. You can find more information about these other 2FA methods here: https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000426923-Secure-your-account-with-Two-factor-Authentication-2FA-

After setting up all available security methods, the prompt will stop popping up.

Right I see that.  I don't want 2FA on everything, that seems excessive and annoying.  I just want the prompt to go away.  Are you saying I have to have 2FA on for every option to make it stop?
Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 »
  Print  

Jump to: