Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:13:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 [501] 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840287 times)
satogem

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 02:20:34 PM

Hi everyone,
I now it's hard time for every earthcoin optimist... we're here from it's start, mining small. And now we decided to give all our savings for promotion of SatoshiGem - our unique multiplayer puzzle game. It's not a dice, ponzi or other boring stuff. If you like candy crush, bejewled or other diamond game - you will be addicted to SatoshiGem. So let me introduce one of the kind:

SatoshiGem.com
EAC giveaway for top 10 beta players in March! 230 000EAC giveaway!

Right now, we launch open beta for early birds. After registration, we giveaway virtual gems, which can be used for tournament signup or player vs player (aka pink slip).
We've created simple AI, so you can practice without spending coins.

Plans for the future:
  • open EARTHCOIN and DOGECOIN tournaments and PvP games (in 2 weeks)
  • create weekly rankings / stats
  • achievements
  • everything else discussed with players

SatoshiGem.com

PS. We have two accounts in the game - gembros1 & gembros2, so come on and let's have a game  Wink

Please follow Us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/thesatoshigem to be updated and give us valuable feedback!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:35:47 PM

@ testbitcoiner, and then I'm done with you.

I was paid, that is true. Haven't spent a single bit of it, nor do I intend to while the price is so low. I imagine you've been paid for a job here and there too. I am not a yes man. I have been quite critical at times. Being positive and being a yes man are entirely different things.

That being said, you have displayed again the classic techniques of someone who simply wants attention by either ignoring the argument or changing it. Once again, you either failed to read or did not care what I stated.

Proof Of Stake is NOT INTEREST!

Interest is money paid on principle from repayment of loans. Proof of Stake is a secondary creation of currency.

And your bitterness towards miners makes no sense. Without miners, there is no network. Without a network, there is no Earthcoin.... Oh. I guess it does make sense.

And now I'm done with you. Get someone who knows how to debate to post your points from now on, if indeed you have any.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:04:58 PM

+1
testbitcoiner

Activity: 126

I like crypto

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:32:00 PM

@ testbitcoiner, and then I'm done with you.

Proof Of Stake is NOT INTEREST!

Interest is money paid on principle from repayment of loans. Proof of Stake is a secondary creation of currency.

you can scream your ignorance as loud as you want, it changes nothing.

you can redefine economic terms to suit your needs at a moments notice, but you can not redefine it for all of humanity, which disagrees with you.

interest can be defined as [a stake in an involvement or undertaking, especially a financial one] (oxford English dictionary)
or [money regularly paid at a particular rate for the use of money lent] (oxford English dictionary)

since proof of STAKE uses the stake as a way to keep the network running, to proof that a transaction is valid, both definitions are true.

this is why it is called proof of stake.

you lend the network the money for 5 days, then you get interest for your lending to the network.
the network itself is the debtor. it hands out interest for stake it is allowed to use to keep itself running.

it is paid regularly.

the size if the stake defines the interest in both ways: your % of the total POS coin amount, and the money you regularly get as interest payment from the network, depending again on the % you own.

I have already explained this much simpler, but alas...

since you're so keen on splitting hairs, hoping I can't make an even bigger fool out of you as you have already done, here's another example why your redefining of commonly accepted terms is nonsense:

if you give your money to the bank and get 3%, it matters not if the bank actually uses the money for anything. you just get 3%
there is no word for the case in which the bank gives you 3% without touching your money. it is still called interest.

whatever. since you cannot read or are not intellectually capable enough to understand my post in green letters explaining savings and interest in relation to inflation, here it is again in "easy mode" speak:

savings, holding, hording, interest all keeps the money in one place.
inflation does the opposite to people. it takes money out of their pocket.

happy now? I don't understand why you keep challenging me on this stuff... can't you see how deep my understanding of this is?
the way I broke down Keynes, inflation, interest and savings, that's something most experts in the field could not do in so few lines...

you are so way out of your league here... seriously. just accept it. I know how you feel.. I tend to make people feel stupid in a lot of areas. but I mean well, even if I am highly confrontational.
testbitcoiner

I like crypto

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:59:12 PM

and again:

if you worry about money supply, it is strikingly dishonest to keep avoiding the fact that POW creates 400% inflation this year alone.

then focusing on POS as too much supply? ridiculous.

also: why 'secondary'. just stop POW and switch to POS completely. we DO NOT NEED MINERS. they are just parasites as long as they instantly sell.
and every miner will sell, cause of a 6 weeks slide that can only end in 1 sat.

if a miner tells you he does not sell, he is lying. cause power costs are so high, people have to pay the bills.
miners NEED to sell.

so unless you can explain why 400% inflation through continuing POW is good,
yet stopping POW, or severely reducing it to a fraction of what it is now, the 20% money supply increase through POS is suddenly bad

1Kb

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:07:29 PM

In my opinion regarding PoS,

Both parties had their say and that is it.
And can I please ask to have further discussion of PoS in another thread? As it turns out the PoS discussion is now overruling EarthCoin as a topic and to me it seems that neither party has a benefit on that.

Thanks.
testbitcoiner

I like crypto

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:20:40 PM

And can I please ask to have further discussion of PoS in another thread? As it turns out the PoS discussion is now overruling EarthCoin as a topic and to me it seems that neither party has a benefit on that.

Thanks.

do you think 15 million more eac every day helps the coin to stay competitive?

simple question
1Kb

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:24:58 PM

Thanks.

simple question

For any answer I would give, the arguments are already made. So what is the use of the question?
testbitcoiner

I like crypto

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:31:28 PM

Thanks.

simple question

For any answer I would give, the arguments are already made. So what is the use of the question?

you can't give a simple yes or no... instead you scurry behind the next rock with your tail between your legs... how adult

you know what you answer translates to?

"I don't know shit and I'm fine with it, as long as I can be a submissive follower of the majority. I have no opinion besides theirs. please stop hitting me."
1Kb

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:40:05 PM

Thanks.

simple question

you can't give a simple yes or no... instead you scurry behind the next rock with your tail between your legs... how adult

"I don't know shit and I'm fine with it, as long as I can be a submissive follower of the majority. I have no opinion besides theirs. please stop hitting me."

I can live with that. Actually I really like it. So what is the problem with that?
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:32:41 PM

Thanks.

simple question

@testbitcoiner
Please give it a rest
We had our share of anger and personal comments in this thread but all of them still had a point, where willing to reply and discuss the issue and most important: listen to other views.
All i read from you is just a attack on others and an attempt to show the world how good/smart you are. If it is POS you want, go find your perfect coin. There are many to choice from.
Looks like the core team listened to your arguments, read up on the subject and decided against it. Btw, i'm happy for this bcoz im trying to sell EAC as a way to transfer money/value to people that have no idea about Crypto/IT/Global economy. Those people need stability & changing the base of this code to POS is the opposite.

Your nic seems to imply testing, so see it as an experiment, go your own way and let this community do there thing.
Time will tell who is right but for now... can we agree to disagree?

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:33:21 PM

Thanks.

Noted. Thanks for reining me in. It's hard to hit a moving target. I've had my say, both here and in private. I'm done now on POS.

As to the other point, whether the mining curve is too inflationary, I tend to think it is. We are discussing possible changes there.

Any thoughts from those who think? This is just a thought, nothing concrete, but would a 25% reduction twice, rather than the full halving interval, be a good idea? Why or why not?
1Kb

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:43:07 PM

Thanks.

Noted. Thanks for reining me in. It's hard to hit a moving target. I've had my say, both here and in private. I'm done now on POS.

As to the other point, whether the mining curve is too inflationary, I tend to think it is. We are discussing possible changes there.

Any thoughts from those who think? This is just a thought, nothing concrete, but would a 25% reduction twice, rather than the full halving interval, be a good idea? Why or why not?

Set a value you want EarthCoin to be at in Satoshis and calculate how many coins it would take to hit that target. And keep in mind that your value could take 4/5th of day trading in account.
So for example when you set a target at 1000 dollar, the coins you want to produce need to be worth about 200 dollar. Then devide the 200 by the amount of satoshi and you got your number.
Disclaimer, the values i took are really rough and I would suggest to look at a few more popular coins (more daytrading) to come up with the divider between daytrade and soaking.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:30:39 PM

Due to community request, Maxcoin is halving their rewards in a few days:
http://pastebin.com/tKMFUtC4

The developers decided to take this action nearly 11 months early in order to keep up community support.

If a coin that had planned to release a total of 250 million coins can permanently reduce that number to 106 million to keep their community strong, I do not see any reason a coin with over 10 billion would not do the same thing to keep our coin viable.
ILikeMagicBeans

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 07:19:51 PM

Its good at least to see that the community is active and enthusiastic about the direction they think EAC should go.

I personally like the idea of POS but understand why it wouldnt be a good idea to implement it, but surely it is evident to all that its the rewards which need to be throttled back to reduce the amount of coins flooding the market every day? supply and demand?

sedrchang

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:49:38 PM

The developers decided to take this action nearly 11 months early in order to keep up community support.

If a coin that had planned to release a total of 250 million coins can permanently reduce that number to 106 million to keep their community strong, I do not see any reason a coin with over 10 billion would not do the same thing to keep our coin viable.

Good jobbb, people have fooled the Dev, after that short price hike, price will go down again, and people start crying about that again.
playgameop

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:57:19 PM

I like EarthCoin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Anubite

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:34:36 PM

Halving now would rock.

It's a shame testbitcoiner had to let personal attacks get in the way of a viable argument. PoW is truly killing EAC as is. PoS would help, but so would having. Pick one and go with it. You wont get a second chance easily. I hope you pick the right one.

Seems only dedicated miners are bitching about PoS. I'm sorry your $3k rig would be useless for earthcoin. Seems people who actually care about the coin and it's future want a halving or PoS.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:00:42 AM

For the record... as a miner... I fully support the concept of POS.

In fact, I was asked to be one of the supporting solominers of Teslacoin at launch. Telsacoin is a POW/POW coin with 18% stake monthly... sorry... going from memory... but I love Teslacoin... I mined a few million in the first few days... have not mined the coin since... because I now get some stupid amount of coins each month for nothing more than opening the Teslacoin wallet on my PC and claiming my stake... and I can sell those coins for pure profit at any price... high or low.

What is there to not like about POS?

My issue with POS is security and I was just in a conversation this morning with a team from another POS coin that is looking to revert to pure POW because of lack of acceptance by merchants because of the vulnerability of POS to exploits.

Every reply by the POS proponents here on this thread is without substantiated experience or technical evidence to refute the fact that POS is a security risk. Don't mention price or marketcap... both of those factors are driven from a speculator perspective, not from merchant or currency level... that is not applicable to this argument... I am opposed to POS from a security level and how this affects the long-term usage of a crypto-currency.

From miners perspective... I will happily line for the next POS coin launch... it is free money in my pocket.

It is beyond obvious that EAC is over supplied and I have repeatedly stated that on this forum. There is no real short-term fix to this. Go over the Klondikecoin thread and you can read how trying change block rewards resulted in nearly killing a perfectly good coin.

The reason EAC is over-supplied is because the vision for the coin was global, but the infrastructure was too slow to come online. So here is where we find EAC today.

You either believe in the long-term viability of EAC as working currency and continue to build and deploy infrastructure or you sell out and devote your time and energy to a coin that you believe is a better opportunity.
DatCoinage

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:05:28 AM

whew! I was gone for awhile, and just coming back to all this craziness. Lots rolling around in my head, so lets see what comes out.

I think cryptozark is correct, ASICs is the correct way to go. As much as we miners may hate that idea. (and I cant afford one when they start rolling out)

I'm I bit conflicted on what to think about the community here. On one hand all these expressed opinions shows there is support and people for EAC. On the other makes me think of CEO's who cant see the forest for the trees and only wants to see quarterly profits, and damn the long term goals.

We do have the ability to really do some good here! We (myself included) covet those who find riches in crypto. But we have an opportunity with EAC to do good beyond our keyboards. Embrace this, and there is a chance that good can come back to you.

cryptozark - im glad you are pledging charitable and humanitarian goals of EAC is still valid. I have personally sent an email (today)  to the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation (and will be calling them tomorrow). I know its a very long shot, but maybe if everyone here emails and calls them seeking to help others, EAC may take off in unexpected ways. Honestly, if everyone put the energy I see here into trying to help others via crypto though already established organisations, I think we can kick EAC to #2 in marketcap.
Pages: « 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 [501] 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: