Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:36:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5752 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 5784 5785 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 5791 5792 5793 5794 5795 5796 5797 5798 5799 5800 5801 [5802] 5803 5804 5805 5806 5807 5808 5809 5810 5811 5812 5813 5814 5815 5816 5817 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 11:19:10 PM

You can listen to the owner of the ROKOS project now on the Dash Roundtable Podcast live.  Nmarley is also going to talk about the woocommerce plugin project.

http://dashroundtable.org/episodes/ep01/

Dash Round Table - Episode 01 - Interview with Oktoshi from ROKOS and Nathan Marley, the owner of WooCommerce Proposal.
Dash Round Table Episode 01 - We Interview Oktoshi proposer of intergration of DASH into ROKOS. We also interview Nathan Marley, proposer of the WooCommerce DASH plugin.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 12:26:41 AM

You can listen to the owner of the ROKOS project now on the Dash Roundtable Podcast live.  Nmarley is also going to talk about the woocommerce plugin project.

http://dashroundtable.org/episodes/ep01/

Dash Round Table Episode 01 - We Interview Oktoshi proposer of intergration of DASH into ROKOS. We also interview Nathan Marley, proposer of the WooCommerce DASH plugin.

Great episode.  Well done Buster, Fernando, and Oaxaca.  You guys have got something good here.  Keep it up!

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 12:30:42 AM

@tok...

How do the eth charts look today? Decent drop this early morning and order book looks really thin on the buy side.

Well I got my stop-loss taken out through the night so I don't think I'll touch it again now. Spectator sport only from now on  Wink Also, all the charts are turning pretty grim. I think people are stuck up there just hoping enough buy liquidity will turn up to let them escape.

What will probably happen is it will sink down a bit then get a pump, then sink some more etc..

How many coins has Dash seen rise and fall? Throughout all of the reckless volitility around it, Dash remains stable, with incremental gain after incremental gain. Because of the dual-market stabilizing effect, this really is a great project for investors.

I agree totally Tao, when I'm dabbling day trading i don't feel safe holding anything other than btc or dash. Dash feels like a reserve currency for me.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:09:49 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 03:04:54 AM by tungfa

Remeber:
Dash news Updates here:
https://telegram.me/dashnews
G.avinMcInnes

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 04:12:06 AM

Anyone know what's going on with Poloniex?

I know we don't have a lot of trading volume.... but we just had someone buy 1000 DASH at around 0.015 and the price seems set to use 0.0144 as support finally...

We may see much higher prices given the way the market has been acting. I know the bots/whales are pushing prices ever so higher on minimum volume per hour, but every time price picks up and consolidates we end up at a new launch platform.

I think we're basically repricing dash internally and externally through our markets. The less shorting we get, the better I GUESS. I just hope we aren't somehow crushing shorts so hard that we end up getting too overpriced.
G.avinMcInnes

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 04:16:09 AM

I think the fact that so few people are selling, is leading me to believe we're far too under priced at the moment.

Lack of volume was leading me to believe we were overpriced, but unlike other alt coins we've increased and sustained irrespective of the others.

0.015 ... now it's 0.01535.

Crushing shorts has never felt so good lol, I'm just concerned about the lack of volume still.
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 04:24:51 AM

I think the fact that so few people are selling, is leading me to believe we're far too under priced at the moment.

Lack of volume was leading me to believe we were overpriced, but unlike other alt coins we've increased and sustained irrespective of the others.

Crushing shorts has never felt so good lol, I'm just concerned about the lack of volume still.
I recently used some MN earnings to throw some coin at the Lisk IPO, which I would classify as a special situation. I'm a hodler and normally don't look for opportunities to sell. I agree the volume is still low compared to peers, but it has always been historically low. Something like a Bitfinex announcement could do wonders for improving Dash's volume.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
Pansyfaust

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:29:26 AM

I recently used some MN earnings to throw some coin at the Lisk IPO, which I would classify as a special situation. I'm a hodler and normally don't look for opportunities to sell. I agree the volume is still low compared to peers, but it has always been historically low. Something like a Bitfinex announcement could do wonders for improving Dash's volume.

Why would Bitfinex, who've added and removed dash, re-add dash to their exchange?
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 11:09:34 AM

Why would Bitfinex, who've added and removed dash, re-add dash to their exchange?
it's been spotted in beta along with ETH.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 11:28:21 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 11:59:53 AM by toknormal

Dash 1-Week candle.

The thing I notice about this revaluation is that it's hundreds of 2 and 3 figure buys. Unlike the last two where buying was more frantic - I remember in 2014 and 2015, 50 and 100 BTC shots being thrown into the market, then much of it came back out during the profit take, albeit leaving behind a higher floor.

This is a much more sedate revaluation. High volume but moving up on granular Dash.

That is also consistent with the longer term charts which were showing that this was on the cards for a while. (i.e. the reval was already latent in the last few months trading, indicated by a shift in volume centre of gravity to the upside).

Dash markets will now be liquid again because (thanks to the higher price) we now have twice the BTC and $USD liquidity for the same Dash volume that there was a few months ago.

On top of all that, it's coming at no expense in terms of nodecount. The network is slowly heading towards 4000 nodes. Even if there's a retrace in the market, that will only push more of the supply into reserve. (Speaking of which, I'll need to update my graphic. It's already out of date  Wink )

All round a very healthy outlook.

P.S. One more thing: The bitcoin-$USD price is holding up. This is good ! It indicates that it's a Dash strength rather than a Bitcoin weakness - i.e. the gain in the DASH/BTC market is not offset by a loss in the BTC/$USD market.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 12:40:24 PM

A sign of success. New regs in Europe coming to clamp down on bitcoin anonymous gateways. You're going to have to give a scan of your passport to the exchange to buy bitcoin.

Decentralised exchanges here we come.

http://www.altcointoday.com/no-anonymous-option-european-bitcoin-users/

Inching closer. BitSquare in pre-release on Github now: https://github.com/bitsquare/bitsquare/releases/tag/v0.3.6

It's one I have not been following. Anyone trying it? Is it DASH-friendly?

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 12:44:38 PM

Dash 1-Week candle.

The thing I notice about this revaluation is that it's hundreds of 2 and 3 figure buys. Unlike the last two where buying was more frantic - I remember in 2014 and 2015, 50 and 100 BTC shots being thrown into the market, then much of it came back out during the profit take, albeit leaving behind a higher floor.

On top of all that, it's coming at no expense in terms of nodecount. The network is slowly heading towards 4000 nodes. Even if there's a retrace in the market, that will only push more of the supply into reserve. (Speaking of which, I'll need to update my graphic. It's already out of date  Wink )

P.S. One more thing: The bitcoin-$USD price is holding up. This is good ! It indicates that it's a Dash strength rather than a Bitcoin weakness - i.e. the gain in the DASH/BTC market is not offset by a loss in the BTC/$USD market.

Three very good indicators right there, IMO. The most impressive of all is that there is basically zero profit taking, at least not from MN owners. All other revaluations resulted in the temporary loss of some masternodes (even the modest revaluation around the time of BTC Miami resulted in -100 MNs for a week or so).

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
EdgarTheEdge

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:09:17 PM

Dash 1-Week candle.

This is a much more sedate revaluation. High volume but moving up on granular Dash.

That is also consistent with the longer term charts which were showing that this was on the cards for a while. (i.e. the reval was already latent in the last few months trading, indicated by a shift in volume centre of gravity to the upside).

Dash markets will now be liquid again because (thanks to the higher price) we now have twice the BTC and $USD liquidity for the same Dash volume that there was a few months ago.

All round a very healthy outlook.

Good analysis. I wish I could buy cheaper DASH btw Cheesy
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 02:34:20 PM

it's been spotted in beta along with ETH.

Is Bitfinex updating the platform? its the only exchange i like(d) besides the Bitstamp.

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:23:16 PM

A sign of success. New regs in Europe coming to clamp down on bitcoin anonymous gateways. You're going to have to give a scan of your passport to the exchange to buy bitcoin.

Inching closer. BitSquare in pre-release on Github now: https://github.com/bitsquare/bitsquare/releases/tag/v0.3.6

Yes, Bitsquare is a full decentralized exchange and accepts DASH.

You can dowload here: https://bitsquare.io
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:45:17 PM

Yes, Bitsquare is a full decentralized exchange and accepts DASH.

You can dowload here: https://bitsquare.io

I understand it more as just a semi-automated OTC escrow service and it uses trusted arbitrators to escrow the deal. They way it works is the crypto seller sends the coins to escrow and then he waits for the FIAT wire after a few days if he receives the money OK the coins are released to the buyer.  I dont think we can really call that a decentralized exchange, at least not one that can replace a traditional exchange service, the process is just too slow for proper price discovery.

I don't really think FIAT exchanges can be truly decentralized other than face to face OTC trades.  I think we need to make them more secure and trust-less but FIAT  would be hard to decentralize completely as it relates to banking institutions.
LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 04:18:51 PM

any ideas how evan could handle the asics problem?

I don't think he sees it as a problem, from his past writings. Has anything changed?
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 04:55:18 PM

I don't think he sees it as a problem, from his past writings. Has anything changed?

so asics doesn't end in more mining centralisation for dash?
Edit: i know that every pow coin has this problem, but hey, we have evan. We could do this in a better way.

All we know is from Evan, here:

Another very important point to make about the Satoshi Roundtable was the very large issue with mining centralization in the Bitcoin space. When Satoshi originally invented Bitcoin, he did not anticipate the excessive mining centralization that has become a dominant force in the Bitcoin space. Due to this, we now have a small group of people that literally control the protocol consensus and their short term interests may be in conflict with the long term interests of other stakeholders, industry, users, etc. We definitely do not want our ecosystem to follow the same failed course and we definitely would have under the pooled ASIC mining paradigm. This is mainly because there are differences in efficiency that a miner can gain depending on where they live, which can give a huge advantage when their higher investment returns are compounded. Efficiencies such as cheaper labor, cheap or free electricity and even withholding newer advanced ASICs for their own mining operations, then selling them after they become less effective. After many iterations of these phenomenon in BTC we have come to a situation where the ones who have access to these advantages effectively control Bitcoin.

After hours of discussions, we believe we have found the solution to the unfair mining advantages that produce centralization around certain jurisdictions that control the production of ASICS. We will be releasing much more information about this soon, but are feverishly working on this project for v12.1. We’re going to be releasing much more information about this in the coming weeks; it’s going to be a giant advantage for the Dash project.

Also, either Evan or Daniel said somewhere (sorry, I read a lot and don't remember where!) that the fix would not involve an algo change.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 05:02:35 PM

Edit: i know that every pow coin has this problem, but hey, we have evan. We could do this in a better way.

There's a specific quote I'm thinking of, where he sees us going down the same road as Bitcoin, CPU, GPU, then ASIC. I'm curious if his stance has changed. I think it gives us a cachet in the crypto world, where companies spend big money to expand the Dash ecosytem, although in a limited way.

I haven't given it a lot of thought, but with a tiered network, does mining centralization pose as big a threat to Dash as to other coins? Masternodes seem to wield the power here. Unlike Bitcoin devs, Evan is willing to cut off old nodes during an upgrade (like to 0.12, I think), which would tame rouge or overly-conservative miners who didn't want to change because of some controversial feature in a new client. Just thinking out loud

Edit: ddlink7 thanks for the quote, very interesting!
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 05:45:19 PM

There's a specific quote I'm thinking of, where he sees us going down the same road as Bitcoin, CPU, GPU, then ASIC. I'm curious if his stance has changed. I think it gives us a cachet in the crypto world, where companies spend big money to expand the Dash ecosytem, although in a limited way.

I haven't given it a lot of thought, but with a tiered network, does mining centralization pose as big a threat to Dash as to other coins? Masternodes seem to wield the power here. Unlike Bitcoin devs, Evan is willing to cut off old nodes during an upgrade (like to 0.12, I think), which would tame rouge or overly-conservative miners who didn't want to change because of some controversial feature in a new client. Just thinking out loud

Edit: ddlink7 thanks for the quote, very interesting!

A lot of the above discussion already took place at the Dashtalk forum and Dashwhale forum, which resulted in three polls all indicating a majority against changing the mining algoritme

https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-proposal-change-of-x11-mining-algorithm-because-of-asics.8177/page-4#post-88188
https://dashtalk.org/threads/should-we-change-the-mining-algorithm-because-of-asics.8160/
https://www.dashwhale.org/p/change-X11  

I do think Evan found a way to avoid ASIC mining centralisation (see ddink's post above) without changing the mining algoritme, he just needs time to see if it can be implemented.

FYI

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Pages: « 1 ... 5752 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 5784 5785 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 5791 5792 5793 5794 5795 5796 5797 5798 5799 5800 5801 [5802] 5803 5804 5805 5806 5807 5808 5809 5810 5811 5812 5813 5814 5815 5816 5817 5818 5819 5820 5821 5822 5823 5824 5825 5826 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 5833 5834 5835 5836 5837 5838 5839 5840 5841 5842 5843 5844 5845 5846 5847 5848 5849 5850 5851 5852 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: