Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:55:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6868 6869 6870 6871 6872 6873 6874 6875 6876 6877 6878 6879 6880 6881 6882 6883 6884 6885 6886 6887 6888 6889 6890 6891 6892 6893 6894 6895 6896 6897 6898 6899 6900 6901 6902 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 [6918] 6919 6920 6921 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722528 times)
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2020, 03:43:30 PM

At this time Dash is leading the way in showing that masternode coins are not a winner.

At this time Bitcoin Cash is leading the way in showing that 100% mined coins can do even worse then masternode coins like Dash.

Source : messari.io

The difference is Dash is leading the way of masternode coins.
Bitcoin cash is not leading the way of 100% mined coins. Bitcoin is.

Bitcoin is not an Altcoin. Bitcoin Cash and Dash are. As are a lot of other coins.
We are talking about the performance between Altcoins.

And unless you have another Altcoin that can show us that 100% mined coins can do even worse then masternode coins like Dash,
Bitcoin Cash will do just fine as example. Bitcoin Cash is also a direct competitor to Dash, so that makes it even more interesting for comparison.

Note : due to today's price volatility, above picture is already outdated. Currently Bitcoin Cash is doing with regards to price performance a little bit better then Dash.
We will see in a few days, if that changes or not. These are volatile days for Altcoins.

Currently 1 Dash = $91.35 ($6 increase, volatile indeed)

Nice.. I see what you did there. Moving your goalposts  Roll Eyes  Kiss
Kavelj22
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1463

🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 04:40:59 PM

Dash is certainly not a scam but there are some users posting in this thread claiming that was a scam when it started out and some claim to some degree it has scam-attributes because of the voting power masternode operators have with regards to the direction Dash will go down because of them playing a role in the key decision making process. Dash is no scam.

Actually,i am not a Dash fan. But i find it somehow inaccurate to judge the value of a coin only by its price in the market. If you invested in Dash few years ago then you should now become a millionaire after the 2017 crypto boom when the price of Dash surpassed 1$. The opposite would apply if you bought Dash at that ATH price.

I don't think that Dash is a scam or a plan to scam anybody even i have other critics over it.

As it will go down caused by its centralised nature, any investment in Dash is so risky. And we don't hear about updates to adjust the masternode power controlled by few parts.
Not only in this thread, i read from many reputed members here that Dash isn't even a cryptocurrency and somehow it's a system established by banks to keep generating profits from the new technology.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 05:52:27 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2020, 06:12:40 PM by qwizzie

Dash is certainly not a scam but there are some users posting in this thread claiming that was a scam when it started out and some claim to some degree it has scam-attributes because of the voting power masternode operators have with regards to the direction Dash will go down because of them playing a role in the key decision making process. Dash is no scam.

Actually,i am not a Dash fan. But i find it somehow inaccurate to judge the value of a coin only by its price in the market. If you invested in Dash few years ago then you should now become a millionaire after the 2017 crypto boom when the price of Dash surpassed 1$. The opposite would apply if you bought Dash at that ATH price.

I don't think that Dash is a scam or a plan to scam anybody even i have other critics over it.

As it will go down caused by its centralised nature, any investment in Dash is so risky. And we don't hear about updates to adjust the masternode power controlled by few parts.
Not only in this thread, i read from many reputed members here that Dash isn't even a cryptocurrency and somehow it's a system established by banks to keep generating profits from the new technology.

You do realize what you are posting makes zero sense, right ? Not a cryptocurrency ?  Roll Eyes established by banks ?  Roll Eyes centralized ?  Roll Eyes
Has someone been brainwashing you ? Do you need help ? We are here for you, if you need help.
Maybe it is time for you to go back to school...

What Is a Blockchain? | DASH School #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7UwwcCKj4Y

How Does a Blockchain Work? | DASH School #2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS39N-mHrOs

How Can a Blockchain Be a Monetary System? | DASH School #3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyywtVNlfFs

How is Dash's Blockchain Funded & Governed? | DASH School #4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHsVU1LBuAY

How Does Dash Offer Instant & Private Payments? | DASH School #5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm7IYkgIOXc

How Can Digital Cash Become Accessible to All? | DASH School #6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFwXeFk6VO8

Gotta love that Amanda B Johnson for her teaching skills.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2020, 07:30:27 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2020, 07:40:38 PM by afbitcoins

At this time Dash is leading the way in showing that masternode coins are not a winner.

At this time Bitcoin Cash is leading the way in showing that 100% mined coins can do even worse then masternode coins like Dash.

Bitcoin is not an Altcoin. Bitcoin Cash and Dash are. As are a lot of other coins.

And unless you have another Altcoin that can show us that 100% mined coins can do even worse then masternode coins like Dash,
Bitcoin Cash will do just fine as example. Bitcoin Cash is also a direct competitor to Dash, so that makes it even more interesting for comparison.

Note : due to today's price volatility, above picture is already outdated. Currently Bitcoin Cash is doing with regards to price performance a little bit better then Dash.
We will see in a few days, if that changes or not. These are volatile days for Altcoins.

Heres bitcoin and some other altcoins that you forgot

As you can see bitcoin is only 6.53% down from its all time high. The leading 100% proof of work coin. The leading 100% proof of work 'alt' coin is currently litecoin (not counting etherium). It is down 77.2% from its all time high. All these other notable competitors are doing much better against their own all time highs than Dash which is the leading masternode coin.

You might also note the real volume for dash does not look so good either. Also the lowest out of these competitors

So I kind of stand by what I said here ...

There lies the difference. As far as my judgement goes dash overpays its service layer. The service layer is great. But just not worth almost 50% of the entire supply to pay for it. Most masternode owners are in utter denial of this. At this time Dash is leading the way in showing that masternode coins are not a winner. As far as I know there isnt yet a masternode coin which restrains the masternode reward. All succumb to the temptation of rewarding too much free coins to the masternodes.

Having almost half the supply airdropped to a group of wealthy owners is killing dash.
xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 07:41:18 PM

As you can see bitcoin is only 6.53% down from its all time high. The leading 100% proof of work coin. The leading 100% proof of work 'alt' coin is currently litecoin (not counting etherium). It is down 77.2% from its all time high. All these other notable competitors are doing much better against their own all time highs than Dash which is the leading masternode coin.

You must have me on block.  The reason for Litecoin's success, is it is part of Silbert's DCG and that allows for easy onboarding of big money, ETC is another.  The reason for ETH pumping is the DeFi craze creating an unnatural demand for the garbage.  Nothing to do with mining.  There are non-minable coins such as HEX that are doing better than DASH even.  For the last time, the pointless act of mining is NOT what gives a coin its value.
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2020, 07:50:10 PM

You must have me on block.  The reason for Litecoin's success, is it is part of Silbert's DCG and that allows for easy onboarding of big money, ETC is another.  The reason for ETH pumping is the DeFi craze creating an unnatural demand for the garbage.  Nothing to do with mining.  There are non-minable coins such as HEX that are doing better than DASH even.  For the last time, the pointless act of mining is NOT what gives a coin its value.

I don't block anyone. Although sometimes tempted in the case of qwizzie.

That might be a factor (DCG). I'm not saying this is the only factor but surely airdropping half the supply basically for free to the wealthy dash holders is important. IMO the most important! By far!! Dash has its own investment foundation, this is not being used properly. Dash should be massing shit tonnes of gold and other real store of value assets. I don't think it is.

I don't tend to compare with Eth of di-fi that is not monetary in the way bitcoin and dash are. Dash is slipping up. Dropped the ball on 'store of value'. Store of value is the most important monetary aspect. Fiat is dying. People will want store of value above all else especially in coming years.

About inflation curve Dash has slightly high inflation. This is not new. And IMO also not as important as 'airdrop half the supply'
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 07:56:12 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2020, 08:12:02 PM by qwizzie

This ANN thread is moving by so fast  Shocked
I forgot already what was posted in the previous page  Embarrassed

1 Dash = $91 (that i do remember)
I just hope certain people do not regret having sold most of their Dash at a very low Dash price. I think they call that seller's remorse  Undecided

On the other hand : to be able to buy, someone has to sell. I guess there is a balance in that, somewhere.
Where will the Dash price go ? Will it break into the $100 range coming days / weeks ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 08:18:33 PM

For the last time, the pointless act of mining is NOT what gives a coin its value.

Really ?

Please explain. How does giving them away for free make them more valuable than if they were very expensively mined ?
xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 08:54:49 PM

For the last time, the pointless act of mining is NOT what gives a coin its value.

Really ?

Please explain. How does giving them away for free make them more valuable than if they were very expensively mined ?

Tok, I can make you an expensive cake, it doesn't mean it will be good or you will desire it.  Investors in this market are not checking the hashrate of various coins and buying according to which has the highest, they are buying because of other things, you are aware of the chatter, Putin is buying, Paypal is buying, MSTR is buying, Iran is buying..  Roll Eyes and so on, this is why people are buying bitcoin.  For DASH the narrative is Venezuela, Payments coins, instant send, masternode.  Hashrate never comes into consideration.  If I see you outside with an umbrella and infer that because you have an umbrella it must rain I would be wrong, but perhaps I wouldn't even know it, because chances are it rains.  The actual flow of events is Tok takes his umbrella with him when he thinks it's going to rain.  So too, hashrate follows price when people decide to FOMO into some coin because of other reasons I just mentioned.

This ANN thread is moving by so fast  Shocked
I forgot already what was posted in the previous page  Embarrassed

We must be in a bull market or something, don't you think?   Wink
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 09:18:39 PM

This ANN thread is moving by so fast  Shocked
I forgot already what was posted in the previous page  Embarrassed

We must be in a bull market or something, don't you think?   Wink

I sure hope so Smiley

Pang.

Activity: 257
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 10:13:42 PM

I just stop by, to say hello to the holders and @quizzie, a guy who never rests and always brings out the positive side of Dash.

The $ 100 looks very close, who knows if this time it will be the good one again?

Greetings and health to all.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 10:36:12 PM

I just hope certain people do not regret having sold most of their Dash at a very low Dash price. I think they call that seller's remorse  Undecided

... $100 range coming days / weeks ?

well I sold most of my DASH long ago - for BTC and ETH and can tell you that I do NOT regret. Even @ $100 DASH I can now buy 3 times more DASH than I had then, and guess what: I will not do that. As time pases I see less reason to do so.
     I remember Mangled Blue...He was one of the first MN owners, hosted my MN at the time. Then he stopped hosting, then after some time he sold his MN (s?)... then after some time he posted that he see no point of returning to MN owners club, he saw "things not going better" ...I didn't understand him than but saw him and many cool people are out from DASH since. I feel similar now, don't see reason to buy back.
   DASH had great community, great people. Few still here, but masternoders have overtaken DASH's previous mission.  Or I had wrong idea about its mission?  
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 10:39:18 PM

I just stop by, to say hello to the holders and @quizzie, a guy who never rests and always brings out the positive side of Dash.

The $ 100 looks very close, who knows if this time it will be the good one again?

Thank you Pang

edit : oh shoot, eh .. i was not resting, honestly !!  Roll Eyes

Greetings and health to you too.

afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2020, 11:26:27 PM

Heres bitcoin and some other altcoins that you forgot

You might also note the real volume for dash does not look so good either. Also the lowest out of these competitors

So I kind of stand by what I said here ...

There lies the difference. As far as my judgement goes dash overpays its service layer. The service layer is great. But just not worth almost 50% of the entire supply to pay for it. Most masternode owners are in utter denial of this. At this time Dash is leading the way in showing that masternode coins are not a winner. As far as I know there isnt yet a masternode coin which restrains the masternode reward. All succumb to the temptation of rewarding too much free coins to the masternodes.

Having almost half the supply airdropped to a group of wealthy owners is killing dash.

maybe you missed this on the previous page. It is moving fast afterall.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 11:37:01 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2020, 11:57:00 PM by toknormal

Putin is buying, Paypal is buying, MSTR is buying, Iran is buying..Hashrate never comes into consideration.

You have got this picture wrong.

I know it sounds plausible but it's wrong.

For a start, masternodes are not buying. They receive coins straight from the chain and don't have to "pay" for them. Requiring hashrate as payment for coins effectively puts a price on their issue to the first holder and it's not a small amount, it's HALF the entire supply we're talking about. When the protocol allows this to happen it has an effect on price. I realise that individual investors may not care whether the coin was hashed out of the chain or not, but it has an aggregate effect which can be measured if you're forced to account for it (as I was when I started accounting for everything on tax returns). That's when I realised how corrosive this practice was to the marketcap over a long period of time.

Sure we'll get pulled along by the tide for a while, but that isn't the same thing as having a competitive advantage in store-of-value performance.
birdonthewire

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 12:07:53 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2020, 09:29:42 AM by birdonthewire

Giving shortened and / or biased information to keep scamming clueless newbies?

Or belittling the other opinion-makers and trying to inhibit free expression? Because that's what he did until 4 days ago, when his troll ass began to be spanked ... as a good representative of this corrupt mafia that kidnaps the DAO.

Those values ​​are what have made DASH a totally centralized shit project and no improvement solution in that regard, since modest Mnodes have no ability to change the rules. As long as their greed leads them to work for the "silent" whales (some show their paw in some vote, and decide three figures of votes in a single click, as happened last month to DASH Next), well they will continue like this, quiet. As long as everything unfolds in your interest, perfect ... why put yourself out there?

Let's not forget that Mnodes are not only the main diversion of system resources, but, much more important, they decide anything in DASH . I repeat: ANYTHING ... they can put anything to vote. As defund long-standing workgroups without even giving an opinion on why they are working ... or what they might be doing wrong (DASH Nexus, when its previous proposal was threatened with underfunding, was not complaining about it ... but about not be given the slightest feedback on a possible erroneous activity and thus be able to redirect it)

So sidelining entire groups in one fell swoop without the slightest blush is the "New Normal" in DASH. The miners have been the last ... before, any holder with less than 1000 DASH who expected Duffield's Shared Mnodes, possibly at very high prices ... for the particular benefit of these thieves. Nobody remembers Ryan Taylor a couple of years ago saying that "it was not the right time" to implement Shared Mnodes because he did not see "a receptive environment in the Mnodes community." "Well ... this start of the year, they got stand the table in the quarterly call of January ... to be buried among the rest of the conditions of the "Great Pact 2020".

Nobody remembers the corrupt intoxicant Valenzuela changing his historic "HODL" speech (he came to accompany some of his infumable nursery school articles with a libertarian fist aloft and other demagogic clownings) ... for messages that those DASH had to be spent...because "DASH is a chain of payments" ? The strategic and communication turn was resounding and evident around a year and half ago in the happily buried today informational trash can DASH NEWS. Well ... that certainty directly deprived the tokens of the holders without Mnode of value, surely the most humble part of the - old - real DASH community...... a trap worthy of true pride, yes sir. Many would probably think: "These coins bought at 4 figures for an annual return in the famous" DASH Accounts "of years ago ... now they are worth 90% less ... AND I HAVE TO SPEND THEM on any nonsense ... to that those who veto the right that they offered me and marginalize me at one stroke from the DASH structure (and with a profusion of media, videos, interviews, articles ... driven and funded by the DAO) continue to take their share of the cake. "

Now the profile of "investor" is high-flying...the sky is the limit ! They want new Mnodes that bring in fresh little money. Someone thinks that they are going to explain to those potential 6-figure investors ... that the Network of Mnodes, which is not even decentralized in dreams in 5000 points, can marginalize their community member profile ... as it has already done with several ? Who in DASH is going to guarantee these new Mnodes that He won't be the new outcast profile on the cake... the new guest to shove his super-treasure of tokens up his ass? those 4000 Mnodes who do not vote ... do not appear to deny him and the rest of Mnodes with one or two devices, in 3 clicks, their right to rewards or vote, for example. ..inviting him "to spend his tokens" like dirty Valenzuela did to the most humble DASH holders before?. Finantial Freedom and long-term investment "DASH Style" , in all its glory ... Mamma mia !!!...  Roll Eyes

The same pigs that they celebrate happily on Discord channels because DASH drops to $ 5 for the benefit of their shenanigans, who laugh on those same channels when DAO-paid trolls marginalize logically outraged members of the "real community" - and that's when do not directly add to the vibe of insults and trolling, like the Canadian pig or xkcd - or that fill the internet with colorful rockets and bullish graphics every time DASH raises a measly dollar (when told about the 1600 drop it takes ... there already, they fill it all with drops of other currencies - many of them, pure shitty shitcoins, that not even with that fallacious resource match the word of DASH ... for which, in addition, and on top of the shamelessness and scam, they invite you to buy a THOUSAND !!! - or you will not be a "community", which is the point of enrichment in a DASH with a price and an S2F that are scary -) ... they are the ones that appear here with that friendly, positive and pro-DASHer mood that invites new infeli Cease to enter her thieving joke.

And look, let's be positive: In this endless environment of uncertainty, we already have a price discovery mechanism impartial and objective in DASH...at least, for a standard investment:
1000 tokens = 1 JOKE. ( although perhaps some investor - or some Mnodes of one or two devices - does not find it too funny ... well, there are very strange people. )
Really cheap for riding the new crypto "decentralized" revolution ... and such.

And all this dead end  ... the ideal of financial freedom, decentralization , transparency and collective synergy of which some are proud - it is supposed -. Really vomiting.

DASH IS THE VACCINE AGAINST THE NAKAMOTO´S CANNIBALISM* ( and its extractive virus, BTC ) 

*Parasitic growth system based on the transfer of wealth through speculative bubbles (the same old scam of the fiat global elite ...in a new format)

https://discord.com/channels/370148711088652288/660351836292775936/773522887616757770
jdmcg

Activity: 263
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 12:32:30 AM

It seems Dash is down to about 4854 masternodes now... all at the same time the price has gone up over 20% in the last week... perhaps the bottom vs BTC is in?

Are old masternodes being banned yet or are disgruntled masternode owners finally selling?

Either way, things are looking good and on schedule for 2021.

Now, where can I claim my tokcoins?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 09:29:37 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2020, 09:42:24 AM by qwizzie

It seems Dash is down to about 4854 masternodes now... all at the same time the price has gone up over 20% in the last week... perhaps the bottom vs BTC is in?

Are old masternodes being banned yet or are disgruntled masternode owners finally selling?

Either way, things are looking good and on schedule for 2021.

Now, where can I claim my tokcoins?

Spork 21 has been activated some days ago which enabled a check on a minimum protocol version, so masternodes on older protocol versions started to receive PoSe scores. When those scores become too high,
they get PoSe banned and they disappear from the masternodes list, resulting in our number of active masternodes dropping.

Number of active masternodes : http://178.254.23.111/~pub/masternode_count.png

ATH : 5007
Currently : 4843

Number of masternodes with older protocol versions and at risk of getting PoSe banned : https://mnowatch.org/legacynodes/

Currently : 563 (was around 1000 when spork 21 got activated, if i remember correctly)
Masternodes with older protocol versions and spent collateral : 27 (some of these have moved to a new wallet address, as a 1000 Dash amount, so spent does not necessarily mean sold)

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 09:44:46 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2020, 10:32:52 AM by qwizzie

Putin is buying, Paypal is buying, MSTR is buying, Iran is buying..Hashrate never comes into consideration.

You have got this picture wrong.

I know it sounds plausible but it's wrong.

For a start, masternodes are not buying.

I bought... Remember ? Bought half a masternode @62 Euro Dash price a few months back.
Dash price currently 77 Euro. Buying can be very profitable if you have the patience.

And i have no intention to sell either. Actually i am looking for ways to make that half a masternode, whole. To add to my other masternodes.
What i find interesting is how people deal with bear markets and large price drops.

Bitcoin had like 3 or 4 very large price drops in its lifetimes, some of them as high as the price drop that hit Altcoins in 2018-2020 for the first time (90% / 96% down from ATH).
Bitcoin price recovered each time and went higher to establish new price ATH's.

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/a0q0sr/historic_bitcoin_crashes_compared_with_our/

I have little doubt that will be the same for Altcoins, specially those Altcoins that have an use case and an active community. It just seems to take longer with Altcoins.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 10:03:53 AM

I bought... Remember ?

I think you're actually the troll around here. The amount of sheer obfuscating nonsense you post designed to thwart and hamper open discussion is off the charts.

You know I was referring to the block reward itself, not exchanges order books.
Pages: « 1 ... 6868 6869 6870 6871 6872 6873 6874 6875 6876 6877 6878 6879 6880 6881 6882 6883 6884 6885 6886 6887 6888 6889 6890 6891 6892 6893 6894 6895 6896 6897 6898 6899 6900 6901 6902 6903 6904 6905 6906 6907 6908 6909 6910 6911 6912 6913 6914 6915 6916 6917 [6918] 6919 6920 6921 6922 6923 6924 6925 6926 6927 6928 6929 6930 6931 6932 6933 6934 6935 6936 6937 6938 6939 6940 6941 6942 6943 6944 6945 6946 6947 6948 6949 6950 6951 6952 6953 6954 6955 6956 6957 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: