Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:40:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 [584] 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232523 times)
nonny12

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:49:31 AM

But my point was that it shouldn't be our focus right now, our focus should be on increasing adoption, because without adoption nothing else will really matter.

VTC can be spent at a large amount of places. http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2aoc6n/merchant_monday_7142014/
Whether or not people know about this and use it is a different problem. It goes in line with the other comments we've had about communication issues.

Also with VertVerser, VTC is accepted anywhere BTC is accepted, as long as the transaction is under 125 VTC. That's a low cap right now, dev has said it will increase when it starts being used more.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:50:23 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 09:30:02 AM by jk_14

ALL changing coin minting rate at this time will do is scare people away - including lots of your current supporters.

ppl are already scared.
just take a look at current diff and hashrate. d'u want to see it at the same rates as execoin's?
see coinedup buy orders - there are none.

I'd rather see those rates than see the coin ruined. You can recover from a bad price - you can't recover ruined trust.

I agree 100% with you styxical, but I think it's worth considering going to an exponentially decaying block reward, rather than halving every four years, if the same amount of coins are released over the same time period for the life of the coin, then it should help reduce inflation a bit immediately, but not really change anything long term.

Also, since that would require a hard fork, maybe at the same time change algorithm and possibly implement the shark bite multipool thingamajig or some variant of it, such as block maturity time rather than block reward.

Key factor in my model of inflation proposition is keeping max amount of coins unchanged.

The only difference in long term is the time period - when we will see the max amount of coins
- so the key difference between Bitcoin/Litecoin/Vertcoin and my model is:

Time period is not hardcoded.

This time is variable, matched to the current situation, let say: hardcoded is flexibility.
And flexibility is usually good thing.

If we have greater success of coin (that means: huge network hashrate growth)
- then this time period is shorter, and can be shorter,

what is key matter here, and what is already confirmed by Litecoin case.

(I agree: this future key hard fork - should carry all approved improvements together)
jk_14
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:58:11 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 07:37:55 AM by jk_14

http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2b12my/new_inflation_model_i_have_created_reddit_account/

It's my first post on Reddit, I'm not sure if it's correctly posted...
odaxis

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:25:01 PM

our focus should be on increasing adoption, because without adoption nothing else will really matter.

disagree
our prime target sould be stabilising the price
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:28:36 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2b12my/new_inflation_model_i_have_created_reddit_account/

Looks like it got removed, jk Huh

Also, I'm not in favor of really changing the time taken to emit the coins, but if you can get your idea posted, I'll be glad to give it a read Smiley
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:32:39 PM

our focus should be on increasing adoption, because without adoption nothing else will really matter.

disagree

nope. An obsession with price just makes it look loike pump and dump crapola, which it isn't and won't be (hopefully). If we can focus on getting more miners and more people using the coin, then price will follow (hopefully).
jk_14
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:43:06 PM

Also, I'm not in favor of really changing the time taken to emit the coins, but if you can get your idea posted, I'll be glad to give it a read Smiley

I'm not familiar with reddit rules - should my post be available only here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/

or here also:
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/new/ and
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/

?
odaxis

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:40:40 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 03:55:12 PM by odaxis

ALL changing coin minting rate at this time will do is scare people away - including lots of your current supporters.

ppl are already scared.
just take a look at current diff and hashrate. d'u want to see it at the same rates as execoin's?

I'd rather see those rates than see the coin ruined. You can recover from a bad price - you can't recover ruined trust.

Vertcoin is commonly known as a fair coin type.

If you have coin, when in case of some network growth - both miners and investors have most fair distribution
of their investment costs into this network growth

- it will only increase the trust, especially in such coin type, right?

there are no investots in vertcoin right now, only bagholders.
let me tell you something about investments:
the first and the main thing you should know that people expect their investments will grow.
that is simple - people want more money.
lets look at some grafs
very good market for investment
https://i.imgur.com/WWLiZOH.jpg

and this
https://i.imgur.com/P2arhqc.jpg

and this
https://i.imgur.com/QU1rSCR.jpg

and the perfect one
https://i.imgur.com/hjeENA5.jpg

and the VTC one
https://i.imgur.com/yuSVeiS.jpg

I will not invest any cent until I see it stable for a couple of months over 0.003
so the most people are.
90% of people are here for money and the other 10% are for idea  (decentralisation/privacy/...) and they are nothing without those 90%'s
I do not say vtc is bad coin, I say it is awesome, but when you on market you MUST play its rules if you want to succeed.
once the price hit new hights - you even can't amagine how many new people will discover vtc for themselves (= mass adoption, new followers and belivers, more miners, ... all that you dreamed about)
greed and fear.
price must be stabilised.
odaxis

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

disagree

nope. An obsession with price just makes it look loike pump and dump crapola, which it isn't and won't be (hopefully). If we can focus on getting more miners and more people using the coin, then price will follow (hopefully).

we will not get more miners untill we have decreasing price
100%
trust me
odaxis

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:55:55 PM

I'm not familiar with reddit rules - should my post be available only here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/

or here also:
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/new/ and
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/

?

couldn't find your post on reddit
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:33:59 PM

lets look at some grafs
very good market for investitions

I will not invest any cent until I see it stable for a couple of months over 0.003
so the most people are.
90% of people are here for money and the other 10% are for idea  (decentralisation/privacy/...) and they are nothing without those 90%'s
I do not say vtc is bad coin, I say it is awesome, but when you on market you MUST play its rules if you want to succeed.

You can't even spell investors or graphs properly, and wtf is investitions (a cross between investment and investigation?)?

Seems legit...

edit: I see it seems to be a german word (probably also graf, dunno about investots), still, if you want to chat on an english site and be taken seriously, "you MUST play its rules if you want to succeed."
odaxis

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:53:22 PM

lets look at some grafs

so the most people are.

You can't even spell investors or graphs properly, and wtf is investitions (a cross between investment and investigation?)?

Seems legit...

edit: I see it seems to be a german word (probably also graf, dunno about investots), still, if you want to chat on an english site and be taken seriously, "you MUST play its rules if you want to succeed."

c'mon man
you understood what i wrote
english is not my native language and I apologize for my spelling (sometimes I very hurry)
turtoro

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:54:29 PM

lets look at some grafs

so the most people are.

Seems legit...

Relax. Non native English speakers have the same right to voice their opinions as you do. Thats damn arrogant.  Do you want me to go through all your posts with a fine tooth comb checking for grammar and spelling? You know very well the gist of what he was saying.
xingqiaoyin

Activity: 395

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:04:03 PM

ppl are already scared.

If you have coin, when in case of some network growth - both miners and investors have most fair distribution

the first and the main thing you should know that people expect their investments will grow.
lets look at some grafs

and this

and this

and the perfect one

and the VTC one

so the most people are.
once the price hit new hights - you even can't amagine how many new people will discover vtc for themselves (= mass adoption, new followers and belivers, more miners, ... all that you dreamed about)
greed and fear.

Dude really unless you are someone with at least a million USD to burn stop talking big..
odaxis

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:21:57 PM

it is not big
I just say as it is
and always was.
BBristow79

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:37:14 PM

I agree long term investors that are not tech savvy are looking for a constant return on their money. They are enticed by stable promising investments which constantly rise.

I don't believe many people investing in Crypto are currently these type of investors. Perhaps some in BTC but certainly not Alts. It's way way too volatile. In fact the more volatile the Alt is the more it gets pumped and dumped. This brings attention to the coin but also gives everyone a headache who're truly invested in the future of the currency.

VTC needs both these investors. One to bring stability, the other (P & D) to bring awareness. When VTC was getting pumped we gained a lot of new subscriptions on the /r/vertcoin sub. Some were for the ride but many stuck on and helped make the community better.

VTC is going to get pumped again. It should rise, fall and land higher than where it started. This will repeat until we plateau at closer to a fair value. The cheaper the coin gets the more likely it is to be pumped. There are those that are accumulation coins right now both as investors and pumpers.

Stability will bring more people back into the VTC area of CC but I fear that the stability you're looking for won't really happen for quite some time. There are too many different factors at play right now.

At it's core VTC has all of the right factors to become a mainstream coin. I would argue that the only way we get the coin to where it belongs is through better marketing and promotions. We need to brand the coin and the concepts behind it. Changing one of the fundamentals behind the coin is not really an option. We will hard fork to remain decentralized but hard forking to raise the value of the coin should never been an option. If the coin is not where you feel it should be stop looking for a quick fix and start working towards adaptation, branding and marketing. Currently there are some great threads on r/vertcoin which should help with that.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:07:20 PM

ppl are already scared.

lets look at some grafs

and this

and this

and the perfect one

and the VTC one

so the most people are.
greed and fear.

He's right, and instead of insulting and nitpicking spelling mistakes, those of you who can't handle it might due well by growing up a little and getting over it.

jk_14
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:17:02 PM

Changing one of the fundamentals behind the coin is not really an option. We will hard fork to remain decentralized but hard forking to raise the value of the coin should never been an option. If the coin is not where you feel it should be stop looking for a quick fix and start working towards adaptation, branding and marketing. Currently there are some great threads on r/vertcoin which should help with that.

Bitcoin inflation model is not a dogma, am I right?
There are some drawbacks there.

My proposition is not about price , but in fact about you are talking too: strong adoption.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:29:52 PM

lets look at some grafs

so the most people are.

Seems legit...

Relax. Non native English speakers have the same right to voice their opinions as you do. Thats damn arrogant.  Do you want me to go through all your posts with a fine tooth comb checking for grammar and spelling? You know very well the gist of what he was saying.

Well, besides the English, he just put up a bunch of unlabeled graphs - no title and no y-axis label. Hurr durr, lines go up, let's listen to this guy...
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:33:25 PM

lets look at some grafs

so the most people are.

Seems legit...

Well, besides the English, he just put up a bunch of unlabeled graphs - no title and no y-axis label. Hurr durr, lines go up, let's listen to this guy...

His point was simple. Which would you "invest" in?

You don't need names to understand that. Only half a brain.

Pages: « 1 ... 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 [584] 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: