Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:12:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 [6008] 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 04:17:47 PM

DASH rejected by Apple, prepare your SELL positions, be ready for the 0.01

The Apple banhammer is just an indication of the start of Dash's problems with LEA.  The crackdown has begun.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/50t0jf/roger_ver_the_discontinuation_of_shared_send_at/

Roger Ver: "The discontinuation of Shared Send at Blockchain.info was due to threats of violence made by strangers in government."

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

So much for centralized, single point of failure Coinjoin-type mixers, such as money laundering Masternodes.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
DaveJones

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:21:59 PM

hi dashers, you can participate here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1604149

Dash : how Sybil Attack-Resistant is Dash ?

I think we proved it's not Sybil attack resistant. Far from it.

Even if you had 8,000 HoneyPotNodes all individually owned. The fact that you have a handful of node hosting service providers that host them all is a big hole in this Sybil attack resistant claim.

If I set-up a hosting service next week and charged $1/month for hosting, everyone would jump on it and I'd be able to bitch slap the network in a month or two.

Then you have a small group that can vote through anything they want on the taxed miners rewards.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But the truth does hurt sometimes.

Hey....these are important and productive discussions.  If this is truly the case...then there is always work to be done.  As I'm not a developer but long term investor, I'm encouraged to see these topics brought up.  No need to appologize.  No one has ever claimed that this a fully completed project.

See, now that is more constructive.

The trouble with having people making exaggerated claims is that nobs believe it and it's basically false claims which gives everyone a bad name.

The moral to this story is simple. Rather than spouting wild claims about network security which are far from accurate, just buy Monero.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:36:36 PM

What is troll's motivation ?

FYI

Internet Trolls Are Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Sadists
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

They conducted two online studies with over 1,200 people, giving personality tests to each subject along with a survey about their Internet commenting behavior. They were looking for evidence that linked trolling with the "Dark Tetrad" of personality traits: narcissism, Machiavellianism, psychopathy, and sadism.

These people enjoys trolling here (a lot), because they are mentally disturbed.

Icetroller, as an example, is a proud fascist (he enjoys posting fascists images in his avatar). Trolling all day here (for years) and a proud fascist. You can imagine the rest of the profile by yourself  Embarrassed .
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:47:51 PM

I'm amazed how orchestrated they are. Professional trolls trying to push people into the honeypot-monero.
I can see the real crackdown on Dark Markets in the near future thanks to monero-honeypot help and those paid shills who constantly trying to talk shit about Dash in order to remain relevant. So much for their superiority.

Back to polo  Kiss

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:22:54 PM

Sweet mercy of Satoshi, this DASH thread is polluted with trolls.

I would have thought Ric and the boyz would have left DASH alone now they have finally found success but it appears not.

I've been thinking along the same lines. One of the trolls is claiming to have doubled his money on DASH, but still rails against it. Why would anybody devote such a large amount of time trolling a thread unless there is a powerful motivation? The only conclusion I can come to is that these folks lost money by buying high and selling low, or that they are paid trolls. Nothing else explains the level of commitment they've made to trolling.

They are motivated by something.

Trolls are hero, legendry level.
Many lost money in trading coins.. but they don't become trolls.
By launching mining error super reward to first day miners.( it is real)

Xmr win dash by market cap.
And market is favourite to xmr than dash.  What is the problem to the trolls?

Because they didn't get  super reward, do they become trolls?
Or paid by some team ?

Maybe it's just their short positions. Now is the perfect time for them to help the marketmaker with their FUD because it's unclear if there will be a usual full retrace or another move up on the market. I can see that someone is slowly pushing the price down with moving sell walls but doesn't let it crash too fast at the same time forming a near 45 degree steep slope.

But maybe I'm wrong and they're just paid Monero staff. But by no means are they expressing their own thoughts and opinions. It is too dumb, too demagogic, too illogical and too persistent. It can only fool people who are new to crypto, not only to Dash. And possibly targeted right at them.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:26:12 PM

hi dashers, you can participate here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1604149

Dash : how Sybil Attack-Resistant is Dash ?

I think we proved it's not Sybil attack resistant. Far from it.

Even if you had 8,000 HoneyPotNodes all individually owned. The fact that you have a handful of node hosting service providers that host them all is a big hole in this Sybil attack resistant claim.

If I set-up a hosting service next week and charged $1/month for hosting, everyone would jump on it and I'd be able to bitch slap the network in a month or two.

Then you have a small group that can vote through anything they want on the taxed miners rewards.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But the truth does hurt sometimes.

Hey....these are important and productive discussions.  If this is truly the case...then there is always work to be done.  As I'm not a developer but long term investor, I'm encouraged to see these topics brought up.  No need to appologize.  No one has ever claimed that this a fully completed project.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1604149.msg16125400#msg16125400

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
DaveJones

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:30:43 PM

I would have thought Ric and the boyz would have left DASH alone now they have finally found success but it appears not.

I've been thinking along the same lines. One of the trolls is claiming to have doubled his money on DASH, but still rails against it. Why would anybody devote such a large amount of time trolling a thread unless there is a powerful motivation? The only conclusion I can come to is that these folks lost money by buying high and selling low, or that they are paid trolls. Nothing else explains the level of commitment they've made to trolling.

And market is favourite to xmr than dash.  What is the problem to the trolls?

Or paid by some team ?

Maybe it's just their short positions. Now is the perfect time for them to help the marketmaker with their FUD because it's unclear if there will be a usual full retrace or another move up on the market. I can see that someone is slowly pushing the price down with moving sell walls but doesn't let it crash too fast at the same time forming a near 45 degree steep slope.

But maybe I'm wrong and they're just paid Monero staff. But by no means are they expressing their own thoughts and opinions. It is too dumb, too demagogic, too illogical and too persistent. It can only fool people who are new to crypto, not only to Dash. And possibly targeted right at them.

That's a challenge.

How many Masternodes are hosted with service providers like Node40, and how many of these service providers are there?

You see, running a Masternode is about profit. If I offer a hosting service which is half the price or less of other hosting solutions, profit hunting Masternode operators will just jump on my service.

Instead of costing $millions to buy up all the shit Dash coins to pawn the network, I can run a few cheap servers for a few months and have the Masternode network coming to me. Less than $5k would do it. Short Dash and the network is fucked while I sail off into the sunset.

Trolling to you, but we're just pointing out how flawed the so-called anonimity is around these parts.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:40:47 PM

Or paid by some team ?

That's a challenge.

How many Masternodes are hosted with service providers like Node40, and how many of these service providers are there?

You see, running a Masternode is about profit. If I offer a hosting service which is half the price or less of other hosting solutions, profit hunting Masternode operators will just jump on my service.

Instead of costing $millions to buy up all the shit Dash coins to pawn the network, I can run a few cheap servers for a few months and have the Masternode network coming to me. Less than $5k would do it. Short Dash and the network is fucked while I sail off into the sunset.

Trolling to you, but we're just pointing out how flawed the so-called anonimity is around these parts.

Please tell me how the network is fucked when they can all move to another VPS provider and set their masternode up and running again in a few hours ? Its not like there is actual Dash stored on those
VPS servers of yours, thats all in control of the masternode owners themself through cold wallets. Besides most masternode owners prefer quality and service (automatic restart of nodes) over cheap
unknown servers anytime, i know i do which is why i'm still at my current VPS provider.  

Also there are a lot more VPS providers these days, the "a few centralized VPS providers" argument is getting old by now.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
DaveJones

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:46:42 PM

Or paid by some team ?

That's a challenge.

Please tell me how the network is fucked when they can all move to another VPS providers and set their masternode up and running again in a few hours ? Its not like there is actual Dash stored on those
VPS servers of yours, thats all in control of the masternode owners themself. Besides most masternode owners prefer quality and service over cheap unknown servers anytime, i know i do which is why i'm still at my current VPS provider.  

So let's say you're happy to make less profit. But you know others won't care as much. Remember, it's all about the ROI people keep promoting around here.

lol.

The majority of nodes would end up being under my control.

The funds might be elsewhere, all nice and safe in cold storage, but the network would be routing communications through my servers. Yeah, you'd be fucked.

Maybe I'll set-up several different services. A nice logo. Flashy website. So it costs me $10k for three months. You're still fucked.  
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 05:54:59 PM

So let's say you're happy to make less profit. But you know others won't care as much.

lol.

The funds might be elsewhere, all nice an safe in cold storage, but the network would be routing communications through my servers. Yeah, you'd be fucked.

Maybe I'll set-up several different services. A nice logo. Flashy website. So it costs me $10k for three months. You're still fucked.  

Actually, i think there is only a small minority that would be interested in lower costs for VPS provider, specially now Dash has risen in price so much.
Why pass on quality, services, anti dddos deployment for a few bugs ? Just think about it :

MN payments per 5 or 6 days : 2 Dash

1 Dash is currently $11,50

So it cost him halve a Dash (maybe even less in the future, when the price of Dash rise again) and he will be set for the rest of the month.
No, i think most will just stay where they are right now ...  

DaveJones

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:01:02 PM

So let's say you're happy to make less profit. But you know others won't care as much.

lol.

The funds might be elsewhere, all nice an safe in cold storage, but the network would be routing communications through my servers. Yeah, you'd be fucked.

Actually, i think there is only a small minority that would be interested in lower costs for VPS provider, specially now Dash has risen in price so much.
Why pass on quality, services, anti dddos measurements for a few bugs ? Just think about it :

So it cost him halve a Dash (maybe even less in the future, when the price of Dash rise again) and he will be set for the rest of the month.

So we are agreed.

This is a network security flaw.

I knew you would eventually wake up from your Dash delusion.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:03:41 PM

lol.

Why pass on quality, services, anti dddos measurements for a few bugs ? Just think about it :

So we are agreed.

This is a network security flaw.

I knew you would eventually wake up from your Dash delusion.

yep, appearently we agree with current high price of Dash the masternode owners do not have much incentivize to look around for cheaper, unknown VPS providers lacking
quality, services and reputation.

Besides, the masternode quorums that are part of Dash relay-system are selected at random .. the network will not be effected by the situation you describe.

thanks.

aleix
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:09:58 PM

Or paid by some team ?

That's a challenge.

Please tell me how the network is fucked when they can all move to another VPS providers and set their masternode up and running again in a few hours ? Its not like there is actual Dash stored on those
VPS servers of yours, thats all in control of the masternode owners themself. Besides most masternode owners prefer quality and service over cheap unknown servers anytime, i know i do which is why i'm still at my current VPS provider.  

So let's say you're happy to make less profit. But you know others won't care as much. Remember, it's all about the ROI people keep promoting around here.

lol.

The funds might be elsewhere, all nice and safe in cold storage, but the network would be routing communications through my servers. Yeah, you'd be fucked.

This are valid concerns and are addressed in topic and politely. Thank you.

Just for your information let me show some stats:

http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Masternodes_Map.html
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/masternodes.dws

And please review the point 3.5 of Dash whitepaper "Security Considerations":
https://www.dash.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Dash-WhitepaperV1.pdf

And about you controlling all the nodes.... please try Wink .

DaveJones

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:24:40 PM

___

You guys are just empty shells.

I read the security considerations section. It talks about security based on buying up coins.

You obviously don't get my point. I don't need to buy a single coin to own the network. I just need to offer a hosting service and people will come to me to set-up their nodes. Existing and new Masternodes will come to me.

I can control the network without needing to own one single Duff.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:36:09 PM

oh darn, we were all doing so well in this discussion and then he calls us empty shells  Sad

JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:44:31 PM

This whole vps attack vector discussion is silly becuase those pushing it are purposely not considering all a masternode owner's financial incentives.

Rather than worrying about improving their ROI 1%~2% by switching to a sketchy, prices-too-low-to-be-true hosting service -- masternode owners are primarily concerned with protecting the DASH price.  If a bunch of owners change hosting services and the price drops due to an snooping attack, then they are going to lose much more money than they gained from the initial switch.  In other words, this attack is completely unrealistic.

That is the beauty of the current system, if masternode owners simplify conform to the most obvious financial incentives DASH remains secure. At current prices they have at least $11,500 reasons to comply.
aleix
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:46:21 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 07:14:48 PM by aleix

___

You guys are just empty shells.

I read the security considerations section. It talks about security based on buying up coins.

You obviously don't get my point. I don't need to buy a single coin to own the network. I just need to offer a hosting service and people will come to me to set-up their nodes. Existing and new Masternodes will come to me.

I understand your point (it is not necessary to be rude).

Now we have different "masternode hosting providers":

Masternodecloud.com
node40.com
masternode.me
Splawik`s SuperShares & Hosting Service
masternodehosting.com
etc.

But most of us (I know a lot of people of our community, sooner or later you all come to Barcelona) host manually the nodes in different countries with different providers or using our own servers.

As I said, you want to control the network? You want to offer a service and get the control of all nodes? Theoretically you can. Good luck.

Riseman

Activity: 690

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:46:38 PM

Or paid by some team ?

That's a challenge.

That's an example of flawed logic or fact manipulation.

First, what prevents someone from firing up the same 5000 cheap servers with some other coin nodes on them? As far as I know, that coin has much less nodes than Dash and no collateral required, so it is even easier to fuck up the consensus on its network.

Second, I'd disagree that running a MN is all about rewards. It is as much about profit as just buying coins. The reason is that it is a HUGE risk because of volatility unless you are a skilled trader or an insider. Most profits are made because of price growth, not rewards. MN payments are just a small bonus for your gains/losses, depending on your entry point.

This means that MN owners are either willing to support the network or just want to put their holdings to some use while waiting for their x2/x3 on annual Dash swings. So they don't have any reason to use some shady service for a few bucks profit. Especially if they know that what harms the network will eventually affect the price and consider this when choosing their hosting provider.

So masternode rewards are a good thing for network security, not a flaw Smiley
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:11:32 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 07:22:05 PM by splawik21

I don`t know if you`re some kind of troll or not at least we have a nice discussion here.... but need to say that you are partly right.
You are right that not having the coins could give you the power on voting IF and only IF you would be in the possesion of maggiore part of the masternode privkeys which would give you the power on voting BUT offering a cheapest hosting service would not move the customers your way.
There are already a couple of services --> https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1867885 but many many people setup their own servers and do not use any service provider, the prices of these services are different as well but believe me or not not many people leave the more expensive service and go toward cheaper so your example of flaw is not an option here.
edit: I do agree with you guys Riseman, aleix, JGCMiner & qwizzie Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:29:18 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 08:08:05 PM by coins101

...You are right...

I know.

It's just hard for the Dash guys around here to accept there is simple security flaw. It just took few posts to expose it.

The main defense is 'we wouldn't host our services with just anyone that could harm us.'  You already have. LOL. 'You created a system of 4,000 nodes that route through a handful of service providers that you need to trust.'

So what are we going to do about this issue?  This is how things get stronger. Find an issue > then fix it.

edit

Is there a chart of how many nodes are hosted on different VPSs? Chaeplin used to produce a chart.

http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html

Pages: « 1 ... 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 [6008] 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: