Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:25:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 [951] 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722507 times)
philipmicklon

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:24:30 AM

Evan,
Getting ready to setup my masternodes.

• Would you recommend Ubuntu Server 12.04 or 14.04? I heard it works best with 12.04 but shouldn't I use the newest software? I guess 12.04 was LTS so it should be secure still.
  • With > 2000 DRK can I get multiple 'tickets' in the pool using just one server/IP? I know this was planned but someone said it wasn't working yet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:32:58 AM

Darkcoin Masternode by Country

Next will be "Darkcoin Masternode by ISP"

http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html

Maxmind GeoIPISP is used.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:39:05 AM

Rather than dismissing your limitations, embrace them and improve. Masternodes requiring 1000% drk in exchange for 10% of future mining fees appeals to those of you who only seek profit. To the hackers/ adversaries/ tax departments/ NSA/ even just the suspicious, this solution is a joke.

What should you do? Make it better! Adopt ring signatures. Stay ahead of the curve or you will be left behind.

I probably shouldn't bother as your mind is obviously made up that DarkSend is "a joke", but here goes...

1. If you have truly been following the thread you would know that ring signatures have been discussed for DarkSend V2.

2. Why not do it now?  Well because you can't leave DarkSend in beta ad infinitum while Evan is continually trying to catch up to the "cutting edge".  At some point it has to be open sourced and released - and when it is... it will the best open source, fully released anonymous cryptocoin solution at the time.  If you know of any other anonymous coins that are not in alpha, beta, testing, brainstorming, or some other preliminary phase then point them out.  AFAIK, there are none.  

3.  The 1000DRK held in stasis while you function as a masternode (and get 10% of mining reward) is a better solution than having the masternodes being able to be set up at no cost.  Proof of stake while actually providing a service i.e. Proof of Service.  DRK will be one of the first coins with this feature.

4. Stop with the naivety in thinking that just because the NSA has "infinite" money that they can click their heels three times and buy up all the DRK and own all the masternodes.  To buy, you need people to sell - if the NSA tried this the coin price would go through the roof.

5. The NSA doesn't even care about DRK now and DarkSend would have to be a smash hit before they do.  By that time there will likely be a few thousand masternodes forcing them to add all the more value to the coin to accumulate enough masternodes.

6.  How much is "enough" anyway? Several rounds of DarkSend will be used by those really looking for anonymity.  The NSA would need what -- 65%?, 80%? of all the masternodes to get information reliably.  You only need to go through ONE clean node before you are anonymous.  To get all the DRK for that, just how much money would they need to dump into the coin? That in turn would just make DRK more widely known - what are the effects of that?

I could continue, but I won't.  You are drastically oversimplify things by saying "the NSA has a lot of money so therefore your solution of requiring 1000 DRK for masternodes is a joke".  This is a very good solution for the time being, i.e. DarkSend V1.  How it evolves after that point?  Well that is unknown, but the main reason I invested in this coin is not because DarkSend per say, but because Evan is dedicated to improving the anonymous solution that will be used with Darkcoin now and in the future -- whether that takes us to ring signatures or something else entirely.  
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:04:21 AM

I'm a big believer in darkcoin... and I am shorting at .0051

and buying back at .0071?

exactly Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
zhonghao110

Activity: 224

goog

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:05:54 AM

Beyond LTC
dime

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:06:04 AM

Without skyrocketing to anonymint levels of paranoia, it's nevertheless trivializing to read so many posts a day people talking about the NSA without having a clue about the what they can and cannot do from a technical perspective.

Here's a fact, darksend without i2p, tor or ring singatures will be trivial to break by the nsa. For those of you who even follow the news, you will know that the NSA has long had direct access inside amazon, google. They have direct access via prism, which I first read about 7 years in 2007 when working within net security. I currently work in a firm where at least one of my colleagues worked as a contractor and have confirmed its existence. And that it's old news because the nsa has moved on to much bigger things.

The nsa needs fuckall to do with buying darkcoins. That's such a fucking joke.

They have all traffic forwarded to them willingly. They have all metadata forwarded to them willingly. Even if this were not the case, they have complete and utter authorization to track any traffic that originates from US non-citizens, which they can qualify from any non-US ip. They can then fisa the entire darkcoin masternode network and track every single connection with ease.

So talk about darksend, talk about privacy.. but don't open your mouth to talk about "herp derp my coins are safe from nsa eyes" when you have no clue what you're talking about.

ps. For those of you who don't know but want to know more, all this and more are available for your reading pleasure.. Some of the easy to find stuff is available on wikipedia: prism, google "nsa direct access" "nsa at&t traffic" and a bunch of other permutations about "nsa traffic access security" etc... You might consider reading all the stuff snowden has leaked but most of this stuff is pretty shallow to the real stuff you can find if you keep at it.
rochere

Activity: 107

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 06:18:56 AM

im coming

TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:24:39 AM

Darkcoin Masternode by Country

Next will be "Darkcoin Masternode by ISP"

http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html

Maxmind GeoIPISP is used.

Nice !

I have to admit, it seems more decentralized than I thought it would Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:25:28 AM

I'm a big believer in darkcoin... and I am shorting at .0051

and buying back at .0071?

exactly Smiley

That'd be me!  I'm really good at losing coins!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
eizh

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:26:56 AM

2. Why not do it now?  Well because you can't leave DarkSend in beta ad infinitum while Evan is continually trying to catch up to the "cutting edge".  At some point it has to be open sourced and released - and when it is... it will the best open source, fully released anonymous cryptocoin solution at the time.  If you know of any other anonymous coins that are not in alpha, beta, testing, brainstorming, or some other preliminary phase then point them out.  AFAIK, there are none.  

The odd thing about CryptoNote is that it's actually pretty old (by cryptocurrency standards). The first coin to use it was Bytecoin (not BTE, but BCN). This coin was coded from scratch and the blockchain for this actually shows the genesis block being mined on July 2012! CryptoNote itself started research phase before that. However, it was hidden in deepweb communities and only surfaced on the clearweb in March 2014. So this has all been going on for a while, but the origins are shrouded. Other CryptoNote coins are popping up only now and they're using Bytecoin as the reference just like most altcoins have been using Bitcoin.

It's not really alpha since everything works, including the ring signatures. There's no GUI however. Tongue So it sort of reminds people of Bitcoin back in the early days before Qt (which was the third client). I think it would be great if DRK adopted this sort of protocol too. Anonymity is the most worthwhile ideal to pursue in cryptos right now.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:28:11 AM

It is already a known fact that Darksend will come with I2P. Also, if I remember correctly, some community members were also working on tor integration.

Plus, I'm implementing I2P into the masternodes. We're going to have our own private network just for DarkSend.

The odd thing about CryptoNote is that it's actually pretty old (by cryptocurrency standards). The first coin to use it was Bytecoin (not BTE, but BCN). This coin was coded from scratch and the blockchain for this actually shows the genesis block being mined on July 2012! CryptoNote itself started research phase before that. However, it was hidden in deepweb communities and only surfaced on the clearweb in March 2014. So this has all been going on for a while, but the origins are shrouded. Other CryptoNote coins are popping up only now and they're using Bytecoin as the reference just like most altcoins have been using Bitcoin.

It's not really alpha since everything works, including the ring signatures. There's no GUI however. Tongue So it sort of reminds people of Bitcoin back in the early days before Qt (which was the third client). I think it would be great if DRK adopted this sort of protocol too. Anonymity is the most worthwhile ideal to pursue in cryptos right now.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to read up some more on the coins trying to implement this and their stage of development.
Dusty11

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:28:33 AM

Does any coins wallet have a feature of Import wallet (.dat file) rather than having to move it to the folder manually?
Not a big thing but would be a cool feature. Along with update notifications.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:34:45 AM

I tried Bytecoin when it "surfaced" (apparently the delay in public release was equal to a a very large premine which is already considered a scam)... problems in compilation, problems in mining, command line wallet (!!!), I was like wtf is this shit... "everything works" may be something of an overstatement.

Personally I gave up on it... too broken and regressive for my preference. And I'm a linux / cli type of guy... However that's not a criticism on its anonymity technology (which I am not equipped to say if it's sound or not, but I haven't seen anyone say anything bad about it - seems an ok solution). More about the general "package".
InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 06:35:57 AM

Does any coins wallet have a feature of Import wallet (.dat file) rather than having to move it to the folder manually?

If you get the private key from the old .dat file you can import the key into your new wallet with no problems.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:44:34 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 07:00:33 AM by TanteStefana

It may be actually better if Darkcoin implements things differently, and we get a successful CryptoNote coin as well because choices and competition are healthy, and there is an inherent level of safety in numbers if coins function differently, in that if one is somehow cracked, the other could continue on, keeping the private crypto currency goals going.

So which version of monero has the best developers and momentum now?  It's unfortunate they fell apart like that.  

I am really excited for the possibilities the infrastructure of Darkcoin's masternodes hold.  Because it's not just about having privacy, but being able to do things with your coin.  Waiting for a few stores to adopt the coins is going to take a long time, but a decentralized, secure auction site, or consignment site would be beyond awesome!  And I can see that happening in the not too distant future. I've got stuff I'd like to sell, but ebay and paypal take so much of your funds, it's highway robbery!  Even if there were a 1% charge for the use of the service that went to the masternodes, I wouldn't mind... heck, ebay charges insertion fees and almost 10 freakin percent!

Another cool thing is the possibilities should bring in new developers who could implement these new ideas for the masternodes as personal projects, and in so doing, will hopefully become familiar with Darkcoind and DarkSend, and getting a feeling of ownership and kudos, and possibly income from their creations (why not?  Like P2pool)  And having a stake in the continued success of Darkcoin, these developers would presumably become part of the team that continues to develop Darkcoin.

I just see an incredibly healthy ecosystem that could seriously go on into the deep future with this coin.  i'm super excited about it!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:48:07 AM

That would be a very cool feature!  I'm going to add it to the list of things to (maybe) do on our darkcointalk.org forum!  Thanks for that great idea!

done!
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/list-of-future-development-ideas.89/

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:55:45 AM

If you get the private key from the old .dat file you can import the key into your new wallet with no problems.

I think he means it would be cool to switch wallets on the fly, instead of always switching out the .dat files manually.  I keep several wallets because I figure it might be safer.  If one wallet is cracked, it's only some of my coins i loose.  I keep my "current" wallet with a low number of coins because it's online most of the time, the others are in cold storage, except when i'm testing darksends or something Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:05:04 AM

Please clarify for me:  Did you mean a feature where you could load different wallet accounts from an open wallet?  Or did you mean to merge two accounts?  I assumed you meant to switch wallet accounts on the fly in an open wallet.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
teamshow

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:07:38 AM

Please clarify for me:  Did you mean a feature where you could load different wallet accounts from an open wallet?  Or did you mean to merge two accounts?  I assumed you meant to switch wallet accounts on the fly in an open wallet.
Not exactly understand what he meant.
maybe he can elaberate more.
Dusty11

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:08:19 AM

Please clarify for me:  Did you mean a feature where you could load different wallet accounts from an open wallet?  Or did you mean to merge two accounts?  I assumed you meant to switch wallet accounts on the fly in an open wallet.

Yup like you said before I meant to be able to switch wallets on the fly. Just like you can go file>backup wallet, I think it would be cool to have an import wallet option there, where you then select the .dat file.

That would be a very cool feature!  I'm going to add it to the list of things to (maybe) do on our darkcointalk.org forum!  Thanks for that great idea!

done!
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/list-of-future-development-ideas.89/

Nice!
Pages: « 1 ... 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 [951] 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: