Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:31:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232497 times)
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:39:15 AM

I'll repeat something again and tell something new. The main culprit as the price drops Vertcoin  is algorithm X11. Due to the mass phenomenon Scrypt ASIC we're expected that all or most scrypt miners move to vertcoin. However, this did not happen because litecoin and other scrypt miners migrated to X11 coins. This is because the X11 algorithm saves about 50% electricity. We need mining software that consumes less power than X11 algorithm (if possible). We need it urgently! That n Scrypt algorithm was more energy efficient than the algorithm X11, we would now have a much larger number of miners, much higher hashrate, much more positive atmosphere and vertcoin price would be much higher and not much less. Then it should be followed by strong advertising. If that does not help,  I would be obligatory to change the block award. All this needs to be urgently and forcefully to perform!
mig5000

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:04:29 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 02:18:00 PM by mig5000

Lol it's not the fucking algorithm the problem. Vertcoin would launch with the same feature with a 2 week mining and then POS and I'm 100% convinced that the market cap of VTC would be closer to 10M than to 1M.

I used to mine and all I was thinking about was to ROI my rigs. Now I made 10x on my investment and I cannot affort to have high inflation coin in my portfolio in a bear market.

XMR is imo a MUCH better coin than VTC and one of the best around and I cannot have it in my portfolio as the inflation is 90 BTC PER DAY DO YOU EVEN REALIZE. THAT'S FUCKING Huge. Believe me that XMR is going to have the same problem as VTC is having right now very very soon. You will see it's price cut by 80% as soon as it's less of a hot commodity.

Coins with high inflation :

Doge had and as soon as their inflation settled down it started stabilizing and then climbing back some
LTC str8 down
MYR str8 down
VTC str8 down
Quark fixed it and now they are stabilized
DRK fixed it and they stabilized and then moon
XMR str8 down too

Coins with low inflation are able to find some kind of floor even if they are running cold.

Coins with low inflation/no inflation

BC : On it's floor/trading range
CINNI :  On it's floor/trading range
VRC : Consolidating/trading range
XC: Consolidating/trading range
NXT : Consolidating/trading range
VOOT : Consolidating/trading range

Good coins with decent/good innovation are going through cycles too but the difference between POW and POS is at certain floors bag holder are LESS likely to drop. Pow coins, have new bag holders day after day who just dump their new bags to investors but guess what NO FUCKING INVESTOR WANT TO HAVE 40-100% INFLATION, so it's just dump city.

I wanted to invest 20k in VTC but I won't until inflation is totally fixed with a dynamic block reward that will be function of the marketcap/difficulty. The bigger the market cap, the higher the price, the more miner there is and the less reward there should be to maintain the same integrity of the system.
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:45:57 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 02:58:08 PM by othe

Lol it's not the fucking algorithm the problem. Vertcoin would launch with the same feature with a 2 week mining and then POS and I'm 100% convinced that the market cap of VTC would be closer to 10M than to 1M.

I used to mine and all I was thinking about was to ROI my rigs. Now I made 10x on my investment and I cannot affort to have high inflation coin in my portfolio in a bear market.

XMR is imo a MUCH better coin than VTC and one of the best around and I cannot have it in my portfolio as the inflation is 90 BTC PER DAY DO YOU EVEN REALIZE. THAT'S FUCKING Huge. Believe me that XMR is going to have the same problem as VTC is having right now very very soon. You will see it's price cut by 80% as soon as it's less of a hot commodity.

Doge had and as soon as their inflation settled down it started stabilizing and then climbing back some
LTC str8 down
MYR str8 down
VTC str8 down
XMR str8 down too

Coins with low inflation are able to find some kind of floor even if they are running cold.

Good coins with decent/good innovation are going through cycles too but the difference between POW and POS is at certain floors bag holder are LESS likely to drop. Pow coins, have new bag holders day after day who just dump their new bags to investors but guess what NO FUCKING INVESTOR WANT TO HAVE 40-100% INFLATION, so it's just dump city.

I wanted to invest 20k in VTC but I won't until inflation is totally fixed with a dynamic block reward that will be function of the marketcap/difficulty. The bigger the market cap, the higher the price, the more miner there is and the less reward there should be to maintain the same integrity of the system.

Xmr is highly deflationary, after 2 years 80% of the coins are mined if it proofs utility it will be successfull. Ltc is far more inflationary and has a much higher price without much utility so far.

Drk goes down too even with their low inflation: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/drkbtc , its nearly 3x less than the ATH
BC goes down too: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/bcbtc it goes just down from the ATH, its like 5x less than the ATH
Cinni? down too: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/cinnibtc
XC too: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/xcbtc

i am not even looking at the other coins and all pure pos coins u mentioned are insecure by design, look up the nothing-at-stake problem which prolly cant be solved.
PoS is just a hype for scammers (i am not talking about blackcoin, they seem to have noble intentions but all those short mining phase pow/pos coins who are just clones) like the countrycoins before that...and i cant even remember what was before that...

The market is overflooded with scams and "shitcoins", its all about pump and dump and greed has taken over completly, people have no interest in cryptocurrencies and the money flows from 1 coin to the next for fiat/btc profit, thats all that counts.

zzzman20

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:46:58 PM

I myself have already stated the emission should be changed, it has to be smooth in my opinion, a regular decrease in the blockreward system and not only every 4 years.

This is something that I can work with as it is not as drastic as halving or severely reducing the block rewards as some people are mentioning. Because we have people wanting to fix the inflation and others do not. I think we, the vertcoin community, just needs to meet in the middle somewhere; a smooth gradual reduction overtime may be the best option, like Othe mentioned.

There is just not enough evidence, facts, or information in reducing the block rewards will save vertcoin. Theoretically, you would think so, but it is not always the case and this is why I cannot agree with reducing block rewards significantly or halving the blocks rewards, yet. Yes, some coins may be lucky, but some are not. If something needs to be done with inflation, then, Othe's opinion has my support!

With that being said, the inflation concern is being heavily discussed and it is not an easy decision for the development team as there are many opinions in what people want. At some point, there will be an answer to this inflation concern. Stay calm, relax, and enjoy the weekend!

Cheers!

Dude, we need a drastic change or Vertcoin is going to Die Off. Darkcoin did a drastic change and its price went up tenfold, and they have a freaking 50% instamine!
The devs just need to cut the block reward 70%, or this coin will die off, its price drops 10% everyday. The community(newbie accs) obviously dont know what the fuck theyre saying, all the older member accs have said that the block reward needs to be cut!

Yes block reward needs to be lowered, and the sooner the better. In 4 years what will the situation be with crypto? No one knows. Lower the block reward now, change the algo from the highly unpopular power hungry Scrypt-N to a new more friendly algo.

Better yet, change to POS and stop mining altogether.
xingqiaoyin

Activity: 395

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:52:01 PM

LTC str8 down
MYR str8 down
VTC str8 down
XMR str8 down too

The algorithm plays a role too... obviously there are miners who are also investors around who have a bias towards a cooler running algorithm...you are emphasizing  from the sole point of investor only. Though I don't see you as an investor, i think you are more of a short or mid term trader... the reward system as is is a balance between what miners and investors want. Lower the reward and you'd make the miners flee.

The BIGGEST problem is public accepatance. As cryptos are still in early stages most of them, entertaining miners is more important than entertaining short term traders. The main goal is always and always to make vtc better and easier to use than fiat and btc. It's the problem for every alts and btc too..

POS is good for one thing only...early instamining and dumping to the suckers who think the coin has a bright future...it may or may not be...but without solving the BIGGEST problem which is the public accepting crypto....every alts and even btc will remain a speculative commodity as is now..

My 2C.

Jiggy0001

Activity: 734

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:54:25 PM

LTC str8 down
MYR str8 down
VTC str8 down
XMR str8 down too

Xmr is highly deflationary, after 2 years 80% of the coins are mined if it proofs utility it will be successfull. Ltc is far more inflationary and has a much higher price without much utility so far.

Drk goes down too even with their low inflation: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/drkbtc , its nearly 3x less than the ATH
BC goes down too: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/bcbtc it goes just down from the ATH, its like 5x less than the ATH

i am not even looking at the other coins and all pure pos coins u mentioned are insecure by design, look up the nothing-at-stake problem which prolly cant be solved.
PoS is just a hype for scammers (i am not talking about blackcoin, they seem to have noble intentions but all those short mining phase pow/pos coins who are just clones) like the countrycoins before that...and i cant even remember what was before that...

Do you want to know what the real problem is? The market is overflooded with scams and "shitcoins", its all about pump and dump and greed has taken over completly, people have no interest in cryptocurrencies and the money flows from 1 coin to the next for fiat/btc profit, thats all that counts.

So this an excuse to not adjust VTC's block reward? What do you think will be the result of the current situation?
No one will be interested in VTC anyway, because no one will rely on a dying horse! No merchants and no investor is going to take the risk... All the great features are becoming worthless and the dev is not going to work on that if we become maza coin!!!

Why the hell are you listening to people who don't want to change the block reward? Most of them might not even hold VTC and are enjoying the decline of VTC!

VTC has to go through this current situation with a stable value, otherwise it will a garbage coin!!!
othe

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:01:35 PM

Then provide a definitive solution to our problem.

All examples you mentioned are bad.

mig5000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:14:15 PM

XMR producing 90 BTC per day with 5500 market cap is deflationary , like really ? Producing 1.5% every day of new coins is not really a good plan for a "stable" currency.

Also to those who believe I'm a short mid term trader, you cannot be more wrong. When I believe in a coin I'm in for the long haul. I have had NXT/XC for 2-3 month w/o touching them and added VRC 3 weeks ago and not small amounts so I can't really get out if things go south. >30 BTC each and one of them 100 BTC.

Also it's been proven multiple times that POS is more secure than POW.

If you were to crash a BTC like coin it would cost you between 20-100M and if instead a BTC like coin was to be POS it would cost you way over half it's current market cap as you would need 50% of the coins staking and by trying to do so the market cap would explode, so way over 4Billion, please correct me if I am wrong, plus the mining is centralized and what not.
Jiggy0001

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:15:41 PM

That's such a stupid discussion, when the dev members are asking for solutions!
You have a list on reddit with all the solutions mentioned!

So you are saying that you will leave everything as it is right now?

No changes, just let the coin as it is?

Please explain what you are going to do!

You are making me really angry and I am asking myself what I am supporting when I take those losses and have to read so much shit!
mig5000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:20:47 PM

Also if you guys knew even a small bit about inflation you would know it's a VERY VERY bad thing. There has been multiple crash in the history of FIAT that were mainly caused because of too high inflation. THIS IS NOT SUSTAINABLE. Nowadays the inflation targeted by the central banks around the globe is about 3% anything higher than that is asking for trouble. Yet people in the crypto accept inflation of 40-200% for the first couple months/years. That's just ridiculous.

I hope you wake up some day and act before it's too late but devs should be considered as leaders of a company as a coin is effectively one and you guys asking every now and then how to fix this problem is a good reason for me to not invest in a coin such a this anymore. A coin is not a fucking democracy it's a business.
othe

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:24:20 PM

XMR producing 90 BTC per day with 5500 market cap is deflationary , like really ? Producing 1.5% every day of new coins is not really a good plan for a "stable" currency.

Also to those who believe I'm a short mid term trader, you cannot be more wrong. When I believe into a coin I'm in for the long haul. I have had NXT/XC for 2-3 month w/o touching them and add VRC 3 weeks ago and not small amounts so I can't really get out if things go south. >30 BTC each and one of them 100 BTC.

Also it's been proven multiple times that POS is more secure than POW.

If you were to crash a BTC like coin it would cost you between 20-100M and if instead a BTC like coin was to be POS it would cost you way over half it's current market cap as you would need 50% of the coins staking and by trying to do so the market cap would explode, so way over 4Billion, please correct me if I am wrong, plus the mining is centralized and what not.

POS is NOT secure and prolly CANNOT be secure in its current form you are just so wrong dude, you have absolutely no technical background it seems or you simply don't want to understand the technical flaws.

you should read the posts from Deathandtaxes to at least try to understand this: https://bitcointa.lk/threads/which-proof-of-stake-system-is-the-most-viable.304802/page-6#post-6679266

It costs absolutey ZERO to attack a PoS coin.

Also read this post from Vitalik Buretin (Ethereum): https://blog.ethereum.org/2014/07/05/stake/

"The attacker can attack the network using private keys that controlled coins in the past.  He creates an attack chain starting from a point in the currently-dominant chain where those coins were valid to create a new attack chain.  It is called "nothing at stake" because if the attack fails the already-spent coins he used to launch the attack simply remain worthless."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624223.0

That thread has some more information, and yes you have to read the full 80 pages.

It has a reason Sunnyking uses a pos/pow hybrid and a centralized checkpointing system for peercoin. a good reason.

mig5000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:27:26 PM

LTC str8 down
MYR str8 down
VTC str8 down
XMR str8 down too

The market is overflooded with scams and "shitcoins", its all about pump and dump and greed has taken over completly, people have no interest in cryptocurrencies and the money flows from 1 coin to the next for fiat/btc profit, thats all that counts.

Also why the fuck are you looking at ATH... VTc is down 15x since ATH and there is still no floor to be found

All the others coins you quoted are down since there ATH which is NORMAL and they found new floors. None of them are on a non stoping downswing besides the coin that are still INSANELY inflationary as of now. XMR,LTC,VTC,MYR,etc.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:28:10 PM

You guys constantly complaining about price and inflation sound like as soon as price goes up, you will dump and be done with vertcoin. What other reason do you have for obsessing over price? Inflation is supposed to be high initially to encourage distribution of the new coin. If you knew about high inflation, and you're such economic experts, then why the fuck did you buy a super inflationary coin and expect to be able to hold it for profit?
mig5000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:31:10 PM

You guys constantly complaining about price and inflation sound like as soon as price goes up, you will dump and be done with vertcoin. What other reason do you have for obsessing over price? Inflation is supposed to be high initially to encourage distribution of the new coin. If you knew about high inflation, and you're such economic experts, then why the fuck did you buy a super inflationary coin and expect to be able to hold it for profit?

I am not and nobody sane is and that's the problem really. When VTC is 5x lower than this or 10x lower than this you will understand why it's a problem.

@Othe Yeah I might not have followed all the whereabouts of POS but POW with asics is too not that secure considering you could have a rogue agent building them on the side for a fraction of the market cap and kill it tomorrow w/o people noticing it.
Jiggy0001

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:44:05 PM

the whole anti asic thing is over... how many scrypt coins are out there atm?
this problem is not up to date anymore!

My solution is switch over to another algo, because there is no reason anymore the scrypt asics will make miners move over to VTC!

And reduce the reward! I am not talking about POS!
othe

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:48:25 PM

the whole anti asic thing is over... how many scrypt coins are out there atm?
this problem is not up to date anymore!

My solution is switch over to another algo, because there is no reason anymore the scrypt asics will make miners move over to VTC!

And reduce the reward! I am not talking about POS!

The pow doesnt matter, tell me one successful x11 coin that isnt mined by a shitton of fpgas.
Why on earth do you think that switching the proof of work algo does change anything?
I really want an explanation on that.

Jiggy0001

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:08:01 PM

i told you that you should not switch to POS.

To be honest when i read YOUR comments i really start to hate VTC, because you seem to say that the investors are stupid and don't have any clue. We should simply live with that unless we tell YOU how to solve the problem.

Man that is simply the wrong way, but it seems that you don't get it.

You blame us for not contributing to a solution... we are not developing the coin..

Tell me WHY VTC is going do so rapidly then? What are YOU going to do now?

Are you ignoring the fact that and are not going to change anything?

What is with all the plans posted on reddit?

What do you think merchants will think about VTC when they look at the charts? Who will trust VTC and who will take it seriously?

othe

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:15:23 PM

To be honest when i read YOUR comments i really start to hate VTC, because you seem to say that the investors are stupid and don't have any clue. We should simply live with that unless we tell YOU how to solve the problem.

You are blame us for nothing, we are not developing the coin..

Its not my/our fault that miners are dumping every coin they mine.
What can we do against that? Prolly nothing.

If we change the inflation, the already mined coins will be worth more prolly, agree, but that doesnt stop miners from dumping there coins..why would it? Also most people would just dump their coins here and smash the price down to where it is now. Also a lot of miners will leave making our network less secure than it is...

you can hate me as much as you want, i dont give a f... you want a change but cant provide a solution.

I dont have a longterm solution that would work for sure, if someone provides one we would prolly implement it...

Man this is a FOSS project, everyone can contribue we arent a software company that sold you a paid library...so stop acting like we are.

raleit2014

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Crypto is the Future!

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 04:15:53 PM

Can someone get word to the Dev's to message me when they get a chance?
I have some questions about stealth addresses

Raleit2014
CA

http://cryptoanalytics.trade/
1GJ6MocSnEih1tjPstsCKBxgH2PRpdBnVB
Willisius

Activity: 364

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:19:12 PM

You are blame us for nothing, we are not developing the coin..

Its not my/our fault that miners are dumping every coin they mine.
What can we do against that? Prolly nothing.

If we change the inflation, the already mined coins will be worth more prolly, agree, but that doesnt stop miners from dumping there coins..why would it? Also most people would just dump their coins here and smash the price down to where it is now. Also a lot of miners will leave making our network less secure than it is...

you can hate me as much as you want, i dont give a f... you want a change but cant provide a solution.

I dont have a longterm solution that would work for sure, if someone provides one we would prolly implement it...

Man this is a FOSS project, everyone can contribue we arent a software company that sold you a paid library...so stop acting like we are.

Too many people are forgetting this. It's an open source project, not a business! Personally I don't advocate investing in any coin for reasons like this Tongue Anyway I haven't been keeping up with VTC but good luck with stealth addresses!
Pages: « 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: