Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:45:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6872 6873 6874 6875 6876 6877 6878 6879 6880 6881 6882 6883 6884 6885 6886 6887 6888 6889 6890 6891 6892 6893 6894 6895 6896 6897 6898 6899 6900 6901 6902 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 6921 [6922] 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
jdmcg

Activity: 263
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 12:56:50 AM

BTC's halvening in 2016 was in July and for this year it was in May, 2 months earlier.

Ah, so October 2020 is the new December 2017 ? That's when we dump everything to Kingdom Come and run for the hills ? (Only for the $USD to then crash & burn as that's also when hyper-inflation might be getting started). Things might get complicated.

I guess don't keep all your eggs in one basket. Depending on how things go, this cycle might be different and become a mega bull run (2022, 2023) if mass adoption of cryptos kicks in as people try to escape the fiat collapse. But don't unnecessarily count on it. Hedge your new wealth in other assets if and as you can.

I expect governments (as well as some international organizations) to begin issuing their own crypto currencies possibly followed by a renewed effort to ban non-government issued cryptos. 

No one knows for sure if BTC and other cryptos can maintain their store of value over the long term or if they will merely be used as a vehicle to preserve/gain wealth before a new economic system is established.

There will likely be alts with 7-10x gains in a matter of days come January if not a bit earlier.

As I remember, most of the alts reached their peaks inside the BTC/USD bubble. OMG, PPT, BAY, even NxT. But they were spiking through out the year also - BTS went berserk around October I think. Dash was months before.

Yes, they did, but I specifically remember DASH, LTC and ETH doing their first 7x-10x pumps from Feb-Apr 2017.

Trusted services have a place I suppose, but many get into crypto to have more freedom with their money. Plus I imagine most trusted services essentially don't vote.

I think the benefits of trustless shared masternodes would outweigh the downside.

Possible solution:

In the DashPay wallet, it could be presented as a savings account where you have to lock up your DASH for a term based on the masternode payment schedule. You could lock it up for 1 or more payments and once those are complete you'd get your initial locked amount back.

All DASH locked in the savings account would be pooled together, allowing for individual terms to end at the same time as taking down the least amount of masternodes due to the reduction of pooled collateral. People who want to run masternodes but don't have the 1000 DASH, could subscribe to running one with a minimum of 200 DASH or so with the remaining 800 or so required counted from the savings pool of all locked DASH. Instead of getting the full ROI of a full masternode maybe you'd get a bit less based on the reality that there might be an excess amount of DASH (not divisible by 1000) in the pool or not enough people to run masternodes to cover the DASH in the pool. The people willing to host shared masternodes naturally should get a bigger reward than those who just lock their DASH in the savings account. Longer terms should get higher rewards too. On the voting side, anyone who locks their DASH during the entirety of a voting cycle, should be able to vote with their vote weighted based on the percentage out of 1000 DASH they've locked up.

I'm sure there are ways to improve this as I've done almost no brainstorming to come up with this. So, the nightmare you talk about shouldn't be so difficult to code.

A major upside to this set up would I think be decentralization, getting more people involved and invested. You might also get higher voter participation.

Now, what is the downside?

Good post, thanks.
    The approach that you expose, do you do it from a technical perspective? Is it technically feasible / affordable?
Because personally I do not agree with a fork to increase mining returns, imo, it is not important to improve the project (or not to the extent that Toknormal defends) ... but with expanding the universe of voters and beneficiaries, without a doubt.

That this right is currently executed by less than a million tokens on average in each vote of almost ten ... beyond being a shame and a robbery in the face of Common Funds, it is not representative of those who have been supporting DASH for years - and have been wiped off the map -.

If those who have raided the Common Treasury deny that right, exposed a thousand times in DASH starting with the founder himself, that advantage would deserve a fork.

I would appreciate an assessment on the viability of this change. Thank you.

I can't see why it wouldn't be technically feasible to implement something like I just laid out. The question is whether there's enough support for shared trustless masternodes from those that could do something about it.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see it as part of a future road map that DCG publishes after Dash Platform (DashPay) rolls out. I also wouldn't be surprised if it becomes something that gets proposed and debated for a later MNO vote.

I imagine there's as much support for trustless shared masternodes as there is opposition but I haven't seen any poll on it before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
birdonthewire

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 01:19:48 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2020, 01:37:50 AM by birdonthewire

I can't see why it wouldn't be technically feasible to implement something like I just laid out. The question is whether there's enough support for shared trustless masternodes from those that could do something about it.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see it as part of a future road map that DCG publishes after Dash Platform (DashPay) rolls out. I also wouldn't be surprised if it becomes something that gets proposed and debated for a later MNO vote.

I imagine there's as much support for trustless shared masternodes as there is opposition but I haven't seen any poll on it before.

The low-profile Mnodes of around a thousand who vote habitually have an absolutely necessary support in this, imo (a voting niche with the general interest as only and forced aspiration and without the ability to target their particular benefit - and less one-sided abuse -) to dilute possible unilateral decisions of large owners whose current silence does not imply a definitive one in the future. Taking full ownership of DASH is too palatable a dish, and admitting that risk despise any logic. Although the active network of Mnodes is to believe anything.

DASH IS THE VACCINE AGAINST THE NAKAMOTO´S CANNIBALISM* ( and its extractive virus, BTC ) 

*Parasitic growth system based on the transfer of wealth through speculative bubbles (the same old scam of the fiat global elite ...in a new format)

https://discord.com/channels/370148711088652288/660351836292775936/773522887616757770
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 08:41:08 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2020, 12:41:05 PM by toknormal

Yes, they did, but I specifically remember DASH, LTC and ETH doing their first 7x-10x pumps from Feb-Apr 2017.

That's cos Ryan did a tok in South America where he sed Dash woz gonna be the new moneh.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 10:06:24 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2020, 10:27:40 AM by qwizzie

Looks like Bitcoin price has done correcting and is going up again.

Bitcoin : $19,231
Monthly interval RSI : 73.82
Source RSI : https://imgur.com/C6ZUoW1

Dash   : $113
Monthly interval RSI : 50.13
Source RSI: https://imgur.com/MqNQdxk

A crypto asset is usually considered overbought when the RSI is above 70% and oversold when it is below 30%.
RSI can go rather high, during previous Bitcoin bull market it reached 95 and during previous Dash bull market it even reached 98.3
RSI can also stay relatively long in overbought condition.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
vivabux

Activity: 516
Merit: 250

MoonDeFi

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 03:33:56 PM

Dash is losing the last season of viola when its price has reached and exceeded $ 1000 that it does not show increase price xrp or stellar? , growth price of more than 150% per week ... expected increase marketcap

MOONDEFI

Powered by,
Nthelight

Activity: 112
Merit: 73

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 01:01:57 AM

Tungi17

Activity: 319
Merit: 29

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 01:07:55 AM

Bill Noble, Chief Technical Analyst was interviewed
KitcoNews

about which cryptocurrencies have the best investment potential for 2021.

Token Metrics uses machine learning to predict future prices. #DASH was mentioned several times.

https://youtu.be/48XCgTvUkcw

Tungi17

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 01:24:16 AM

Another Successful Dash Budget Cycle passed, 5311.95 Dash will be paid out across all voted in DAO projects in 2 days
(see u next month)

https://www.dashcentral.org/budget
https://app.dashnexus.org/proposals/active

What is Dash Governance:
https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/governance/

xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 07:36:25 AM

I bet those proposal owners are absolutely itching to sell.  Price down 20% from the top and headed lower after a tsunami of masternode selling, who's going to buy the dip?  Post here your targets, I am buying back from $65.
Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 12:42:15 PM

I bet those proposal owners are absolutely itching to sell.  Price down 20% from the top and headed lower after a tsunami of masternode selling, who's going to buy the dip?  Post here your targets, I am buying back from $65.

A lot of people are in Dash for the long run.

Daytraders will jump ship when price drops and climb back in when we move upwards again.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2020, 05:26:35 PM

That's cos Ryan did a tok in South America where he sed Dash woz gonna be the new moneh.

Nah its cos Roger Ver sed Dash was like how bitcoin woz supposed to be wif cheap transactions and stuff
TRilon

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 05:28:05 PM

Hello. I have not left posts here for a very long time, although I periodically review interesting threads. This is my small post - I decided to leave the dash project. I was an early investor, I don’t remember exactly, but that was at the turn of 2015, when I met and was inspired by the idea of ​​dash and its potential. But everything flows and everything changes, and we see how the coin slowly goes into the sunset, going down in the ranks of the rating lower and lower. Yes, I, like you, amused myself with hopes that new breakthrough technologies, masternodes, fast payments, a decentralized budget, successes in Venezuela and so on will again raise the dash and return to the top. But now it's already the end of 2020 (yes, a very unusual and difficult year), and we have what we have. I was disappointed, I sold everything for $ 115, I had time)). And right now, when the price has rolled back down strongly to the $ 85 area again, I do not want to buy a coin for a restart, I am tired of it. Dash, thank you for everything, for many years that we were together and I virilized in you, and you generously rewarded me back then, at the magical end of 2017)). But now we are parting, unfortunately. I wish you success, everyone who still has faith in the project. While.
birdonthewire

Activity: 274

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 05:56:36 PM

I bet those proposal owners are absolutely itching to sell.  Price down 20% from the top and headed lower after a tsunami of masternode selling, who's going to buy the dip?  Post here your targets, I am buying back from $65.

A lot of people are in Dash for the long run.

Daytraders will jump ship when price drops and climb back in when we move upwards again.

Daytraders are one of the most influential speculative agents on DASH.

By the way ... they load Mnodes one after another and expel any hint of real community - literally fucking the network effect so valuable in crypto -, price stabilization and adoption in the project, centralizing it and concentrating power, in a dynamic that feeds itself , no return.

You read them around here and they speak like authentic DASH Lancelots, claiming as the real defense of a project that they are destroying and turning into centralized garbage ... more with each pump & dump.

DASH IS THE VACCINE AGAINST THE NAKAMOTO´S CANNIBALISM* ( and its extractive virus, BTC ) 

*Parasitic growth system based on the transfer of wealth through speculative bubbles (the same old scam of the fiat global elite ...in a new format)

https://discord.com/channels/370148711088652288/660351836292775936/773522887616757770
robertrodriguez

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 06:32:41 PM

Hello. I have not left posts here for a very long time, although I periodically review interesting threads. This is my small post - I decided to leave the dash project. I was an early investor, I don’t remember exactly, but that was at the turn of 2015, when I met and was inspired by the idea of ​​dash and its potential. But everything flows and everything changes, and we see how the coin slowly goes into the sunset, going down in the ranks of the rating lower and lower. Yes, I, like you, amused myself with hopes that new breakthrough technologies, masternodes, fast payments, a decentralized budget, successes in Venezuela and so on will again raise the dash and return to the top. But now it's already the end of 2020 (yes, a very unusual and difficult year), and we have what we have. I was disappointed, I sold everything for $ 115, I had time)). And right now, when the price has rolled back down strongly to the $ 85 area again, I do not want to buy a coin for a restart, I am tired of it. Dash, thank you for everything, for many years that we were together and I virilized in you, and you generously rewarded me back then, at the magical end of 2017)). But now we are parting, unfortunately. I wish you success, everyone who still has faith in the project. While.

good for you! I wanted to sell mine at $117 but I said I will wait a few more days to sell at $120 and now its again 85. stupid me.  I will not make the same mistake, next time when it goes to over 110 i'm out of this wreckage
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 12:49:36 AM

Nah its cos Roger Ver sed Dash was like how bitcoin woz supposed to be wif cheap transactions and stuff

Nah it was cos Otoh liked DASH than ...
Nthelight

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 12:56:17 AM

https://www.dash.org/roadmap/
Nthelight

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 02:34:05 AM
Merited by WastedLTC (4)

Nah it was cos Otoh liked DASH than ...

In 2017 Dash rose from $20 to $150 (DASH/BTC 0.1+) when Bitcoin was having a discussion (understatement) on what the correct way forward was to scale Bitcoin. Proponents to raise the block size limit, as originally intended by Satoshi, clashed with those who did not want to raise the block size limit. All the details about the debate are well described on the Internet, for those who do not know and are interested.

Roger Ver (aka Bitcoin Jesus), a celebrity in the crypto world, was a proponent of raising the block size limit. He was probably disappointed with the direction Bitcoin was taking, which effectively changed the narrative from peer to peer cash to "something else", contrary to the white paper of Satoshi which literally states "P2P cash". Probably there was a significant group of Bitcoiners like him, who suddenly had doubts about Bitcoin's future. They were probably mostly looking for a hedge against Bitcoin.

Bitcoiners were and are aware of Dash, they just disregard it as if it does not exist or they just call it the big S word. While prominent Bitcoiners were (in)fighting, Dash swiftly raised its block size limit to 2 MB through its decentralized governance system, not because it was needed, but to make a point. That surely must have gotten some attention from Bitcoiners who were disappointed with what was happening with Bitcoin. Suddenly there was a bit of a spotlight on Dash.

Dash was rising from $20ish to $50ish and suddenly Roger Ver tweeted that he had bought Dash. Dash continued to pump to a new ATH, around $150, while Bitcoin's price was stagnating around $1000ish. Dash afterwards started to correct, but other crypto coins started pumping as well. Finally Bitcoin also started pumping and while Dash should have been correcting, it sort of had a pump on a pump in terms of USD price, reaching $1500ish.

At some point, Roger Ver announced the launch of Bitcoin Cash. Roger Ver still has Dash and according to him, he still runs masternodes, but he has not ever been active in our community as far as I know. It's quite understandable that he wanted his own project, where he had more control. Probably he also still wanted to exploit the brand name 'Bitcoin'. The correction on Dash's meteoric rise was inevitable, but the creation of Bitcoin Cash probably moved a lot of the recently invested money in Dash towards Bitcoin Cash. Dash does not have a celebrity, nor the Bitcoin name and is unfortunately inadequate in promoting itself, so it's understandable.

Aside from the launch of BCH, it had also become apparent that the release of Evolution was not around the corner. Combined with a lack of communication from the Core Dev team, Dash lost a significant amount of support. Dash had a 98%ish correction and a serious drop in the CMC rankings, despite its unmatched innovations in the crypto space.

Meanwhile Bitcoiners have settled for extra layer technology and SegWit as an answer to the scaling challenge. The narrative was changed to 'digital gold', 'store of value', 'settlement layer' and apparently that is good enough for Bitcoiners. Confidence was restored.

I do not believe Otoh was still around during Dash's megapump. If I remember correctly, he had already liquidated a large share of his holdings before the megapump. Otoh did indeed accumulate a staggering amount of Dash in 2015, which had corrected back to $1.5ish after its first pump in early 2014. He effectively defended the price and pushed it higher, but he did not initiate the 2017 pump, as far as I know. Whatever happened to Otoh and when exactly he left is not clear to me. Not that I really care, but maybe someone else has more insight into it.

It doesn't matter anymore. It's end of 2020. DCG devs are super productive. Dashpay wallet looks great and is already functional on evonet. I'm very excited to see the end result.
Tungi17

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 07:11:09 AM

Dash Cryptocurrency Penetrating Retail Markets To Promote Adoption With Real-Time Usage

https://elevenews.com/2020/11/26/dash-cryptocurrency-penetrating-retail-markets-to-promote-adoption-with-real-time-usage/
yog25

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2020, 07:14:29 AM

would love to get into dash at a lower entry point.
dafdaf

Activity: 121

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 09:09:25 AM

At some point, Roger Ver announced the launch of Bitcoin Cash.

Actually Ver is not the founder of Bitcoin Cash.

(I like your posts, BTW, especially this one.)
Pages: « 1 ... 6872 6873 6874 6875 6876 6877 6878 6879 6880 6881 6882 6883 6884 6885 6886 6887 6888 6889 6890 6891 6892 6893 6894 6895 6896 6897 6898 6899 6900 6901 6902 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 6918 6919 6920 6921 [6922] 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: