Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:10:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 5944 5945 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 5951 5952 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 [5967] 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:23:31 PM

BUMP.

August 2016 Development Update
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/august-2016-development-update.10018/#post-100648

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to take some time to update the community about the state of the project and our current work. As you likely know, I recently returned from the d10e conference, where I met a number of volunteers and enthusiasts from the community. We also established many new industry connections. Conferences are incredibly useful, and they remind us that the world has not been exposed to enough information about Dash for it to reach more than a small subset of people even within a community like d10e. Nine of ten people I personally spoke to were completely unaware of what we’re doing, but as they learned about it most became incredibly excited to hear something like this was being created. Dash-only features like self-governance, self-funding, decentralized api access, interest bearing accounts and masternodes were the features these investors were most excited about.

After returning from the conference, we’re quickly picking up where we left off on 12.1. This is a critical phase of development, far more than at any point we’ve been in the past. This is the phase where we need to anticipate as many use cases as possible for the evolution software, since providing new functionality at a later stage will be more complex. Therefore, this phase is arguably more important than it would be in a centralized company, as we have seen from other projects in the space, due to the complexity of altering decentralized systems after they are in the wild.

There are currently two separate teams developing the next version of Dash. These are the Evolution team, and dash-core. The Evolution team is tasked with creating a simple user interface to provide a secure, fun, and easy user experience. While this sounds simple, it’s nothing of the sort. The team is building three separate wallets for different audiences. These are going to be the personal-client, merchant-client, and operator-client. The personal-client provides the most simple experience, allowing end-users to engage in social commerce with friends and in transactions with merchants who list their apps and services within a decentralized marketplace in Evolution. The merchant-client will enable the merchants to manage their product and service listings, customer payments, and subscriptions in Evolution. The operator-client enables Masternode operators, moderators, and other incentivized roles to access their functions from a simple client.

The team is also building the decentralized REST API to be hosted on the Masternode network and a set of SDKs for major platforms. Together, these capabilities will enable merchants to quickly and easily integrate decentralized Dash transactions into any website or app, and without the need to host a Dash node of their own. Integrating Dash into a website or app will be as simple as integrating a few lines of code, similar to what payment gateway providers like Braintree and Stripe provide for online merchants. This will significantly reduce the barriers to digital currency adoption for online merchants, allowing them to integrate Dash within hours and without the need for third-party services, fees, or infrastructure.

On the dash-core side, the team has been working on general usability/stability of 12.1. We are also integrating a basic version of dashdrive into the system. Dashdrive is the storage mechanism that sentinel+dashd use to store information on the network. At this point it is in a basic state that allows for objects to be created and stored as they will in the future. However the current storage capacity is quite small presently. For now, we will only be storing governance system data, mirroring the system setup for budgets from 12.0.

After the release of 12.1, utilizing this new technology to build our budgets, we will begin adding additional required pieces of functionality to integrate the two sides of the project. This involves beginning to use dashdrive as it was intended, as a storage mechanism for user data. New functionalities such as creation of users, groups, accounts and the ability to pay-to-url will be next on the development roadmap.

12.1 is also going to be something of a “pre-alpha” for Evolution. This means it will be able to store some of the basic data structures required for a user to register their Evolution account and be able to use it in basic ways. Many of the more advanced functionalities will first be exposed via CLI, allowing more experienced users access into the system before we implement the features into the evo-client.

As for current testing process, after d10e we have been busy onboarding some new highly-skilled developers into the core-team, which will be helping us to thoroughly test and refine 12.1 and will continue into 12.2 development. This additional capacity and expertise will accelerate the pace and quality of testing, bug-fixing, and ongoing core development, and allow progress to continue unabated even when my time may be required for events or business-related needs.

Testing is currently progressing for 12.1, and we are presently working on getting superblocks to be created and accepted on the network. This introduces a lot of new code and needs some work before community-wide public testing would be beneficial. The current one is a process of debugging thousands of new lines of code, and making sure most of the work flows are tested and function on a basic level without critical errors. We should expect to shift to public testing of version 12.1 within the next two weeks.

Thanks!

eduffield, Today at 6:10 PM  

Fantastic news, specially about :

As for current testing process, after d10e we have been busy onboarding some new highly-skilled developers into the core-team, which will be helping us to thoroughly test and refine 12.1 and will continue into 12.2 development. This additional capacity and expertise will accelerate the pace and quality of testing, bug-fixing, and ongoing core development, and allow progress to continue unabated even when my time may be required for events or business-related needs.

and

We should expect to shift to public testing of version 12.1 within the next two weeks.

Atleast some good news incoming Wink
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 10:27:56 PM

Major crypto manoeuvrings.
Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 10:29:51 PM

BUMP.

August 2016 Development Update
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/august-2016-development-update.10018/#post-100648

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to take some time to update the community about the state of the project and our current work. As you likely know, I recently returned from the d10e conference, where I met a number of volunteers and enthusiasts from the community. We also established many new industry connections. Conferences are incredibly useful, and they remind us that the world has not been exposed to enough information about Dash for it to reach more than a small subset of people even within a community like d10e. Nine of ten people I personally spoke to were completely unaware of what we’re doing, but as they learned about it most became incredibly excited to hear something like this was being created. Dash-only features like self-governance, self-funding, decentralized api access, interest bearing accounts and masternodes were the features these investors were most excited about.

After returning from the conference, we’re quickly picking up where we left off on 12.1. This is a critical phase of development, far more than at any point we’ve been in the past. This is the phase where we need to anticipate as many use cases as possible for the evolution software, since providing new functionality at a later stage will be more complex. Therefore, this phase is arguably more important than it would be in a centralized company, as we have seen from other projects in the space, due to the complexity of altering decentralized systems after they are in the wild.

There are currently two separate teams developing the next version of Dash. These are the Evolution team, and dash-core. The Evolution team is tasked with creating a simple user interface to provide a secure, fun, and easy user experience. While this sounds simple, it’s nothing of the sort. The team is building three separate wallets for different audiences. These are going to be the personal-client, merchant-client, and operator-client. The personal-client provides the most simple experience, allowing end-users to engage in social commerce with friends and in transactions with merchants who list their apps and services within a decentralized marketplace in Evolution. The merchant-client will enable the merchants to manage their product and service listings, customer payments, and subscriptions in Evolution. The operator-client enables Masternode operators, moderators, and other incentivized roles to access their functions from a simple client.

The team is also building the decentralized REST API to be hosted on the Masternode network and a set of SDKs for major platforms. Together, these capabilities will enable merchants to quickly and easily integrate decentralized Dash transactions into any website or app, and without the need to host a Dash node of their own. Integrating Dash into a website or app will be as simple as integrating a few lines of code, similar to what payment gateway providers like Braintree and Stripe provide for online merchants. This will significantly reduce the barriers to digital currency adoption for online merchants, allowing them to integrate Dash within hours and without the need for third-party services, fees, or infrastructure.

On the dash-core side, the team has been working on general usability/stability of 12.1. We are also integrating a basic version of dashdrive into the system. Dashdrive is the storage mechanism that sentinel+dashd use to store information on the network. At this point it is in a basic state that allows for objects to be created and stored as they will in the future. However the current storage capacity is quite small presently. For now, we will only be storing governance system data, mirroring the system setup for budgets from 12.0.

After the release of 12.1, utilizing this new technology to build our budgets, we will begin adding additional required pieces of functionality to integrate the two sides of the project. This involves beginning to use dashdrive as it was intended, as a storage mechanism for user data. New functionalities such as creation of users, groups, accounts and the ability to pay-to-url will be next on the development roadmap.

12.1 is also going to be something of a “pre-alpha” for Evolution. This means it will be able to store some of the basic data structures required for a user to register their Evolution account and be able to use it in basic ways. Many of the more advanced functionalities will first be exposed via CLI, allowing more experienced users access into the system before we implement the features into the evo-client.

Testing is currently progressing for 12.1, and we are presently working on getting superblocks to be created and accepted on the network. This introduces a lot of new code and needs some work before community-wide public testing would be beneficial. The current one is a process of debugging thousands of new lines of code, and making sure most of the work flows are tested and function on a basic level without critical errors. We should expect to shift to public testing of version 12.1 within the next two weeks.

Thanks!

eduffield, Today at 6:10 PM  

Fantastic news, specially about :

and

We should expect to shift to public testing of version 12.1 within the next two weeks.

Atleast some good news incoming Wink

It's carnage out there! Dash and ETC the only green in a sea of red...  Cool

Walter
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 10:56:50 PM

Mt Finex

they've confirmed the amount

holy shit

"I can confirm that the loss from the hack stands at 119,756btc."

~$63 million

rekt

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Walter_S

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 10:57:46 PM

Wow... BTC down to $500 and DASH getting hoovered up like there's no tomorrow. Popcorn supplies are running low....
Walter_S

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 11:01:07 PM

I'm impressed at how well Dash is maintaining it's $10 peg. Happy days  Tongue Grin
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 11:08:35 PM

What I cannot understand is how hackers can get a hold of a multisig wallet and crack it?  How do they do that? 

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Walter_S

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 11:13:34 PM

As John McAfee said during D10E - keyloggers are the achillies heel of current Crypto security. I'd put money on it being something along those lines...
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 11:27:50 PM

What I cannot understand is how hackers can get a hold of a multisig wallet and crack it?  How do they do that?  

It doesn not explain exactly how they cracked it but its telling : https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4vtuxo/bitfinex_security_breach_trading_will_be_halted/

question rises : which other exchanges rely solely on Bitgo to secure their holdings ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 11:28:26 PM

I like the way the trezor jumbles up the keypad so that you can't tell what numbers are being hit by where the screen is being clicked on.  It would seem to me that this would be easy to implement in a wallet?  I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 11:29:01 PM

As John McAfee said during D10E - keyloggers are the achillies heel of current Crypto security. I'd put money on it being something along those lines...

&/or an insider, they used to boast about front running orders there ffs

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 11:32:00 PM

I'm impressed at how well Dash is maintaining it's $10 peg. Happy days  Tongue Grin

yeah, seeing Dash reach 0.0193300 is impressive

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Walter_S

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 11:41:35 PM

True, good point. Getting close enough to the keys either virtually or in the physical world isn't going to be easy. An inside job would at least explain how somebody could get into a position where they can compromise the system.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 12:01:14 AM

And now, may I present the rebound.

And why all this doesn't help Dash or anyone.

moocowmoo

Activity: 263

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 12:05:25 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 12:37:37 AM by moocowmoo

True, good point. Getting close enough to the keys either virtually or in the physical world isn't going to be easy. An inside job would at least explain how somebody could get into a position where they can compromise the system.

I'm just guessing here, but best I can gather about the BitFinex attack:

- The multisig they used is 2 out of 3 -- one key in cold storage, one key in bitfinex exchange, one key in bitgo via api.
- The attacker apparently forged withdrawal requests through bitfinex, which were signed by bitgo automatically (as an authenticated request.)
- Supposedly there were limits in place on the bitgo side, but they either didn't work or were bypassed.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 01:19:48 AM

And now, may I present the rebound.

And why all this doesn't help Dash or anyone.

Looks like it may have helped the hacker to the tune of approx $60MM plus, my condolences though to anyone who still trusted BFX after their recent freezing of trading issues, not to mention their delisting DASH after which I never used them again, thank goodness.

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 01:24:48 AM

im hodling DASH and its PoS clone EXCL on Bittrex  Smiley)))))

yolo
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 01:40:05 AM

well, all this excitement did bring up our volume again to the tune of 1.2 million traded in last 24 hours, LOL.  Now if we could make that the norm, it would be great!

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 02:25:04 AM

https://twitter.com/twobitidiot/status/760653956309745664

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 02:28:15 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 02:48:09 AM by Otoh

well, all this excitement did bring up our volume again to the tune of 1.2 million traded in last 24 hours, LOL.  Now if we could make that the norm, it would be great!

I expect those were nearly the exact same words as the hookers and blow dealers from where ever the BFX hackers take their R&R tonight

Pages: « 1 ... 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 5944 5945 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 5951 5952 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 [5967] 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: