Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:15:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 [588] 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232521 times)
sqsq2002

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:17:12 AM

Please do not change Block Maturation  Angry
See the Market reaction. It's dumping now.

Only the PoW algo needs to evolve to keep vertcoin Asic resistance.

The survey is impossible to understand,
Inflation is the biggest problem solving,
Only price stability, long-term investors will hold the Vocational Training Council.
Today I sell 20K VTC, this is my angry vote
turtoro

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:27:22 AM

The survey is impossible to understand,
Inflation is the biggest problem solving,
Only price stability, long-term investors will hold the Vocational Training Council.
Today I sell 20K VTC, this is my angry vote

huh?
MichBjukenon

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:26:03 AM

Hey guys,

We haven't heard anything official when it comes to further plans for VertCoin for a while now, can anyone from the dev team put in a word or two? Nothing extensive, just a short update would be good enough, just so we know what are the next steps.

Also, where is Boris? He's been missing for a while.

Thanks,
Deky

like some one already stated,go to http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/ there are daily/weekly posts and updates by the devs there...
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:27:18 AM

Hey guys,

We haven't heard anything official when it comes to further plans for VertCoin for a while now, can anyone from the dev team put in a word or two? Nothing extensive, just a short update would be good enough, just so we know what are the next steps.

It would be nice to hear from the dev team a bit more often. I like your idea of just a simple update.

+1

BBristow79

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:07:34 PM

As nice as it is to have new people in our community and especially those who purchase a large amount of VTC if those same people jump ship over a vote I'm not sure they actually belonged in the first place. No one said that this was a binding vote. This could simply be a tool to get the pulse of the community. There's absolutely no reason to overreact one way or another.

There are those on both side of the debate for the inflation and maturation issues. The development team cannot make everyone happy it's impossible. I think everyone can agree they're a smart group of people and as they've already shown they don't make knee jerk reactions to things. We can expect every decision they make to be defined by a long intelligent thought process, with much debate, the community's voice heard, and most importantly with VTC's best interests at its core.

Tensions can be high for the volatility of trading in alts or for that matter in any stock market. My advice to investors, before jumping in and overreacting each turn up or down is to understand what's going on. It's not a place for the faint of heart. Understand that VTC is not a scam coin looking to sell out for temporary gains. This is a long term investment. There will be many ups and downs. Take a deep breath!

When I first thought about trading by injection of FIAT I first used imaginary money and watched my investment for about a month. I kept track of what my purchases and sales would have been (again imaginary money) on different days at the markets price. You get to see some of the ups and downs and can spot a P & D. These can be expensive lessons so I'm glad all I lost / gained was imaginary cash Smiley

We need to focus on making all of our community facing environments a more positive experience for people interested in CC and VTC. Think of yourself for a moment as a newbie looking to invest in CC. You heard something about VTC and came to this thread to learn more. Would you invest after reading the last 10 pages? What about Reddit? Or lack of posts on the official forum?

Lets clean shop and start focusing on the good while we let the devs work out the details. I'm not saying don't post your feelings, or thoughts just do so in a different way. Don't come in guns blazing threatening, offer constructive criticism.  Ignore the trolls, they feed off the negative. If you don't get it they'll leave for another thread that will indulge them.

It's time to remember what made this community so amazing. People helping each other, talking about innovation, getting excited about what's to come.

The only thing that I would ask from the dev team is that they pop in now and again to answer questions and talk about what's on their minds. We all know you're working behind the scenes but those looking to invest do not. Come on in and say Hi Smiley
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:29:06 PM

I like vertcoin support p2pool idea nad i think we could go this way and make some innovations. I dont have a idea what to do. I am not a programmer but my job is network administrator and i have access to our datacenter with nice servers and good operator class internet connection. So i can help in this area (Networking, Unix/Linux servers) I think we have to do something that reward people who use p2pool mining and operators of public p2pool nodes.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
cubevtc

Activity: 496

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 04:51:01 PM

As nice as it is to have new people in our community and especially those who purchase a large amount of VTC if those same people jump ship over a vote I'm not sure they actually belonged in the first place. No one said that this was a binding vote. This could simply be a tool to get the pulse of the community. There's absolutely no reason to overreact one way or another.

There are those on both side of the debate for the inflation and maturation issues. The development team cannot make everyone happy it's impossible. I think everyone can agree they're a smart group of people and as they've already shown they don't make knee jerk reactions to things. We can expect every decision they make to be defined by a long intelligent thought process, with much debate, the community's voice heard, and most importantly with VTC's best interests at its core.

Tensions can be high for the volatility of trading in alts or for that matter in any stock market. My advice to investors, before jumping in and overreacting each turn up or down is to understand what's going on. It's not a place for the faint of heart. Understand that VTC is not a scam coin looking to sell out for temporary gains. This is a long term investment. There will be many ups and downs. Take a deep breath!

When I first thought about trading by injection of FIAT I first used imaginary money and watched my investment for about a month. I kept track of what my purchases and sales would have been (again imaginary money) on different days at the markets price. You get to see some of the ups and downs and can spot a P & D. These can be expensive lessons so I'm glad all I lost / gained was imaginary cash Smiley

We need to focus on making all of our community facing environments a more positive experience for people interested in CC and VTC. Think of yourself for a moment as a newbie looking to invest in CC. You heard something about VTC and came to this thread to learn more. Would you invest after reading the last 10 pages? What about Reddit? Or lack of posts on the official forum?

Lets clean shop and start focusing on the good while we let the devs work out the details. I'm not saying don't post your feelings, or thoughts just do so in a different way. Don't come in guns blazing threatening, offer constructive criticism.  Ignore the trolls, they feed off the negative. If you don't get it they'll leave for another thread that will indulge them.

It's time to remember what made this community so amazing. People helping each other, talking about innovation, getting excited about what's to come.

The only thing that I would ask from the dev team is that they pop in now and again to answer questions and talk about what's on their minds. We all know you're working behind the scenes but those looking to invest do not. Come on in and say Hi Smiley

Well said! +1.

I am thinking the new users who respond to our recent advertisements may come in here (the official forum) looking for information and to learn more about Vertcoin.  It would be nice if we could greet them with a vibrant forum.

DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:47:17 PM

I think a regular algo change is the way to go to beat ASICs.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:13:35 PM

Please do not listen to shirenlihei....Block Maturation Needs to be changed.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1162

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:27:14 PM

Please visit my bitcointalk thread in order to view updates regarding the upcoming publication called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.0

Below is the teaser(preview) section of Vertcoin VTC.  Any feedback is welcome and donations towards the publication are highly appreciated.

Vh8Z1un353iLeqvyCyuXgbNNBqhReyPQFC

mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:47:22 PM

like some one already stated,go to http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/ there are daily/weekly posts and updates by the devs there...

Also @ https://vertcoin.org/blog/

By the way. great new site dev's. thank you Smiley

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
krileayn

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:21:56 PM

+1 Support the devs
styxical

Activity: 87

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:51:48 AM

Please visit my bitcointalk thread in order to view updates regarding the upcoming publication called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.0

Below is the teaser(preview) section of Vertcoin VTC.  Any feedback is welcome and donations towards the publication are highly appreciated.

Vh8Z1un353iLeqvyCyuXgbNNBqhReyPQFC

I hope that's not representative of a finished product.. you listed two different difficulty retargets and the list of exchanges is far from complete.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:29:40 AM

IS there a new miner out there for ScryptN which is better than 50% of Scrypt Hash Rate?

Seems the difficulty is too high at the moment. Why mine ScryptN when you can mine X11/X13 instead.
jk_14
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:05:59 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 07:26:18 AM by jk_14

Maybe there are no better companies in expanding their customer base than mobile telecoms. Competition is such hard now in crypto like from long time in mobile telecom market. It's hard to acquire new miners exactly the same way like is hard to acquire new mobile telecom customers on saturated market. Wise person - and Vertans are wise indeed - should learn from them, how to efficently operate on saturated market.

In our case expanding customer base is de facto expanding number of miners (network hashrate growth - and it is at least linear to level of adoption! ) Please note, that any new, potential mobile customer are able to buy the same phone set almost always in better price than customer already aquired, e.g. some months ago. And it's not overpaying - it is preserving continuos growth.

Additionally, we have less than telecoms risk of long "overpaying" period, because we have variable price, regulated by the market (see how overpayed 40$/ltc was self-regulated to 10-20$ level). Another important difference - new miners starting with VTC won't have better conditions than old miners (like in telecoms), but only: will be not punished as much as would be punished in old Satoshi inflation model.

The fact is, sad but true: Satoshi model is not efficient in case of saturated market.

Here is the mobile telecom expansion strategy translated into cryptoworld language - "Flexibility Hardcoded":

http://imgur.com/a/sYprA

100% growth of network hashrate cause 41.42% of growth of coins released (this is from sqrt(2) = 1.4142 )

In case of network hashrate growth, e.g. 4x:

a) difficulty grows 2x - it means 2x less amount of VTC for miners, but not 4x less - still 2x better than in other coins

b) 2x increased price in long term - instead of 4x , but this is the cost invested into network&customer base expansion; clear telecom strategy for customer base expansion

IMHO this is the most justice model ever between miners and investors - and perfect for current saturated cryptomarket. The only reasonable strategy.

As Vertcoin is aiming to be replacement of Litecoin for GPU miners - the level of saturation of Litecoin GPU network is not a bad idea for 28,8k coins per day level. It would be our goal.

Because it is well confirmed by Litecoin, that such robust 256GH/s scrypt network is able to handle 28,8k inflation, even at price more than 0.01 btc. Not mention about sky-rocketing level of adoption on such level...

Thank you for your attention.

jk_14
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:32:52 AM

P.S. Any opinions are welcome (because I still don't see any drawbacks, except hard fork )
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:01:24 AM

P.S. Any opinions are welcome (because I still don't see any drawbacks, except hard fork )

So are you saying growth of coins (ie bigger subsidy) or less coins (smaller subsidy)?

The first one wouldn't make sense-  and the second one has already been heavily discussed.

The network hashrate currently does not affect the number of coins mined  in a day. You are aware of this?

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Crypto_EX

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:12:45 AM

Please do not listen to shirenlihei....Block Maturation Needs to be changed.

no it does not lol

u r giving multipools a lot more noise than what they are actually worth ... at this point there effect is limited, period ...
jk_14
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:55:29 AM

So are you saying growth of coins (ie bigger subsidy) or less coins (smaller subsidy)?

The first one wouldn't make sense-  and the second one has already been heavily discussed.

The network hashrate currently does not affect the number of coins mined  in a day. You are aware of this?

Growth of coins with 1/sqrt(2) factor to the network hashrate growth,
and positioned such way, that we will meet current 28.8k/day inflation level at 256 GH/s scrypt network hashrate (i.e. 128GH/s Vertcoin, currently)
(at current 4GH/s Vertcoin network hashrate - that would be ~5k coins/day now)

And this make very much sense, what I try to show...
BBristow79

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:19:33 PM

Wafflepool has finished making Exe coin it's bitch. It's back to VTC Sad

We seriously need some more buy support. I'm in about as much as I can go. Seeing these prices is making me want more but cooler heads must prevail.
Pages: « 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 [588] 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: