Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:12:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5916 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 5944 5945 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 5951 5952 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 [5966] 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 08:54:17 PM

Any good news about DASH? The price grow a lot today.

https://www.google.com/#tbm=nws&q=dash+cryptocurrency
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2016, 09:59:12 PM

TAO'S STEEM ON DASH | Dash's Strength Is Its People

https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@taoofsatoshi/tao-s-steem-on-dash-or-dash-s-strength-is-its-people

Congrats all on $10!  Grin  Grin  Grin

bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2016, 11:39:29 PM

Hi, Morning HinnomTX...

I think you should reconsider about ETC, it has difficulty time bomb which will render mining futile soon enough. etc need dev to fix it to implement pos or stay pow.  and i will not buy it before that matter clear.
Hey, good afternoon noobtrader. I think the ETH and ETC will find their own paths forward. It seems likely that ETC will continue PoW, and consensus to achieve that should face no resistance from miners, obviously. But yes, I agree that ETC faces some issues, and needs to attract talented developers. Risk-reward tradeoff still seems OK. Dash is still a solid bet even at this price. Smiley    

In my opinion...DASH is way under market capped.   It should be BTC, ETH/ETC(what ever ends up with these 2), DASH in the top 3.   LTC should have died off already.....  Cyrtocurrencies need  to move out of the dark ages... DASH, with it open team of developers and governance mechanisms, is poised to set the standard.   Gone should be the days of pseudo handles and secret developers.  This is real money now people are playing with and there needs to be transparency.  Who is behind a "currency" is most important during its development stages. 

My take is  DASH should be at least have the marketcap of LTC.  IMHO.  How the hell something like Steem coming out of no where is worth more then DASH is ridiculous.   But slow and steady wins the race.

Richard
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 11:54:44 PM

iPhone + Anroid pieps
Dash now available on  Lawnmower Blockchain Index
https://lawnmower.io/lawnmower-blockchain-index
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 01:29:37 AM

Hi, Morning HinnomTX...

I think you should reconsider about ETC, it has difficulty time bomb which will render mining futile soon enough. etc need dev to fix it to implement pos or stay pow.  and i will not buy it before that matter clear.
Hey, good afternoon noobtrader. I think the ETH and ETC will find their own paths forward. It seems likely that ETC will continue PoW, and consensus to achieve that should face no resistance from miners, obviously. But yes, I agree that ETC faces some issues, and needs to attract talented developers. Risk-reward tradeoff still seems OK. Dash is still a solid bet even at this price. Smiley    

In my opinion...DASH is way under market capped.   It should be BTC, ETH/ETC(what ever ends up with these 2), DASH in the top 3.   LTC should have died off already.....  Cyrtocurrencies need  to move out of the dark ages... DASH, with it open team of developers and governance mechanisms, is poised to set the standard.   Gone should be the days of pseudo handles and secret developers.  This is real money now people are playing with and there needs to be transparency.  Who is behind a "currency" is most important during its development stages. 

My take is  DASH should be at least have the marketcap of LTC.  IMHO.  How the hell something like Steem coming out of no where is worth more then DASH is ridiculous.   But slow and steady wins the race.

Richard

i agree. DASH is way undervalued and is poised to explode upwards very soon. i expect the move to be massive and fully expect the masternode count to go down as people take some profits.

steem is a 80% stealthmined/sneakmined/ninjamine premine that also had a fastmined pow to pos transition. so a few big fish like smooth will always control the coin and it will be centralized until they dump and crash the price. until then the price will stay high as only a few control the coin.
the good news is that we no longer have to hear from the monero trolls as several of them and one of their core devs is knee deep in all the drama. their coin (monero) will now forever be tied to steem through funding by their core dev.
bottom line is the monero trolls have had their Crypto police/CJW crypto justice warrior sheriff's badge stripped from them in a humiliating fashion. a few good monero folks who did not get in early have spoken out about the scam but the loudest anti-DASH trolls have been silent all the way to the bank, total hypocrites.
it's really too bad because the underlying steem tech is very cool but i expect their fate will be similar to that of ethereum (cool tech too) and there will be a huge backlash. the price has already stalled and now i'm just waiting for the panic sale to commence.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 02:01:49 AM

Congratulations Dash On Another Record Market Cap!

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/marketcap-dash.html

Over $66 million - Wow!

Here are some other interesting metrics for the month of July:
- Masternode count finished at 4,106 (+9.1%)
- Average daily price volatility is 2.4% (compared to 1.3% for Bitcoin)
- Active addresses per day at 8.51k (+21.5%)
- Transactions per day at 1.31k (+24.0%)
- Transactions per address per day at 0.154 (+2.0%)
- Total transactions 40,670 (+28.2%)
- Average block size is 3.23k (+24.5%)
- Average hashrate was 465 GH/s (+13.7%)
- Average number of full nodes (including MNs) was 6,115 (+2.0%)

- Reddit subscribers +5.6%
- YouTube subscribers +46.4%

- Marketcap now represents ~2.6% of the altcoin market, up from ~2.1% at the end of June.
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 02:11:18 AM

No full retracement after this year's pump yet, that's remarkable. I hope the Dash market will respond more to fundamentals than to Bitcoin swings in the future.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 02:58:29 AM

Dash Presentation: August 20, 2016 The Pirate Party of Russia, the annual conference of CIF 3 (Moscow)

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-presentation-august-20-2016-the-pirate-party-of-russia-the-annual-conference-of-cif-3-crypt.9997/
https://cif.pirate-party.ru
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 03:13:26 AM

Hi, Morning HinnomTX...

well, i guess etc will surely gain traction if they have clear path for future development but i wouldnt bet a lot on it. i rather buy dash and get MN reward  and price appreciation combo.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 04:40:34 PM

Congratulations Dash On Another Record Market Cap!

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/marketcap-dash.html

Over $66 million - Wow!

Here are some other interesting metrics for the month of July:
- Masternode count finished at 4,106 (+9.1%)
- Average daily price volatility is 2.4% (compared to 1.3% for Bitcoin)
- Active addresses per day at 8.51k (+21.5%)
- Transactions per day at 1.31k (+24.0%)
- Transactions per address per day at 0.154 (+2.0%)
- Total transactions 40,670 (+28.2%)
- Average block size is 3.23k (+24.5%)
- Average hashrate was 465 GH/s (+13.7%)
- Average number of full nodes (including MNs) was 6,115 (+2.0%)

- Reddit subscribers +5.6%
- YouTube subscribers +46.4%

- Marketcap now represents ~2.6% of the altcoin market, up from ~2.1% at the end of June.

Well, that impressive.
Can you tell us how you compute those statistics? (in case you compute them on a daily basis, should it be possible to make an internet page with those graphics updated every day?)

And what means exactly  "Active addresses per day" (for example this include the address of MN payments?)

Anyway these data show us the growing of our network!  Smiley
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 05:40:24 PM

August 2016 Development Update
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/august-2016-development-update.10018/#post-100648

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to take some time to update the community about the state of the project and our current work. As you likely know, I recently returned from the d10e conference, where I met a number of volunteers and enthusiasts from the community. We also established many new industry connections. Conferences are incredibly useful, and they remind us that the world has not been exposed to enough information about Dash for it to reach more than a small subset of people even within a community like d10e. Nine of ten people I personally spoke to were completely unaware of what we’re doing, but as they learned about it most became incredibly excited to hear something like this was being created. Dash-only features like self-governance, self-funding, decentralized api access, interest bearing accounts and masternodes were the features these investors were most excited about.

After returning from the conference, we’re quickly picking up where we left off on 12.1. This is a critical phase of development, far more than at any point we’ve been in the past. This is the phase where we need to anticipate as many use cases as possible for the evolution software, since providing new functionality at a later stage will be more complex. Therefore, this phase is arguably more important than it would be in a centralized company, as we have seen from other projects in the space, due to the complexity of altering decentralized systems after they are in the wild.

There are currently two separate teams developing the next version of Dash. These are the Evolution team, and dash-core. The Evolution team is tasked with creating a simple user interface to provide a secure, fun, and easy user experience. While this sounds simple, it’s nothing of the sort. The team is building three separate wallets for different audiences. These are going to be the personal-client, merchant-client, and operator-client. The personal-client provides the most simple experience, allowing end-users to engage in social commerce with friends and in transactions with merchants who list their apps and services within a decentralized marketplace in Evolution. The merchant-client will enable the merchants to manage their product and service listings, customer payments, and subscriptions in Evolution. The operator-client enables Masternode operators, moderators, and other incentivized roles to access their functions from a simple client.

The team is also building the decentralized REST API to be hosted on the Masternode network and a set of SDKs for major platforms. Together, these capabilities will enable merchants to quickly and easily integrate decentralized Dash transactions into any website or app, and without the need to host a Dash node of their own. Integrating Dash into a website or app will be as simple as integrating a few lines of code, similar to what payment gateway providers like Braintree and Stripe provide for online merchants. This will significantly reduce the barriers to digital currency adoption for online merchants, allowing them to integrate Dash within hours and without the need for third-party services, fees, or infrastructure.

On the dash-core side, the team has been working on general usability/stability of 12.1. We are also integrating a basic version of dashdrive into the system. Dashdrive is the storage mechanism that sentinel+dashd use to store information on the network. At this point it is in a basic state that allows for objects to be created and stored as they will in the future. However the current storage capacity is quite small presently. For now, we will only be storing governance system data, mirroring the system setup for budgets from 12.0.

After the release of 12.1, utilizing this new technology to build our budgets, we will begin adding additional required pieces of functionality to integrate the two sides of the project. This involves beginning to use dashdrive as it was intended, as a storage mechanism for user data. New functionalities such as creation of users, groups, accounts and the ability to pay-to-url will be next on the development roadmap.

12.1 is also going to be something of a “pre-alpha” for Evolution. This means it will be able to store some of the basic data structures required for a user to register their Evolution account and be able to use it in basic ways. Many of the more advanced functionalities will first be exposed via CLI, allowing more experienced users access into the system before we implement the features into the evo-client.

As for current testing process, after d10e we have been busy onboarding some new highly-skilled developers into the core-team, which will be helping us to thoroughly test and refine 12.1 and will continue into 12.2 development. This additional capacity and expertise will accelerate the pace and quality of testing, bug-fixing, and ongoing core development, and allow progress to continue unabated even when my time may be required for events or business-related needs.

Testing is currently progressing for 12.1, and we are presently working on getting superblocks to be created and accepted on the network. This introduces a lot of new code and needs some work before community-wide public testing would be beneficial. The current one is a process of debugging thousands of new lines of code, and making sure most of the work flows are tested and function on a basic level without critical errors. We should expect to shift to public testing of version 12.1 within the next two weeks.

Thanks!

eduffield, Today at 6:10 PM  

Fantastic news, specially about :

As for current testing process, after d10e we have been busy onboarding some new highly-skilled developers into the core-team, which will be helping us to thoroughly test and refine 12.1 and will continue into 12.2 development. This additional capacity and expertise will accelerate the pace and quality of testing, bug-fixing, and ongoing core development, and allow progress to continue unabated even when my time may be required for events or business-related needs.

and

We should expect to shift to public testing of version 12.1 within the next two weeks.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 06:13:29 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2016, 06:38:15 PM by qwizzie

https://twitter.com/bitfinex?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://www.bitfinex.com/

for status updates check here : https://bitfinex.statuspage.io/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 06:14:00 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2016, 07:46:05 PM by Otoh

Ooops, https://www.bitfinex.com/ hacked, DASH not affected Grin

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 06:20:23 PM

Ooops, https://www.bitfinex.com/ hacked, DASH not effected Grin

Only BTC seems to be effected

Walter_S

Activity: 310

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 06:34:09 PM

excalibur posted this in Slack a few hours ago, I just saw it:
https://bitflikz.com/blogs/news/critical-security-update-from-bitflikz-gdax-coinbase-may-be-insolvent

Well, there goes my on/off ramp!

this whole shit with ETH is really starting to piss me off.  Until this is all settled...I've decided and just finished pulling down all my funds on the exchanges back home.  Scary on the coinbase thing....what a nightmare!

It is messed up for sure, here is my take with some lolz  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1556041.msg15765203#msg15765203

Yes, it's a complete shitshow. Expect further shocks to the ecosystem. I don't trade personally so keep all my coins in cold storage; but to anyone who does keep coins on exchanges - I recommend you keep them off unless completely necessary & if they're on an exchange accept the risk that you might lose them. The sooner we have a proper multi-currency decentralized exchange the better.

Walter

http://blog.bitfinex.com/uncategorized/security-breach/

As I said the other day... It's a clusterfucking shitshow everyone!

Walter
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 06:40:50 PM

Yep, mostly I meant that it's a good thing we aren't traded there any more

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 06:46:37 PM

dont tell anyone but after having not traded over there for over 2 years (ever since they removed Darkcoin there)
i very very recentely started trading there, and then of course this happens ..  Embarrassed
at least i didnt have any bitcoin on there at this specific time, a big relief.

but i agree, its a good thing Dash isn't traded there anymore .. it could have easily became a target as well.

Walter_S

Activity: 310

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 07:00:31 PM

dont tell anyone but after having not traded over there for over 2 years (ever since they removed Darkcoin there)
i very very recentely started trading there, and then of course this happens ..  Embarrassed
at least i didnt have any bitcoin on there at this specific time, a big relief.

but i agree, its a good thing Dash isn't traded there anymore .. it could have easily became a target as well.

Maybe a bit of my avatar is seeping into me but shit like this Bitfinex hack gets me really angry. Just when the ecosystem looks like it could explode in adoption shit like Eth/dao and BTC hacks come along and fuck the whole thing into a cocked hat.

Anyway... hopefully Dash will be unaffected and may even pick up some more support from this. I just hope it doesn't overshadow the real news today which is that the Dash team have just released another stonking update jam packed with positive news for the project Smiley

Walter
Taylor05

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 07:26:53 PM

Proposal: Dash Foundation Donation

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-dash-foundation-donation.10021/
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

BUMP.

August 2016 Development Update
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/august-2016-development-update.10018/#post-100648

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to take some time to update the community about the state of the project and our current work. As you likely know, I recently returned from the d10e conference, where I met a number of volunteers and enthusiasts from the community. We also established many new industry connections. Conferences are incredibly useful, and they remind us that the world has not been exposed to enough information about Dash for it to reach more than a small subset of people even within a community like d10e. Nine of ten people I personally spoke to were completely unaware of what we’re doing, but as they learned about it most became incredibly excited to hear something like this was being created. Dash-only features like self-governance, self-funding, decentralized api access, interest bearing accounts and masternodes were the features these investors were most excited about.

After returning from the conference, we’re quickly picking up where we left off on 12.1. This is a critical phase of development, far more than at any point we’ve been in the past. This is the phase where we need to anticipate as many use cases as possible for the evolution software, since providing new functionality at a later stage will be more complex. Therefore, this phase is arguably more important than it would be in a centralized company, as we have seen from other projects in the space, due to the complexity of altering decentralized systems after they are in the wild.

There are currently two separate teams developing the next version of Dash. These are the Evolution team, and dash-core. The Evolution team is tasked with creating a simple user interface to provide a secure, fun, and easy user experience. While this sounds simple, it’s nothing of the sort. The team is building three separate wallets for different audiences. These are going to be the personal-client, merchant-client, and operator-client. The personal-client provides the most simple experience, allowing end-users to engage in social commerce with friends and in transactions with merchants who list their apps and services within a decentralized marketplace in Evolution. The merchant-client will enable the merchants to manage their product and service listings, customer payments, and subscriptions in Evolution. The operator-client enables Masternode operators, moderators, and other incentivized roles to access their functions from a simple client.

The team is also building the decentralized REST API to be hosted on the Masternode network and a set of SDKs for major platforms. Together, these capabilities will enable merchants to quickly and easily integrate decentralized Dash transactions into any website or app, and without the need to host a Dash node of their own. Integrating Dash into a website or app will be as simple as integrating a few lines of code, similar to what payment gateway providers like Braintree and Stripe provide for online merchants. This will significantly reduce the barriers to digital currency adoption for online merchants, allowing them to integrate Dash within hours and without the need for third-party services, fees, or infrastructure.

On the dash-core side, the team has been working on general usability/stability of 12.1. We are also integrating a basic version of dashdrive into the system. Dashdrive is the storage mechanism that sentinel+dashd use to store information on the network. At this point it is in a basic state that allows for objects to be created and stored as they will in the future. However the current storage capacity is quite small presently. For now, we will only be storing governance system data, mirroring the system setup for budgets from 12.0.

After the release of 12.1, utilizing this new technology to build our budgets, we will begin adding additional required pieces of functionality to integrate the two sides of the project. This involves beginning to use dashdrive as it was intended, as a storage mechanism for user data. New functionalities such as creation of users, groups, accounts and the ability to pay-to-url will be next on the development roadmap.

12.1 is also going to be something of a “pre-alpha” for Evolution. This means it will be able to store some of the basic data structures required for a user to register their Evolution account and be able to use it in basic ways. Many of the more advanced functionalities will first be exposed via CLI, allowing more experienced users access into the system before we implement the features into the evo-client.

Testing is currently progressing for 12.1, and we are presently working on getting superblocks to be created and accepted on the network. This introduces a lot of new code and needs some work before community-wide public testing would be beneficial. The current one is a process of debugging thousands of new lines of code, and making sure most of the work flows are tested and function on a basic level without critical errors. We should expect to shift to public testing of version 12.1 within the next two weeks.

Thanks!

eduffield, Today at 6:10 PM  

Fantastic news, specially about :

and

We should expect to shift to public testing of version 12.1 within the next two weeks.

Pages: « 1 ... 5916 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 5944 5945 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 5951 5952 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 [5966] 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: