Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 08:10:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 [594] 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232527 times)
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 09:56:02 PM

someone sell their own coins to buy after weeks ... cheap coin

Today volume is many times larger than the coins that are mining for 1 day

Panic SELL  Grin

he stands and waits
buy orders in cryptsy
0.00016050   2000.00000000   0.32100000
0.00016040   1000.00000000   0.16040000
0.00016035   2000.00000000   0.32070000
0.00016030   2000.00000000   0.32060000

with this difficulty is there someone who can cover the cost of electricity??

I mining a loss ... but I know I will win
soulnecturn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:04:28 PM

just small question
Did I missed today or last day any disaster?? Undecided 0.o ??

Just checked vtc price last hours trades ... and ... ... yeah ... and ...

so was any disaster or just like that ? Smiley
I still hold pretty much vtc (in these days price pretty little -.-) but stopped watching or caring much as anyway for me its like lost all (no way I ever sell it for current or lower price) of it or somehow earn later ... If it hits 1 satoshi then I will see what will be after years with this ... :/

well still sad  to see days like this...

P.S.
did you all noticed that vtc sinked lowst within last 30 days then most of the coins? It looks like from loads of shit coins vtc became more shitty ... while I see it as best ... Somehow looking at this I feel like idiot :/
sqsq2002

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:16:57 PM

someone sell their own coins to buy after weeks ... cheap coin

Today volume is many times larger than the coins that are mining for 1 day

Panic SELL  Grin

he stands and waits
buy orders in cryptsy
0.00016050   2000.00000000   0.32100000
0.00016040   1000.00000000   0.16040000
0.00016035   2000.00000000   0.32070000
0.00016030   2000.00000000   0.32060000

with this difficulty is there someone who can cover the cost of electricity??

I mining a loss ... but I know I will win
Oh, sorry, this is my  order,
I did not sell VTC today.
crybaby

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:17:31 PM

just small question

I still hold pretty much vtc (in these days price pretty little -.-) but stopped watching or caring much as anyway for me its like lost all (no way I ever sell it for current or lower price) of it or somehow earn later ... If it hits 1 satoshi then I will see what will be after years with this ... :/

P.S.
did you all noticed that vtc sinked lowst within last 30 days then most of the coins? It looks like from loads of shit coins vtc became more shitty ... while I see it as best ... Somehow looking at this I feel like idiot :/
Yes, it does look like the market reaction to the announcement of a possible algorithm change. Just as I thought would happen, a massive no vote from the market. Devs please take note.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:21:48 PM

Vert is exactly trying to build itself for the "long game", and thats why its looking at securing its foundations now, for the future. If you are just interested in 3 months sprints ina coin, then do me, and yourself a favor and sell your remainder vert, and invest in another coin.

The "long game" does not begin with a 95% death spiral... do you know how CRAZY you sound.

BBristow79

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:21:55 PM

just small question

P.S.

No one in Alt coins is looking for the next best coin. They're looking for the next quick P & D. VTC has the tools to be one of the surviving coins from the alt coin wars. It however is not currently attractive to those looking for a quick gain. We're in an odd time for cc. Rather than being based off their merits we see market share determined by how easily they can be pumped and dumped. Ironically the lower we get the more likely we are to being pump and dumped.

The current price is to be expected as all markets are down right now. It's a bad time for all altcoins. Those that are high on the list are either old established coins or recently pumped ready for a steady decline. Don't base the current price on merit. It couldn't be further from the truth. I don't know where the bottom will be buy im buying all the way down.

It sucks that we must deal with these downs but they're a necessary part of the growth / contraction of our market place. You have the right mind set. No point selling now, rather lets focus on building the foundation so when the coin starts to rise we're ready for it!
BBristow79

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:25:11 PM

Vert is exactly trying to build itself for the "long game", and thats why its looking at securing its foundations now, for the future. If you are just interested in 3 months sprints ina coin, then do me, and yourself a favor and sell your remainder vert, and invest in another coin.

The "long game" does not begin with a 95% death spiral... do you know how CRAZY you sound.

What does it start with then? Unless you can back up a statement it really holds no value. VTC may crash and burn but I'm betting against that. Add something constructive.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:02:15 PM

What does it start with then? Unless you can back up a statement it really holds no value. VTC may crash and burn but I'm betting against that. Add something constructive.

Between July and December 2011 bitcoin went from $31 to $2. Not quite, but just about 95%.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:54:16 AM

Appears that https://vertvote.com/ has been discontinued.

TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 02:25:09 AM

From reddit re vertvote

Vertans,
Some of you may have already noticed that VertVote was decommissioned this evening. Some may be wondering why, some may be breathing a sigh of relief.
I genuinely believed VertVote would be a significant evolution for cryptocurrencies, but it seems the time is not right for a system like this even with some of the initial flaws removed. There is far too much negativity surrounding the issue to continue using it.

Anyway, just know that I work on the coin because I believe in the principals for which it stands.
Onward and upward! Many things in the pipe to be excited about.
Cheers,
a432511

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
BBristow79

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:23:44 AM

From reddit re vertvote

Vertans,
Some of you may have already noticed that VertVote was decommissioned this evening. Some may be wondering why, some may be breathing a sigh of relief.
I genuinely believed VertVote would be a significant evolution for cryptocurrencies, but it seems the time is not right for a system like this even with some of the initial flaws removed. There is far too much negativity surrounding the issue to continue using it.

Anyway, just know that I work on the coin because I believe in the principals for which it stands.
Onward and upward! Many things in the pipe to be excited about.
Cheers,
a432511

It's a good idea to help get the pulse of the community. However It by no means should be a binding vote. We have faith in the development team and we'll follow your lead. VertVote is a great idea and I don't think you should shelf it.

These issues get people talking. Great ideas can be born from these conversations Smiley

Keep up the great work!
cubevtc

Activity: 496
Merit: 250

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 05:41:26 AM

just small question

P.S.
Yes, it does look like the market reaction to the announcement of a possible algorithm change. Just as I thought would happen, a massive no vote from the market. Devs please take note.

The market price of Vertcoin did rise for about a day or two immediately after the announcement of Lyra2.  The market was positive towards the algo change.  However it was quickly overshadowed by the news of 'community infighting' over Subsidy Change voting.  See http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2bwh0h/vertcoins_recent_decisions_the_damage_hasnt_been/

The 'infighting' got fiercier and the price reflected it - it got lower.  Fortunately BBurlington79 stepped in to help.  Kudos to him! And the VertVote system is now terminated.  

gilad215

Activity: 430

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:10:51 PM

i had 200 vtc that were 0.2btc at the day..
now its 0.038!

do you guys see any good days in the future? or should i just sell it cuz its dyin

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
mig5000

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:25:21 PM

I could live with a strong leadership, who knew what he thought was good for a coin.

Living with uncertainty right now is 200% worse than inflation at this point.

It is better for a coin to have a strong leader over a voting community. Right now investing in Vertcoin means what? We don't know. It's political right now nothing less nothing more.

Thing is we all know strong inflation at this point of the game, is flawed but no body want to step in and take responsibility. With all the scams going on, we cannot even say to the world that we are here and that's bad.
BBristow79

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:30:16 PM

just small question

P.S.

The market price of Vertcoin did rise for about a day or two immediately after the announcement of Lyra2.  The market was positive towards the algo change.  However it was quickly overshadowed by the news of 'community infighting' over Subsidy Change voting.  See http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2bwh0h/vertcoins_recent_decisions_the_damage_hasnt_been/

The 'infighting' got fiercier and the price reflected it - it got lower.  Fortunately BBurlington79 stepped in to help.  Kudos to him! And the VertVote system is now terminated.  

Thanks! After a lot of though I'm in the mindset that right now we need to stop focusing on the price what so ever. The market is not currently sane and only rewarding new coins for it's initial pump and dump. VTC was pumped way too high initially back when it was put on Cryptsy. Due to this we started to decline as the price was not maintainable and we slipped right on by our actual value and we now find ourselves where we are now. There's no quick fix to figuring out this issue. Anything we do as a knee jerk reaction will hurt VTC more than it will help. I'm actually at peace right now with the price. I feel we can finally focus on our future and stop watching the ticker.

What happens next? We trust our dev team and support them as best we can. We allow them to focus on planned changes rather than forcing them to react to a mob mentality. Over the next few months we focus on the foundation of VTC. We start to co-ordinate a marketing campaign. We have a few months to take the currently planned changes and have lots of ammo for the release. We will see the second rise of VTC. What I hope will not be a pump this time but a slow climb back to a fair value. When this happens we can maintain the price and it should stabilize at this point. All the while we keep making things better, we get people talking about VTC, answer their questions, help them set up wallets, mining..., most importantly we welcome them.

Let's take the next few months and stop focusing on price. Let me ask you this way. Has stressing over price for the last 3-4 months helped anything? Has the toxic environment on the VTC forums invited or sent new investors running away? If you want VTC to thrive you need to check your baggage and do your best to be constructive and helpful. It's so much easier to complain about something than it is to make it better. We need less of the former and more of the latter.

Trust the dev team to do what they do best. Offer constructive criticism to make things better. Don't draw lines in the sand. If anyone is truly that upset about the direction of a coin to only say negative things I don't understand why you don't just sell and find something more to your liking. Whatever you hold whether it be 1 or 10000 VTC we want you if you're here to make things better and if not please feel free to sell me your coins and leave. I'd be happy to take them off your hands at this price Smiley

Stay positive everyone Smiley

Whoops, should note I'm BBurlington79
valsens

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:43:52 PM

agree with you and i am sure that will rise like bird phoenix ...
coinwarz shows vertcoin continuosly profitable  even with this price ... Smiley anyway in this moment i am not cover my electricity bill but  i wiill be rewarded  for this period Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
another think all coins are underground now  but when dust leave will see who is still alive  i am betting that VERTCOIN is one of them on the rocket to the moon
we are  lucky with our dev's because they have "know how" and are dedicated to succed.. all best for them
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:46:17 PM

just small question

P.S.

Thanks! After a lot of though I'm in the mindset that right now we need to stop focusing on the price what so ever. The market is not currently sane and only rewarding new coins for it's initial pump and dump. VTC was pumped way too high initially back when it was put on Cryptsy. Due to this we started to decline as the price was not maintainable and we slipped right on by our actual value and we now find ourselves where we are now. There's no quick fix to figuring out this issue. Anything we do as a knee jerk reaction will hurt VTC more than it will help. I'm actually at peace right now with the price. I feel we can finally focus on our future and stop watching the ticker.

What happens next? We trust our dev team and support them as best we can. We allow them to focus on planned changes rather than forcing them to react to a mob mentality. Over the next few months we focus on the foundation of VTC. We start to co-ordinate a marketing campaign. We have a few months to take the currently planned changes and have lots of ammo for the release. We will see the second rise of VTC. What I hope will not be a pump this time but a slow climb back to a fair value. When this happens we can maintain the price and it should stabilize at this point. All the while we keep making things better, we get people talking about VTC, answer their questions, help them set up wallets, mining..., most importantly we welcome them.

Let's take the next few months and stop focusing on price. Let me ask you this way. Has stressing over price for the last 3-4 months helped anything? Has the toxic environment on the VTC forums invited or sent new investors running away? If you want VTC to thrive you need to check your baggage and do your best to be constructive and helpful. It's so much easier to complain about something than it is to make it better. We need less of the former and more of the latter.

Trust the dev team to do what they do best. Offer constructive criticism to make things better. Don't draw lines in the sand. If anyone is truly that upset about the direction of a coin to only say negative things I don't understand why you don't just sell and find something more to your liking. Whatever you hold whether it be 1 or 10000 VTC we want you if you're here to make things better and if not please feel free to sell me your coins and leave. I'd be happy to take them off your hands at this price Smiley

Stay positive everyone Smiley

Whoops, should note I'm BBurlington79

+1 , nice post. We need to work together as a community to make things better.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:13:25 PM

All the pros got out about 100 pages ago at 80,000-100,000 sats...
And took all the remaining sanity with them.

You're biggest problem is not the 20,000 sat price...
It's the total lack of volume which is now <  5 BTC/day = total lack of interest.

You guys built this Medieval Catapult to fling cheese at the moon...
But the BotNets kept stealing your cheese and munching out on it...
So you kept building bigger and bigger Catapults...
Which only made the BotNets big, fat and happy...
Then, finally, you guys built rockets to launch flaming cheese at the moon...
But that just started a big fire... and it all burned down.

At least CoinGekko has you at #11...
Which proves how completely worthless their algo is.
styxical

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:10:20 PM

It's the total lack of volume which is now <  5 BTC/day = total lack of interest.

thanks for your contribution
BBristow79

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:40:16 AM

thanks for your contribution

Such an inspiration to us all. I know I hope to aspire to this level of troll. Maybe just maybe if I play my cards right I'll have nothing better to do with my life than anonymously flame different things on an internet forum. One can dream right?
Pages: « 1 ... 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 [594] 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: