Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:47:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 3879 3880 3881 3882 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 [3892] 3893 3894 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 3902 3903 3904 3905 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 3911 3912 3913 3914 3915 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 3925 3926 3927 3928 3929 3930 3931 3932 3933 3934 3935 3936 3937 3938 3939 3940 3941 3942 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722540 times)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:04:05 PM

Well you see, not one single 11.0.3 node on the Masternode Ninja reports as being fully active - they're all yellow. Meanwhile, all the 11.0.4's are green (100% active). So that would seem to suggest that the update *is* required (to me at least, if you want a green light on Ninja) Smiley.

However, the 'formal' downloads page has the latest update as 11.0.3: https://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/

Whereas this informal post has it as 11.0.4: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-0-darkcoin-core-release.3601/page-34#post-38830

It's a bit confusing.

drk.mn is a fabulous monitoring tool with great graphical interface. Elberethzone maintains it and every time there is an update, he has to go in a change "everything" to translate DRK's evolution with each iteration. Naturally, his is not easy, and does have its quirks, its not as simple as getting the new version and magic happens everything works fine. To be absolutely sure, you have the daemon and query for :1 and all is fine.

The yellow is given when >=50% of nodes see that nodes as :0.  Probably an induced bug from updating to v.14. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

i belive it is an update as we are pushing people to update
so I think all none "updated nodes" (mine are all 13 and yellow)
will show yellow at the version / only 14 (in the moment) will show green versions !?

does that makes sense ?
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:09:27 PM

i belive it is an update as we are pushing people to update
so I think all none "updated nodes" (mine are all 13 and yellow)
will show yellow at the version / only 14 (in the moment) will show green versions !?

does that makes sense ?

Sure, could be the case, I really wouldn't know. It does take a little while for the website to reflect changes (like version update or new MN to populate), but in this case, I have no clue.

Just saying, all mine are yellow too... so clearly the pattern shows its a "bug" from updating. I'm sure it'll be quickly resolved.
Libertario

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:13:17 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Privacy_Day Wink
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:20:04 PM

Hi,

As a MN owner I read this topic a zillion times a day for updates. I might just post this even once or twice to let you guys know im here as well  Wink

Flare does my Mn for me and am happy with his work.

Point is, i have a Raspberry Pi model B (512ram) hanging around in the corner catching dust atm after a failed attempt to get a media player in the bedroom (worked but not used hehe).

Is it possible to get a distro on the PI, update with the firewall and all whats needed and run the MN myself? Then just hook it up my router and open port 9999 to it  Smiley

My thanks goes to the dev team for all its excellent work in the past and in the future!

EDIT: My activity is now: 2!  Woot Wink

I remember quite some time ago someone asked a similar question. I think that Raspbian cannot cope with the dependancies needed for the daemon to run. But things change, maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in?

This is something that I have investigated quite a lot but from a Bitcoin perspective.  I am using 1 raspberry pi running minepeon to solo mine BTC and wanted to use my spare pi to just run bitcoind (with plenty of storage).  I've managed to get bitcoind to compile fine on ARM but I need to reboot it daily due to memory issues and hangs.

Along the way I did manage to get Bitcoin QT to run in raspbian but it was virtually unusable.  If I find some free time (admittedly unlikely) I'll see if I can get darkcoin QT to compile and run.  I expect that it will be as bad if not worse to run than bitcoin on the Pi though.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:26:24 PM

Hi,

As a MN owner I read this topic a zillion times a day for updates. I might just post this even once or twice to let you guys know im here as well  Wink

Point is, i have a Raspberry Pi model B (512ram) hanging around in the corner catching dust atm after a failed attempt to get a media player in the bedroom (worked but not used hehe).

Is it possible to get a distro on the PI, update with the firewall and all whats needed and run the MN myself? Then just hook it up my router and open port 9999 to it  Smiley

My thanks goes to the dev team for all its excellent work in the past and in the future!

EDIT: My activity is now: 2!  Woot Wink

I remember quite some time ago someone asked a similar question. I think that Raspbian cannot cope with the dependancies needed for the daemon to run. But things change, maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in?

This is something that I have investigated quite a lot but from a Bitcoin perspective.  I am using 1 raspberry pi running minepeon to solo mine BTC and wanted to use my spare pi to just run bitcoind (with plenty of storage).  I've managed to get bitcoind to compile fine on ARM but I need to reboot it daily due to memory issues and hangs.

Along the way I did manage to get Bitcoin QT to run in raspbian but it was virtually unusable.  If I find some free time (admittedly unlikely) I'll see if I can get darkcoin QT to compile and run.  I expect that it will be as bad if not worse to run than bitcoin on the Pi though.

You're better off with the daemon over the extra GUI memory usage. I see that it had memory issues and hangs previously but I've got to imagine Darkcoin's QT would be many times worse.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:30:54 PM

Hi,

As a MN owner I read this topic a zillion times a day for updates. I might just post this even once or twice to let you guys know im here as well  Wink

Is it possible to get a distro on the PI, update with the firewall and all whats needed and run the MN myself? Then just hook it up my router and open port 9999 to it  Smiley

You're better off with the daemon over the extra GUI memory usage. I see that it had memory issues and hangs previously but I've got to imagine Darkcoin's QT would be many times worse.

Yup, Bitcoin daemon hangs regularly on Pi.   I'll see if I can get Darkcoin daemon to work just out of curiosity.  Hoping to have a day off on Friday next week so might do it then.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:33:39 PM

DRk 4hr MACD just gone Green Cheesy

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
fuzzyduck

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:35:00 PM

Hi,

Yup, Bitcoin daemon hangs regularly on Pi.   I'll see if I can get Darkcoin daemon to work just out of curiosity.  Hoping to have a day off on Friday next week so might do it then.

Are you talking about the B model PI with 512 MB?

Isnt it possible to use a partition on the SDcard as a RAM swapdisk so it never runs out? Maybe slower then, but working.
So it isnt the dependencies then perhaps but a RAM thing.

Its would be awsome the have a mobile MN, so 'they' never can take them offline by forcing a VPS Wink

Run a masternode on a raspberry pi 2 @home! Follow my noobfriendly tutorial @ https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternode-on-raspberry-pi-2-model-b.4083
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:39:04 PM

that is a great link !!!
tx for that !
let's do that a bit bigger , wish I had known about this before

Data Privacy Day (Data Protection Day internationally)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Privacy_Day

DateJanuary 28
Next time28 January 2016
Frequencyannual
First time2007
Data Privacy Day is an international holiday that occurs every January 28.[1]The purpose of Data Privacy Day (Data Protection Day in Europe) is to raise awareness and promote privacy and data protection best practices. It is currently 'celebrated' in the United States, Canada, and 27 European countries. In Europe it is referred to as Data Protection Day.[2]........>>>
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:44:06 PM

Hi,

Are you talking about the B model PI with 512 MB?

Isnt it possible to use a partition on the SDcard as a RAM swapdisk so it never runs out? Maybe slower then, but working.
So it isnt the dependencies then perhaps but a RAM thing.

Its would be awsome the have a mobile MN, so 'they' never can take them offline by forcing a VPS Wink

Bitcoind wouldn't compile at all without having a RAM swapdisk.  Unfortunately I couldn't get it to stabilise. 

Furthermore, to complicate matters:

fuzzyduck

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:48:47 PM

Hehe, Thats exactly my flaw as well. Total Linux noobcake here. I can follow tutorials but thats about it.

Quite handy with Windows and hardware though.... Owning it like a real mainstreamer! Roll Eyes

Run a masternode on a raspberry pi 2 @home! Follow my noobfriendly tutorial @ https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternode-on-raspberry-pi-2-model-b.4083
PTseller
Legendary

Activity: 1148

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:50:30 PM

DRK is way better from other Altcoins i'm glad i have nice amount of coins Smiley DRK is future Grin
FinaGica

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:55:31 PM

Comment at https://darkcointalk.org/threads/cryptopet-first-cryptocurrency-pet-apparel-accessories-store.3784/ if you want CryptoPet.com
to add DarkCoin as a payment option Smiley
PTseller
Legendary

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:57:24 PM

Comment at https://darkcointalk.org/threads/cryptopet-first-cryptocurrency-pet-apparel-accessories-store.3784/ if you want CryptoPet.com

Sure and thanks for sharing the link Smiley hope DRK added soon
FinaGica

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:01:51 PM

If the DRK community shows interest it will be added very fast Wink
PTseller
Legendary

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:04:27 PM

If the DRK community shows interest it will be added very fast Wink

sure let's do this guys Smiley common DRK community 
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:10:38 PM

Do you run masternodes, if so, can you recommend a cheap one for me? Im never 100% sure which one to go for.

I could give you a fish or you can read, read, then read some more about the art of fishing.  The DRK you earn will taste much better, I promise.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:13:21 PM

We are launching today the Darkcoin Ambassadors Group (DAG). It will be a group of world-wide volunteers dedicated to educating the general public about the benefits of Darkcoin. It will make concrete the already excellent relationship between the developers and the Darkcoin community. The DAG will act as the bridge from the cryptosphere to the public sphere.

The ambassadors will get support and training from the Darkcoin team so they can spread the word about Darkcoin in places where Darkcoin is not present yet, with especial focus on real life interactions. They will explain to those not typically drawn to cryptocoins, or to those who only know about other coins, that there is a new alternative, a new approach, and one that offers true privacy.

How will this be accomplished? First, we will establish where our volunteers are physically located. On this basis, we will build both smaller and larger teams, contingent upon the area. This will also be an excellent opportunity for Darkcoin enthusiasts to come to know one another in the real world. After that, those teams will identify opportunities in their area and prepare materials to pursue them, all in constant contact with the Darkcoin team.

Darkcoin needs to go from the virtual to the physical world to increase its adoption, and that means each ambassador spreading the name of Darkcoin as far as they can in their sourrondings.

If you are interested in taking part, please send me (fernando@darkcoin.io) or Daniel/Minotaur (daniel@darkcoin.io) an email or PM. We are going to expect a certain level of commitment in this first phase. We’ll work together in identifying good event opportunities for each participant, prepare materials and rehearse if necessary. Some disclosure about identity, location and skills will also be required so we can match you with the most appropriate opportunities. Of course, we’ll keep your data private!

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-ambassador-group.3785/
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:42:20 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 03:58:27 PM by tungfa

please sign up
and Bump the original post !!

Great initiative !!
 Grin Wink Grin Wink Grin Cool Grin Wink Grin Wink
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:57:43 PM

Our first phase will be team building. We would like to form a group as diverse and distributed in as many different countries as we can. We will then use tools like Slack, Asana and SugarCRM to start working together. At this point, please participate, there are many ways to contribute you can help prepare materials for others to use, suggest a venue, have a team member do a Skype presentation to your colleagues, present yourself or just engage and give ideas.

If we want to see Darkcoin realize its full potential we need to present our vision to the world. We see our growth outside of the crypto-forums so that people that don't even know about BTC get introduced to DRK directly.

This is an official initiative you can see our page on darkcoin.io here: https://www.darkcoin.io/community/darkcoin-ambassador-group/
Pages: « 1 ... 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 3879 3880 3881 3882 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 [3892] 3893 3894 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 3902 3903 3904 3905 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 3911 3912 3913 3914 3915 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 3925 3926 3927 3928 3929 3930 3931 3932 3933 3934 3935 3936 3937 3938 3939 3940 3941 3942 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: