Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:39:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946564 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:47:27 PM

dcgirl: its the fact of when u try to get someone fresh into crypto.
example:
"You should by UTC! great coin for all the reasons."
"what can i do with utc?"
"you can hold it, exchange it for other cryptos, or sell it for fiat" Note: not all cryptos can be sold for fiat.
"ok, why would i want to invest fiat in to crypto when i can just use my fiat to get everything i need?"
______________________ fill in the blank.
My fill in the blank: Becuase speculation says cryptos are the way of the future.

Forex and credit cards already do what crypto is trying to do.

Yes, it's really tough right now, since the industry is in its infancy. What I say is "get in on the ground floor. cryptocurrency solves many of the problems of the traditional financial industry, with faster payments and cheaper transaction fees. It's like buying Apple stock 10 years ago. No one knew then how valuable it would be today. And the reason I'm supporting UTC is that it is a second-generation coin, that resolves many of the issues currently found with litecoin and bitcoin. It's faster, and pays interest if someone holds it. It's the best of both worlds".

lite coin was second generation... all of these other scrypt coins 3rd gen. jane is 4th gen. sha3 512 could be considered 4th gen as well.

I agree crypto is in infancy, but with exchange values for fiat so high, i would imagine more people would take interest. I will support any coin that will has a purpose, i support BTC, LTC and UTC. My UTC support is waning. I support BTC cuz I can buy stuff with it. i support LTC cuz its the mother of all scrypt and I can exchange any crypto into LTC to be turned into BTC. I am the "here and now" with foresight of up to a month. Years can't be deciphered yet, too foggy. Again, credit cards are fast for transaction time. less than 8 hours in most cases, with instant posting of transaction within minutes of using the credit card. Transaction times are only a plus for MERCHANTS, back to square one. we need merchants.....

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Uggle

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:49:09 PM

So against hunger just messaged me on twitter: "I can ask if we can add ultracoin. Any chance of an Ultracoin donation to get us started :-)" So what do you guys say ?

I'd say yes. We have a fund that many of us have donated to, I'd like to see it be used.

Sure... If u think it's worth it.

I'm not in a position to say either but it's for charity, and I also guess it would be the first real world application for UTC. Maybe it could raise awareness. Also I think people here reading the thread might be more interested in donating to charity than other options.  

UTC UTC UTC
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:52:05 PM

I want to re-iterate:

Here's a thought. Create a website that exchanges UTC or any crypto for goods. You can have the customer find the merchandise they want on www.whatever website.com then come back to "UTC for goods.com" and say they want product "X" for "y" amount of fiat. UTCforgoods.com would then say ok, we can order that for you, charge a 5% or so premium for using crypto. have product dropshipped, any problems with products deals with manufacturer. there. who wants to be rich? take my idea and run with it. Go, i implore you to do so.

dcgirl

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:52:45 PM

dcgirl: its the fact of when u try to get someone fresh into crypto.
example:
"You should by UTC! great coin for all the reasons."
"what can i do with utc?"
"you can hold it, exchange it for other cryptos, or sell it for fiat" Note: not all cryptos can be sold for fiat.
"ok, why would i want to invest fiat in to crypto when i can just use my fiat to get everything i need?"
______________________ fill in the blank.
My fill in the blank: Becuase speculation says cryptos are the way of the future.

Forex and credit cards already do what crypto is trying to do.

Yes, it's really tough right now, since the industry is in its infancy. What I say is "get in on the ground floor. cryptocurrency solves many of the problems of the traditional financial industry, with faster payments and cheaper transaction fees. It's like buying Apple stock 10 years ago. No one knew then how valuable it would be today. And the reason I'm supporting UTC is that it is a second-generation coin, that resolves many of the issues currently found with litecoin and bitcoin. It's faster, and pays interest if someone holds it. It's the best of both worlds".

lite coin was second generation... all of these other scrypt coins 3rd gen. jane is 4th gen. sha3 512 could be considered 4th gen as well.

I agree crypto is in infancy, but with exchange values for fiat so high, i would imagine more people would take interest. I will support any coin that will has a purpose, i support BTC, LTC and UTC. My UTC support is waning. I support BTC cuz I can buy stuff with it. i support LTC cuz its the mother of all scrypt and I can exchange any crypto into LTC to be turned into BTC. I am the "here and now" with foresight of up to a month. Years can't be deciphered yet, too foggy. Again, credit cards are fast for transaction time. less than 8 hours in most cases, with instant posting of transaction within minutes of using the credit card. Transaction times are only a plus for MERCHANTS, back to square one. we need merchants.....

Well, I'm not saying that what I say to others is perfectly accurate (who defines what generation a coin is, anyway?), but it is pretty effective. I don't sell people on crypto because they can use it right away. I sell them on it as an investment, that can be used in the future. That argument has worked pretty well for me.

Saying all that, if they are new to crypto, I don't usually try to sell them at all. I give them a little in a wallet, and tell them to hold it, watch the market for a while, and don't day-trade it. And tell them to understand that it's as risky as penny stocks. Some pay off big-time, others will be worthless in 6 months. But you'd be surprised at how interested a lot of people are in crypto. They don't understand it at all, but they're intrigued.

Oh, and if they're a teenager, I give them doge.
pieterjanvh

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:54:58 PM

Let's get some 0.00016 support going on MintPal guys!
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 11:56:45 PM

Wonderfull to see how the community is pulling together in a cryptsy twitter campain  Grin

dcgirl

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:03:39 AM

Wonderfull to see how the community is pulling together in a cryptsy twitter campain  Grin

Ah, Bumface is in the house! Question for you - do we have any chance at getting on Cryptsy? We could really use your insight.
Jarod1231

Activity: 951
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:04:47 AM

Here's a thought. Create a website that exchanges UTC or any crypto for goods. You can have the customer find the merchandise they want on www.whatever website.com then come back to "UTC for goods.com" and say they want product "X" for "y" amount of fiat. UTCforgoods.com would then say ok, we can order that for you, charge a 5% or so premium for using crypto. have product dropshipped, any problems with products deals with manufacturer. there. who wants to be rich? take my idea and run with it. Go, i implore you to do so.

This would be a key to pushing UTC past MAX, VTC, DRK as something to buy... DOGE already has this (shopdoge.com)

NickPortland

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:05:54 AM

Ah, Bumface is in the house! Question for you - do we have any chance at getting on Cryptsy? We could really use your insight.

Even if the answer is negative, we need to know, so that we can concentrate on other exchanges, like mcxnow

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 12:06:30 AM

Wonderfull to see how the community is pulling together in a cryptsy twitter campain  Grin

yes, it would be good.We just need 1 stable exchange that people trust so the community can bundle together. lets not forget: before the lag on crypto trade we were doing 285 BTC volume per day on UTC/BTC + 14000 dollar on UTC/USD

pieterjanvh

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:07:22 AM

Another thing that needs to be solved ASAP:
There's currently no working CPU pool miner for UTC.
I can't count how many times the question has been asked here...

Is there someone who can get a CPU miner working?
I tried for a few hours but couldn't get one to work... Not even the ones that were patched for Scrypt-Jane.
nesic1

Activity: 636

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:08:51 AM

any settings for 280x, with theese i get some hwerrors?

--scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600
dcgirl

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:09:26 AM

I tried for a few hours but couldn't get one to work... Not even the ones that were patched for Scrypt-Jane.

Bumface - is this something that Ziggy could help with? This is a recurring question that no one seems to be able to resolve.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:09:43 AM

Dcgirl: lmfao, you give teenagers doge.... that would be like if I gave tittiecoin out at strip clubs, or fastcoin at the daytona races. demographics are a wonderful thing. But just giving away coins to everyone isn't going to help if they can't do anything with them other than exchange them, and how many of them will forget they have what you gave them in a year from now.

5 years of BTC and only a handful of merchants. thats a start and may be the reason BTC didn't fully collapse, but we need to be able to buy cars, food, pay bills. Then crypto will come full circle. i guess you just opened my eyes a little more for speculation: pick a coin i think will be around in 5 years.

perhaps, these are just growing pains of crypto. But we can accelerate these pains by getting merchants. Once we have 1000's or even millions of coins to choose from, it maybe too late for crypto to take hold as merchants may not be so apt to accept coins they have to pick from a basket, and merchants won't want to spend time deciding which coin to choose from. It's hard enough right now to choose which coin to mine, let alone which coin to accept as payment. i know BTC, LTC hands down will be accepted.

jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:11:39 AM

It's clear that we do not have many TALENTED people here.

Just a lot of people with fluff ideas or complaints. (that includes me also)
We need people with useful skills for dev/marketing/designing etc.

So how do we gain those people? We need to make our voices heard first.

My Facebook promotion idea was to hopeuflly gain some fresh new blood into UTC & crypto.
We already have over 3000 UTC to promote it to at least 500+ people. That is not bad at all.
Who knows, maybe some genius developer who never took interest in Crypto might join us!

Don't just spew fluff ideas with no backbone. Do something first and then let us know to support/help you.

@bumface - Can you start a new Ultracoin Bounty thread here? We need NEW blood. NEW developers. Is ziggy even involved anymore?

pieterjanvh

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:11:45 AM

Someone finally posted this. it does work. https://mega.co.nz/#!yNFjQSpI!Jc-kgBttobPxvfmpSTxCeh4ecMEYn4w7i8ZZsS5Fbo4

It's for 32 or 64 bit windows. However, with my AMD 965 Black edition CPU, I only get 0.55 kh/s per core which seems way low.

I tried that one aswell, it isn't working (no shares get accepted).
But it's the closest I've been to a working one...
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:13:47 AM

This would be a key to pushing UTC past MAX, VTC, DRK as something to buy... DOGE already has this (shopdoge.com)

oh really? that's awesome! i had no idea doge had that. who has webdesign skills? go go go!!!! do the same for UTC, Thats the reason why doge is so popular!!!!!! it's not cuz it's an eternally mined, never ending supply coin, or cuz there's a dog on the effin coin. Now i can add doge to my list of coins that get my support.

dcgirl

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:14:13 AM

My Facebook promotion idea was to hopeuflly gain some fresh new blood into UTC & crypto.
We already have over 3000 UTC to promote it to at least 500+ people. That is not bad at all.
Who knows, maybe some genius developer who never took interest in Crypto might join us!

Don't just spew fluff ideas with no backbone. Do something first and then let us know to support/help you.

@bumface - Can you start a new Ultracoin Bounty thread here? We need NEW blood. NEW developers. Is ziggy even involved anymore?

I could create a store - the thing I can't figure out (because I've never done it before) is how you source products. If someone can hook me up with that, I could do a utcstore.com.
dcgirl

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:23:10 AM

OT, but finally people are going after fat mark: http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-lawsuit-target-mark-karpeles-personal-wealth/
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:28:17 AM

I could create a store - the thing I can't figure out (because I've never done it before) is how you source products. If someone can hook me up with that, I could do a utcstore.com.

If you do it correctly, you don't need to source products, or even list them, if ya do my idea about letting the customer come to you with the info. you'd just need to lay out some cash until you could convert the coin to cash, or wait until you recieve the coin for the purchase then cash out then order the product. the store/site wouldn't necessarily make you money by selling products, it would pay the person you would hire to run it for you. Advertising on your site could pay you. magicgrowing.com accepts BTC for payment, and i'm sure he'd be willing to help you set up how to accept btc,ltc,utc, etc, etc. Web design is not my cup of tea. Myspace was enough for me to deal with back in the day.

Pages: « 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: