Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:11:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 291 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread  (Read 597290 times)
BillTech

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:25:24 PM

hey guys kinda stuck with this error
tried bout everything

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error      
CDB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974      
D:\Program Files (x86)\Coins\Gridcoin\gridcoin-qt.exe in Runaway exception      

2014-06-07 09:55:04 EnvShutdown exception: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery (-30974)

seems to happen when blocks hit 22 weeks out

fresh install still gettin this with new version

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:40:20 PM

corrupt wallet, you need to start gridcoin with -salvagewallet

hey guys kinda stuck with this error
tried bout everything

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error       
CDB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974       
D:\Program Files (x86)\Coins\Gridcoin\gridcoin-qt.exe in Runaway exception       

2014-06-07 09:55:04 EnvShutdown exception: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery (-30974)

seems to happen when blocks hit 22 weeks out

fresh install still gettin this with new version
s4mmy

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:58:47 PM

Everybody remember to upgrade your wallet! Navigate help-> Debug window -> Console, then type upgrade.

If you go into upgrade loop for some reason add this line in gridcoin.conf: suppressupgrade=true.

Cheers!

ps. Remember to vote in MintPal!
SteadyAsSheGoes

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:01:25 PM

You're absolutely right. I could give you excuses, but the short and long of it is that we screwed up. I'll tweet a status update now.

Guess what. 11 days and counting. Still frozen..

12 days and counting. Still frozen.

I did finally get a response to my support ticket (after almost a week). And it's the most pathetic response I've ever seen:

Generally, markets can be frozen for a variety of reasons.  Oftentimes at the dev's request. The GRC Wallet is running, but we are having difficulties getting it to sync. There is no need to worry about the safety of your coin just because a market is frozen.  During this time, no transactions will happen.  When the market resumes, transactions might go through on their own, or you might have to ask for assistance

1. "there is no need to worry about the safety of your coin just because a market is frozen"
What the hell? You lock me out of my fund for 12 days and I do not need to worry? Obviously I do need to worry, because you are clearly very incompetent.

2. It's not even only about the safety of my coins. It's not like Poloniex is the only market that trades this coin. In the meanwhile, trading continues on other markets while I'm not able to touch my funds at all, FOR TWELVE DAYS (which is a lifetime in crypto)

3. When the market resumes, transactions might go through on their own, or you might have to ask for assistance
"When the market resumes, it might work, or it might not". Really? Yeah I surely could not have figured that one out myself.

This is so utterly ridiculous that I'm having trouble finding the right words for it. Unprofessional and incompetent don't quite cut it.
busoni

Activity: 364

Owner of Poloniex

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:28:37 PM

I've been updating people on Twitter and in this thread. The wallet is not syncing, I'm in contact with the dev. Transactions cannot be sent if the wallet does not sync. I'm sorry the market has been frozen for so long, but we're doing everything we can.

Poloniex.com - Fast crypto exchange with margin trading, advanced charts, and stop-limit orders
BillTech

Activity: 296

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:42:47 AM

just a heads up https://c-cex.com/ grc wallet fixed and working/trading
andrewp

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:34:01 AM

I've been updating people on Twitter and in this thread. The wallet is not syncing, I'm in contact with the dev. Transactions cannot be sent if the wallet does not sync. I'm sorry the market has been frozen for so long, but we're doing everything we can.

Hi Busoni,

Thanks for the communication and updates here.
You're doing a nice job with your exchange...mistakes just happen sometimes - we're all just people.

Keep up the good work,
A.

Proud Gridcoiner since 2013!
SteadyAsSheGoes

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:51:52 AM

Hi Busoni,

You're doing a nice job with your exchange...mistakes just happen sometimes - we're all just people.

Keep up the good work,
A.

Are you kidding me? They did not release *any* information about why the market was frozen, for more than a week. They also did not respond to any of my support tickets for more than a week. And you think they're doing "good work"? What a joke.
andrewp

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:02:55 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 12:53:03 PM by andrewp

Hi Busoni,

Keep up the good work,
A.

Are you kidding me? They did not release *any* information about why the market was frozen, for more than a week. They also did not respond to any of my support tickets for more than a week. And you think they're doing "good work"? What a joke.

Running an exchange is not an easy task and mistakes sometimes happen...that's how it is.

I really appreciate the way Busoni admited their mistake and apologized..that's something not many people would do and he has shown this quality more than once.

I get that you're pissed, I personally have some GRC there also, however posting here and counting every day that the market is frozen especially when the exchange has communicated what's going on at numerous places now, will not do anybody any good.

A.

Gridcoin (OP)

Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 01:38:02 PM

Hi Busoni,

Keep up the good work,
A.

Running an exchange is not an easy task and mistakes sometimes happen...that's how it is.

I really appreciate the way Busoni admited their mistake and apologized..that's something not many people would do and he has shown this quality more than once.

I get that you're pissed, I personally have some GRC there also, however posting here and counting every day that the market is frozen especially when the exchange has communicated what's going on at numerous places now, will not do anybody any good.

A.

Their gridcoind was missing a setting that we added in the last few months; they are adding it now; should not be much longer before they are synced.

Thanks,
Rob

Gridcoin: scientia humana libertas
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:42:34 PM

That is good to hear. I like trading @ poloniex.

Hi Busoni,

Keep up the good work,
A.

A.

Their gridcoind was missing a setting that we added in the last few months; they are adding it now; should not be much longer before they are synced.

Thanks,
Rob

SteadyAsSheGoes

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:25:45 PM

I disagree. There's still a big lack of transparency on their website - you really have to search for information before you find it. Moreover, not responding to support requests (as well as the numerous other ways of reaching out to them).. there's no excuse for that. I understand it happens, but the only logical course of action is that they take the fall for their mistakes, rather than leaving the problem with people who have no control over the situation at all (e.g. everyone who holds GRC at Poloniex). I have simply suggested they would return the BTC that I paid for the GRC coins, and they refuse that too. In other words: while they (now) admit they screwed up, they are not doing anything to let it be their problem rather than making their problem my problem.

It certainly does everybody some good, because before I started doing that, they were completely ignoring everything. I've given them plenty of chances to rectify the mess before I took anything public (I waited a whole week after opening tickets, sending messages on IRC, Twitter, etc - which all went ignored). It has already accomplished that they at least confirmed that they messed this up. But I simply will not stop there, because I'm not going to accept that I'm ending up taking the fall for their mistakes.

If you go to a restaurant (let's say you paid upfront for whatever reason) and they serve you uncooked food, you complain about it, and they respond "sorry, one of our suppliers has a problem and because of that we don't have any gas to cook on", then that would be kinda weird to begin with. You'd expect them to put a note at the entrance or that they inform you when you enter. If they neglect to do so and you complain about getting uncooked food, and they simply ignore you, then that gets even weirder. But if they then finally address your complaint, but still refuse to give you your money back, then the restaurant owner really is way out of line. It would make no sense whatsoever that the restaurant owner would make his problem a problem of his clients.

This situation with Poloniex is no different. They neglected to address my complaints before I took it public. Subsequently they admit they messed up, but refuse to return funds and just let me wait endlessly (which results in a loss for me even if I eventually get access to my GRC coins, since the value has dropped considerably during the time when my funds were inaccessible). In other words: they are making their problem, my problem. And I'm not going to sit here quietly until they fix it.

Additionally, another reason I'm not going to shut up about it, is because I consider it a responsibility to warn others about these practices. In my opinion no exchange should have the illusion that they can just hold funds just because they have a technical problem. There is no way anyone can even verify why a market is frozen (let alone for almost 2 weeks.. a lifetime in crypto), and what this situation essentially comes down to is that they can lock anyone out of their funds for an unspecified period of time for any reason at all. This situation, should be considered a risk of the exchange (considering they are in control), rather than a risk of a customer of the exchange. In my view it is completely unacceptable when ANY business defers an operational risk (like this current situation) to their clients, rather than taking the responsibility of carrying this risk themselves. I have also discussed this matter with several other large altcoin exchanges, and they completely agreed with my point of view (in terms of.. if they would end up in this situation, they would return the BTC that was paid for the coins (if that's what the user wants) rather than letting the user wait until they fixed their problem).

Therefore, unless and until Poloniex changes this policy of letting customers take the fall for the exchange's problems, I will simply be warning others about these practices, as I consider it a malicious way of conducting their business. When you send coins to Poloniex, you literally risk getting locked out of your funds if THEY mess up. Now, if they would be having issues with insolvency as a result of getting hacked or something like that, then it would be much more understandable that they can't take immediate action to help me solve the problems of their users. But in this situation, when they can but won't make it their own problem, that's unacceptable. In my opinion nobody should trust their funds with any party that won't take the fall for their mistakes.
marine4u

Activity: 673
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:37:20 PM

Gridcoin added to Bidcoind.com as a payment method to buy / sell goods and services with Gridcoin.

Generate buzz for Gridcoin by listing quality items for sale totaly free of charge and merchant mine MTC on the side,

www.bidcoind.com

Everyone is talking about merchant integration for their coin, saying that theirs will be the one,

well if you don't start to demonstrate merchant application for it, then who else will?
CPI - The Consumer Price Index for all Crypto Currencies, what will say more about a crypto currency when there is more quality stuff for sale in exchange.

The API for true trade volume based on actual goods and services. The real economic indicator for a crypto currency.
EXAMPLE:
"user wsxrfv made 1375 MTC at the current exchange rate of 0.17 USD per MTC just for listing an item for sale in exchange for Gridcoin."
Casper just listed an item for sale on Bidcoind.com, he is selling his old laptop in exchange for Gridcoin,
like that is not good enough he is mining 1 MTC block after block at the same rate as the Marinecoin network speed just for listing it.
if someone else does not list an item soon after him, Casper is going to be the richest man in the World.
Who's to stop Casper selling more items in exchange for Gridcoin
Merchant Mining, No hardware required, mineable for the next 1000 years just like the Marinecoin Network Mining.
PAYMENTS & MERCHANTS
pay Gridcoin direct to the seller no middle wallet. start small, gain more feedback comments and go bigger soon your reputation will speak for itself more coins for more positive feedbacks from buyers.

Win Win Win situation

Sell quality stuff for your coin and generate publicity for your favorite coin +1
Get more of the coins you like by selling your new or used items + 1
Get Marinecoins on the side by merchant mining them without extra effort +1

your accounts are credited 0.5 MTC as gift good for listing upto 5 items with basic settings.

make sure you enter a valid Marinecoin client wallet address during registration but not a mobile or web wallet,

no listings for illegal items,
no spam listings items with picture and detailed description ONLY
valid user registration, do not use fake names fake address your account will be suspended
this is as serious as Ebay
Lisitings of 14 days minimum or longer duration required to qualify for mining block rewards
No listings under crypto currencies category, exchanging coins is not a merchant activity.
You will get results within 180 blocks on the network about 6 hours on target network speed, delayed 180 blocks payouts gives time to delist unwanted or illegal listings and listers who spam the site just for getting MTC.

There is feedback area after each successful sale, seller and buyer can give each other feedbacks the more feedback you have the more coins you make by selling your stuff more easyly.

if more than 1 person lists an item during the same block interval they share the block reward of 1 MTC, how ever if more than 10 people list an item in order for you not to lose your listing fee of 0.1 MTC, the reward auto doubles to 0.2 for each seller,

list an item mine block after block until someone else lists an item,

you can sell your items for Gridcoin, you will still get merchant mined Marinecoins,

Mined coins auto cashout to your registered wallet when balance exceeds 5 MTC, but you can also cash out manually if you wish when your balance is below that.

goto www.marinecoin.org to download your MTC wallet to receive your Merchant Mining Block Rewards

then goto www.bidcoind.com register and list an item for sale in Gridcoin and wait for the MTC rewards to flood in to your wallet,

Enjoy
Bidcoind.com
direct contact the dev for any questions:
 info@bidcoind.com
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:16:05 PM

Looks like a decent site. Do you have an official support thread on bitcointalk? I might have some items I might list for GRC.

Gridcoin added to Bidcoind.com as a payment method to buy / sell goods and services with Gridcoin.

Generate buzz for Gridcoin by listing quality items for sale totaly free of charge and merchant mine MTC on the side,

www.bidcoind.com

Everyone is talking about merchant integration for their coin, saying that theirs will be the one,

well if you don't start to demonstrate merchant application for it, then who else will?
CPI - The Consumer Price Index for all Crypto Currencies, what will say more about a crypto currency when there is more quality stuff for sale in exchange.

The API for true trade volume based on actual goods and services. The real economic indicator for a crypto currency.
EXAMPLE:
"user wsxrfv made 1375 MTC at the current exchange rate of 0.17 USD per MTC just for listing an item for sale in exchange for Gridcoin."
Casper just listed an item for sale on Bidcoind.com, he is selling his old laptop in exchange for Gridcoin,
like that is not good enough he is mining 1 MTC block after block at the same rate as the Marinecoin network speed just for listing it.
if someone else does not list an item soon after him, Casper is going to be the richest man in the World.
Who's to stop Casper selling more items in exchange for Gridcoin
Merchant Mining, No hardware required, mineable for the next 1000 years just like the Marinecoin Network Mining.
PAYMENTS & MERCHANTS
pay Gridcoin direct to the seller no middle wallet. start small, gain more feedback comments and go bigger soon your reputation will speak for itself more coins for more positive feedbacks from buyers.

Win Win Win situation

Sell quality stuff for your coin and generate publicity for your favorite coin +1
Get more of the coins you like by selling your new or used items + 1
Get Marinecoins on the side by merchant mining them without extra effort +1

your accounts are credited 0.5 MTC as gift good for listing upto 5 items with basic settings.

make sure you enter a valid Marinecoin client wallet address during registration but not a mobile or web wallet,

no listings for illegal items,
no spam listings items with picture and detailed description ONLY
valid user registration, do not use fake names fake address your account will be suspended
this is as serious as Ebay
Lisitings of 14 days minimum or longer duration required to qualify for mining block rewards
No listings under crypto currencies category, exchanging coins is not a merchant activity.
You will get results within 180 blocks on the network about 6 hours on target network speed, delayed 180 blocks payouts gives time to delist unwanted or illegal listings and listers who spam the site just for getting MTC.

There is feedback area after each successful sale, seller and buyer can give each other feedbacks the more feedback you have the more coins you make by selling your stuff more easyly.

if more than 1 person lists an item during the same block interval they share the block reward of 1 MTC, how ever if more than 10 people list an item in order for you not to lose your listing fee of 0.1 MTC, the reward auto doubles to 0.2 for each seller,

list an item mine block after block until someone else lists an item,

you can sell your items for Gridcoin, you will still get merchant mined Marinecoins,

Mined coins auto cashout to your registered wallet when balance exceeds 5 MTC, but you can also cash out manually if you wish when your balance is below that.

goto www.marinecoin.org to download your MTC wallet to receive your Merchant Mining Block Rewards

then goto www.bidcoind.com register and list an item for sale in Gridcoin and wait for the MTC rewards to flood in to your wallet,

Enjoy
Bidcoind.com
direct contact the dev for any questions:
 info@bidcoind.com
tf2honeybadger

Activity: 189

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:00:52 PM

The GRC/BTC market has finally been unfrozen on Poloniex. We had a LOT of issues, including the source being unclean, file permissions being wrong in the source, the wallet checking for configs in the default datadir when we specified another one, and more. Hopefully this is the last time we run into these issues. Sorry for the very long delay.

Here is the market link:
https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_grc
Gridcoin (OP)

Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 08:36:26 PM

The GRC/BTC market has finally been unfrozen on Poloniex. We had a LOT of issues, including the source being unclean, file permissions being wrong in the source, the wallet checking for configs in the default datadir when we specified another one, and more. Hopefully this is the last time we run into these issues. Sorry for the very long delay.

Here is the market link:
https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_grc

Yes, I think you should assume the environment needs cleaned before building any coin.  I made sure to put that step in the instructions.  I can understand all the other issues however.

Thanks.

Gridcoin: scientia humana libertas
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:28:07 AM

I just got word that Gridcoin is now traded on https://www.rapidcx.com/exchange/gridcoin.

The charting looks pretty professional. Haven't traded on this exchange yet, but so far it is looking good. They have support phone numbers and are based out of Ottawa, Canada.
subotai

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:54:55 AM

Hm Is there a problem with http://pool.gridcoin.us/ , from morning i cannot login , always gives me  "Login failed"
andrewp

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:51:23 AM

Hm Is there a problem with http://pool.gridcoin.us/ , from morning i cannot login , always gives me  "Login failed"

There's no problem with the pool.. It's running fine for me.

A.

s4mmy

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:27:46 PM

11.1M points today. Great!

http://boincstats.com/fi/charts/-1/team/gainPerDay/118094994/chart.png
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 291 »
  Print  

Jump to: