Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:11:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840287 times)
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:13:33 AM

Poor earthcoin. Sad

Edit: poor every altcoin except litecoin/peercoin/etc Smiley

Look at the charts. Poor bitcoin Sad((

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
testbitcoiner

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

I like crypto

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:57:38 AM

the problem with the devs is that they are so slow to react and they seem to see alt coins like they worked a year ago.

times have changed. and a coin that has no rapid halving of supply will just drown in its own blood.

earth coin is a good alt. it's just not special any more.

and I bet half those voices that urge to keep the status quo have nothing but nice words that apply to any other alt coin as well.

where exactly is the problem to decrease the new creation of coins? where is the disadvantage?

I tell you one: it takes WORK not WORDS to make that change happen.

and that's something a lot of people in charge seem to be allergic to
Minerz

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:04:56 AM

Only thing id chance on this coin is block reward.It should drop sooner.Theres too much coins coming out.It can make price go up a little.

I think the whole POS thing is just stupid.All coins should grow invest when holding,but it should be 1-2%,like banks.Not 20%.And coin that nobody uses is just useless. Buy gold or bitcoins if you wanna hold. Cryptos should be about easy and fast payments.

We need more places to use coins.All coins are now in deep shit and theres not much to do for price.We just have to wait until whole crypto scene is going up again and try to build better and bigger community.Dont be stupid and panicsell now.Take a risk and buy more,or just hold.

And think about how long it took the bitcoin to come where its now.It was worthless for many years and look at now.
Anubite

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:12:48 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 11:28:16 AM by Anubite

I cast my vote in favor of PoS. Someone get to it. It can't be the only thing EAC has. Not too high, but enough to collect interest. We already have the infrastructure, places to use the coin and such. As part of the EAC package, a 3% gain would be a nice thing over time if it were to last. It would be good prospects for long term investment, without giving away too many free coins.

In an unrelated note, coinex has been robbed, and the EAC is being unloaded on cryptsy. Record lows again.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236
1Kb

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:46:11 AM

I cast my vote in favor of PoS. Someone get to it. It can't be the only thing EAC has. Not too high, but enough to collect interest. We already have the infrastructure, places to use the coin and such. As part of the EAC package, a 3% gain would be a nice thing over time if it were to last. It would be good prospects for long term investment, without giving away too many free coins.

In an unrelated note, coinex has been robbed, and the EAC is being unloaded on cryptsy. Record lows again.

Regarding PoS.
Everybody seems to think that the current flow of coins is causing the price to drop.
So the solution must be to change the flow of coins to avoid switching pools and be future proof.

Besides of this being a very shallow way of thinking it will not and never be the solution. CryptoCoins is a dynamic environment which changes every second and even as I write this. This also means that any new technology will be adapted by others as soon as the code hits GitHub. So trying to be ahead of the game is a energy consuming beast which will never tire.
And if you look at what EarthCoin has, there are a few things which are real assets.
The name,
The new team,
The community.
So any effort on changing EarthCoin should not be based on 1 or 2 members of the new team but done by all EarthCoin assets. And it is a no brainer to see that the combined production of EarthCoin's assets is way bigger than 2 developers can ever produce.

So instead of looking at technology, why not look at ways to reach out to non-technical people. Address their fears and turn those fears around to something productive. If all we do is hide ourselves on BCT and demand stuff of a developer, we are just biting the hand that feeds us as it will never feed us fast enough. So if you don't mind, could you please expand the way you think EarthCoin should change to stuff others outside the cryptocommunity can actually understand?

*Edit
I also forgot to add that the overall marketcap of cryptocurrencies is not increasing but decreasing at the moment. This means that money is flowing out of the system and the money left will be devided amongst all those currently present (over 200 alt currencies). So considering that the money is flowing out and new technology is brought in, you can only conclude that the technology is not the solution.
Anubite

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:02:32 PM

Regarding PoS.
Everybody seems to think that the current flow of coins is causing the price to drop.
So the solution must be to change the flow of coins to avoid switching pools and be future proof.

Besides of this being a very shallow way of thinking it will not and never be the solution. CryptoCoins is a dynamic environment which changes every second and even as I write this. This also means that any new technology will be adapted by others as soon as the code hits GitHub. So trying to be ahead of the game is a energy consuming beast which will never tire.
And if you look at what EarthCoin has, there are a few things which are real assets.
The name,
The new team,
The community.
So any effort on changing EarthCoin should not be based on 1 or 2 members of the new team but done by all EarthCoin assets. And it is a no brainer to see that the combined production of EarthCoin's assets is way bigger than 2 developers can ever produce.

So instead of looking at technology, why not look at ways to reach out to non-technical people. Address their fears and turn those fears around to something productive. If all we do is hide ourselves on BCT and demand stuff of a developer, we are just biting the hand that feeds us as it will never feed us fast enough. So if you don't mind, could you please expand the way you think EarthCoin should change to stuff others outside the cryptocommunity can actually understand?

Everybody seems to think? Nice argument.

I'm pretty sure PoS is not new. Far from new. Explain why it would be bad other than being a supposed trend? It's not a gimmick when your wallet works like a bank but with better rates. Having nothing but a litecoin clone with fancy payouts is a gimmick.

What are EAC assets and how can they collectively do something as one? Doesn't seem to be working out so good or we wouldn't be having this chat. Also, are you comparing 2 people to the work of what everyone can do? Pretty cut and dry.

I don't know what you mean or how any of this make sense, surely you are some sort of comedian.

1Kb

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:52:00 PM

Regarding PoS.

The name,
The new team,
The community.

Everybody seems to think? Nice argument.

I'm pretty sure PoS is not new. Far from new. Explain why it would be bad other than being a supposed trend? It's not a gimmick when your wallet works like a bank but with better rates. Having nothing but a litecoin clone with fancy payouts is a gimmick.

What are EAC assets and how can they collectively do something as one? Doesn't seem to be working out so good or we wouldn't be having this chat. Also, are you comparing 2 people to the work of what everyone can do? Pretty cut and dry.

I don't know what you mean or how any of this make sense, surely you are some sort of comedian.

Regarding implementing PoS, this can only be done by a very small set of people (in my statement 2 people). If you take that effort and look what the change will be to EarthCoin overall, it will be very small. I don't even have to wonder whether that effort would reach my neighbours as something they would understand. But having the same 2 people create a viral type of video might actually be more productive as I might end up finding such a video in my mailbox.
And the only reason why it could reach my mailbox is because people share it as if they were a community.

But on the other hand, I am happy with the thought that I am a comedian. It gives me the excuse to say what i want and just once in a while hit the right spot:)
sedrchang

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:01:46 PM

I dont care about premine, hashes, reward , merchants, etc.
What EAC NEEDS is...big innovation, all Litecoin based is doomed, people will naturally(if they smart enough) choose Litecoin as their main battletank , so what EAC need is innovation like NXT coin (known as second generation cryptocurrencies) , first generation will be replaced by second/even thrid generation later, even Bitcoin, regardless its mineable or not, and if you think hard/ have knowledge in Economy, large business will prefer NXT or the like type for all of this.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:11:20 PM

There's just simply not enough people having a reason to buy at the rate the miners/bots autosell on cryptsy. Maybe that is a good thing because no one will pump&dump it, maybe that is a good thing because it will go to 1 satoshi so everyone can buy at least a little, maybe that is a good thing because it will not attract day traders, or maybe it is not a good thing after all. Because of the selected block halving strategy there has been too many coins mined compared to people willing to buy, perhaps the block reward should've been decreased by 5% every week to keep the supply and demand in balance. (We would have around 5,500 eac reward by now instead of 10,000). Perhaps "john" over estimated the speed at which eac would gain popularity and usage.

What would be a good thing imo is if the flooding of coins would decrease a little and the value would start to rise or at least stabilize so the weak minded (i.e. most of the people) could start to be enthusiastic about eac again, and maybe start getting involved and using it. When people's investments' values go to 5% of what they used to be they just chalk it up as a loss and stop caring. There are just too many coins out there and people's attention is divided into too many alternatives that they simply don't have the time or energy to care about their coins they deem as losers.

Or maybe the few individuals with a strong vision will carry eac over these tough times, and the population outside the saturated BCT can be reached. I don't have the time or energy to be such an individual, and I'm also quite weak minded, but I'm going to do something small. I just have to figure out what that would be - encouraging my family or friends to invest is out of the question though.
1Kb

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:28:31 PM

What EAC NEEDS is...big innovation, all Litecoin based is doomed, people will naturally(if they smart enough) choose Litecoin as their main battletank , so what EAC need is innovation like NXT coin (known as second generation cryptocurrencies) , first generation will be replaced by second/even thrid generation later, even Bitcoin, regardless its mineable or not, and if you think hard/ have knowledge in Economy, large business will prefer NXT or the like type for all of this.

I agree on the innovation part although not all types of progress/technology can be regarded as innovation. For me the type of innovation needs is the type to make usage more simple in day to day use. Unfortunatly this would mean a full redesing of the wallet for example or something else that requiress less of a brain to actually use a cryptocoins:)

I go by the opinion that I rather have people use a product while the product has room for improvement rather than people not using a completed product at all.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:23:07 PM

In an unrelated note, coinex has been robbed, and the EAC is being unloaded on cryptsy.

Is this true?
I have not been keeping up.
Anybody know the truth to this???
illodin

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:39:09 PM

In an unrelated note, coinex has been robbed, and the EAC is being unloaded on cryptsy.

Is this true?

I dunno, but my EAC investment has lost 35% of its value in 24 hours.  Cheesy

I expected it to be way more likely to go down than to go up, but didn't expect it to be this fast.
sedrchang

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:15:11 PM

Is this true?

I dunno, but my EAC investment has lost 35% of its value in 24 hours.  Cheesy

I expected it to be way more likely to go down than to go up, but didn't expect it to be this fast.

You sure u are 'investing'? not blind-playingonly buying? Anyone with good economy knowledge wont buy EAC (mine it no problem) using BTC/others
illodin

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:16:48 PM

You sure u are 'investing'? not blind-playingonly buying? Anyone with good economy knowledge wont buy EAC (mine it no problem) using BTC/others

You're right I used the term in a sarcastic manner. I'm basically gambling and I'm fine with it.
illodin

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:20:22 PM

Problem is retailers are hard to convince to use eac when they see the constant downward trend. It's too risky for them. But if the value was constantly around some number it would be much easier for them to trust that they will get their fiat out of it.
Anubite

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:38:31 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 04:31:59 PM by Anubite

Problem is retailers are hard to convince to use eac when they see the constant downward trend. It's too risky for them. But if the value was constantly around some number it would be much easier for them to trust that they will get their fiat out of it.

This. See comment below.

Think what EAC need the most at the moment is stablility, and changing to POS is the oppositie. Im mostly concerned in getting new people into Crypto, both retailers & there customers. They do not care about the underlaying tech, they just need to know it is secure.
Yes, a agree the underlaying tech will need work in the future but just changing this in hope you will get a some more sat?Huh
Forget BTC & exchanges, i want to pay for my hosting with EAC, order Fyverr jobs, get a cup of coffee or order a book.
We need to exchange EAC for products, not BTC

What better time than now to discuss and even implement PoS, when EAC is at it's lowest interest in eons? It will effect the least amount of people. It also lays credence to the "long-term investment" side of EAC's marketing. There is little room for this to be a bad thing.

Having a solid plan for bagholders (merchants are these guys too) is key, and bottoming out further probably wont happen without total loss of interest in favor of alternatives. Something to salvage their hopes would be great. It doesn't have to salvage the hopes of traders, just merchants, nor must this be "following a trend" because some other coin does it.  It would boost confidence that things will be moving up, or that losses will equal out.

dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:51:10 PM

Big innovation or close the shop.
Nicho

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:00:04 PM

what would immensly help is something that other sites will talk about and will renew interest in eac.

I suggest switching to proof of stake asap.

then implement 25% interest in the first year, then 20% next year and so on. this will people want to HOLD eac.

right now nobody in their right mind holds this coin.

with proof of stake, it would finally resonate with the "protect nature crowd", it will stop multipools raping the coin and news sites would support that step and report it.

it is only natural for "earth"coin to use POS since it is so power saving.  hell, make an 40% interest in the first year, but reward people who HOLD the coin, not those who multipool it

do this, even announce this, and EAC will rise tenfold in mere days.

Interested in hearing other people's opinions on this.

I think this is brilliant idea.

further , or we could do a snapshot just like pts. For whoever own 1 EAC right now, will get 10 (156/15)EAC. mine all of EAC out and distribute to EAC holders.  You know C2? they are listed on bter within one week. we should learn from them.       We already have nothing to lose.

but, i bet the dev team will ignore us just like always because they are born to be losers.  If they have another chance, they will make some other kind of stupid mistake. and fail again.

This is a perfect example of 'Short-term' thinking to artificially prop the price up so speculators can profit. The 'soup du jour' in crypto launches recently has been this POS style, and initially the price skyrockets, allowing the Dev's to unload at artificially high prices created by the speculators who are CERTAIN that the 'new Gimmick Coin' is the way to go!

Are we just chasing the latest 'fad' in order to spike the EAC price temporarily to the profit of a few? What happens when the 'newer' coins that come around next month create a 'better' way than POS and we see their launches go up several fold in the first day, do we then change from POS to the newest trend and issue another press release? Are we resigning ourselves to just be a continual pump-n-dump scheme just to make you maniac day-traders happy?

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

Or should we focus on long-term development and real world applications in order to allow the price to rise, slowly but surely, over the Long run, rewarding ALL EarthCoin holders?

Is it really different this time? This NEW FAD COIN IS THE WAY TO GO!! LOOK IT WENT UP 500% in one day! If EarthCoin only switched it's purpose weekly to copy the current fad we would all be rich! Right?

So Earthcoin announces it is switching it's code to POS with a novel Press Release, speculators pile in and manipulate the price upwards temporarily, only to see it crash back down to an even a lower price once the rush is over? Do you see MINTCOIN's dev offering any viable long-term creative solutions to further user adoption of his coin? Is he actively promoting and creating long-term value for the coin, or is the promise of 20% more coins a year enough to keep everyone from selling if there are no Real World Applications for your coins? I think it likely most of the 'Devs' of these new coins sell out as soon as they start seeing $20,000+ sitting in their wallet, and are pretty much done with the 'development' coin, having made their 'quick buck'. Just being POS in itself is not worth anything without the proper support & development by Dev's with vision.

What makes POS so much better than Earthcoins current model? Is 20% a year to hoard your Coins and then paying 'interest' in more coins to dilute your holdings further really that great? You truly think for a 'currency' to succeed you should attempt to incentivize your coinholders to just hoard them away and forget about them, knowing they get 20% interest a year? Furthermore, what is 20% interest worth annually when MINTcoin goes down to 5 satoshi? Will your extra 1 coin per year feel all that fantastic for letting your coins sit idle for a year?

POS, while an interesting approach and change of pace from the BTC style models, is not necessary for Earthcoin. It may be great for a commodity, but for an internet currency I think the holders need to be creative in the utility and promotion of the coin. An ALT COIN will only gain in value if it is increasingly used for REAL WORLD commerce, transactions, money transfers, etc. We need to work on giveaways and increased merchant adoption, increasing the 'buzz' around the coin with novel actions that create naturally positive press, etc. Think about DogeCoin sponsoring the Jamacian bob-sled team, that did WAY more for DogeCoin than switching to the latest fad would have.

I think those clamoring for a 'switch' to POS are not seeing the forest for the trees here. The key to having EarthCoin rise is through dedicated work/promotion by the community, valuable insight and leadership by those in position to do so, and creating more & more ways to use EarthCoin in real-world commerce while increasing user adoption.

Also, a SUSTAINABLE price rise happens slowly over time, with jumps here and there along the steady upward climb. Nothing worth doing was ever easy, and anyone who has started a business that became successful understands that it takes Blood, Sweat & Tears to reach your goals. There is no short-cut, there is no 'get-rich-quick' gimmick that will make us all rich with a single press release, and POS is no magical solution.

PoS isnt a new fad, it was one of the earliest developments, after scrypt, the new fad today seems to be ASIC resistance and Anonymous blockchain / transactions.  I agree with what your saying tho but you should also remember that Dogecoin has forked about 10 times, they we're crazy at the start, thats one of the reasons why we all thought it wouldn't last.  They even forked recently. http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/207hfb/ann_dogecoin16_its_ready_all_you_need_to_know/  Anyway my point is that I don't see why we cant take both approaches, charity and belief in the coin in one hand + changing the code to something more fitting for the coin and its future in the other, to keep it competitive.  Bitcoin was unique in that it was unique for its time, it had no rivals for years so it had a really good start but its just a different game now.  If bitcoin was released now, with all this competition it would probably be a flop.
Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1445
Merit: 1161

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:18:10 PM

Earthcoin will feature two pages in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" the Beginner's Reference

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.new#new

Please donate to the below Earthcoin wallet address in order to help fund this project:

egj4xWwMZVa5D2aMmUAbwfKfzjx1AgwkG9

It will have 2 pages similar to this:

If you spot any spelling or grammar errors, these are easily sorted.  I do have a full time job as well as trying to get this project completed too.
testbitcoiner

Activity: 126

I like crypto

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:20:13 PM

Think what EAC need the most at the moment is stablility, and changing to POS is the oppositie. Im mostly concerned in getting new people into Crypto, both retailers & there customers. They do not care about the underlaying tech, they just need to know it is secure.
Yes, a agree the underlaying tech will need work in the future but just changing this in hope you will get a some more sat?Huh
Forget BTC & exchanges, i want to pay for my hosting with EAC, order Fyverr jobs, get a cup of coffee or order a book.
We need to exchange EAC for products, not BTC

what a tremendously stupid post.
 stability is exactly what POS stands for... and POW creates more and more and more coins every day. it is the opposite of stability.

in 3 months we will have twice as much eac as we have now. even if we get twice as many merchants accepting eac, even if twice as many people for some strange reason buy into eac, we will still be at close to 1 satoshi. why? cause there is no perspective.

in 3 months we know that  come december there will again be double the eac.

1) with POS this would stop NOW.

2) every holder of EAC would be rewarded. you'd earn more coins by HOLDING them. that means people have no incentive to sell. interest would be created after let's say 4 days of holding coins and trickle in slowly, or be a random reward in big blocks.
basically you'd mine by holding, not mine and sell.

3) people would not hold millions of eac on cryptsy or the next mtgox because they want interest. this would prevent a situation like cryptorush being hacked, xxx mil eac stolen and then instantly sold on cryptsy to not be tracked.

4) eac has a very fast transaction time. there is no reason to hold it on exchanges anyway

5) POS will give merchants more reason to accept eac, because it is more stable by limiting the amount of eac produced each day.
now a merchant has to run a script or adjust prices manually every time eac takes a dive on cryptsy (=daily)

6) proof of stake is OLD. it is not a "new thing". it is not buggy or has problems like the gravity well algo

7) credibility of eac: this coin screams earth and it should also scream "cares about earth". personally, I think this is utter bullshit. I do not believe in this idea of saving a piece of rock that could not care less about us. but it sells.
and it is not inconsistent.
POS costs a tiny fraction of computer power and thus energy that POW does.

Cool this is unfortunately a problem in these threads.. the echo chamber effect. a large amount of "believers" who'd praise the devs even if they had sex with their mom and a small amount of people who have completely unreasonable expectations and criticism.
few people actually want to improve the coin. some trashers have financial interests, so have some "praisers".
some are just pissed off and some are clueless.

I suggest stopping all that and look at what the competition does, and imitate that:

Blackcoin had 1400 BTC volume on one day. on mintpal. not even cryptsy. it still is not on cryptsy. it was POW for a week, then switched completely to POS.
yes, this was pre planned, and not directly comparable.
but BC will never sink to 1 satoshi cause there is no new supply. 1 week of mining. that was it.

Zeitcoin does the same. it's 6 weeks and a few minute differences.

both coins have just ONE huge disadvantage. they are not spread out like EAC.

EAC is superiour cause more different people hold eac.  that is the crux with POS, the spreading of the currency.

EAC could combine the benefits of POW and POS by drastically limiting new production, creating new coins only by giving people EAC that have held eac in their wallet for many days.

9) the last point is psychological:  for many here, change is bad. why? cause they are still here. only those who can stand standstill are continuing to post in an environment that seems to lack any change.

change in the real world, especially in business, is always seen as good. even if it is catastrophic, and it would have been better not to do anything.

in this case, I made my case and there are valid reasons to DO something, not to hope and collect change... which is what eac would become.

the public eye will see this as a good thing. especially since POS is old, yet a new trend, one that has been very successful in times of asic miners and so on.

POS is independent of asics, multipools, exchange hacks (relatively) and other problems POW has.

I think many who do not approve of this idea are just not very well informed.

to make it clear again: I think eac has TREMENDOUS potential, but not in its current form.
we have the chance to combine the proliferation and the spread that our POW scheme has created with the incentive to hold, to buy more and to "invest" that POS does.

if we do this, eac could be the new protein in the primordial soup of scrypt alts

Pages: « 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: