Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:25:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946566 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:26:14 AM

Gotta admit I bought my first UTC just an hour ago. Got them for .00007501 and .00008000. I could have made a profit at .00012000 but am now holding the bag by choice. The FUD on this thread seems myopic. Don't worry, you will get on Cryptsy and the price will go back up. If you are selling stop. Buy now.
RunOrDie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:31:26 AM

its pretty clear we make the price and the biggest problem r the sellers with no balls...... weak poor guys -.-

but i know they will hat urself if the price skyrocket soon (and it will) and we the good boys laughing hard Cheesy
YAdaminer

Activity: 829

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:51:29 AM

I just bought up to 000135 num, num, cheap coins, join and suport the price if you can.
YAdaminer

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:58:18 AM

Somebody is trying hard to pull the price down. For sure old downtrend 'frends' from CT.
YAdaminer

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:12:42 AM

Mintpal is barely usable
idol

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:20:17 AM

Utclover if thats you Stop it already!!

dooman13

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:23:33 AM

Utclover if thats you Stop it already!!

no shit
KingCole

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:06:48 AM

Its an interesting dynamic to see such inspiring bursts of enthusiasm marred by periods of downtime such as these. We'll blast through nearly 10-15 pages and then things become stagnant, only to be reignited again. I'm wondering how we can keep this fire burning at a nice steady pace. That is the million dollar question for sure. But how? There have been several excellent suggestions but we need to collectively organize them and bring them into fruition.

For starters, I think dcgirl and anonblues hit the nail on the head. What is the coin really meant to do? What is it meant to be? What is its competitive advantage? How can it disrupt such a ecosystem where dedication and loyalty are few and far between?

Obviously the rapid transaction times and ASIC resistance are a huge benefit, but that is not enough. We have a seemingly strong community, but require more involvement from all. And that simply requires posting and sharing and educating the uneducated. Social media is a fantastic outlet for this. I mean, look at the Facebook page. That spurred a lot of excellent activity today. Why can't we emulate that from day to day? People are afraid of things they do not understand. They perceive it as a risk. And, of course, while any crypto is a risk, we can help mitigate that impression by passing on our collective understandings. There is potential here and that should not be put to waste.

Speak up and you shall be heard.

Yet again a real positive voice in all this doom and gloom. Do you know if dcgirl and anonbluesare on the Ultracoin forum (http://forum.ultracoin.net) ? It would be good to discuss the USP and marketing on that forum so it isn't lost on this thread within the negative posts?

KC
KingCole

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:09:57 AM

Please spread the word on Facebook and Twitter about the UTC giveaway to drive up awareness:

250 UTC Giveaway at https://www.facebook.com/ultracoinnet

KC
KingCole

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:21:41 AM

Anyone have any experience of this character:

@ProTraderTips: Offering $50 off monthly membership/renewals if paying in Ultracoin, Maxcoin, Litecoin, Feathercoin, or Peercoin for next 24 hours ONLY.

KC
KingCole

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:24:44 AM

Those on Twitter why not do what @hjon0000 did:

@CryptoShortNews: @hjon0000 Hello thanks  for following us . What coins you usually invest in ? You are going by the hype or got favorites one ?

@hjon0000: @CryptoShortNews #BTC & #UltraCoin

KC
SkillRoad

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:26:44 AM

From a miner's perspective, in real time calculations:

For me currently:
100 utc/day at .00014000 = .014btc x $570 =  $7.98 - $3.96 electric (750 watts) = $4.02/day x 30 day = $120.60/month x .70 (30% taxes) = $84 per month in my pocket. I net $239/month and get to keep $84. 50% cost in electric is where I draw my line to start looking for new possibilties. 55% electric cost, I'm done mining the coin, unless I can foresee a near-term price jump.

Yes, my electric is high. $0.22 usd. Tax rate might be high too, but I figure state and federal into this and tax rate is also based on a future 10 rig setup.

Still profitable, and will be for most people after my 55% limit is reached. Some people with free electric or cheaper than my .22 will still mine, but UTC is getting into territory that expensive electric miners will no longer mine. Please understand this post is meant to be educational from a real world experience, not a threat to leave or promise of any future action.
Wow, you're getting raped on electric... I don't have to pay electric where I live, but the rate is something like $0.10... Benefits of living next to a nuclear power plant lol

danemark = 8 dollar cent per kilowatt

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________
Next Coin Lite - Fair Distribution
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 10:39:18 AM

again many suggestions , and only 2 news website suggestions:

http://forum.ultracoin.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27

Jaecen

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:40:49 AM

Hey all,

We need to realize a few things:
1. The number of coins generated is constant per unit of time. It doesn't matter what the total hash rate, the number of miners, or the N-factor is. Every day 144,000 new coins are created. Some are held by miners, but many (probably most) are sold immediately on exchanges.
2. For the price to go up, there has to be an ever increasing amount of BTC spent per day to buy those mined-and-dumped coins -- constantly! If more coins are put on the exchanges than there are BTC to buy them, the price drops.
3. For there to be BTC buying this coin, people outside of our little circle have to be aware of it and need a reason to buy it.

There seems to be a constant belief that if we can just get on a bigger exchange the price will go up. There is no reason to believe that -- there are plenty of has-been (and never-been) coins on Cryptsy and even BTC-E. A bigger, better exchange wasn't the solution before and it won't be now.

We need to remember that people aren't obliged to buy a coin simply because it exists or because it's available on a major exchange. People will only buy a coin when they believe more people will want to buy that same coin. Ultracoin's features are good, but they're not unique so they won't sell the coin on their own. Bumface's pseudo-celebrity status has taken us about as far as it will. There doesn't appear to be anymore steam in our pump engine, so we won't get attention through exceptionally high coin values.

What we need is intentional, focused, directed and intelligent promotion of why our coin is needed (the ASIC's are coming!), what our coin provides (ASIC resistance, lower heat/electricity/equipment wear, faster block times), and a flow of coins to people not reading this post. Typically this is done through games, faucets, activity on Reddit/Twitter/etc, extensive interaction with the coin community, tipping bots, and buying on to major exchanges. Coincidentally, this is also a list of things that haven't happened with Ultracoin.

As I understand it, Bumface's primary plan to address these shortcomings is to a) buy scrypt ASIC's and b) wait. I'm not sure what Bumface's role is this coin is supposed to be (he's not a developer and he's clearly not a promoter), so perhaps he could let us know what he believes his responsibilities are, if any. The rest of us can then try to identify what's missing and what we are capable of and willing to tackle. Regardless, I don't have confidence that he will take an active hand in leading this coin to success so I won't be looking to him for that anymore.

(Yes, I know Bumface is working on a UTC marketplace, but that's just as relevant right now as his "secret negotiations" with unnamed exchanges.)

So, knowing that our coin is floundering, what do you guys think we can do to push it forward? What can we do to show people our coin and help them understand why it's a good next step after Litecoin? Or should we just stay the course, trust whatever Bumface is doing, and wait?
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:45:53 AM

Hey all,

1. The number of coins generated is constant per unit of time. It doesn't matter what the total hash rate, the number of miners, or the N-factor is. Every day 144,000 new coins are created. Some are held by miners, but many (probably most) are sold immediately on exchanges.
2. For the price to go up, there has to be an ever increasing amount of BTC spent per day to buy those mined-and-dumped coins -- constantly! If more coins are put on the exchanges than there are BTC to buy them, the price drops.
3. For there to be BTC buying this coin, people outside of our little circle have to be aware of it and need a reason to buy it.

There seems to be a constant belief that if we can just get on a bigger exchange the price will go up. There is no reason to believe that -- there are plenty of has-been (and never-been) coins on Cryptsy and even BTC-E. A bigger, better exchange wasn't the solution before and it won't be now.

We need to remember that people aren't obliged to buy a coin simply because it exists or because it's available on a major exchange. People will only buy a coin when they believe more people will want to buy that same coin. Ultracoin's features are good, but they're not unique so they won't sell the coin on their own. Bumface's pseudo-celebrity status has taken us about as far as it will. There doesn't appear to be anymore steam in our pump engine, so we won't get attention through exceptionally high coin values.

What we need is intentional, focused, directed and intelligent promotion of why our coin is needed (the ASIC's are coming!), what our coin provides (ASIC resistance, lower heat/electricity/equipment wear, faster block times), and a flow of coins to people not reading this post. Typically this is done through games, faucets, activity on Reddit/Twitter/etc, extensive interaction with the coin community, tipping bots, and buying on to major exchanges. Coincidentally, this is also a list of things that haven't happened with Ultracoin.

As I understand it, Bumface's primary plan to address these shortcomings is to a) buy scrypt ASIC's and b) wait. I'm not sure what Bumface's role is this coin is supposed to be (he's not a developer and he's clearly not a promoter), so perhaps he could let us know what he believes his responsibilities are, if any. The rest of us can then try to identify what's missing and what we are capable of and willing to tackle. Regardless, I don't have confidence that he will take an active hand in leading this coin to success so I won't be looking to him for that anymore.

(Yes, I know Bumface is working on a UTC marketplace, but that's just as relevant right now as his "secret negotiations" with unnamed exchanges.)

So, knowing that our coin is floundering, what do you guys think we can do to push it forward? What can we do to show people our coin and help them understand why it's a good next step after Litecoin? Or should we just stay the course, trust whatever Bumface is doing, and wait?

getting on bigger exchange gets larger exposure.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:50:34 AM

it needs to be manipulated up, slow and steady so gains take hold. we saw slow manipulation downwards and it held. we just need to keep pushing back, but with tact and finesse. it's working from last few mini pumps i've seen on mintpal.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:51:58 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 11:10:21 AM by Marnie1976

Hey all,

getting on bigger exchange gets larger exposure.

Seriously arguments I read before in post the last days:

“Tee shirts or anything else besides a bigger exchange is gonna help this coin”

“someone (no names mentioned) may have pissed off someone and they are mining this coin just to dump and keep it from going anywhere”
“why anyone would be selling at this ridiculously low price”

“It's not even profitable to mine at this point so someone has to be doing it at a loss”

“I do believe that if this coin doesn't hit a big exchange soon it will be lost forever”

“This coin is not going to shine if strategy is not changed”

“We keep on losing and destroying value because we cannot retain money within, which in turn affects the morale of troops, which in turn often come up with ever absolutely more stupid mind numbing considerations like "being positive", "hoping", "knowing" etc.”  

“Then again, to get out of this pit we need strongly committed devs that will intelligently pitch the coin and make it at least a bit more hype”

“50s comic cartoon with supermen likes are nice, yes. But they will not attract women who don't care about this and prefer dogs instead. So try to find a concept that pleases everybody and not just a couple of nerds otherwise you're going to lose it”

“I would have never expected utc to drop this low”

“The prices are horrible , an entire weeks’ worth of mining wiped out pretty much, hardly even covers electric bill”

ONLY ONE THING WILL HELP !!!!

- GET US ON BIGGER EXCHANGES LIKE CRYPTSY OR BTC-E

IF THIS WIL NOT HAPPEN IN ONE WEEK OR LESS, MINERS WIL GO AWAY AND THE COIN WILL GO FOR A CERTAIN DEAD !!!
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 10:56:57 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 11:22:28 AM by bumface

guys, seriously,

we dont need 20 pages full of suggestions, its all over the place.everybody has an opinion and thats fine, but were not moving an inch. we need less talk, more do.....

i organised a group effort to index news outlets and target webshops, and only 2 people have responded......we had 11 pages full of new suggestions, but the actual thing we are doing is moving slower then a snail......

dont scatter the energy over 12 pages of suggestions, and nobody doing them.

lets do 1 thing at a time, and do it effectively, so we can actually achieve something.....

so dont make giant speeches, but fill out this thread with the news sites and webshop that you know of. its really not that hard

And please include the email adres of that site, im spending to much time per link

CRYPTO NEWS SITES:

CRYPTO WEBSHOPS:

http://forum.ultracoin.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26

KingCole

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:58:37 AM

again many suggestions , and only 2 news website suggestions:

I accept your challenge and have added another three news websites that I think would be useful to share info on Ultracoin. Anyone else?

KC
Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:06:02 AM

guys, seriously,

we dont need 20 pages full of suggestions, its all over the place.everybody has an opinion and thats fine, but were not moving an inch. we need less talk, more do.....

i organised a group effort to index news outlets and target webshops, and only 2 people have responded......we had 11 pages full of new suggestions, but the actual thing we are doing is moving slower then a snail......

dont scatter the energy over 12 pages of suggestions, and nobody doing them.

lets do 1 thing at a time, and do it effectively, so we can actually achieve something.....

so dont make giant speeches, but fill out this thread with the news sites and webshop that you know of. its really not that hard

CRYPTO NEWS SITES:

CRYPTO WEBSHOPS:

http://forum.ultracoin.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26

"we need less talk, more do....."

WE DONT NEED WEBSHOPS NOW !!

THE ONLY THING WE NEED FOR SURE NOW AND WHAT WIL HELP UTC IS : GETTING US AT BIGGER EXCHANGES LIKE CRYPTSIE OR BTC-E
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: