Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2017, 07:57:54 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 275 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread  (Read 552892 times)
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:30:12 PM

With cpumining you will have to create an acc for each computer. So you have to do it the long way unfortunately. Actually you are getting rewarded more if you put down more points then others. Cpuminers compete amongst each other, once the number of cpu miners rises even more you will start to notice it.

Hey,
I've got lots of computers sitting about, but no graphics cards for them.
I've been trying to get gridcoin running on all of them, but the issue i've run into is that CPU mining seems to only be made for one computer per account..

How should I go about implementing gridcoin on all of my computers so I can get paid for participating in BOINC?</p>
I've replicated the gridcoin wallet across all of the computers so that my gridcoin account recieving address is on all of them, but looking into CPU mining more in depth, it would appear i'd only get paid once for that recieving address despite multiple computers being connecting to it.

So, am I going to have to create 10+ boinc accounts for each boinc project and join the gridcoin team each time? With seperate gridcoin installations? That seems very long winded to me : (

Edit: Also, why is it that high-performing boinc participating is not rewarded appropriately? I'm doing 100k points/day on one rig and 300k points/day on the other gpu rig for boinc, but it's not taken into account.. GPUs are only used for scrypt? : /

Regards,

Customminer.
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
customminer

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:40:28 PM

Is it 150grc reward per boinc cpu mining project? Or is it just 150grc in total?

With cpumining you will have to create an acc for each computer. So you have to do it the long way unfortunately. Actually you are getting rewarded more if you put down more points then others. Cpuminers compete amongst each other, once the number of cpu miners rises even more you will start to notice it.

Hey,
I've been trying to get gridcoin running on all of them, but the issue i've run into is that CPU mining seems to only be made for one computer per account..

How should I go about implementing gridcoin on all of my computers so I can get paid for participating in BOINC?</p>
I've replicated the gridcoin wallet across all of the computers so that my gridcoin account recieving address is on all of them, but looking into CPU mining more in depth, it would appear i'd only get paid once for that recieving address despite multiple computers being connecting to it.

So, am I going to have to create 10+ boinc accounts for each boinc project and join the gridcoin team each time? With seperate gridcoin installations? That seems very long winded to me : (

Edit: Also, why is it that high-performing boinc participating is not rewarded appropriately? I'm doing 100k points/day on one rig and 300k points/day on the other gpu rig for boinc, but it's not taken into account.. GPUs are only used for scrypt? : /

Regards,

Customminer.
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:44:58 PM

I think there is 576 blocks assigned for the cpu miners and they are divided amongst all the cpuminers based on how much they donated. So the more cpuminers there are on the network the more credits you have to get to get a larger share of the pie. That promotes competition for the cpu miners to donate more to Boinc
projects.

Is it 150grc reward per boinc cpu mining project? Or is it just 150grc in total?

Hey,

Regards,

Customminer.
customminer

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:00:41 PM

Cool sounds good.

I think a more aggressive stance should be taken against gpu miners with gridcoin. Currently you need what, like 1000 boinc points to get 100% boinc utilisation to get the max 150grc/block. I can get easily 100k from running 4 7950's on boinc alongside 100% scrypt mining, and 300k boinc points/day with the same tech configuration on windows 7. I think it should be significantly raised to like 50,000 boinc points/day to get the full 150 block reward size. This will seriously boost our boinc team stats, and will make it less easy to mine the heck out of GRC with gpus with little contribution to boinc.

I think there is 576 blocks assigned for the cpu miners and they are divided amongst all the cpuminers based on how much they donated. So the more cpuminers there are on the network the more credits you have to get to get a larger share of the pie. That promotes competition for the cpu miners to donate more to Boinc
projects.

Hey,

Regards,

Customminer.
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:13:05 PM

I agree 1000 is a little low. Even with mediocre gpu you can get prog 5-10k daily credits. Maybe 5-10k per day might be a good number.

Cool sounds good.

I think a more aggressive stance should be taken against gpu miners with gridcoin. Currently you need what, like 1000 boinc points to get 100% boinc utilisation to get the max 150grc/block. I can get easily 100k from running 4 7950's on boinc alongside 100% scrypt mining, and 300k boinc points/day with the same tech configuration on windows 7. I think it should be significantly raised to like 50,000 boinc points/day to get the full 150 block reward size. This will seriously boost our boinc team stats, and will make it less easy to mine the heck out of GRC with gpus with little contribution to boinc.

projects.

Hey,

Regards,

Customminer.
customminer

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:24:08 PM

0-5k = 5grc/block
5k-10k = 10grc/block
10k-25k = 25grc/block
25k-50k = 50grc/block
50k-75k = 75grc/block
75k-100k = 100grc/block
100k-125k = 125grc/block
125k-150k = 150grc/block

I think the above would be quite suitable.. It'd really drive users to contribute far more towards boinc resources.
On another note, i've been contributing quite a lot towards www.reddit.com/r/gridcoin if we could all regularly have a presence there it'd be great!

I've posted a couple bounties for gridcoin on there to the sum of a couple btc!

I agree 1000 is a little low. Even with mediocre gpu you can get prog 5-10k daily credits. Maybe 5-10k per day might be a good number.

Cool sounds good.

projects.

Hey,

Regards,

Customminer.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 10:05:59 PM

http://pool.gridcoin.us/Main.aspx

i have a few computers with only CPU. Does it worth to try to mine on that pool? And if yes how do i mine?
s4mmy

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:10:07 PM

i have a few computers with only CPU. Does it worth to try to mine on that pool? And if yes how do i mine?

Forget pool mining and use this tutorial: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1922-cpu-mining-tutorialtopic/

The idea is that you use all your cpu power towards boinc and get gridcoins as reward!

Donate BTC: 18hLBMKpTRH9pi1myZHHcmk3kS9JGJLDoi
Donate GRC: G7aoEsY9zjr5td4bNPLmsbB2Dg8dg5EExB
s4mmy

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:13:24 PM

0-5k = 5grc/block
5k-10k = 10grc/block
10k-25k = 25grc/block
25k-50k = 50grc/block
50k-75k = 75grc/block
75k-100k = 100grc/block
100k-125k = 125grc/block
125k-150k = 150grc/block

I have 3570k/4.3ghz running 24/7 and I got about 6-7k RAC so you think I should get only 10grc/block? sorry but lol...

I think 1k is too low it should be something like 2-3k and that's only my opinion.

but thanks for boosting mintpal voting!

traderman
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:33:13 PM

I agree, just do cpu mining and you can get 150 grc per day. Unless you have a nice GPU I would advise against the pool.

Forget pool mining and use this tutorial: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1922-cpu-mining-tutorialtopic/

The idea is that you use all your cpu power towards boinc and get gridcoins as reward!
customminer

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:43:56 PM

0-5k = 5grc/block
5k-10k = 10grc/block
10k-25k = 25grc/block
25k-50k = 50grc/block
50k-75k = 75grc/block
75k-100k = 100grc/block
100k-125k = 125grc/block
125k-150k = 150grc/block

I have 3570k/4.3ghz running 24/7 and I got about 6-7k RAC so you think I should get only 10grc/block? sorry but lol...

I think 1k is too low it should be something like 2-3k and that's only my opinion.

No problem about the mintpal voting Wink

Are you talking about cpu mining? I'm refering to gpu mining. CPU mining should stay the way it is, i'm just proposing we push the gpu miners to utilise their gpus more than they currently are.

Edit: On another note, would it benefit the GRC community if I hosted a supernode VM? Anyone know how I'd go about doing so? I've got monthly azure credits I can put towards the cause! : )
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:48:57 PM

The gpu miners can definitely do a hell of a lot more than a measly 1k credits per day. I definitely think the 1k limit should be raised higher.

0-5k = 5grc/block
5k-10k = 10grc/block
10k-25k = 25grc/block
25k-50k = 50grc/block
50k-75k = 75grc/block
75k-100k = 100grc/block
100k-125k = 125grc/block
125k-150k = 150grc/block

No problem about the mintpal voting Wink

Are you talking about cpu mining? I'm refering to gpu mining. CPU mining should stay the way it is, i'm just proposing we push the gpu miners to utilise their gpus more than they currently are.
s4mmy

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:54:29 PM

customminer have you looked at the scrypt sleep that is coming? I think that's the thing you are looking for. Those who provide most points to boinc gets the most time to mine grc.

Those who are "sleeping" will calculate boinc when they are sleeping. Thats why we have the leaderboard.

customminer

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:04:41 PM

customminer have you looked at the scrypt sleep that is coming? I think that's the thing you are looking for. Those who provide most points to boinc gets the most time to mine grc.

Those who are "sleeping" will calculate boinc when they are sleeping. Thats why we have the leaderboard.

I've tried looking for a whitepaper, or a technical description on scrypt sleep but i've been unable to find any conclusive information on it.
Could you point me in the right direction? I'm most certainly looking forwards to this feature! : )
Gridcoin

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 01:21:07 AM

New Version Available:
[1.1.6.6/83/8.6]
- Added a key called 'RestartMinersWaitDelay' for Typhoon in Milliseconds.  To use: restartminerswaitdelay=3000 for example will wait 3 seconds between miner launches.
- Added Boinc GPU controller, to notify BOINC to use all GPUs when Gridcoin is sleeping, and to disable GPU use when Gridcoin is working
   (To verify, go to Advanced | Tools | Computing Preferences | Verify checkbox value of "Use GPU While Computer is in Use")
- Updated Gridcoin.us total estimated currency units
- Added Scrypt Sleep New User Bridge feature to estimate sleep level while user is looking for first block
- Modified the Leaderboard to honor Web Pool Mined block boinc information (GRCAddress, Project info, etc) - this allows scrypt sleep to continue to be accurate if the user decides to pool mine 100%

Gridcoin: scientia humana libertas
Gridcoin

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 01:27:15 AM

I've tried looking for a whitepaper, or a technical description on scrypt sleep but i've been unable to find any conclusive information on it.
Could you point me in the right direction? I'm most certainly looking forwards to this feature! : )
Been looking for the whitepaper for scrypt_sleep; it's somewhere on cryptocointalk, in the mean time:
The current block hash suffix of 3 bytes is converted to decimal and divided by 40.96.  It is compared to your leaderboard sleep position (50-100).
If your leaderboard level > network_sleep_level, your GPU cards are directed to Work otherwise sleep.
The command is sent through the cgminer API to all the cards.
Blocks are checked using a similar verification function by GRC address and leaderboard position.

The idea is to allow 33% of our network to sleep instead of hash, and while sleeping, the GPU cards are set to full throttle use inside boinc.  The controller feature reconfigures boinc during the sleep cycle.
Obviously you have to run Radeon boinc projects for that to work.

chiznitz

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 01:27:35 AM

I'm considering adding this to my exchange.

how do I get it to not popup the bigass mining window?

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
Gridcoin

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 01:30:33 AM

I do have that request on my list and it almost made it in this release and I didn't quite get to it.

I'll add it asap.

Right now it does come up every time you boot qt.

Usually exchanges run gridcoind.  Please see if that will work?

chiznitz

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 01:34:58 AM

I'm a windows exchange Tongue  didn't see a windows daemon

www.cryptoaltex.com should have the coin listed tonight.  We launched on Monday with blackcoin not expecting much volume, we were handling over 130BTC volume by Tuesday with over 1200 users.  Now that the volume is gone we went and fixed/made stuff more efficient that we noticed would hamper us in the future.  We should be doing some maintenance tonight at which time we will be adding GridCoin Smiley

I've been watching this project for a long time as one of my favorite coins/concepts.

Good work all Smiley

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:21:02 AM

Hey Rob,

You should update the first post of this thread with the new logo and add poloniex and openex to the exchanges list.

I do have that request on my list and it almost made it in this release and I didn't quite get to it.

I'll add it asap.

Right now it does come up every time you boot qt.

Usually exchanges run gridcoind.  Please see if that will work?

Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 275 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.