Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:27:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 [498] 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840287 times)
earthcoin (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:23:30 PM

hey

i read this threads latest conflicts and I'm rly curios where EAC gets with this discordance.
it is funny to see that some aggressive fellas came back just to spread some shitty ideas about the code and so on...
changing to PoS wouldn't be an new innovation since Mint and Eccoin are advertising with exactly that strategy and do they win the cryptoleague? -nope.

the idea with PoS:
-People get coins for holding their shitloads of coins...
-coins will be generated without using computerpower...

---> eco.

aaaye.
on one hand you guys want to go away from the charitystuff, which was kind of unique as earthcoin was born, and on the other hand you want to change to a system which is working exactly as you guys want it (look eccoin, a mintcoin clone), but doesn't create value?

There was a moment of doubt and pain, followed by some (ongoing) transition. We're still down with charities, but also want to make sure that earthcoins are actually worth something to those charities.

We miss you Steve!

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SteveoMB

Activity: 360

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:10:12 PM

hey

i read this threads latest conflicts and I'm rly curios where EAC gets with this discordance.
it is funny to see that some aggressive fellas came back just to spread some shitty ideas about the code and so on...
changing to PoS wouldn't be an new innovation since Mint and Eccoin are advertising with exactly that strategy and do they win the cryptoleague? -nope.

the idea with PoS:
-People get coins for holding their shitloads of coins...
-coins will be generated without using computerpower...

---> eco.

aaaye.
on one hand you guys want to go away from the charitystuff, which was kind of unique as earthcoin was born, and on the other hand you want to change to a system which is working exactly as you guys want it (look eccoin, a mintcoin clone), but doesn't create value?

There was a moment of doubt and pain, followed by some (ongoing) transition. We're still down with charities, but also want to make sure that earthcoins are actually worth something to those charities.

We miss you Steve!

Thank you. I always enjoyed the good conversations and discussions, Kev.

As Cryptozark asked me for, I will try to be a small part of this, even if we have different opinions.

Earthcoin faces some serious issues.

Similar to Bitcoins situation, we have two camps here.

1. Investors/Miners                 2. "Revolutionists"

1. We need value. We want rising prices at exchanges to pay our bills.

2. "No matter what race, age, ethnicity, we're all part of this beautiful planet, and who knows maybe this tiny lil' grass roots idea might be enough to unite some/many of us!" -Change the monetary system, take the banks power and give it to the people.

This fact is followed by an Egg/Chicken-Question... which camp was first? Which is the real reason Earthcoin should work? ... The answer is greed! Everyone is working for the same reason. Money.

So the real problem is: How can Earthcoin become a strong currency, if the greed prevents it from growing?
As I found Earthcoin i was really liking its direction and stuff... but all in all this system is for greedy guys. It's all about money. That Earthcoin is green is more like a medium for the moneything...
If anyone could prove that Earthcoin is not only about money, this person deserves a Pulitzer and a Nobelprice for Rhetorics and Mythomania.

While we have 150+ Coins, growing and all claim to be a currency, an asset, a fast way of making money,
Bitcoins networking-effect is growing every day and is unreachable.
Like Andreas Antonopoulos said: If Bitcoin needs adjustment, they just code a new sourcecode. So this is a HERCULES-MISSION. Earthcoin had to win against Bitcoin...

This whole Altcoinmarket is driven by greed into the dirt, because you guys stop innovations and try to make fast money.

You do daytrading, you push votes for exchanges, just to make 10 Satoshis and to trade it against BTC as fast as possible. Everyone does it.
Period.

A way out would be:

*an exchange, where FIAT could be traded for EAC.

*a big campaign where all you couchsitters go out and make a photo of you, holding an Earthcoin-logo. Thousands of pictures at Twitter/Reddit/Facebook should raise the attention-level

*Support Guys like 24kilo, atxsilver, and the boston-restaurant-guy.

*Don't sell your coins, but do daytrading with different coins. Put all your wins into Earthcoin. That's naive, isnt it?

*Buy things at Earthazaar, support Centurion and start the marketcircle.

*Wear Earthcoin-caps, T-Shirts, be a part of Earthcoin in the real wold

*Talk to friends, even if you pay with your reputation.

*Ask farmers around the world, if they are willing to take EAC as a payment for 1(!) tiny percent of their goods.

*Try to be a critical, positiv voice in the community. not like testbitcoiner or atlantisplatform who like to insult everyone. (no community needs this hotheads)

*Dont even think about the price of EAC, just improve its whole infrastructure.

Now tell me, you want to do all these steps.... I dont think so...

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
hashmen

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:47:57 PM

RIP Shitcoin.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:54:02 PM

I'm dumb.

You're last 50 posts are disparaging different coins.
Some life you're living.  Roll Eyes
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:07:36 PM

Most people are lazy (including me), and have 100 other coins to divide their attention to. Then they'll naturally pick the ones that they think they are most likely to profit from. Unfortunately, EAC is not one of those coins at the moment.

I would never encourage my family or friends to invest anything into something that I'm almost sure will just halve its value each week that passes. I have the stomach to make the gamble and am fine with it but couldn't live with myself if I introduced EAC to someone and later found out (s)he had invested and lost money because of it.

But what if, EAC for some unimaginable reason started to gain value, slow and steady rise to around 200-300 satoshi - would people be more likely to start to spread the word and encourage others to join as well? Or, brag that they "doubled their money in a week" and get the inevitable questions of how can I do it as well?
SteveoMB

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:20:45 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 02:31:29 PM by SteveoMB

Most people are lazy (including me), and have 100 other coins to divide their attention to. Then they'll naturally pick the ones that they think they are most likely to profit from. Unfortunately, EAC is not one of those coins at the moment.

I would never encourage my family or friends to invest anything into something that I'm almost sure will just halve its value each week that passes. I have the stomach to make the gamble and am fine with it but couldn't live with myself if I introduced EAC to someone and later found out (s)he had invested and lost money because of it.

But what if, EAC for some unimaginable reason started to gain value, slow and steady rise to around 200-300 satoshi - would people be more likely to start to spread the word and encourage others to join as well? Or, brag that they "doubled their money in a week" and get the inevitable questions of how can I do it as well?

yeah but most people like you expect bare magic to make some money.
People lost their moral, they are so corrupted that they use even good things to get the money of others. You do know, that this system is a snowballsystem as long as people do daytrading?
GJ Snowballers!

Earthcoin could go up to 100-200 satoshis, but not by lazy people looking for the fast money.

And to be honest I hope that you greedy guys lose all of your money. Just because this innovation is way more valuable as daytrading makes it look like.

This is a ideological thing. I don't wanna start this discussion because we would never find a solution.

But that was the reason I left this community, because 99% (not only at earthcoin)  use it for their own benefits.

*clapping*

illodin

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:39:07 PM

What is a "snowballsystem"?
SteveoMB

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:44:10 PM

What is a "snowballsystem"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme

0rganic

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:46:59 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 03:26:56 PM by 0rganic

People lost their moral, they are so corrupted that they use even good things to get the money of others. You do know, that this system is a snowballsystem as long as people do daytrading?
GJ Snowballers!

Agree 100%

Earthcoin could go up to 100-200 satoshis, but not by lazy people looking for the fast money.

And to be honest I hope that you greedy guys lose all of your money. Just because this innovation is way more valuable as daytrading makes it look like.

This is a ideological thing. I don't wanna start this discussion because we would never find a solution.

But that was the reason I left this community, because 99% (not only at earthcoin)  use it for their own benefits.

*clapping*

Agree 200%
illodin

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:56:29 PM

That's true, and now that we all know that, how should it affect EAC's business plan? Could it be possible there exists a way to exploit that fact for the greater good of EAC?

But that was the reason I left this community, because 99% (not only at earthcoin)  use it for their own benefits.

That is the human nature. The one who can take advantage of it can really succeed.
SteveoMB

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:14:12 PM

That's true, and now that we all know that, how should it affect EAC's business plan? Could it be possible there exists a way to exploit that fact for the greater good of EAC?

That is the human nature. The one who can take advantage of it can really succeed.

I listed a few points which would help EAC longterm.

Human nature means hedonistic/animalistic taking anything you can get?

Now I don't wanne be that kind of human...

BTW: You cannot be both. you cannot be a daytrader AND make Earthcoin successful at once.

It is hard to say but, grow a backbone and decide what you are. Either way you know where your place is. In Earthcoins boat or in the daytrading boat. You decide.

This altcoinmarket needs a few people to stand up.
This is only my opinion...

illodin

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:21:04 PM

I'm not trading daily if that's what makes someone a day trader btw. I just mined at the beginning and lately bought my way to 20M coins total just because I could. And I take it if I don't have the energy to do more, I should sell it all now and go away?
Anubite

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:07:42 PM

Let's all give our EAC to the Jaguar rescue and stop worrying about the price. If it climbs we'll have more jaguars, and you wont be worried about what EAC is doing every day. Sound good? I mean, if you bought in at 80+, your EAC is worthless now, so why not? Truly not worth the stress.

Let me know if I am doing something right. Smiley
DOGE: DKBx8CMVnFwnea2uQ3RsLLB2CvQCFkzVT8
Cryptsy: 8981f2166046a5b587c4f86a2c994ec573a8a236
testbitcoiner

Activity: 126

I like crypto

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:12:26 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 06:51:02 PM by testbitcoiner

POS is inflation?

I know economics is a difficult topic, so let me break it down for you:

POW is inflation. it makes people who own and use the coin lose buying power, because other people create more eac diluting their buying power and % of EAC they hold.

a POW guys's wallet will buy him less and less every day, even if prices stay the same.
why? because once the merchant realizes that he can sell his crates of of butter in 10 seconds for 1 mil eac, he is gonna charge 2 mil the next day. not because price of eac has changes, but because too many people have a mil eac, since 15 mil are produced every day.
his wallet contents will buy him less butter every day.
i.e.  his stake is diluted and diminished daily

POS does the opposite. it rewards HOLDERS. does NOT dilute their stake and does not punish people who use the coin and hold it. it gives those who do continually more coins, thus not creating inflation, or no comparable amount to "printing" eac by people who do not want to own it. i.e. multipools.

their wallet contents will buy them just as much butter or silver as id did the day before, if prices stay stable.
his stake remains the same. even if the amount of coins increases

economic lesson from your local polymath.

I do not want to talk down to people. this is very very hard to understand for the majority of people. only because they do not understand is why fiat is still around.

but it makes little sense to engage in the crypto game without grasping the nature of inflation and loss of buying power.

the market is infinitely perceptive. it understands inflation, even if the devs have a hard time with it. thus the eac slide to the teens in sat.

that is why the POS peercoin is and has been the 3rd biggest currency.
this is why every POS coin out there has more market cap than eac and more buying power

edit: to make it clear, POS can lead to a theoretically bigger amount of EAC than the POW scheme.
but only if you completely overdo the yearly interest AND do not lower this interest every year.
from this point on, POW standard EAC will produce 400% of what the amount of coins we have now. only THIS YEAR.

my suggestion of 25% interest or even 40% would be massively less coins than POW. a yearly lowering of 5-10% would put a significant cap on the production of eac.

so while in theory 1000 years from now there would be more eac with yearly interest of 1% ( or whatever is the minimum interest % ) than POW eac, if eac is still around in 1000 years, it can handle 1% each year.

POW is 400% of eac this year alone. AND it goes to people who do not use it or hold it. this 400% is pure inflation.
it offers nothing to current eac holders. it will not spread the coin any more than it already has.
it will only produce inflation and lower coin value.

so accusing POS of inflation is either dishonest, or speaks of a fundamental lack of economic understanding, or both.
twospirit

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:34:46 PM

POS is inflation?

I know economics is a difficult topic, so let me break it down for you:

but after two, three years the coin will be mostly mined out, so it should change to deflation or some kind of balance, shouldn't?
illodin

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:08:54 PM

but after two, three years the coin will be mostly mined out, so it should change to deflation or some kind of balance, shouldn't?

Yes, but by then other coins may already have established the critical mass of users.
testbitcoiner

Activity: 126

I like crypto

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:56:54 PM

Yes, but by then other coins may already have established the critical mass of users.

someone understands Smiley
sedrchang

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:27:01 PM

Hello Earthlings.

I’ve been reading the forum, which it might not seem as I haven’t posted anything up for a bit, but I do see what y’all are talking about.

So, Proof of Stake.

This may be the most uneconomic and stupid idea ever put forth in the crypto community. I doubt it, as that well has no bottom, but this is a coin. It’s supposed to faciltate trade and foster development of an ecosystem. This is anathema to simply hoarding it. As ATXsilver pointed out, it essentially incentivises taking your coins out of circulation for a long/indefinite period of time to “earn” a little extra coin. It’s illusory.

You want to earn interest on your coins? EARN IT! Make loans, make investments in people’s ideas with a specific, periodic repayment. Look up what Return on Investment really means, and you’ll have a firmer understanding of what I’m talking about, and why POS is a really amazingly bad idea.

How i can even help EAC in any ways ,if the dev even dont know POS? thats fail.

No no no you WANT A COIN THAT CAN BE MINED.. SO U DONT HAVE TO BUY IT. Thats what i understand from all long words u said.

Check BitShares-PTS and BitSharesX(not yet launched) ,this is what i understood for the last 3 hours reading/searching about BitShares, they will combine POS and POW ,much like NXT (the BitSharesX) , but you must have BitShares-PTS coins (POW) in the BitShares-PTS wallet so later the amount in it will help for 'earning from transaction fees' in BitSharesX wallet later , this is even looks/sound better than NXT already, and i just know BitShares 3 hours ago.

You understand? You.Need.Innovation. Thats all. And byeee.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:03:58 PM

PoS and PoW is not new. Deutsche eMark (DEM) has this since December.

http://www.deutsche-emark.org/
ThatMouse

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:41:02 PM

In a way this drop in price is in the design of Earthcoin. Look at the block rewards, it's still increasing every day. In a few days we're at the max of 12,000EAC per block. Then the block reward will go down to 8,000EAC in the coming 6 months. That's a decrease of around 33%. So currently the inflation of Earthcoin is the highest it will ever be.
Pages: « 1 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 [498] 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: