Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:04:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786806 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:49:48 PM

Wow,the X1 has price has gone UP Huh WTF Huh

$410 / 0.7092BTC

https://minersource.net/products/black-arrow-prospero-x-1-100gh-slash-s-batch-1

That's just crazy!!!!! And you won't see this miner till at least early May  Roll Eyes

I ordered on Dec 14 @ $352 each...........glad I got my refund last month  Grin

My Ants are rockin!!!!!!!  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:06:50 PM

$410 / 0.7092BTC

That's just crazy!!!!! And you won't see this miner till at least early May  Roll Eyes

I ordered on Dec 14 @ $352 each...........glad I got my refund last month  Grin

My Ants are rockin!!!!!!!  Cheesy

Those are batch 1 miners, the ones that should have been shipped by the end of the month. So you're basically paying to get toward the top of the list. Most likely miners that got freed up by giving refunds.

<Insert favorite coin here>
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 01:59:48 AM

$410 / 0.7092BTC

That's just crazy!!!!! And you won't see this miner till at least early May  Roll Eyes

Those are batch 1 miners, the ones that should have been shipped by the end of the month. So you're basically paying to get toward the top of the list. Most likely miners that got freed up by giving refunds.

Batch 1 or not, that is quite a ripoff price.  For roughly $120 more you'd get a brand new Antminer at 200 GH/s in a few days today.

I'm never pre-ordering anything again.  If it's not in hand, say no to the man!   Tongue

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:16:24 AM

$410 / 0.7092BTC

Batch 1 or not, that is quite a ripoff price.  For roughly $120 more you'd get a brand new Antminer at 200 GH/s in a few days today.

I'm never pre-ordering anything again.  If it's not in hand, say no to the man!   Tongue

at that price, you would actually be better off getting 100GH of cloud hashing, and not pay the electricity for 5 years.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:26:49 AM

$410 / 0.7092BTC

at that price, you would actually be better off getting 100GH of cloud hashing, and not pay the electricity for 5 years.

Problem with "cloudhashing"............you ARE paying for power,believe it!!  Roll Eyes  & you have NO hardware to resell  Sad

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
raskul

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:33:05 AM

Problem with "cloudhashing"............you ARE paying for power,believe it!!  Roll Eyes  & you have NO hardware to resell  Sad

that does depend on how you look at it. I only buy cloud GH using the BTC i've already mined, and the BTC I mine is in a DC with no power costs anyway.
For me, it's just an easy, quick means to bump up my hashpower, while btc price drops. Looking at the long term.. by the time the price of BTC rises again (don't ask me for my predictions, you won't like it!) I'll have accrued many! much! wow! hashpower compared to what I would have had if I'd saved to by more rigging.

but yes, it's more costly to buy cloud, depending on where you shop. And... a 100GH rig in 5 years time to resell?  Shocked

Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:40:49 AM

Problem with "cloudhashing"............you ARE paying for power,believe it!!  Roll Eyes  & you have NO hardware to resell  Sad

that does depend on how you look at it. I only buy cloud GH using the BTC i've already mined, and the BTC I mine is in a DC with no power costs anyway.
For me, it's just an easy, quick means to bump up my hashpower, while btc price drops. Looking at the long term.. by the time the price of BTC rises again (don't ask me for my predictions, you won't like it!) I'll have accrued many! much! wow! hashpower compared to what I would have had if I'd saved to by more rigging.

but yes, it's more costly to buy cloud, depending on where you shop. And... a 100GH rig in 5 years time to resell?  Shocked

I look every so often & I see no profit from "cloudhashing",unless you trade it...now your talking valuable time being consumed  Roll Eyes

If your holding mining equipment for 5 years,you missed "Mining ASIC's 101"  Cheesy

1-3 months max  Wink  Until network hashrate "parity" is reached...if that ever happens  Cry

raskul

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:44:24 AM

but yes, it's more costly to buy cloud, depending on where you shop. And... a 100GH rig in 5 years time to resell?  Shocked

I look every so often & I see no profit from "cloudhashing",unless you trade it...now your talking valuable time being consumed  Roll Eyes

If your holding mining equipment for 5 years,you missed "Mining ASIC's 101"  Cheesy

1-3 months max  Wink  Until network hashrate "parity" is reached...if that ever happens  Cry

well for 100GH, i'd be paying 0.08 BTC for 5 years electricity (if I were to compare the new price of the X1 against my cloud host.)
And I don't read 101's, I just do as I will. If all the world followed the same idiosyncrasies, we would be sheared for our wool and plated up with mint sauce.  

ADD: however, my comment was not designed to try to convince, or turn anyone from their own opinion, it was merely a flippant remark, stating a fact as I see it. So please don't take it as though I am trying to sell you anything  Kiss

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:45:52 AM

I look every so often & I see no profit from "cloudhashing",unless you trade it...now your talking valuable time being consumed  Roll Eyes

If your holding mining equipment for 5 years,you missed "Mining ASIC's 101"  Cheesy

1-3 months max  Wink  Until network hashrate "parity" is reached...if that ever happens  Cry

Cloudhashing is the only way in bitcoin mining to guarantee you get ripped off and don't see a profit.

Seriously I dare anyone to find a single person who has reached a positive ROI using any type of cloudmining.
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:04:59 PM

Cloudhashing and buying from BFL are the only ways in bitcoin mining to guarantee you get ripped off and don't see a profit.

Seriously I dare anyone to find a single person who has reached a positive ROI using any type of cloudmining.

FTFY...

shogunmark

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:59:58 PM

I have made a positive ROI from cloudhashing... Didn't even have to invest any BTC, just used my referral link and got others to buy GH/s so i could get the referral hash percentage. The only thing it cost me was a few minutes time.  Grin

But back on topic.

The latest news from BS BA does sound like a precursor to another delay. I hope i am wrong though
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:30:43 PM

Cloudhashing and buying from BFL are the only ways in bitcoin mining to guarantee you get ripped off and don't see a profit.

FTFY...

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:16:21 PM

Hi guys.. Have you seen that on the BS, sorry BA website ?

As far I remember, when I ordered the X-1, they announced around 0.5W/Gh, which was great, then , they moved to a 0.65W/Gh, and now :

Preliminary specifications:
Node process: 28nm High Performance Process
Package: High Performance Flip Chip BGA
Clock: 1.01 Ghz (Slow/Slow corner)
Voltage: 0.85V
Cores: 99 fully unrolled cores
Efficiency (including leakage): 0.75 W/Ghash/second

This means, the UPS I have bought, the electrical installation changes I have done are NOT corresponding ANYMORE to their new specifications !!! Also, they seem to have AGAIN delays, and worse, instead of concentrating their power to be "Just-In-Time", they have started a new project with LTC chips !

First time I invest on BSPO (Bullshit Pre-Orders), from firms that are unable to manage what they offered ! Not sure if I am going to ask for a refund from the sellers...

Still expecting news from Matt and the OFODB to be soon available (Old Fucking Orders Database)... And don't tell me that 6 months + 25% of hashing power will cover the losses I have had (UPS going to be overloaded, even I took one UPS with 25% more power as required !) ...

Angry Michel.

I would request a refund...

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:42:23 PM

As far I remember, when I ordered the X-1, they announced around 0.5W/Gh, which was great, then , they moved to a 0.65W/Gh, and now :

This means, the UPS I have bought, the electrical installation changes I have done are NOT corresponding ANYMORE to their new specifications !!! Also, they seem to have AGAIN delays, and worse, instead of concentrating their power to be "Just-In-Time", they have started a new project with LTC chips !

First time I invest on BSPO (Bullshit Pre-Orders), from firms that are unable to manage what they offered ! Not sure if I am going to ask for a refund from the sellers...

Still expecting news from Matt and the OFODB to be soon available (Old Fucking Orders Database)... And don't tell me that 6 months + 25% of hashing power will cover the losses I have had (UPS going to be overloaded, even I took one UPS with 25% more power as required !) ...

Angry Michel.

Good luck if requesting from Black Arrow, for Matt Carson handles the BA's ticket system. SERIOUSLY!!!
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:45:36 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 10:27:50 PM by K1773R

Angry Michel.

i have asked for a refund but no answer. they sometime read the ticket and set priority to the lowest.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
david105396

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:51:09 PM

Angry Michel.

Good luck if requesting from Black Arrow, for Matt Carson handles the BA's ticket system. SERIOUSLY!!!

Just to clarify, Matt Carson does not handle our support ticket system.

Black Arrow Support
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 10:45:39 PM

Angry Michel.

Just to clarify, Matt Carson does not handle our support ticket system.

We will offer local pickups- but we are moving to a massive new facility in CO, so pickups will have to be from there Smiley.

ALSO: I now have access to the BA ticket system, so if you need a response feel free to PM and I can at least check on the status for you.

Another fucking Romanian lie, just like when Matt Carson lied about not having two different warehouses in Missouri.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Well, I cancelled and got a full refund (minus 20 dollars) from Minersource, was pretty quick and painless.

Lucky for you..........

I've been dealing with Matt @ Minersource for 2.5 weeks...
Now that my order has been canceled.  Still no refund yet.

At one point, I got an email that wire is on my way (which I never received).
It was $49 off what I paid for my order.

Sad

This is exactly what I'm concerned about, cancelling but ending up with both no order spot and no money back.

bobsag3 / Matt

Please refund my money!
I just sent you another email!

Still no words/replies from Matt yet on the status of my refund.
I'm going to PM him on this forum just to make sure...........

He'll just reply with "No way, Jose!" then quote BA's stance on refunds. Remember, Matty Boy is just a vetted reseller. Correction! The first ever double-vetted Bitcoiner that was BA's first vetted reseller.

Any questions?

Q1: Yes, I have one. Who vetted him?
A1: Only John K., who's no longer around, and some new dude from Hawaii, the same state that John K. is from.
Q2: And this makes Matt viable?
A1: That and this:

Hookah. Check! Skype contacts. Check! Matt's first and second warehouse in Missouri being the same warehouse. Check!

Let's revisit Black Arrow's first trustworthy reseller, shall we?

From the desk of Bobsag3, a.k.a. Matt Carson, Black Arrow's first and #1 reseller for their miners.

<snip>

I never ended up moving to another warehouse in Rolla, just the one. We went right from small warehouse in rolla > denver warehouse in one move, early Jan.
We paid for every month, and if your in contact with who you should be to verify that kind of info, they will verify it. So yes, your blowing smoke up peoples asses.

And with that im done on the subject. I think people have seen im more than up front compared to most here- but lets stay on topic about BA, or about actual minersource orders.

Timeline of Matt Carson's datacenter locations. Originally posted in Black Arrow's self-moderated thread, but quickly deleted for being...wait for it..off-topic (and that I was trolling, so they claim). Black Arrow has proof that Matt Carson can NOT be trusted, but continue to use him as their official reseller in the US. If I were to use Tom Williams, of mybitcoin.com, as my official reseller for some product, stating that people change, would I be able to sell many product, Alex Sovu, of cardreaderfactory.com? Me, the asshole, no think so, yet...

BUILDING #1: Purchased the building, awaiting infrastructure.

Building was purchased today!
All the wiring and infrastructure equipment arrives tomorrow-Wednesday. Over 400lb. Poor UPS man

<snip>

Thanks- Ill be moving to a custom made facility here in under 3 weeks.

BUILDING #2: Moving to a better facility here (still in Missouri) located 90 miles away.

Major Update!

We will be moving to a much large, much better facility here by the end of the month. There may be a short down time (its only a 90mi drive) while being setup at the new facility, but we will not be turning anything off right up to the last minute.

Major Update!

We will be moving to a much large, much better facility here by the end of the month. There may be a short down time (its only a 90mi drive) while being setup at the new facility, but we will not be turning anything off right up to the last minute.

Building acquired Smiley

I cant answer on the software but I can on the shipping. Looks like the boards should be done here within 48 hours, and then will be dispatched after a small amount of testing to AUS, and me in the US. At least from me, all boards will then be tested again (Not sure how long... suggestions?) and then immediatly shipped out same day via UPS Next Day/2nd Day air [depending on location]. As soon as we know the boards are done, we can give  concrete delivery.

I'd sample test say 1/10th of the boards for a few hours on testnet.  That'd be my recommendation

Yeah I can do that. *might* be able to live stream, or atleast upload a ton of pictures.
I will be shipping from MO. Middle of the country, and if your anywhere close to me Im ok with local pickup Smiley.

And I just want to say guys - Barn has been working very hard behind the screens to bring this all together... this stuff is immensely complex.

Here we are, on November 18th, and Matt still has his datacenter in Missouri at the second facility:

<snip>

This is why I went from garage > warehouse > bigger warehouse. Heat is nuts.

Shenzhen, China    11/26/2013    8:05 P.M.   Departure Scan

Yea, but do the thumbs have any tracking info?  When you get the board delivery after a quick run though where are they coming from for you. I seem to expect California.
No idea on the thumbs- thats all Barn.
I will be shipping out from Central MO.

Does anyone have any details regarding power consumption. The genesis block calculator says expected power usage per unit to be 2100 watts. I am afraid for me that's not going to work. To be honest I was expecting something that would work on a residential 120v circuit. They also do not offer any hosting yet unfortunately.

I got ya covered Tongue
But yeah that is kind of silly. Im glad when I put my new facility together I decided to say fuck it and got all 240v

November 26th, edited on the 28th, Matt Carson is still in Missouri at the second facility: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347732.msg3723600#msg3723600

bobsag3: Vetted Co-op member. World's lowest hosting fees for vetted miner hosting at a professional colocation hosting facility in Missouri!  Official Black Arrow US Reseller and US Distributor for Drillbit Systems. New Pres. of our Mining Operations arm of our LLC. Providing R19 and R19B miners to the GB Forum!

And still upgrading his second facility:

<snip>

No problem. Im having a 400A 240V pannel installed just for the 2kw+ miners that seem to be coming out.

On December 12, 2013, fresh back from China, Matt Carson posted the following... BTW, still located in Missiouri:

This makes no sense financially and if it's going to be hosted in a data center it should be using specialized GPU mining racks that can run more GPUs per motherboard/CPU.  You really need open racks and to use PCI-E riser ribbons if you want to build a GPU mining rig, using a desktop computer case makes no sense especially because heat is a huge issue with scrypt mining.  Also to be honest, scrypt mining is VERY finicky compared to SHA256 mining, you're talking about constant lockups and crashes if heat isn't perfectly controlled.  The amount of time that's going to go into keeping everything running is going to be much higher than with bitcoins and given how the Bitfury towers already caused a ton of problems I'm not sure the coop has enough manpower to keep racks of scrypt miners up and running.

The new facility comes with me also having hired 6 more people to help out. I am currently training them right now.

On December 13, Matt Carson hired additional staff to work at his Missouri-based datacenter, to date not mentioning Denver even once.

<snip>

I am working with them right now for me to help with their tickets, so we can get the response time much faster. I have hired additional staff that start work here in a few weeks, and I know they are working hard to improve their systems.

I cant speak on the refunds unfortunately, I am still discussing the options with them.

Four hours later, Matt mentions for the first the move to Denver, right after somebody ask about local pickup since he lives in KC. Did his new hires move to Denver with him?

We will offer local pickups- but we are moving to a massive new facility in CO, so pickups will have to be from there Smiley.

ALSO: I now have access to the BA ticket system, so if you need a response feel free to PM and I can at least check on the status for you.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=288012

We are all moved into the new place, lots of updates and pictures to come!

BUILDING #3:

Somewhere in Colorado.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:36:43 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2016, 09:02:28 PM by Starlightbreaker

Angry Michel.

ya think?

almost 2 months and still waiting here.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:47:24 AM

I have made a positive ROI from cloudhashing... Didn't even have to invest any BTC, just used my referral link and got others to buy GH/s so i could get the referral hash percentage. The only thing it cost me was a few minutes time.  Grin

But back on topic.

The latest news from BS BA does sound like a precursor to another delay. I hope i am wrong though

That's the very definition of a pyramid scheme.

Hence the only reason cloudhashing is so successful.

The only way to profit is to pretend it is profitable and advertise the shit out of it.
david105396

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:24:55 AM

Phinnaeus Gage I think I miss understood you. By handle I thought you meant he was in charge of the support ticket system not that he has access to it. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Black Arrow Support
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: