Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:46:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840291 times)
earthcoin (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 10:52:44 AM

Reminder that Earthcoin has a new program to support unpaid interns. Please spread the word.

This program will give them the support they need while giving employers an easy way to pay their interns a living wage. As part of this program, we will encourage retailers to accept EAC and help find interns find venues that accept EAC. This fits in with our mission statement, which includes the idea that everybody deserves a chance to be compensated fairly for his or her efforts. For details, please visit us here:

https://earthcointalk.org/earthcoin-program-to-support-unpaid-interns/

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:10:45 PM

Reminder that Earthcoin has a new program to support unpaid interns. Please spread the word.

This program will give them the support they need while giving employers an easy way to pay their interns a living wage. As part of this program, we will encourage retailers to accept EAC and help find interns find venues that accept EAC. This fits in with our mission statement, which includes the idea that everybody deserves a chance to be compensated fairly for his or her efforts. For details, please visit us here:

How many have signed up yet? How do you promote it?
volunteering2014

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:34:06 PM

Hi guys!!!

Time for an update on the sponsorship for the jaguar rescue center project.
First of all…the community collected 100 000 EAC for the center.
A few months ago, these 100 000 EAC were a nice amount of money, about 400$ at some point.
Unfortunately, EAC went through some rough times and today these 100 000 EAC are worth about 1,3$...
The most important thing though, is that every donated EAC is a sign of a  warm hearted community!!!

So, what’s next? Our plans did not change because of this! We will still support EAC, as promised!
We leave for Costa Rica, the 5th of september and will be working as volunteers in the Jaguar Rescue Center for 1 month.
We will be wearing EAC t-shirts during our work with the animals and post some of these movies on youtube.
Afterwards, we can use the material to make a promotional film or something like that!
We will also post pictures and movies in the main forum on bitcointalk.
I’m also open for new ideas in order to promote EAC!

Regards

Robbie & Debbie
TamB

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:46:32 PM

Hi guys!!!

A few months ago, these 100 000 EAC were a nice amount of money, about 400$ at some point.
Unfortunately, EAC went through some rough times and today these 100 000 EAC are worth about 1,3$...
The most important thing though, is that every donated EAC is a sign of a  warm hearted community!!!

So, what’s next? Our plans did not change because of this! We will still support EAC, as promised!
We leave for Costa Rica, the 5th of september and will be working as volunteers in the Jaguar Rescue Center for 1 month.
We will be wearing EAC t-shirts during our work with the animals and post some of these movies on youtube.
Afterwards, we can use the material to make a promotional film or something like that!

Regards

Robbie & Debbie

Thanks for the update Robbie and Debbie - FYI, websites for the Jaguar Rescue Center are:

http://www.jaguarrescue.com/

http://getearthcoin.com/foundation/jaguar-rescue-center

https://earthcointalk.org/groups/sponsorship-for-our-volunteering-the-jaguar-rescue-center/forum/topic/1000000-eac-for-our-volunteering-project/
TamB

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:50:21 PM

How many have signed up yet? How do you promote it?

We negotiate projects for this program individually and cannot publicize until discussions are complete. We will of course announce then.

In the meantime, any interns or employers who would like to try the program can write to me.
TamB

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:32:01 PM

FYI, we have a winner in the name Earthcoin's smallest denomination contest - he's been contacted to receive his EAC 700K.

The satoshi equivalent for EAC will be 'grain.' So 0.00000001 EAC = 1 Grain.

As you may know, a 'grain' was an ancient measurement, based on a grain of wheat, for denoting the smallest part of a troy ounce of gold and other systems for weighing gold.

I see your reason to invent the name for the smallest unit of Earthcoin. I see your reason not to use Satoshi for that. The only thing I can't understand is why you picked another coins name? Yes, this word is not registered tm or whatever, but it is already used by the Grain Coin longer than Earthcoin blockchain exist.

Yes, we know that. The community nominated that name, among others, and the community voted for this name; so we accepted it.
shtako

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:47:48 PM

FYI, we have a winner in the name Earthcoin's smallest denomination contest - he's been contacted to receive his EAC 700K.

As you may know, a 'grain' was an ancient measurement, based on a grain of wheat, for denoting the smallest part of a troy ounce of gold and other systems for weighing gold.

I see your reason to invent the name for the smallest unit of Earthcoin. I see your reason not to use Satoshi for that. The only thing I can't understand is why you picked another coins name? Yes, this word is not registered tm or whatever, but it is already used by the Grain Coin longer than Earthcoin blockchain exist.

Yes, we know that. The community nominated that name, among others, and the community voted for this name; so we accepted it.

Graincoin is dead. Zero exchanges = market cap of 0. Not that it matter. Smiley
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:00:44 PM

"Stop judging, so that you won't be judged"
shtako

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:23:22 PM

Not judging anything and i really didn't mean to offend. I understand  that it might seem a bit harsh if you are holding a bag of grain, but it is still facts. Anyway, sorry for offending you.
bee7

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:39:17 PM

Not judging anything and i really didn't mean to offend. I understand  that it might seem a bit harsh if you are holding a bag of grain, but it is still facts. Anyway, sorry for offending you.

It does not matter do I hold or not hold Grain. What you would say if I name 0.000001 of Grain, say, one Earthy? Would it have any impact on Earthcoin or not - nobody knows. The same we may say about consequences of naming of 0.00000001EAC as one grain - nobody knows. But, both things are unethical, IMO.
shtako

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:40:23 PM

Hi guys!!!

Regards

Robbie & Debbie

You are doing an amazing job!

I just sent a donation of 100.000 earthcoins so you atleast dobble the amount you have collected. Let us just hope that it will be worth a lot more some time in the future, so it can come to good use.

I hope someone else follows my example.  Smiley

Their donation adress is: ejJ11oG5dCy2pvBK7r7HCLTTDYBcSLweQb
Source for verification: http://jaguarrescue-earthcoins.123website.be
takako88

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

http://xumcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 12:09:10 AM

Hi guys!!!

Regards

Robbie & Debbie

Thanks for your job,I have sent you 10K EAC.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:39:09 AM

It does not matter do I hold or not hold Grain. What you would say if I name 0.000001 of Grain, say, one Earthy? Would it have any impact on Earthcoin or not - nobody knows. The same we may say about consequences of naming of 0.00000001EAC as one grain - nobody knows. But, both things are unethical, IMO.

For my part, I was unaware that there was a "grain coin". Not terribly surprised, but unaware. That being said, I think I was the only team member who actually liked "grain" as the winner Tongue The vote wasn't rigged, or it would have been something else. It just came down that way. I'm pretty sure nobody on the team knew about "graincoin" prior to the contest being posted, though I can't speak for them.

I go with what's done is done. There was no malice nor ill intent. If it has a negative impact in some way, the community can simply refuse to use it. One way or the other, one participant now has significantly more than  a grain of earthcoin Cheesy
bee7

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:23:25 PM

For my part, I was unaware that there was a "grain coin". Not terribly surprised, but unaware. That being said, I think I was the only team member who actually liked "grain" as the winner Tongue The vote wasn't rigged, or it would have been something else. It just came down that way. I'm pretty sure nobody on the team knew about "graincoin" prior to the contest being posted, though I can't speak for them.

I go with what's done is done. There was no malice nor ill intent. If it has a negative impact in some way, the community can simply refuse to use it. One way or the other, one participant now has significantly more than  a grain of earthcoin Cheesy
centurion76

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:47:44 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 11:29:14 PM by centurion76

Not judging anything and i really didn't mean to offend. I understand  that it might seem a bit harsh if you are holding a bag of grain, but it is still facts. Anyway, sorry for offending you.

Unethical? Do you even know the meaning of the word? We did not name the smallest denomination of EAC a "Graincoin," we called it a "Grain" as in a "grain of sand." It is a common English word and was in existence long before Graincoin. By your reasoning we couldn't call the smallest denomination a "Blue," as in "blue sky," because there is a coin called Bluecoin, or we couldn't call it a "Green," as in "green leaves," because you can find "Greencoin" in the game Super Mario Cart....

Unlike some others that are apologizing, I couldn't care less if you were offended - take your inane nitpicking to some other thread.

#ignore

---> https://earthazaar.com <---      ---> https://darkbids.com <---     ---> http://bitlows.com <---
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:40:48 AM

Not judging anything and i really didn't mean to offend. I understand  that it might seem a bit harsh if you are holding a bag of grain, but it is still facts. Anyway, sorry for offending you.

Unethical? Do you even know the meaning of the word? We did not name the smallest denomination of EAC a "Graincoin," we called it a "Grain" as in a "grain of sand." It is a common English word and was in existence long before Graincoin. By your reasoning we couldn't call the smallest denomination a "Blue," as in "blue sky," because there is a coin called Bluecoin, or we couldn't call it a "Green," as in "green leaves," because you can find "Greencoin" in the game Super Mario Cart....

Unlike some others that are apologizing, I couldn't care less if you were offended - take your inane nitpicking to some other thread.

#ignore

Well put. Didn't realize I was coming across as apologetic until you posted this, but you're right.

So, to clarify. Shit happens, I ain't sorry, and I PERSONALLY like the choice.
systemfault

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:55:53 AM

Earthcoin is "DEAD".

Good luck for another community..
shtako

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:45:43 PM

Earthcoin is "DEAD".

Lol. Considering that Litecoin is offical dead on this forum this might be a good thing.  Smiley
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:36:30 PM

Earthcoin is "DEAD".

Lol. Considering that Litecoin is offical dead on this forum this might be a good thing.  Smiley

Well played!
dfox101

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:43:21 AM

Earthcoin is "DEAD".

Well played!

I doubt how earthcoin can be revived... too old nothing new
Pages: « 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: