Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:13:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 [497] 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840287 times)
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:54:27 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 04:13:31 AM by 24Kilo

If EAC implements POS(proof of stake)... I will dump all the EAC I own and walk away and never look back.

That is not a threat... a simple statement from hard experience working with POS coins.

Nothing about the code of EAC needs to be changed... at this point and time I do not even support implementing KGW(Kimoto Gravity Well) with the recent findings of time warp exploits that were discovered and published here - http://culubas.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/timejacking-bitcoin_802.html - are have been tested and proven on testnets and will soon be tested in real life against AuroraCoin by BitcoinEXpress - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516326.0 - although it appears that the AUR devs have worked with BCX to find a fix.

The notorious 'John' may have walked away from EAC with some of the bounty, but his legacy is one of the single most solid coin codes among alt-coins. Doing anything to the coin code is suicidal, short-sighted and downright stupid.

I have been personally involved in the code change disasters with TagCoin and KlondikeCoin... both coins are still on life support and are only surviving on the good will of the community or the devs.

What EAC needs is circulation... and it will become valuable again.

Leave the code alone!!!  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Silvano

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:04:27 AM

If EAC implements POS(proof of stake)... I will dump all the EAC I own and walk away and never look back.

That is not a threat... a simple statement from hard experience work with POS coins.

Nothing about the code of EAC needs to be changed... at this point and time I do not even support implementing KGW(Kimoto Gravity Well) with the recent findings of time warp exploits that were discovered and published here - http://culubas.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/timejacking-bitcoin_802.html - are have been tested and proven on testnets and will soon be tested in real life against AuroraCoin by BitcoinEXpress - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516326.0 - although it appears that the AUR devs have worked with BCX to find a fix.

The notorious 'John' may have walked away from EAC with some of the bounty, but his legacy is one of the single most solid coin codes among alt-coins. Doing anything to the coin code is suicidal, short-sighted and downright stupid.

I have been personally involved in the code change disasters with TagCoin and KlondikeCoin... both coins are still on life support and are only surviving on the good will of the community or the devs.

Leave the code alone!!! 

+1

EAC: eStpUnXdAACnB8mntosy1H3yiumrFwUdYU  DOGE: DQvMVeWDzetrbcYU7FFrg9Q9KEcDTeQLm2
LOT: M5qBdb43nj53Jjjf8Ci95dgQzoUriQiKDv     MOON: 2UNbhV3RUdFNRiK6wWop6gPawM9xGbbaEn
sedrchang

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:37:28 AM

That is not a threat... a simple statement from hard experience work with POS coins.

Leave the code alone!!!  

If you noobs want to stay, not looking to the future, then EAC is dead in the spot. And since the dev turns out say POS is inflation. Im out. No use to say anythign anymore im dumping EAC and change NXT~
Anubite

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:54:58 AM

Leave the code alone!!!  

Crapcoins. Doge has changed it's code many times, even recently. It lived. Even did better. If you dump now, your coins will "circulate." Please do.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236
24Kilo

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:47:02 AM

The foundation of any coin is its code... without solid code... the whole network is in jeopardy and thus the coin as a currency is weak and vulnerable.

Dogecoin is a pure PoW(Proof of Work) coin... yes... there have been a few hardforks because the code that Dogecoin was launched on was vulnerable to several security risks including an exploit that would let a hacker gernerate unlimited coins.

The code for PoS is vulnerable to some many exploits, it is unbelievable... negative time blocks, timestamp retargets, high percentage of orphans(15% is considered normal), blockchain merging, the list can go on and on.

I am not a coin dev... I am not coder... I am not even a decent Linux user... but what I am is a miner... I mint coins and confirm transactions for coins... if you do not understand this is very basis and foundation for every crypto-currency, including BitCoin, then you need to rethink why you are involved in crypto-currency. Everything that a crypto-coin is used for or valued for is based on a secure and solid coin code supported by miners providing security and strength to the blockchain.

You may be a speculator, day-trader, investor, bag-holder, merchant, customer, etc... but everything  you do depends on the miners of that coin... and while every miner is going to mine and dump some coins to pay the bills, repay equipment, invest in more mining equipment... all miners in the end are looking for the same thing... a stable and secure coin code. Miners do not invest tens of thousands of dollars and endure power bills that run into the hundreds of dollars a day to throw their hash-rate at a coin that is weak and vulnerable. That is like burning money.

As long as the original code of the coin remains intact and unaltered, I am a long-term miner, investor, and supporter of EAC... it is the great strength of EAC and will see EAC become a solid and usable global currency.

The more I mine and learn about coins and the code that makes a coin, the stronger my belief in EAC as it stands.

So I Repeat... Leave The Code Alone!!!
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:53:30 AM

a simple statement from hard experience working with POS coins.

Can you elaborate? I'm honestly interested.

Btw, the point isn't whether to PoS or to not PoS but the point is there are too many coins being generated to keep the price steady - it's going down constantly which makes people reluctant to adopt it. And this will last almost a year still.
TwentyGotoTen

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:57:58 AM

don't sell for less than 14 or 15. let the dumpers sell off all their coins for 13 or less but please don't sell below 14. the coin will rise again. make 'em pay, lol.

*retards on cryptsy, this means you, stop constantly devaluing your coins, DUH!!!!
Anubite

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:23:35 AM

don't sell for less than 14 or 15. let the dumpers sell off all their coins for 13 or less but please don't sell below 14. the coin will rise again. make 'em pay, lol.

*retards on cryptsy, this means you, stop constantly devaluing your coins, DUH!!!!

Don't worry, everyone is selling at 14.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:26:54 AM

Is it true 20 million EAC are mined everyday?
illodin

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:35:31 AM

Is it true 20 million EAC are mined everyday?

Block reward 10,000
1 block every minute
=> 600,000 EAC every hour
=> 14,400,000 EAC every day
=> Everyone already has as much EAC as they could possibly ever want.

Stupid for me to be telling this as I'm holding 20M that seems to lose 1/3 of the value daily already but I guess it has to go to 1 satoshi before it will stabilize.
24Kilo

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:52:51 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 12:06:50 PM by 24Kilo

a simple statement from hard experience working with POS coins.

Can you elaborate? I'm honestly interested.

Btw, the point isn't whether to PoS or to not PoS but the point is there are too many coins being generated to keep the price steady - it's going down constantly which makes people reluctant to adopt it. And this will last almost a year still.

Go read the disaster stories of TAG(TagCoin) and STR(StarCoin)... two that I was involved in... multiple forks, large percentages of orphans, confirmed blocks being orphaned after 500 or more confirms, negative timestamp POS block insertions... there are dozens, if not hundreds of exploits in POW/POS code... TeslaCoin is another POW/POS coin that I mined from launch that was has been troublesome.

EAC has been oversupplied since a few weeks after launch because the promotion and marketing team never delivered the infrastructure that was needed to start EAC circulation. EAC still does not have paper wallets, no android wallet and the list is as long as your arm. So for EAC to rally and become valuable there is a lot of catch-up needed to be done.

You want to see active dev teams... go look at POT, DOPE, KDC, DGB, DRK, NOBL... to name a few... then come back and take a long look at EAC... it is self-explanatory.

And right now... that is happening... the community and dev team are getting organised and things are moving forward again.

24Kilo

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:35:42 AM

Here is the problem with EAC... and most every other crypto-currency with the exception of BTC.

If myself, atxSilver and TwentyGotoTen were within an hour or so of each other... that could be a complete circle of EAC... I exchange EAC for silver with atxSilver, who loves jazz and eating out, so atxSilver could exchange EAC for dinner at TwentyGotoTen's Bar & Grill, and he could exchange the EAC he received from atxSilver to buy veggies from me... and then I could exchange that EAC for more silver and so on and so forth... plus I am a jazz lover... so I would be visiting TwentyGotoTen's joint as well and exchanging EAC for dinner and atxSilver may also trade EAC for veggies and etc...

but because I am in Sydney, atxSilver is Austin, TX and TwentyGotoTen is in Boston... none of this works... and yet... we are three people who would happily exchange EAC for each other's goods and services... insert any coin where you see EAC... I only used a real life example of three people who want to use the same currency and have even spoken about this in person... but cannot because of distance.

A focus on a local and regional level... substitute three other people with three goods or services all within physical reach other... and this where there is a real opportunity to develop a complete circle without the need to inject fiat... you have a usable and working currency... carrots, gold, silver, or crypto.

Of course... an Android wallet would make such a scenario much easier.

It is a herculean task to get this circulation started because the EAC community is scattered around the globe and while crypto-currency is easy to fling around the globe, the goods and services that give EAC real value are much harder to exchange between EAC users. The first coin to eliminate or negate this hurdle will be a successful and possible candidate to succeed BTC.

I believe the real success of DOGE has little to do with the coin or code, but a community base that was quickly able to close the distance between DOGE users and start circulation.

This why EAC is dropping in purchasing power.
1Kb

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:43:28 AM

Here is the problem with EAC... and most every other crypto-currency with the exception of BTC.

If myself, atxSilver and TwentyGotoTen were within an hour or so of each other... that could be a complete circle of EAC... I exchange EAC for silver with atxSilver, who loves jazz and eating out, so atxSilver could exchange EAC for dinner at TwentyGotoTen's Bar & Grill, and he could exchange the EAC he received from atxSilver to buy veggies from me... and then I could exchange that EAC for more silver and so on and so forth... plus I am a jazz lover... so I would be visiting TwentyGotoTen's joint as well and exchanging EAC for dinner and atxSilver may also trade EAC for veggies and etc...

but because I am in Sydney, atxSilver is Austin, TX and TwentyGotoTen is in Boston... none of this works... and yet... we are three people who would happily exchange EAC for each other's goods and services... insert any coin where you see EAC... I only used a real life example of three people who want to use the same currency and have even spoken about this in person... but cannot because of distance.

A focus on a local and regional level... substitute three other people with three goods or services all within physical reach other... and this where there is a real opportunity to develop a complete circle without the need to inject fiat... you have a usable and working currency... carrots, gold, silver, or crypto.

Of course... an Android wallet would make such a scenario much easier.

It is a herculean task to get this circulation started because the EAC community is scattered around the globe and while crypto-currency is easy to fling around the globe, the goods and services that give EAC real value are much harder to exchange between EAC users. The first coin to eliminate or negate this hurdle will be a successful and possible candidate to succeed BTC.

I believe the real success of DOGE has little to do with the coin or code, but a community base that was quickly able to close the distance between DOGE users and start circulation.

This why EAC is dropping in purchasing power.

In my wording i would have said:
The longer a coin is caught in circulation before hitting an exchange, the more valuable the coin will be.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:47:32 AM

24Kilo is posting the truth, believe him.
24Kilo

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:17:37 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 11:35:11 AM by 24Kilo

Ahhh... the interesting part of the story about atxSilver, TwentyGotoTen and myself....

I am one of those hated people called miners... and the only miner of the three EAC users in the story.

BUT... think about this... as the miner I can and could start and sustain this circle with the coin minted by my miners and increase the real wealth and EAC of all three of us without any of us ever needing to buy or sell any EAC from an exchange... think about that the next time you want to start bashing  miners.

Miners are creating the wealth of EAC... not different from real life... miners create the wealth of gold... when a surplus of gold is in the market place... the purchasing power of gold drops... and when the supply of gold starts to tighten... the purchasing power of gold rises.... EAC is exactly the same.

Miners are the friends of EAC.

If there is a silver seller and cafe owner in Sydney that want to create the circle of circulation as I described above... I would be delighted to do business.
twospirit

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:26:53 AM

I mine EAC and keep them all...that's the best, what I can do for the coin right now
earthcoin (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 11:59:33 AM

It's finally here!

It gives me great pleasure to announce The Android Earthcoin Wallet. Thanks to Xploited for coding it and Wes for getting it on Google Play!

I (Kevin) will be testing it out tomorrow. I encourage everybody with an android to get it NOW. Let's make this the number one download for today on google play Cheesy

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
SteveoMB

Activity: 360

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:04:03 PM

hey

i read this threads latest conflicts and I'm rly curios where EAC gets with this discordance.
it is funny to see that some aggressive fellas came back just to spread some shitty ideas about the code and so on...
changing to PoS wouldn't be an new innovation since Mint and Eccoin are advertising with exactly that strategy and do they win the cryptoleague? -nope.

the idea with PoS:
-People get coins for holding their shitloads of coins...
-coins will be generated without using computerpower...

---> eco.

aaaye.
on one hand you guys want to go away from the charitystuff, which was kind of unique as earthcoin was born, and on the other hand you want to change to a system which is working exactly as you guys want it (look eccoin, a mintcoin clone), but doesn't create value?

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
illodin

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:20:12 PM

It's finally here!

It gives me great pleasure to announce The Android Earthcoin Wallet. Thanks to Xploited for coding it and Wes for getting it on Google Play!

I (Kevin) will be testing it out tomorrow. I encourage everybody with an android to get it NOW. Let's make this the number one download for today on google play Cheesy

wut?  Cheesy

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Gaylord+Nelson
http://www.nelsonearthday.net/
earthcoin (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:21:58 PM

It's finally here!

wut?  Cheesy

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Gaylord+Nelson
http://www.nelsonearthday.net/

Wes bet none of you would get it! I should've taken his bet Cheesy

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
Pages: « 1 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 [497] 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: