Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:03:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Protagonus

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:11:45 AM

My interpetation of what Bumface is saying:

"yes, it would be nice to be on cryptsy, but untill the coin is doing well and growing for itself, it will not be on cryptsy"

Which then brings me to the point of....why would we need cryptsy if the coin was doing well enough on its own?

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

I wonder also if there was a conversation similar to this:

Bumface:  @bigvern, we have a new coin that we would like to have listed on Cryptsy.
Vern:  @bumface,  would you be willing to spend some BTC to get it listed fast?
Bumface:  @bigver,  no I'd rather not, I don't believe in paying to be listed.
Vern:  @bumface,  We'll if there's enough community support on the forum then I can add it.

This "could" produce answers similar to what we've seen from Bumface, I suppose.  He can only repeat what Vern said in that case.

*On the stuff with a market.  I'm not sure what Doge has done;  but payment processing is the hardest part of a retail store utilizing any crypto.  Any store that uses BTC goes via coinbase, not an exchange.  We may first need a licensed payment processor. 

*Some of the utility complaints we have here, still apply to LTC after 2 years though.  No place to spend, no payment processors, etc.  However, I'm with DCgirl in more promoting Crypto's as a store of value for a general function.   

*I can also give some tips for FB promotion in another post here soon; if people want.  I don't do FB, but was pretty involved with it a few years back.  Never done twitter though.   With FB, I'm pretty familiar on how to get friends, support pages; etc.  as I used to assist in Dev and design concepts for a couple games there. 

*I wish I could to more programing / coding stuff;  but that's not my forte.  I've always been paid as a research engineer.   Heh, I normally get paid for ideas;  the stuff hated so much 'round here  Grin
cointradero

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:12:47 AM

Wonderfull to see how the community is pulling together in a cryptsy twitter campain  Grin

Ah, Bumface is in the house! Question for you - do we have any chance at getting on Cryptsy? We could really use your insight.

yes, it would be good.We just need 1 stable exchange that people trust so the community can bundle together. lets not forget: before the lag on crypto trade we were doing 285 BTC volume per day on UTC/BTC + 14000 dollar on UTC/USD

Ahaa  Roll Eyes i read a good question of dcGirl:
"Ah, Bumface is in the house! Question for you - do we have any chance at getting on Cryptsy? We could really use your insight"

Am I right here dcgirl and you try to ask Bumface here something like : Please give me a answer about if we will get on Cryptsy soon???

And then i see a answer of Bumface which i cannot understand.
Is Bumface so smart to talk around and not answering the question at all, and are the UTC followers of this community hanging on his feet and don’t see he give no answer at all Huh

The "answer" of Bumface :
"yes, it would be good. We just need 1 stable exchange that people trust so the community can bundle together. let’s not forget: before the lag on crypto trade we were doing 285 BTC volume per day on UTC/BTC + 14000 dollar on UTC/USD"

I am confused here...
dcGirl ask a clear question....
Bumface answers but it is not clear what he tell in his answer.... just some small talk...
dcgirl accept this and keep further silent and dont ask here question again ...

So manny of the "community" is on a lease at Bumface i guess Huh

He didn't really answer, but I didn't necessarily accept that. I think this just told me very clearly that he is not going to answer our questions.

Sadly yes, but we've been down this road before.  For now, I suggest we continue to do it our own way.  
cointradero

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:14:44 AM

My interpetation of what Bumface is saying:

"yes, it would be nice to be on cryptsy, but untill the coin is doing well and growing for itself, it will not be on cryptsy"

Which then brings me to the point of....why would we need cryptsy if the coin was doing well enough on its own?

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

I wonder also if there was a conversation similar to this:

Bumface:  @bigvern, we have a new coin that we would like to have listed on Cryptsy.
Vern:  @bumface,  would you be willing to spend some BTC to get it listed fast?
Bumface:  @bigver,  no I'd rather not, I don't believe in paying to be listed.
Vern:  @bumface,  We'll if there's enough community support on the forum then I can add it.

This "could" produce answers similar to what we've seen from Bumface, I suppose.  He can only repeat what Vern said in that case.

*On the stuff with a market.  I'm not sure what Doge has done;  but payment processing is the hardest part of a retail store utilizing any crypto.  Any store that uses BTC goes via coinbase, not an exchange.  We may first need a licensed payment processor. 

*Some of the utility complaints we have here, still apply to LTC after 2 years though.  No place to spend, no payment processors, etc.  However, I'm with DCgirl in more promoting Crypto's as a store of value for a general function.   

*I can also give some tips for FB promotion in another post here soon; if people want.  I don't do FB, but was pretty involved with it a few years back.  Never done twitter though.   With FB, I'm pretty familiar on how to get friends, support pages; etc.  as I used to assist in Dev and design concepts for a couple games there. 

*I wish I could to more programing / coding stuff;  but that's not my forte.  I've always been paid as a research engineer.   Heh, I normally get paid for ideas;  the stuff hated so much 'round here  Grin

A fellow research engineering comrade.  What area?
Marnie1976

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:17:11 AM

Wonderfull to see how the community is pulling together in a cryptsy twitter campain  Grin

Ah, Bumface is in the house! Question for you - do we have any chance at getting on Cryptsy? We could really use your insight.

yes, it would be good.We just need 1 stable exchange that people trust so the community can bundle together. lets not forget: before the lag on crypto trade we were doing 285 BTC volume per day on UTC/BTC + 14000 dollar on UTC/USD

Ahaa  Roll Eyes i read a good question of dcGirl:
"Ah, Bumface is in the house! Question for you - do we have any chance at getting on Cryptsy? We could really use your insight"

Am I right here dcgirl and you try to ask Bumface here something like : Please give me a answer about if we will get on Cryptsy soon???

And then i see a answer of Bumface which i cannot understand.
Is Bumface so smart to talk around and not answering the question at all, and are the UTC followers of this community hanging on his feet and don’t see he give no answer at all Huh

The "answer" of Bumface :
"yes, it would be good. We just need 1 stable exchange that people trust so the community can bundle together. let’s not forget: before the lag on crypto trade we were doing 285 BTC volume per day on UTC/BTC + 14000 dollar on UTC/USD"

I am confused here...
dcGirl ask a clear question....
Bumface answers but it is not clear what he tell in his answer.... just some small talk...
dcgirl accept this and keep further silent and dont ask here question again ...

So manny of the "community" is on a lease at Bumface i guess Huh

He didn't really answer, but I didn't necessarily accept that. I think this just told me very clearly that he is not going to answer our questions.

So dear dcgirl, but then you accept grumpy bumpy bumface is playing with you and playing with all the serious community members. Or am i wrong Huh

What is the fucking problem our beloved DEV give a normal answer like :  "Sorry dcgirl, i think you are right but i cannot open the box of Pandora yet. Please wait"

Instead  grumpy bumpy gives you a shit answer which shows you no respect for your hard work and you accept this and keep further silent....

Come on and wake up girl…
dcgirl

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:17:18 AM

On this one, I'm trying to think it through. There may be a way to achieve payments without being a payment processor, and instead serving as an escrow agent, especially if the store is more of a "middleman". I'd be curious to hear what others think. If instituted this way, then price is determined at time of sale. I need to really think about it and draw something up. A lot depends on the kind of store - to be a retail store like dogestore, you would have to interact with suppliers. But if it were more of a "user sells his stuff" store, performing escrow might work well, as no fiat would ever have to be exchanged.
dcgirl

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:19:03 AM

Come on and wake up girl…[/b]

This one falls under "choose which battle to fight" and I am not in the mood to fight that battle tonight.

Face it - we're on our own here, guys.
Protagonus

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:21:02 AM

Well I've dealt in a few areas I suppose.  One of the companies I worked for had me bounce to all sorts of concepts.  typically have dealt in electronics, physics or chemistry.  Dealt with everything from closed marine ecosystems to chemical precious metal extraction.   Other arenas were related to propulsion and energy production.  Grin 
cointradero

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:26:26 AM

Well I've dealt in a few areas I suppose.  One of the companies I worked for had me bounce to all sorts of concepts.  typically have dealt in electronics, physics or chemistry.  Dealt with everything from closed marine ecosystems to chemical precious metal extraction.   Other arenas were related to propulsion and energy production.  Grin 

I started in alloy development but mainly do IP management and analytical characterization of said alloys now.   
Marnie1976

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:27:03 AM

This one falls under "choose which battle to fight" and I am not in the mood to fight that battle tonight.

...Do I understand you right.

Do you say we are on our own to make UTC successful and we cannot expect serious help from our  DEV Huh
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:28:03 AM

*On the stuff with a market.  I'm not sure what Doge has done;  but payment processing is the hardest part of a retail store utilizing any crypto.  Any store that uses BTC goes via coinbase, not an exchange.  We may first need a licensed payment processor.  

*Some of the utility complaints we have here, still apply to LTC after 2 years though.  No place to spend, no payment processors, etc.  However, I'm with DCgirl in more promoting Crypto's as a store of value for a general function.  

Gold is a store of wealth, you are saying crypto is more like gold as a commodity than as a currency. Not too many people can afford to invest in themselves, let alone hock money up for a rainy day or nest egg. But people can spend money allllll day long and not think twice about it. There are more spenders than savers. UTC to spend as currency, or to invest as hedge. Both are correct. But if you only appeal to hedgers, crypto circulation slows down. Spending the coin keeps the economies going. where do ya draw the line?

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:28:10 AM

*On the stuff with a market.  I'm not sure what Doge has done;  but payment processing is the hardest part of a retail store utilizing any crypto.  Any store that uses BTC goes via coinbase, not an exchange.  We may first need a licensed payment processor.  

On this one, I'm trying to think it through. There may be a way to achieve payments without being a payment processor, and instead serving as an escrow agent, especially if the store is more of a "middleman". I'd be curious to hear what others think. If instituted this way, then price is determined at time of sale. I need to really think about it and draw something up. A lot depends on the kind of store - to be a retail store like dogestore, you would have to interact with suppliers. But if it were more of a "user sells his stuff" store, performing escrow might work well, as no fiat would ever have to be exchanged.
Coinpayments.net create a checkout system that's easily intergratable. In the last round of votes to get added we only got 2. But next month we should all vote everyday so they create a ultracoin checkout system
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:29:19 AM

You can hire someone if you want, or it could be community owned. I am capable of developing a store, but if I did, I would retain ownership of it (unless compensated for development). (I own a software development company)

Wow. I'm liking what I see! We are happy for you to create the store and own it.
or if you need/want donations, maybe it can be partially owned by those who invest. (like stocks)

Do you make mobile apps also?

Some ideas for the store:
1. Have an option to buy UTC at current exchange price with fiat within the store. (Makes UTC more accessible)
2. Buy/sell goods within the store is all done with UTC.
3. Escrow-like service would be good. But I wouldn't want it to be compulsory. An option to use it would be better.
4. Escrow-like service for buying other crypto would be good. (like a market to buy coins instead of using an exchange)

dcgirl

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:29:36 AM

Do you say we are on our own to make UTC successful and we cannot expect serious help from our  DEV Huh

I'm not the person to ask that question. I'm just saying that I'm not expecting help from them.
cointradero

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:30:23 AM

You're trolling as you already know that's what's being said.  It's not that it can't be expected, it's that we're better off not expecting at this point in time.  
dcgirl

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:31:12 AM

You can hire someone if you want, or it could be community owned. I am capable of developing a store, but if I did, I would retain ownership of it (unless compensated for development). (I own a software development company)

Wow. I'm liking what I see! We are happy for you to create the store and own it.
or if you need/want donations, maybe it can be partially owned by those who invest. (like stocks)

Do you make mobile apps also?

Some ideas for the store:
1. Have an option to buy UTC at current exchange price with fiat within the store. (Makes UTC more accessible)
2. Buy/sell goods within the store is all done with UTC.
3. Escrow-like service would be good. But I wouldn't want it to be compulsory. An option to use it would be better.
4. Escrow-like service for buying other crypto would be good. (like a market to buy coins instead of using an exchange)

I do make mobile apps, ios and android.
Protagonus

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:33:00 AM

Yes, without a processor, some middleman (store front) will front the risk of any purchases.  For product acquisition, that could be tougher; depending on the method.  Any electronics, generally require quarterly purchasing agreements to get any price breaks.  Larger corporations or distributors of products look for similar requirements.  
   However, there may be products purchasable in smaller quantities via foreign sources or ebay (heh).  Also, as was mentioned (I believe by halofire).  Purchases could be done on a "per order" basis;  but again, may induce higher risk to the merchant.  

Coinpayments.net create a checkout system that's easily intergratable. In the last round of votes to get added we only got 2. But next month we should all vote everyday so they create a ultracoin checkout system

Ye I saw we missed the voting for that.   Sad

Edit:

Gold is a store of wealth, you are saying crypto is more like gold as a commodity than as a currency.  ...... -snip-

Yes I'm one of those that believes crypto has more of a commodity future.  Even with stores, BTC still fits more of this definition.   But I do think, if crypto succeeds; that there will be more currency types.  
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:34:48 AM

dcgirl, perhaps making UTC wallet app is the first step? Idk if there is one, I doubt it, though. people will need mobile utc wallets to buy things Wink

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Marnie1976

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:36:35 AM

You're trolling as you already know that's what's being said.  It's not that it can't be expected, it's that we're better off not expecting at this point in time.  

No trolling, just search for confirmation....

But anyway very sad to here what dcgirl tells, she is sombody who give so much time and help for UTC....
Navyman47

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:39:10 AM

Also, about UTC+Mintpal, I think the two whales/bots are doing us a favour and helping keep the price stable.
Still holding in the 0.00012-14 range.

Yesterday I also asked cdev from CT about re-opening date, there's nothing official atm, it could very well take 3 weeks

About MintPal - you might be right but they sure screwed things up for little traders like me Sad

Yeah, dcgirl I got screwed as well.  I've moved to mining other coins to try to provide buy support for UTC.  It started well this morning, the buy wall was being built, and then got dumped on and no more support came.  I know I wasn't the only one in the buy wall, but after getting dumped on, it sure felt like I was fighting an uphill battle by myself.  Starting to re-think continued buying of UTC for now.  Someone wants to play games and just manipulate the hell out of the price to make a few pennies.  I might as well go join a multipool and set it and forget it.   Sad
dcgirl

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:50:14 AM

Another OT post - anyone else trading aurora? Last night I thought the price would drop overnight and it ended up doubling. Wondering what to do tonight. It wouldn't surprise me to see it a .25 btc (or higher) - although it could as easily drop down to .025.
Pages: « 1 ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: