Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 12:41:23 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread  (Read 550805 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1442

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:36:15 AM

i don't run this much but when i do it needs updates i think like last time a Boinc update was out.. assumed i should get it ?
point is i still think this coin is a bit hard to setup and maintain.. be nice if it would be dumbed down a bit more some how lol

also i run Cudaminer x64 (on any coin) Gridcoin hides the window from the desktop on me with Windows 7 x64 (still mining though just hidden)

i'd like to support this coin but i honestly feel like mining it is a pain in the ass and i still have not gotten cgminer running with it.. sorta
i did before briefly but since i don't find any blocks in an hr i shut it off and mined something else then after updating Boinc i am having issues again.
I don't have much effort for this ..if it takes too much time and energy i will move on.

Stream line it and dumb it down into a nice package and you could get a larger share of new crypto users drawn in to do some real work mining (unlike 98% of other coins)

stupid childish scammy joke gay fish doge flappy faggy coin crap ?

or do REAL scientific work like searching for life with Seti (or other Boinc pojects)
there is no choice ..at least for me anyway.
and ya i will sell my soul for cash no problem.. i just want more than these reddiots / doge tards are taking for their scamcoin support

Bottom line is it's a great idea and i wanted to do a Seti coin back in like July / Aug and i found out others thought of it too.. then i went on to other stuff (never even tried)

Support Gridcoin ? so far, i see no reason not to.

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andrewp

Activity: 144

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:38:19 AM

For anyone having trouble grabbing the newest MSI, I just rebuilt it and upgraded it to 8.66.

It has the new logo in it.

http://www.gridcoin.us/download/gridcoin.msi

Rob H.

-- I updated our logo on Page 1!  

Hi Rob,

just a suggestion...I think you should consider changing the wallet startup screen so it only shows the new logo, not the wallet picture with text that is there now.

Most of my miners are syncing just fine now..it seems that people have finally upgraded.

Andrew.

Proud Gridcoiner since 2013!
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:05:33 AM

http://pool.gridcoin.us/

where can i find some stats about the pool? for example hashrate, last block found, number of miners...etc?

thanks!

to log in, what user/pass should i use? user/pass i use in gridcoin.conf doesn't work...

What are you talking about? Did you register to the pool.gridcoin site? use those user/pass you made? Then add those user/pass to gridcoin.conf to mine for the pool

i'm sorry. I apologize.

.SPECTRE.                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
DreadLord

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:51:13 AM

For anyone having trouble grabbing the newest MSI, I just rebuilt it and upgraded it to 8.66.

Rob H.

If anyone has a sync issue, it is better to wait it out, don't try to rebuild your chain.  Gridcoin will recover after the orphans are purged.  Worst case scenario it recovers 20 mins later.

Once everyone upgrades, including the cpu miners, sleep should work the same as before scrypt_sleep.

Thanks,
Rob H.

Hi,

with this new version scrypt sleep is working fine, I just have one question, after sleep when miners start working the hash rate in mining console never rises again and WU in cgminers also stays at low hash.

In cgminer we have two displays of hash power, the first one recovers after sleep but the second one stay at low hash just like WU, I just don't know if I'm mining at the higher hash rate or at low hash rate since the hash rate announced by mining console of wallet is 1/2 of my normal hash rate.

And when difficulty is low ( EX: 200K ) I was finding some blocks and now I'm not finding them like before.

Sync is better but sometimes when wallet's are out of sync, I have found that they have been out of sync for more than 30 min, I steal need to restart wallet's to get synced again.

Thank you,

João G.
s4mmy

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:52:12 AM

where can i find some stats about the pool? for example hashrate, last block found, number of miners...etc?

thanks!

to log in, what user/pass should i use? user/pass i use in gridcoin.conf doesn't work...

What are you talking about? Did you register to the pool.gridcoin site? use those user/pass you made? Then add those user/pass to gridcoin.conf to mine for the pool

i'm sorry. I apologize.

There's no need to apologize Smiley I just didn't understand clearly what was your problem. Did my answer solve your problem btw?

Donate BTC: 18hLBMKpTRH9pi1myZHHcmk3kS9JGJLDoi
Donate GRC: G7aoEsY9zjr5td4bNPLmsbB2Dg8dg5EExB
andrewp

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:08:41 PM

Rob H.

If anyone has a sync issue, it is better to wait it out, don't try to rebuild your chain.  Gridcoin will recover after the orphans are purged.  Worst case scenario it recovers 20 mins later.

Once everyone upgrades, including the cpu miners, sleep should work the same as before scrypt_sleep.

Thanks,
Rob H.

Hi,

with this new version scrypt sleep is working fine, I just have one question, after sleep when miners start working the hash rate in mining console never rises again and WU in cgminers also stays at low hash.

In cgminer we have two displays of hash power, the first one recovers after sleep but the second one stay at low hash just like WU, I just don't know if I'm mining at the higher hash rate or at low hash rate since the hash rate announced by mining console of wallet is 1/2 of my normal hash rate.

And when difficulty is low ( EX: 200K ) I was finding some blocks and now I'm not finding them like before.

Sync is better but sometimes when wallet's are out of sync, I have found that they have been out of sync for more than 30 min, I steal need to restart wallet's to get synced again.

Thank you,

João G.

Hi Dreadlord,

The first hashrate(on the left) at cgminer shows the current hashrate and the second one(on the right) shows the average hashrate.
Also the average is shown in Gridcoin mining module.

It is normal to see the average go down since scrypt sleep is enabled, because the average is still calculated even when your GPUs are sleeping. However when they are working the actual hashrate is equal to the one you've been seeing before scrypt-sleep was live.

So everything is fine, don't worry about it. Smiley

Andrew.

DreadLord

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:35:37 PM

Rob H.

Thanks,
Rob H.

Hi,

Thank you,

João G.

Hi Dreadlord,

The first hashrate(on the left) at cgminer shows the current hashrate and the second one(on the right) shows the average hashrate.
Also the average is shown in Gridcoin mining module.

It is normal to see the average go down since scrypt sleep is enabled, because the average is still calculated even when your GPUs are sleeping. However when they are working the actual hashrate is equal to the one you've been seeing before scrypt-sleep was live.

So everything is fine, don't worry about it. Smiley

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for your reply, just to confirm that we are speaking the same hashrate, I'm talking about the one's after GPU 0 and GPU 1 and not the one's at the top.

And what about WU? This is not important?

Thank you,

João G.

EDITED: I have checked that they ( the second hashrate in cgminer ) are the same, they are the averaged hashrate.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:31:14 PM

thanks!

i'm sorry. I apologize.

There's no need to apologize Smiley I just didn't understand clearly what was your problem. Did my answer solve your problem btw?

yes, thanks for your help Smiley

.SPECTRE.                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
GRDMINER

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:04:20 PM

can you post screenshot?

just reinstall it!

Hi, i have a big problem!
I can see my wallet anymore! When i start it, appears only the icon! I can click on it even 1000 times, but nothing happens! I can't even see if my wallet is sync.
Instead, the "gridcoin mining module" works fine!

Can anybody help me?

i have just done it. Lastest version is 8.6 isn't it?

Anyways, nothing change Sad

yes, off course

If i click on "gridcoin portamonete" (portamonete = wallet in italian), nothing happen. When i start it, it appears only as icon!! Sad

edit: i'm not sure that the wallet is working

P.S: for now i'm only cpumining...

Is this working now? Do you see your wallet again?
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:06:10 PM

Damn, Poloniex got hacked too. It is good Gridcoin is on several exchanges now.

Crypto needs a decentralized exchange so badly.
customminer

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:14:50 PM

Has anyone managed to get gridcoin working on windows thin pc? (Official thin version of windows 7).

The issue i'm having is that the gridcoin wallet is saying there is an md5 error in reading the boinc md5. Is there a work around for this?

Are there any windows service dependancies for gridcoin?

And are there any pre-requisites other than .net 4.5?

Cheers Smiley

edit:
Aysyr asked me to administer the official twitter acc for Gridcoin.

Here it is: https://twitter.com/GridcoinNetwork

Any chance you could begin to tweet the gridcoin updates as they are released to stop forking of the network? Cheers : )
s4mmy

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:54:19 PM

Has anyone managed to get gridcoin working on windows thin pc? (Official thin version of windows 7).

The issue i'm having is that the gridcoin wallet is saying there is an md5 error in reading the boinc md5. Is there a work around for this?

Cheers Smiley

edit:

Any chance you could begin to tweet the gridcoin updates as they are released to stop forking of the network? Cheers : )

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1428-technical-support-thread/#entry9148

You could try that it is a bit old but worked for my friend atleast. Also have you configured in gridcoin.conf:
boincappfolder=C:\Program Files\Boinc\
boincdatafolder=D:\BOINC\'

of course change your own paths for those.

Donate BTC: 18hLBMKpTRH9pi1myZHHcmk3kS9JGJLDoi
Donate GRC: G7aoEsY9zjr5td4bNPLmsbB2Dg8dg5EExB
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:56:53 PM

I could do that.

Cheers Smiley

edit:

customminer

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:11:37 PM

Cheers Smiley

edit:

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1428-technical-support-thread/#entry9148

You could try that it is a bit old but worked for my friend atleast. Also have you configured in gridcoin.conf:
boincappfolder=C:\Program Files\Boinc\
boincdatafolder=D:\BOINC\'

of course change your own paths for those.

Yeah, i've got these in my gridcoin.conf file but it's made no difference.
Here's a screenshot:

The resolution does not affect the graphical glitching of the text; it'll go off screen. And the md5 error is persisting : /

If i'm able to get it working on win 7 thin, i could run it on plenty more computers.
andrewp

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:16:08 PM

The resolution does not affect the graphical glitching of the text; it'll go off screen. And the md5 error is persisting : /

If i'm able to get it working on win 7 thin, i could run it on plenty more computers.

Hi,

one more think you can try is taking possesion of those folders and making sure they are NOT 'read only'.
Also try running Gridcoin as administrator.

Hope this helps,
Andrew.

andrewp

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:17:36 PM

EDITED: I have checked that they ( the second hashrate in cgminer ) are the same, they are the averaged hashrate.

Hi João,

No problem. I'm glad I could help.

Andrew.

customminer

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:32:37 PM

Hi,

one more think you can try is taking possesion of those folders and making sure they are NOT 'read only'.

Hope this helps,
Andrew.

Alright, so i applied your suggestions and changed the resolution and it's fixed the text rendering issue, but the md5 error persists.

@gridcoin dev: Are there any windows services that are dependancies?
GRDMINER

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:39:05 PM

Hi,

Hope this helps,
Andrew.

Alright, so i applied your suggestions and changed the resolution and it's fixed the text rendering issue, but the md5 error persists.

I can remember that there are two libraries/files needs to be registered boinc.dll and boinc.tlb with (with admin command line):
regasm boinc.dll
regtlibv12 boinc.tlb
Usuallay this is done by the installer but maybe it failed?
customminer

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:59:42 PM

Hi,

Hope this helps,
Andrew.

I can remember that there are two libraries/files needs to be registered boinc.dll and boinc.tlb with (with admin command line):
regasm boinc.dll
regtlibv12 boinc.tlb
Usuallay this is done by the installer but maybe it failed?

Just applied the changes you suggested and haven't gotten past the boinc md5 error : /

Any chances this is because it's 32bit not 64bit? I've got 64bit win7 ultimate working fine.
andrewp

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:02:57 PM

I've had 64bit versions on all of my machines and never had this problem as long as the path in gridcoin.conf was correct.

Andrew.

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.