Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:24:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HitBTC.com - The most advanced cryptocurrency exchange  (Read 109470 times)
hitbtc (OP)

Activity: 525
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 08:45:25 AM

Hitbtc guys/girls:

I'm EvilDave, one of the marketing/conference team from NXT:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587007.0

We met some of your representatives at the Bitcoin2014 conference last weekend, (which was brilliant, btw) and had a little chat.
We're definitely impressed by hitbtc and would love to have a listing for NXT on hitbtcs fiat markets, so NXT<>EUR/USD.

As you might have noticed, NXT (together with Blackcoin and DOGE) have been rocking your voting page:
https://hitbtc.com/vote
and I'm curious as to what plans you guys have for listing new crypto's on hitbtc ?

I'm all about the co-operation within crypto these days, so I see the massive interest in you from all 3 crypto's as a good thing, and I'd like to see all of the top 3 voted currencies listed on hitbtc, to be honest.
That just makes the potential markets that much bigger for everyone and we all win.

Anyhow, could you give us some information about your plans ?
I have spoken to one of your project representatives by phone a couple of days ago, and so I understand that you are all very busy right now.

Keep up the good work, mate, love your exchange.

EvilDave.

Dear EvilDave,

We are going to pick our next trading currency in next few weeks from the top of the voting and add it to exchange. But voting will continue again and again and we will add every top new coin every 2-3 weeks.

Thank you for choosing our service,
The "hitbtc" team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HerrAndreas

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:02:57 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 02:05:42 PM by HerrAndreas

hello hitbtc,

So are there any news on the legality [EDIT to avoid confusion in terminology:] legal status of the company behind hitbtc.com?

Unfortunately you did not manage to answer the concerns raised on the previous pages of this thread about who actually runs hitbtc.com (and who could be contacted, if for one reason or another your website went offline).

It is ofcourse the case with other exchanges (just taking btc-e.com as an example), that traders have come to terms with the fact that they do not know who they are sending money (or btc) to when they deposit to their trading accounts. If those exchanges went offline due to technical issues, bad management, or straight out fraud (all three things have happened before) users stand a high chance of being permanently parted from any funds they would have held at such an exchange. This a risk which not few users are willing to take for the sake of anonymity or chances of profit.

Hitbtc.com has taken the approach of presenting itself as a legitimate operation and has always claimed to be run by a registered company (originally ULLUS CORP from Panama and later on by HIT Technologies K/S from Denmark) even bearing a license as financial institution in Hong Kong. This approach is something I consider to be an extremely good and most welcome idea because it brings the bitcoin economy within the scope of more potential users who might be scared to send money to someone they do not know anything about.  

BUT (there is always a big BUT), reality (hard and publicly accessible) facts do not seem to live up to these claims.

1. HIT Technologies K/S is not in the danish company register (as has been pointed out by another poster before) and therefore not a registered company in Denmark. absolutely no arguing about that.

2. beneficiary of deposits is anyway ullus corporation in Panama ("ullus" is btw latin for "any"). So that is where customers money is kept.

3. trade volume on hitbtc.com has been subject to many speculations and fuel to rumors, as it seemed completely immune to the market until the 14th/15th of may when it dropped from a steady daily 1000 btc to about a third of that (Just saying "it is normal" when it is most obviously everything but is not an adequate reply).

This is not an "unfriendly attack" on your organisation (as you did reply to one user who asked for information before).
This is not asking you to unveil any secret (aka non-public) internal organisational details.
This is just asking you to live up to the expectations you yourself have created in the first place.

p.s.: please do not answer by posting your compliance or support email and telling me to ask you those questions in the privacy of an one-on-one email conversation. I did exactly that last week and apart from your support person saying that the issues raised by me were sent to the management nothing happened at all.

Please just answer by answering.

It is like the wild west in the movies, like russia in the 90ies.
It´s you, revolutionaries, scamers, gangsters, genuises, greedy soon-to-be loosers, billionares, and  big business at a global private party. It is bitcoin. http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/dont-panic/
HerrAndreas

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:24:09 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 02:01:40 PM by HerrAndreas

[EDIT: for some reason the comprehensive reply to my concerns above by hitbtc was deleted again. Looks like we are exactly where we were before. not cool.]

thank you for your reply.

I am very glad, that you have adopted this approach to questions raised.
As stated before my intent is not in the least to insult or attack hitbtc.com, but to get answers in regard to questions which are fundamental to my decision to trust you with my money.
As the evolution of this thread has shown I am not alone with this sentment and for this I must applaude your public and more important comprehensive answer.

Concerning your handling of deposits, withdrawals, and the technical aspects of your platform. I never was given reason to doubt your professionalsim. On the contrary. In my view you are doing an excellent job at those subjects.  I hope you can manage to keep up the standards you have established.
I will gladly look into the details for the companies you have provided and continue business with you if what I find fits my risk propensity.

For the time being I wish you good luck with your ventures and hope for you to uphold this open approach.

HerrAndreas.

It is like the wild west in the movies, like russia in the 90ies.
It´s you, revolutionaries, scamers, gangsters, genuises, greedy soon-to-be loosers, billionares, and  big business at a global private party. It is bitcoin. http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/dont-panic/
Schwede65

Activity: 309

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:14:40 PM

now i am nearly really finished with this suspicious service

1. issue: 21.05.2014
only ~ 13.34 % of my EURO-withdraw was sent to my bank account
the rest of that money after e-mail-conversation - the same day - so far so good

2. issue: 26.05.2014
my BTC-deposit is not shown at my account - for now 23 hours
first e-mail-conversation - yesterday after 6 btc-confimations with the details of the transaction
second e-mail-conversation - today with smooth gox-like sentences that i will be informed when the issue is solved

hey wake up now - where is the real problem to show up a BTC-deposit at my account?

i have had some very bad experiences with MtGox in the past - i don't like repeating it!
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1567

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 07:55:12 PM

hello hitbtc,

So are there any news on the legality [EDIT to avoid confusion in terminology:] legal status of the company behind hitbtc.com?

This (+rest of the post)

There's no info on who owns the business stated on the website. I believe it's illegal in EU (not sure about US) to run any kind of online business without stating such info.

I would discourage anyone from using this site until they get this sorted out.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
hitbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 07:56:51 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 09:57:44 AM by hitbtc

the rest of that money after e-mail-conversation - the same day - so far so good
first e-mail-conversation - yesterday after 6 btc-confimations with the details of the transaction
second e-mail-conversation - today with smooth gox-like sentences that i will be informed when the issue is solved
hey wake up now - where is the real problem to show up a BTC-deposit at my account?
i have had some very bad experiences with MtGox in the past - i don't like repeating it!

Dear Schwede65,

Please provide us with your user ID using the Private messages.
Thank you in advance!

The "hitbtc" team

Schwede65

Activity: 309

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:03:52 PM

Dear Schwede65,

Please provide us with your user ID using the Private messages.
Thank you in advance!

The "hitbtc" team

funds shown up - o.k. - thanks
hitbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:13:45 PM

funds shown up - o.k. - thanks

Dear Schwede65,

You are always welcome!
Please contact the Support for faster assistance Smiley

The "hitbtc" team

hitbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 08:23:20 AM

Dear Friends,

Next week we are going to release a very important feature on our site and we need your help to make it happen!

The feature is a localized interface. The first languages included in this release are Spanish, French, German and Chinese. We are looking for people who can help us make the translation accurate and adequate.

Parties interested in helping us are invited to contact us at support@hitbtc.com and will receive rebates on trading fees or a compensation in Bitcoins.

The "hitbtc" team

C. Bergmann

Activity: 803
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:33:35 PM

[EDIT: for some reason the comprehensive reply to my concerns above by hitbtc was deleted again. Looks like we are exactly where we were before. not cool.]

thank you for your reply.

I am very glad, that you have adopted this approach to questions raised.
As stated before my intent is not in the least to insult or attack hitbtc.com, but to get answers in regard to questions which are fundamental to my decision to trust you with my money.
As the evolution of this thread has shown I am not alone with this sentment and for this I must applaude your public and more important comprehensive answer.

Concerning your handling of deposits, withdrawals, and the technical aspects of your platform. I never was given reason to doubt your professionalsim. On the contrary. In my view you are doing an excellent job at those subjects.  I hope you can manage to keep up the standards you have established.
I will gladly look into the details for the companies you have provided and continue business with you if what I find fits my risk propensity.

For the time being I wish you good luck with your ventures and hope for you to uphold this open approach.

HerrAndreas.

Nothing new about this?

▄▄████▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄▄
▄█████▀▀            ▀▀█████▄
▄███▀       ▄████▄       ▀███▄
███      ▄██████████▄      ███
███    ▄██████████████▄    ███
███    ████████████████    ███
███    ▀██████████████▀    ███
███      ▀██████████▀      ███
▀███▄       ▀████▀       ▄███▀
▀█████▄▄            ▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀████▀▀
Gabro███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
WHITEPAPER
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TOKEN SALES
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
hitbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 09:41:38 AM

Nothing new about this?

Dear C. Bergmann,

We have PM'd you with more detailed answer.

The "hitbtc" team

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:47:34 AM

Dear users!

Authorized countries for distribution by or to any person or company within:

·        Africa (Algeria,Central African Republic, Mauritius, Morocco, Seychelles, Tunisia)

·        Asia (China, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan,South Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Maldives, Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, United Arab Emirates)

·        Europe (Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania,Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City)

·        North America (USA, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Panama, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines)

·        Oceania (Australia, Fiji, New Zealand)

·        South America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay, Venezuela)

Not authorized for distribution by or to any person or company in FATF blacklist countries.

Why India, Bangladesh & Pakistan are not part of the list ?

hitbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 10:07:25 AM

Why India, Bangladesh & Pakistan are not part of the list ?

Dear BitCoinDream,

We accept payments from India and Bangladesh. The list is only informational.

The "hitbtc" team

hitbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 11:30:26 AM

Dear All,

DOGE is the first alt-coin to be added from our voting!
Continue to vote to find out next coin to added on our exchange.
https://hitbtc.com/vote

The "hitbtc" team

hitbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 03:30:04 PM

Traders Challenge is over!

We are happy to announce the final results of the Virtual Traders’ Challenge.

The competition lasted for a month and more than 250 traders participated in the event. We congratulate winners who were chosen based on their trading aptitudes.

Check out winners and full leaderboard on the challenge page.

The "hitbtc" team

klaasic

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:55:34 PM

Sweet sweet justice has been served. Great job in identifying all the cheaters guys!
I was seriously depressed for a few days, because I thought all of my hard work seemed to be in vain.
But in the end everything worked out fine and I rightfully got my prize for most efficient trader. Great day. Thanks HitBtc!
kleineaap

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:39:01 PM

I suggest adding VRC to the voting.
Send the suggestion also via the website.

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
hitbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:17:19 PM

I suggest adding VRC to the voting.
Send the suggestion also via the website.

Dear kleineaap,

Thank you for the currency suggestion!
We regularly add new suggested currencies to the Voting.

The "hitbtc" team

ClubCrypto

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:22:11 AM

Hi
I worry a bit about security, can you tell more about security methods? I only see info about two-step verification and SSL…. Huh
hitbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 11:06:41 AM

Hi
I worry a bit about security, can you tell more about security methods? I only see info about two-step verification and SSL…. Huh

Dear ClubCrypto,

We use two-factor authentication to protect users' password; SSL to protect important information from capturing. Inside the exchange the complex data protection methods are used: multifactor authentication for administrators; cold wallet is used to protect the funds. Would you mind clarifying what exactly are you interested in?

The "hitbtc" team

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: