Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:28:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 6921 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 [6964] 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 7008 7009 7010 7011 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 09:58:08 AM

Its defi's time.  Dash and possibly all those others will be out of the top 100 by end of the year

Lets be generous and remove "De-Fi" then:

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
podpod

Activity: 442
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 11:28:30 AM

Its defi's time.  Dash and possibly all those others will be out of the top 100 by end of the year

Lets be generous and remove "De-Fi" then:

Ok, lets change it to store of value

You dont need 100 coins for store of value  Wink

And you use case as well
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 09:26:03 PM

Can anyone confirm if this is the official Dash Electrum wallet app in Google play? Thanks.

Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dash.electrum.electrum_dash

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
MusaMohamed

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 06:41:30 AM

Can anyone confirm if this is the official Dash Electrum wallet app in Google play? Thanks.

Code:
I guess it is not.

From the website https://www.dash.org/downloads/
I get links to wallet for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hashengineering.darkcoin.wallet

It can be a faked app.

Dash Electrum wallet is for Windows, macOS and Linux. On the website I don't see Dash Electrum for Android.

I searched in Google Play and I guess the wallet I found is what you mean: 0 reviews, and it is from 42 Cofee cups. A real wallet should come from Dash Core Group Inc.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 09:10:31 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2021, 10:20:41 AM by aleix
Merited by Rikafip (1)

Code:

I agree with @MusaMohamed, this looks fake. Check the wallets from: https://www.dash.org/downloads

The DASH team is checking about this app as we speak. Thanks for the info!  

I checked with the DASH team.  The app is good. No worries.   Smiley

I searched in Google Play and I guess the wallet I found is what you mean: 0 reviews, and it is from 42 Cofee cups. A real wallet should come from Dash Core Group Inc.

The app is from an external developer, funded by the DASH decentralized budget:

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DashElectrumJan2021

They will improve in the image of the app announcement to avoid further confusion.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2021, 12:44:39 PM

So how long until Dash votes for a new reward allocation that favours mining?

By end of Feb? By end of this year? Never ever ever ?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 04:34:50 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2021, 08:48:54 PM by toknormal

Here's my best take on it.

We can either decide it's not important or decide to do nothing, but we can't pretend it's not there. We're talking about more than half the emission (after Spork 21) so it seems more than a side-issue to me.

(IMO what we should do is target a medium term reference price for mining/masternode profitability parity - say $800 as described in these tables. That would signal to markets a reference point for valuation and give us an investible margin either side for a speculative range.

It would also serve as a kind of rolling peg since Dash has positioned itself as a payments medium so some form of valuation "anchor" would be consistent with that role.

We've already seen that the reward ratio is semi-dynamic at long term periods. It just needs a vote. If the valuation becomes stable again at the higher level and transaction count warants a higher liquidity then the reward ratio set by the protocol could then be reset to a higher value - i.e. target mining/MN profitability parity at a new higher price. It wouldn't prevent speculative investment, it just gives the market a much stronger signal as to investment viability than it has at the moment.

This would turn a weakness....into a strength IMO).

(By this measure, our "parity peg" is currently set at something like sub $50
).

aleix
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 06:23:50 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2021, 09:15:39 PM by aleix

Today at 4pm EST/9pm UTC, Dash dev Samuel Westrich aka QuantumExplorer comes on the Dash podcast! Watch live and join the live crypto superchat!

https://youtu.be/ns4g7TbQSOU

afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2021, 10:53:29 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2021, 10:29:05 PM by afbitcoins

Here's my best take on it.

We can either decide it's not important or decide to do nothing, but we can't pretend it's not there. We're talking about more than half the emission (after Spork 21) so it seems more than a side-issue to me.

(IMO what we should do is target a medium term reference price for mining/masternode profitability parity - say $800 as described in these tables. That would signal to markets a reference point for valuation and give us an investible margin either side for a speculative range.

It would also serve as a kind of rolling peg since Dash has positioned itself as a payments medium so some form of valuation "anchor" would be consistent with that role.

We've already seen that the reward ratio is semi-dynamic at long term periods. It just needs a vote. If the valuation becomes stable again at the higher level and transaction count warants a higher liquidity then the reward ratio set by the protocol could then be reset to a higher value - i.e. target mining/MN profitability parity at a new higher price. It wouldn't prevent speculative investment, it just gives the market a much stronger signal as to investment viability than it has at the moment.

This would turn a weakness....into a strength IMO).

(By this measure, our "parity peg" is currently set at something like sub $50
).

*snipped images*

Agreed, its definitely not a side issue. For me this is THE most important issue for dash and dash has it all wrong.

Do you know how scalable is your sweet spot at dash prices many times higher than your tables ?

You say we could turn a weakness into a strength by voting. So far in Dash history this has not happened. You have more faith than me in masternode vote. What I would like to see is a sweet spot that scales to any price. Set the reward allocation to it and then make it taboo to ever alter it again, just as the total amount to ever exist should not be altered (although in dash even that already did happen in the early days!).

If there is no static 'sweet spot' that scales to any price then I'd like to see the protocol adjust it automatically. Like the way mining difficulty is adjusted automatically, not by voting. I don't know how that could be achieved though. What I'm getting at is I do not trust masternode owners to make the right decisions I think there should be things out of the scope of masternode vote. Tampering with protocol to please masternode owners hurts store of value in other ways.

Part of why bitcoin is so good as store of value is its so hard to alter the protocol. Just look how hard it was to increase the block size or implement segwit. From a store of value point of view this is what you want. You don't want to invest in something and then the rug gets pulled out from under your feet by a bunch of developers or a bunch of masternode owners. You want to have confidence that what you are investing in will remain what you think it is.

Dash at that time voted to increase the block size to 2M even though it wasn't needed at all (I think i was almost the only person to vote against that btw). As a way to try and show superior governance. Maybe that has had the opposite effect in a sense. Neither bitcoin cash, or dash have eclipsed bitcoin in store of value since that block size fight. Part of the appeal of bitcoin in the first place is that you don't have a central banker tampering with the way it is minted or increasing the supply. Maybe what we think of as superior governance in dash is actually not? Dash don't have central bankers but has masternode owners which amounts to more or less the same thing. Nothing out of reach for them to fuck with.

* edit: small correction, where I said block reward I meant block size
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 11:33:40 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2021, 11:47:11 AM by toknormal

You say we could turn a weakness into a strength by voting....What I would like to see is a sweet spot that scales to any price...If there is no static 'sweet spot' that scales to any price then I'd like to see the protocol adjust it automatically.

I thought about this as well. I didn't post my idea because I thought it was just too big a leap for people's imagination and might blow fuses so I just proposed the 2-yearly (as an example) hard coded protocol revision as a starting point.

However, since you brought it up, I'll now complete the picture I had. This is a definite problem (the fact that masternode operating costs are fixed but their non-performing profitability rises with price). It's part of our "baggage" and we need to solve it but I also think that Dash is uniquely placed to solve it beautifully with the masternode network.

For example, the masternode network is capable of generating realtime consensus over observed metrics using quorums etc. It can have an awareness of Dash price (and even mining profitability although this would not be necessary if a nominally competitive value for profitability was arbitrated on such as, say 10%). This could be used very occasionally (say every 3 to 6 months or if there is a very big revaluation that persists) to dynamically revise the reward ratio to keep masternode margins competitive and not have this capital "leakage" in transmission from secondary to primary markets if price rises. The algos are probably easier to implement than the mining difficulty ones. You just take the price and have a straight mapping from price to reward ratio using some moving average so we don't get instability and over-correction. We have 5 years of volatile history to use as test data so it can be made very reliable.

Again, masternodes would not lose out from this. They would GAIN from it because the objective is to maximise capitalisation of their collateral WHILE allowing them to profit from running a node. So their dollar-value profits would not be affected and would still grow as price grows (just as happens with miners). We would just be ensuring that we are more competitive than everyone else. High mining quota AND far more versatile in use.

The ultimate result is to keep Dash investible by "preserving" investor's capital.
Alexey45

Activity: 204
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 03:24:27 AM

I wanted to shit on this post on this Firo coin. What about DASH?
I threw off half for $ 150, I know that I can't wait for profit from you. You are rotten!
Transferred to XRP coin. Somehow to recoup the losses from investments in fucking damn DASH

LOL, you are a joke.  Keep buying XRP fool!  Sell the rest of your DASH NOW!
I went to TRX, XRP sold everything and increased the amount of DASH by 40%.
And who is the fool now?  Grin Grin Grin

Now I look at TRX again, it looks very good for purchase, I think to go.
Stable stablecoin DASH. 42nd place.
Since I initially invested in DASH, I will increase the number of these coins.
Dahaa

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 08:03:03 AM

The best coin sets a new record every week! Congratulations on the 42nd place.
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 10:19:54 AM

The best coin sets a new record every week! Congratulations on the 42nd place.
That is quick, but is that not the wrong way?

aleix
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 01:26:09 PM

Andy Freer (former Dash CTO) shared some interesting thoughts on Dash Discord today. Here's a summary.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/l96td1/andy_freer_former_dash_cto_shared_some/
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2021, 10:34:39 PM

Sad to see dash like this, falling down ranking. No buzz.

Buy silver
jdmcg

Activity: 263
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 12:12:00 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2021, 12:32:45 AM by jdmcg

Buy silver

Yikes... of course this is just my opinion but don't buy precious metals. A great transfer of wealth is occurring right before everyone's eyes. If this year is anything like 2017 (and 2013) then even the most useless cryptos will increase somewhere between 20x and 100+x by the end of this year (before the bubble pops).

Heck, DASH did better than 2x in 2020, even when deep in a bear market...

PS: DASH has seemed to quietly broken thru resistance that it had been testing since Jan 8 (descending wedge). At this point I would either expect it to fall back down (0.0029 BTC or less) or make a good run at the 50 day SMA at about 0.0035 BTC.
Nthelight

Activity: 112
Merit: 73

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 03:03:26 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2021, 12:43:58 PM by mprep

The entire history of github commit activity for Dash Platform visualized here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xmy_teLLqo

Some informal feedback from DCG devs on the topic of 'trustless MN shares':

Trustless MN shares are technically possible since July 2020 through multi-signature, however:
  • the payout can't be done trustlessly, funds have to go to a trusted operator or possibly via round robin of multiple operators
  • no-one can bail out for a defined time due to timelocked refund TXs

Trustless MN shares in core protocol:
  • udjinm6 (core lead dev) says trustless mn shares would be beneficial by allowing smaller investors to participate, but it's a complicated topic and would take quite some time to implement.
  • pasta (core dev) says implementing trustless mn shares is not high priority, currently 230 PRs marked for v17, maintenance, backports, new features supporting platform, in addition to regular core activities.
  • codablock (core dev) says he's considered doing his own proposal to implement mn shares trustlessly in dash core by introducing a new collateral type, but is not available atm.
  • quantumexplorer (core/mobile dev) says he wrote a DIP on protocol level trustless MN shares 2 years ago that was 90% complete (unpublished) which would allow people to use their core wallet to register their share, says it's an advanced topic and none of the devs are available for this.

It will likely find it's way into the official roadmap when Dash Platform is released.

https://github.com/dashpay/dash/releases/tag/v0.17.0.0-rc3

https://blog.dashincubator.app/2021/01/27/oracles-unlock-new-dash-possibilities.html

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2021, 09:40:24 PM

Buy silver

Yikes... of course this is just my opinion but don't buy precious metals. A great transfer of wealth is occurring right before everyone's eyes. If this year is anything like 2017 (and 2013) then even the most useless cryptos will increase somewhere between 20x and 100+x by the end of this year (before the bubble pops).

Heck, DASH did better than 2x in 2020, even when deep in a bear market...

PS: DASH has seemed to quietly broken thru resistance that it had been testing since Jan 8 (descending wedge). At this point I would either expect it to fall back down (0.0029 BTC or less) or make a good run at the 50 day SMA at about 0.0035 BTC.

I think a lot have forgotten about Dash being one of the top 20 cryptocurrencies for a long time and in recent times it has been falling down the ranks but I think Dash will have its day once again. Right now I'm happy with where Dash is at the moment as I do expect it won't last much longer.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 11:21:33 PM

I think a lot have forgotten about Dash being one of the top 20 cryptocurrencies for a long time and in recent times it has been falling down the ranks but I think Dash will have its day once again

It sure is lot easier to get ranking by simply adding mining rather than features.

Tungi17

Activity: 319
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 12:53:56 AM

Ensuring Regulatory Fairness and Treatment Towards Dash presented by Ryan Taylor, Dash Core Group CEO.
Dash Core Group is happy to provide more information to regulators, compliance officers, money services and businesses. Please contact: support@dash.org
https://youtu.be/4Zeup7X-Ki4

Pages: « 1 ... 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 6921 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 [6964] 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 7008 7009 7010 7011 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: