Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:27:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946566 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Yahred

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:36:03 PM

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/75770

Please go, LIKE the post, and post a comment if you like.  This is the single best thing you can do for your coin.

We have to get there.  Can't expect the btc-holding masses to flock to MintPal.
Shintax

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:37:55 PM

in my attempts to upgrade from guiminer-scrypt-jane to cgwatcher, i was met with this error:

not exactly sure what the problem is, i pointed the cgwatcher to the scrypt-jane cgminer, i used the same flags and settings as set on guiminer...

▀  ███       LEDGER  WALLET   PROTECT  YOUR  BITCOINS
▀  ▀▀▀       Smartcard security for your bitcoins        Decentralized,Open,Secure         Available now  []
▀  ▀  ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
anonblues

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:42:33 PM

AllCrypt.com is open

https://www.allcrypt.com/market?id=167

UTC/BTC Market

https://www.allcrypt.com/market?id=137

UTC/LTC Market

https://www.allcrypt.com/market?id=42

UTC/DOGE Market

Lets check out!!!
RunOrDie

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:44:56 PM

lol i would send not a single coin to this site! its just a question of time till they get hacked.
xwebnetwork

Activity: 684
Merit: 500

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 11:53:39 PM

got a quick chat thing working, check it out if you want to  http://www.ultracoinlottery.com/chat/

I appreciate the effort, but we need something that integrates into the current design, kind of like how Facebook's chat works where that little box shows up in the bottom left. Or, kind of how CryptoTrade's worked. A great live example would be something similar to the chat currently enabled on: https://coinex.pw/

Side note. Web updates!

GENERAL:
-Restructured navigation
--Services is now its own entity with Shopping embedded as in a sub nav
--Added News under About UTC
---Added Social Media links under News (for redundancy)
-Added News page
-Added Shopping page

PENDING:
-Chatbox
-Live ticker
-Events page?

Anything else to add? All suggestions are welcome!

Validity.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Validity SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
troicho

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:57:51 PM

These tanked prices are down right sickening.

fuck you Crypto-trade.. from 0.00046 to 0.00014 this is really quite a setback.

0,00012 on CryproRush already. As I said earlier today going under 0,0001 is just a matter of time.
idol

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:01:01 AM

These tanked prices are down right sickening.

fuck you Crypto-trade.. from 0.00046 to 0.00014 this is really quite a setback.

0,00012 on CryproRush already. As I said earlier today going under 0,0001 is just a matter of time.
who give a shit about crappy exchange with .034 btc trade volume?

anonblues

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:07:51 AM

Let's talk about DOGE:

- DOGE is HYPED: the name and broken english memes are here to stay. People simply love that shit.

- DOGE is very such NUMEROUS: so many thousands of coins for everyone that it feels like being rich. People love this shit.

- DOGE is HAPPY: bringing smiles to people is the best added value you can dream of. People love this shit

- DOGE is PEDAGOGIC: because there are so many 1000s in your wallet for nothing, giving 1 or even 100 DOGE away or receiving them makes it fun. Best introduction to crypto EVER. People love this shit. And people tend to keep their first love as well.

As a matter of fact, DOGE is ALIVE and SUPERIOR despite whatever can be said against it.

DOGE started as a prank but clearly became a hold up that will overtake LTC sooner or later. See market caps for info.

And beyond all the UTC ASIC resistant bullshit that nobody besides miners care about, ordinary people are just happy saying WOW DOGE and exchanging complicit smiles with others while doing any symbolic transaction (because worth nothing) in DOGE. I'm not saying ASIC resistance is stupid, I believe it's not such a bad thing. However the point is that this is not what attracts the average joe to a given coin. And the average joe is the guy who brings his money in the game. We all started as average joes whether we like to admit it or not.

Exchanging is the base of price fixing and value increments.

So DOGE value increases consistently because of its POPULARITY.

Therefore, I'd like to ask bumface and the DEV team: any plan to try to approach DOGE's popularity? -Because without being able to be singled out of the crowd of the many such coins there's little hope UTC will ever reach whatever dreamed up value some people wish so strongly to achieve.

Bumface, you don't tell anything regarding your negotiations with possible big exchanges, which to some extent could be understood as some professional commitment, but on the other hand as a lame excuse for not doing anything as well. There are 2 faces for every coin, and so far we've been used to seeing the wrong one.

So, because you can't talk about ongoing negotiations, perhaps could you talk about marketing or public relationships efforts? -Because popularity is paramount to what will make this coin worth something or not in the future. Don't miss out on this one or you'll end up with another FTC/TRC/whatever scam pump and dump coin that everybody will avoid.

I hope you are shocked.

Now get back to work.

It's smart to look at doge for inspiration. Not because UTC should replicate it, but because people feel doge has a purpose. Does UTC? What distinguishes UTC from VTC, DRK, DC or other similar coins? I think if we answer that, then we can effectively promote UTC and make it grow.

The purpose of UTC is: UTC exists so "we the people" control the issuance of our currency
not a big bank that can afford to fill a sky-scrapper with asics.

That's pretty much the selling point.

sadly it looks like people don't want a new financial instrument, they want a sticker of a flappy bird on a digital zero and one;)

We could easily expand our horizon by adding features to the coin
Possible Features-
-Mixing to add anonymity to transactions.
-Nicer looking wallet (everyone uses generic wallet QT sooo boring)
-Chat Client in Wallet or on site, so like minded people can grow a community (troll box of sorts).
-1950's comic strip style adverts and videos with loud announcer voices going on screaming "ULTRA COIN" maybe a cartoon skit on how ultra coin and "ultra man will save the economy" with crypto.
-Fancy Logo maybe some graphics/animated coin "bling" to make it stand out more, most coins just have generic sticker logo, why not a gif with say a "shiny coin effect" people like shiny things.
something like this (http://www.netanimations.net/Moving-picture-spinning-gold-Dollar-symbol-animated-gif.gif) instead of generic shit.

IDK just a few ideas.

You know for something named ultra coin it should be:

Ultra Secure
Ultra Anonymous
Ultra Fun
Ultra Fast
Ultra Cool
Ultra Popular
Ultra Decentralized
Not just "Ultra No Asic"

It needs to live up to its Ultra Name a little more, maybe I expect too much out of one coin, but this is ULTRA COIN.

You don't even have to implement all these features (right now), all you have to do is SAY YOU WILL and the price of the coin will rise enough where we could actually raise the funds TO DOIT and hire more people to work on the coin, and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy of success! at which point we can put a donation meter on the Ultra Coin site (everyone can donate a little) to add to the success of the coin (no other coin has really done this)! and we can raise funds for specific feature implementations!

Whenever you give a service or sell something it has to got an added value to get into the market. DOGE has its popularity as you state. What will be the added value from UltraCoin? Is for all us guys here to define that added value. The coin is really fast for transactions and it is really decentralized, and I like it because my rigs stay at a decent temperature because the N-Factor. (Still I would like it will be less agressive). So in my humble opinion, first we have to decide what we want the coin to be, and then make a market campaign on it.
cointradero

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:18:04 AM

I believe about 320 coins +/- 20 coins @ current difficulty

THANKS dear Protagonus ... but i can mine just 3 coin in 1 hour and 96 coin in 24 hour

my config is :

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
ultracoinminer -o stratum+tcp://ultra.leetpools.com:3333 -u xxx -p xxx --scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600  -w 64 -g 1 -I 18 --thread-concurrency 42000 --no-submit-stale --lookup-gap 3 --expiry 10 --scan-time 1 --queue 0

2 things - Reset your miner if you haven't since the N-factor change.  IF you've already resstarted it, post a screenshot of the cgminer interface.  Do you have a bunch of HW errors?  Is your WU really low?
xwebnetwork

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 12:18:47 AM

got a quick chat thing working, check it out if you want to  http://www.ultracoinlottery.com/chat/

I appreciate the effort, but we need something that integrates into the current design, kind of like how Facebook's chat works where that little box shows up in the bottom left. Or, kind of how CryptoTrade's worked. A great live example would be something similar to the chat currently enabled on: https://coinex.pw/

Side note. Web updates!

GENERAL:
-Restructured navigation
--Services is now its own entity with Shopping embedded as in a sub nav
--Added News under About UTC
---Added Social Media links under News (for redundancy)
-Added News page
-Added Shopping page

PENDING:
-Chatbox
-Live ticker
-Events page?

Anything else to add? All suggestions are welcome!

xwebnetwork

Great job you work fast  Smiley

I noticed you have added more pages to the current navigation which is great, I checked the news page under the about us drop down takes you to a (Title) recent post page, would be better if possible to have its own page
instead of it being on the post page, I just wondered if your using WP to create site, if so there are various plugins free and also paid available you might find useful.

Once again great work.

If you need any help feel free.

Thanks. Smiley

Thanks. So, just to confirm, you are suggesting a Recent Posts page in addition to a News page? And regarding WP, well, its all HTML work right now. I'd like to integrate an actual blog as this is terribly inefficient, at least with respect to updating things. I can certainly add that to my list. In the interim, I am searching for viable, and stylish chat box script. Its a bit more difficult than I would have imagined. Don't get me wrong, there are a good amount, but the coding is shoddy and some just look terrible.

Validity.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Validity SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
dcgirl

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:19:25 AM

Whenever you give a service or sell something it has to got an added value to get into the market. DOGE has its popularity as you state. What will be the added value from UltraCoin? Is for all us guys here to define that added value. The coin is really fast for transactions and it is really decentralized, and I like it because my rigs stay at a decent temperature because the N-Factor. (Still I would like it will be less agressive). So in my humble opinion, first we have to decide what we want the coin to be, and then make a market campaign on it.

This is important - we need to decide what we want the coin to be, then promote it, then build what is needed. Some thoughts on how its advantages could be promoted, in a less-technical way:

1. Create a video that shows a bitcoin transaction and a UTC transaction executed at the same time, with a clock showing time elapsed
2. Host a google hangout (or some other live interactive session) to talk about POS and how it works and take questions
3. Host a twitter (or IRC) chat and take questions about scrypt-jane mining and its peculiarities

What I like about this community is how everyone seems to want to help each other. How great would it be if more people were a part of that? The last two ideas above would appeal to anyone interested in POS and scrypt-jane, and could introduce a whole new group of people to UTC.
dwolfx

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:22:12 AM

This is important - we need to decide what we want the coin to be, then promote it, then build what is needed. Some thoughts on how its advantages could be promoted, in a less-technical way:

1. Create a video that shows a bitcoin transaction and a UTC transaction executed at the same time, with a clock showing time elapsed
2. Host a google hangout (or some other live interactive session) to talk about POS and how it works and take questions
3. Host a twitter (or IRC) chat and take questions about scrypt-jane mining and its peculiarities

What I like about this community is how everyone seems to want to help each other. How great would it be if more people were a part of that? The last two ideas above would appeal to anyone interested in POS and scrypt-jane, and could introduce a whole new group of people to UTC.

All good points.
But lets be honest.
The quickest way to success is to allow people or give them access to a place where they can gamble large sums (10 ~ 100$ worth) at a time every hour in UTC.
If that exists, the demand in-flow to UTC will be huge.
Vert Coin is already trying to do this and we are kinda losing ground to them on the gambling front.

Leetpools!
dcgirl

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:27:29 AM

Thanks. So, just to confirm, you are suggesting a Recent Posts page in addition to a News page? And regarding WP, well, its all HTML work right now. I'd like to integrate an actual blog as this is terribly inefficient, at least with respect to updating things. I can certainly add that to my list. In the interim, I am searching for viable, and stylish chat box script. Its a bit more difficult than I would have imagined. Don't get me wrong, there are a good amount, but the coding is shoddy and some just look terrible.

If you do integrate wordpress (which wouldn't be that difficult, I can help if you need it) there are a couple of chat box plugins you can use. You might want to google this - this would require much less coding and maintenance, and you could use the wordpress account system and db and not have to create that yourself.
xwebnetwork

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 12:35:28 AM

Ahh, I see. That's a good idea. I'll update that now!

Edit: Done. Also, if you guys see any other grammatical errors or oddities, please let me know. Presentation is critical!

Website | BTCT Thread
DannyTom

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:40:34 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4h-74cndjo

Some video promotions like they're doing for EBT might be a good way to get the word out to the masses...

or like the videos produced by the Quark Foundation

BTQ:  17NEp7WtUZt4V5RiFP6YHxD1hcte7U3sB8
LTC:  LeyXcTFxC5Ku3KDUyhwDHtLko1JwChd99h
FTC:  6n56LJKYrdgmsougCCjenLFtpPTcjFQ829
darthburnstuff

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:41:37 AM

Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:53:46 AM

.00010701 Mintpal. Where the is the bottom to this ride? I wanna buy cheap utc, but I don't wanna overpay.... haha. Wink

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
dwolfx

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:57:37 AM

The prices are horrible , an entire weeks worth of mining wiped out pretty much, hardly even covers electric bill............................. I don't honestly get who would be selling at these prices there aren't that many coins out there . . .  I mean most people are only getting a few hundred coins a day if-that. . .  the exchanges are B.S. just no volume on these exchanges for this coin. . . you can't get a real reading on price at all.

Leetpools!
dcgirl

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:03:20 AM

The prices are horrible , an entire weeks worth of mining wiped out pretty much, hardly even covers electric bill............................. I don't honestly get who would be selling at these prices there aren't that many coins out there . . .  I mean most people are only getting a few hundred coins a day if-that. . .  the exchanges are B.S. just no volume on these exchanges for this coin. . . you can't get a real reading on price at all.

It's not mintpal - I've been trading BC there all day - they had 163 btc volume today. There's just no buy support for UTC. We need to fix that (don't know how, though).
idol

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:10:26 AM

It's not mintpal - I've been trading BC there all day - they had 163 btc volume today. There's just no buy support for UTC. We need to fix that (don't know how, though).

itd not many people selling it just few greedy players that are driving the price down by buying and keep stacking the sell side to drop the price...

Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: