Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:59:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 [5033] 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722569 times)
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:56:12 PM

My unofficial DASH promo-VIDEO  №1 «Dash is the best alternative to Bitcoin»

Hi everybody, I discovered video editing program on my computer - so I decided to produce amateur Dash video from clips.
It is only on Russian yet (voice is not mine, but professional narrator). I hope you will enjoy it, will help me to produce it for other languages and will use it to spread the word!

https://dashtalk.org/threads/my-unofficial-dash-video-1-dash-is-the-best-alternative-to-bitcoin.5818/

Thanks for all guys who helped me with advice, especially poiuty and tungfa.

Production of this video spent not only my time, I also had fiat expenses, so any donations (DASH: XxG6WRPA5ef767m37eEbGjK8T1UPAVGdCq) are appreciated.
I will also appreciate if you help me to produce native sound-overs for other languages (you can use my transcript or fill this video with your own completely different ideas). Send me a message - I will tell you what to do exactly to make it real.
The task and best reward for me - thousands of views to PR Dash proper way.

Dash is decentralized project - so please remember: everyone can produce its own amateur Dash promo materials - «Just do it»! Smiley
Symbolic 1 DASH sent. C'mon people!
Bravo Alex!
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:15:27 PM

Yes Bravo Alex :-D

Good stuff :-D

BUT - where is the OFFICIAL VIDEO??
That everybody paid for months ago??

Is it gonna be outdated by the time V12 comes out?
Is it gonna ever come out?
uh.......Huh

Mangled, please stop bitching about the video. I've told you before what's going on. Please focus.

I've been updating every new development and keeping everyone informed. Everything is going according to schedule. The video will be ready very soon, but we WILL NOT release it until September. This was a decision made by the team for strategic PR purposes. Nothing was delayed or postponed, these thing take their time, especially when coordinated and worked by volunteers scattered around the planet.

It is a very delicate thing, the first Dash video to the masses. Don't get your hope up you will love it, you wont. This is for everyone who has never heard of cryptos before.

It's not going to be outdated because it's not going to be a technical video at all, in fact quite the opposite.

https://dashtalk.org/threads/darkcoin-animated-video.2777/page-6
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:27:22 PM

Yep it is DASH, they're just using DRK as an symbol for it atm which is fine.

Great! I like how many options they have for FIAT deposit and withdrawal.

https://www.livecoin.net/deposits-withdrawals

I hope they do well, improving access to Dash for people is very important.  Also really good for the russian community that they do ruble.  We are improving adoption and access one step at a time.
kadrek

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:39:58 PM

I'm trying out BoltVM for hosting but am having some trouble getting a MN to start. When I start the MN from my wallet it says "masternode started remotely" but when I grep my IP it doesn't show anything. Does it matter that I'm using the same rpcuser and pass and private key that I used on a previous VPS? Do I need to do something on the old MN VPS? All I did was ./dashd stop. I followed Tao's guide if that provides any insight (thanks by the way Smiley).

hummmm

whelp - If nothing is running on the OLD site then it's not gonna be a problem with the NEW site

You should try....

dash-cli masternode stop

on the server
and then

dash-cli masernode start

THEN

masternode start [passwd]
or
masternode start-many [passwd]

on the hot-wallet side

I have found the same issue from time to time and this seems to fix it

You might even need to do a reboot of the server and then run the commands above again

If everything is setup properly - it will work eventually
Not everything works in a - right now manner
time can be delayed and commands to start the MN can also be delayed

It's weird but in the end - if you have done everything correctly - you might have a MN that is running properly but it looks all jacked up

I run a so called 'diagnostics' program that fuzzyduck-moocowmoo-and I put together called dashR that gives me all the info I need to know if my MN is Listening and Running properly

Try it if you like
See what happens

https://github.com/MangledBlue/DASH/tree/MangledBlue-dashR-1

please ask if you have any questions
I'm about off to bed soon so.....

Thanks! I just did ./dashd stop and start and then started it from the hot wallet again and it worked. I was going to say I would have no idea how to use the program you posted but I just saw that there's a nice guide. That explains why dash-cli masternode stop wouldn't work.  Grin

SWIPE         │

│   Monetizing mobile engagement data,
on the blockchain            [      
SWIPE
WHITEPAPER
]            
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 03:49:02 PM

The topic of this thread is Dash, not your epic buttburn about Peter Todd's successful trolling.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 04:31:50 PM

I've been updating every new development and keeping everyone informed. Everything is going according to schedule. The video will be ready very soon, but we WILL NOT release it until September. This was a decision made by the team for strategic PR purposes. Nothing was delayed or postponed, these thing take their time, especially when coordinated and worked by volunteers scattered around the planet.

It is a very delicate thing, the first Dash video to the masses. Don't get your hope up you will love it, you wont. This is for everyone who has never heard of cryptos before.

It's not going to be outdated because it's not going to be a technical video at all, in fact quite the opposite.

You have no idea how happy it made me to read this!

I was hoping exactly for that: A non-technical video explaining the underlying philosophy of DASH and the importance of privacy and anonymity in general. At least these are the motives I would have chosen if I were you, so I'm just assuming.

The technology can be explained later as it stands for itself and just works. Our job is to give the people solid reasons to actually use it, that's why I fully support the conscious decision you made with the first promotional video!

sangoku

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 04:55:44 PM

My unofficial DASH promo-VIDEO  №1 «Dash is the best alternative to Bitcoin»

Hi everybody, I discovered video editing program on my computer - so I decided to produce amateur Dash video from clips.
It is only on Russian yet (voice is not mine, but professional narrator). I hope you will enjoy it, will help me to produce it for other languages and will use it to spread the word!

https://dashtalk.org/threads/my-unofficial-dash-video-1-dash-is-the-best-alternative-to-bitcoin.5818/

Thanks for all guys who helped me with advice, especially poiuty and tungfa.

Production of this video spent not only my time, I also had fiat expenses, so any donations (DASH: XxG6WRPA5ef767m37eEbGjK8T1UPAVGdCq) are appreciated.
I will also appreciate if you help me to produce native sound-overs for other languages (you can use my transcript or fill this video with your own completely different ideas). Send me a message - I will tell you what to do exactly to make it real.
The task and best reward for me - thousands of views to PR Dash proper way.

Dash is decentralized project - so please remember: everyone can produce its own amateur Dash promo materials - «Just do it»! Smiley

I like that

DΛSH is digital cash. Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet. You can send Dash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world. DΛSH Anonymous and Untraceable. The Perfect Digital Cash And The Best Way To Protect Your Privacy https://www.dashpay.io DΛSH is 59.5 times faster with syncing and updating  than Monero.
My DΛSH Address: XgF6sNzGHU58dn36WsC16no9FHct6nPeZD
kadrek

Activity: 327

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:26:05 PM

I'm trying out BoltVM for hosting but am having some trouble getting a MN to start. When I start the MN from my wallet it says "masternode started remotely" but when I grep my IP it doesn't show anything. Does it matter that I'm using the same rpcuser and pass and private key that I used on a previous VPS? Do I need to do something on the old MN VPS? All I did was ./dashd stop. I followed Tao's guide if that provides any insight (thanks by the way Smiley).

hummmm

whelp - If nothing is running on the OLD site then it's not gonna be a problem with the NEW site

You should try....

dash-cli masternode stop

on the server
and then

dash-cli masernode start

THEN

masternode start [passwd]
or
masternode start-many [passwd]

on the hot-wallet side

I have found the same issue from time to time and this seems to fix it

You might even need to do a reboot of the server and then run the commands above again

If everything is setup properly - it will work eventually
Not everything works in a - right now manner
time can be delayed and commands to start the MN can also be delayed

It's weird but in the end - if you have done everything correctly - you might have a MN that is running properly but it looks all jacked up

I run a so called 'diagnostics' program that fuzzyduck-moocowmoo-and I put together called dashR that gives me all the info I need to know if my MN is Listening and Running properly

Try it if you like
See what happens

https://github.com/MangledBlue/DASH/tree/MangledBlue-dashR-1

please ask if you have any questions
I'm about off to bed soon so.....

Thanks! I just did ./dashd stop and start and then started it from the hot wallet again and it worked. I was going to say I would have no idea how to use the program you posted but I just saw that there's a nice guide. That explains why dash-cli masternode stop wouldn't work.  Grin

Yes - that works also :-)

Good to hear you're back :-D

edit: which guide are you referring to??
link?

This is the one I used:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies.2680/

SWIPE         │

│   Monetizing mobile engagement data,
on the blockchain            [      
SWIPE
WHITEPAPER
]            
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:48:29 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 09:14:12 PM by GhostPlayer

You have no idea how happy it made me to read this!

I was hoping exactly for that: A non-technical video explaining the underlying philosophy of DASH and the importance of privacy and anonymity in general. At least these are the motives I would have chosen if I were you, so I'm just assuming.

The technology can be explained later as it stands for itself and just works. Our job is to give the people solid reasons to actually use it, that's why I fully support the conscious decision you made with the first promotional video!

That is exactly why the script took "so long". It was the seed of the whole project, and it's DNA carefully chosen.

It is really simple to write long text explaining every fine detail of why and what not... but to condense the essential message and ethos into a 1 or 2 minute video, in a clear and easy to follow manner, is not easy at all.

Every single line was.. heck, every single word was chosen carefully... it was painful to edit so much stuff out, but in the end we all agreed the final version is down right in the bullseye. Anyone from age 10 to 100 will understand it. Also, cross cultural references were carefully managed, as was the rhythm and pace of the whole thing start to finish.

Even if you K.I.S.S it (keep it simple & stupid), it is huge responsibility to measure every sentence so as to attract masses, and not defraud anyone.

The main goal is to attract a new user base. I will certainly count on blockchain budgets to extend our video library into much easier to deliver, longer and technically inclined videos. The more the merrier, but in all fairness, videos for "geeks" are far less important than for the general population.

Thanks for your words mate!
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:32:13 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2015, 09:45:52 PM by Lukas_Jackson

LOL  Cheesy
So ''successfull'' for you is when nothing happened. You know, you are succesfulll too Cheesy
edit: shit, few minutes and that dumbass is here, watching closely the best crypto DASH. sorry guys  Embarrassed

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 09:36:25 PM

The topic of this thread is Dash, not your epic buttburn about Peter Todd's successful trolling.

So ''successfull'' for you is when nothing happenned. You know, you are succesfulll too Cheesy

Nothing happened as a result of Peter Todd calling Dash "snake oil" and "bad crypto" (in contrast to his judgement of Monero's "good crypto.")

Except for the pages of raging frothy buttburn in this thread.

And a huge Monero rally, while Dash languishes.

Oops, I did it again!   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Macrochip

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 10:20:44 PM

Oops, I did it again!   Cool

Please stop telling us everytime you soil your pants. No one cares.
Besides: It's not our fault your sphincter was weakened so much in prison.

The troll-run is soooo intimidating btw.
Especially when all of the volume is done by devs, bagholders and con-victims all pooled together in one exchange!

PS:
Enjoyable after-work-reading with a nice trolling collection of Moronero acolytes done by our one and only tok:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066829.msg11439079#msg11439079

So much energy Grin

Slawcio21

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:31:01 PM

LOL x2

this will be probably deleted but I don't care much.

What a distribution ugh...
Want to see this new russian new exchange how many % will gain of the cake Wink
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 10:31:29 PM

The troll-run is soooo intimidating btw.
Especially when all of the volume is done by devs, bagholders and con-victims all pooled together in one exchange!

LOL, looks like you are upset about Dash getting #buttrekt today compared to another privacy coin (that us up 23%).

Dash is almost a year older than the coin you compared it to, so of course it's on more exchanges.

Dash is also based on Bitcoin/Peercoin, so it's simple for exchanges to add.  Integrating coins which are 100% different from BTC/PPC takes longer.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Macrochip

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 10:41:43 PM

Dash is almost a year older than the coin you compared it to, so of course it's on more exchanges.

So you just admitted directly, you're either too dumb to subtract dates from each other or that you just talk out of your (weakened) ass without even taking a look at the facts. As usual I go for both.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 11:04:46 PM

"No Premine?"

Ya right.  As if.

The first 24 hours of the coins existence keep causing us problems  -eduffield

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559932.msg6105083#msg6105083

1) Dash's developer, Evan Duffield, released Dash before it's intended release date(Which means the instamine could also be partly counted as a premine)

Exactly.  The coins which were mined previous to the announced release date are obviously premined, whether or not they were included in the genesis block.

^this makes the most sense. If I hold an election and votes cast in the first hours are worth more than votes cast afterwords, the vote would always have an asterisk next to it in the history books if the election date was moved up in the middle of the night and/or only those with rare credentials or at the right location were able to vote.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Macrochip

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 11:30:56 PM

Gee, you might be a complete math retard ("50% premine" <- LOL & "DASH is 1 year older than XMR" <- LOL) but you sure are a fountain of self-defeating information!

Thanks for providing irrefutable evidence that Evan, the dev himself, actively made a suggestion to resolve the fastmine issue, debunking your own bullshit accusations against him. Way to shoot yourself in the foot. Wink

Furthermore: No one cares about the 9% which have been distributed ages ago as anyone can verify via blockchain analysis.
You lost again. Need a tissue, in case you're leaking from one opening or the other?

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:46:24 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2015, 01:52:01 AM by toknormal

Gee, you might be a complete math retard

Macrochip

I'm taking a brief (welcome) break from camping in force-8 gales to tell you to save your energy. Cryptonote is a non-player in the crypto-currency market as I've articulated many times on here.

From a technology point of view, hidden blockchains are quite interesting because they involve lots of challenging programming. From a monetary point of view however they are a gimmick and of speculative value only.

You are having your buttons pressed. Best to focus on practical tasks at hand  Wink

Slawcio21

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:57:52 AM

\o/ Testnet fun! \o/

v39
for example Wink

https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-121#post-62128
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:16:04 AM

Gee, you might be a complete math retard

Macrochip

I'm taking a brief (welcome) break from camping in force-8 gales to tell you to save your energy. Cryptonote is a non-player in the crypto-currency market as I've articulated many times on here.

From a technology point of view, hidden blockchains are quite interesting because they involve lots of challenging programming. From a monetary point of view however they are a gimmick and of speculative value only.

You are having your buttons pressed. Best to focus on practical tasks at hand  Wink

I second this.

I've spent some time over the past couple of days reading through the most recent 10 pages on the main Monero thread to try and comprehend where they're coming from. It's quite an eye opener. My impression is that they're classic propeller-head techno-boffins as so much of what they're talking about revolves around very detailed technical discussions involving complex config and setup options. There's virtually no discussion on economics or the fundamentals of money, nor how in goodness' name they'll ever get their stuff to be understandable by anyone outside of crypto.

Furthermore it's no surprise that g4q34g4qg47ww never had the decency to come back onto the Dash thread and explain in detail why Toknormal is a "charlatan" for pointing out these fundamental aspects that constitute 'money' and that the Monero people clearly fail to comprehend. I think 'the game' in the Monero community is the classic (and oh-so-tedious) "who is the 'smartest' techo in the room". In reading the posts and responses, I'm reminded of many corporate IT environments from the 90s where value was supposedly seen in people that could talk-up all this techno stuff and be given kudos for knowing things and understanding how to configure stuff and knowing all the latest buzzwords, etc. When IT became far more important, things like the CMM (the Capability Maturity Model) provided an assessment score from 0 to 5 that took into account sustainability of operations, ability to manage risk, execution via more formal project management processes, achievement of business objectives and measurable customer satisfaction meeting a set criteria. That then transformed many IT environments and elevated CIOs up into a new realm of importance with the other C level execs. But the "CMM score of less than 1" hero-worship IT-culture is still around and you can see it on full display in the Monero thread with people like fluffypony exuding it in all it's banal ugliness (after sitting through his awful Monero Youtube presentation; classic perception that 'value' is in the technobabble and classic indifference to 'newbs' and people that don't know how things work and my previous pointing out of his "we want Monero to be grandparent proof" being so condescending - typical profile stuff for the techno-arrogant - I can see just how lacking in substance the whole thing is).

Anyhow, I expect there are many good ideas within the Monero code and there's probably people that have put a lot of good effort into where it's at today, but that doesn't make for a well-rounded crypto-currency that will perform the 'currency' part of its namesake.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Pages: « 1 ... 4983 4984 4985 4986 4987 4988 4989 4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 4995 4996 4997 4998 4999 5000 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 5008 5009 5010 5011 5012 5013 5014 5015 5016 5017 5018 5019 5020 5021 5022 5023 5024 5025 5026 5027 5028 5029 5030 5031 5032 [5033] 5034 5035 5036 5037 5038 5039 5040 5041 5042 5043 5044 5045 5046 5047 5048 5049 5050 5051 5052 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: