Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:58:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 [810] 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722508 times)
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:01:05 PM

Is a 100 character long password enough to secure a master node on windows? Or is it necessary to get a third party encryption?

Attacks on your system in windows probably won't be coming from cracking your password.  

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 05:02:48 PM

Is a 100 character long password enough to secure a master node on windows? Or is it necessary to get a third party encryption?

Attacks on your system in windows probably won't be coming from cracking your password.  

yup....  if your house is made of wood, it doesn't matter how many locks you put on your door.  Smiley

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:06:30 PM

off to the pub to celebrate  Grin
lulutis2000

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:07:10 PM

Anyone could explain the benefits of set an own masternode? I have more than 1k darks so i can create it but why should i make it?
jolipenria

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:07:36 PM

Could anyone help me?

My wallet shows that it is currently synchronizing with the network -- however, It states that it is " 0 hours behind "

As far as i can tell, all my transactions are always up to date, and i instantly receive most payments.

My first steps to diagnose the problem were too delete peers.dat , blocks folder, and chainstate folder.

After a cold re-sync, The wallet is up to date for a few minutes before it resorts back to synchrnozing with the network with a status of " 0 hours behind " ...

When hovering over the progress bar it shows - 56,920 blocks out of 470,000 have been proccessed.

Can anyone explain this issue to me ?

Well it's because it has to download the entire blockchain and then verify each block.

You can quit and restart program without loosing progress if you need to. Alternatively you can look in the getting started guide for some advise on changing the config file that might help. Maybe.

Seems legit -_-
I am all about the hype, but it doesn't seem optimal to take this long to set up a wallet
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:08:17 PM

I think the masternodes network will make Darkcoin into something truly unique. Running a masternode will provide even more incentive for people to invest in Darkcoin on top of the privacy aspect. I think the sky is the limit with regards to price.

I dont understand why people keep using the words "pump" and "dump" in the context of Darkcoin.  The price increase is the correction. This coin was undervalued for a long time. It was like there were Ferraris for sale at 1K for a long time, some people were able to recognize that.  Now the Ferraris are going for 10K, it is still incredibly cheap.  So just buy what you can while you can, sure there will be minor corrections along the way, but it wont really go down to previous levels, BECAUSE THE VALUE WAS ALWAYS THERE, you just needed to see.  And the people that know what they have in their hands wont sell it for cheap anymore. The cat is out of the bag, and a 5USD DRK is still bloody cheap.

Just a little food for thought, those masternodes will become extremely useful  Wink  Not just for hosting DarkSend transactions.  I just finally bought back in with my stupidly sold dark, at 50% loss (because the price went up so much), because this coin will never be so cheap again, not in 30 years. (no worries, I still have my "core" darks)

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:09:14 PM

Masternodes give you a good amount dark every month or so as "income" similar to a job in a way.

For those with wallet syncing, just download the newest darkcoin wallet, darksend was released out of beta so the wallet was upgraded.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:12:00 PM

Its obviously going to be dumped at some point in the next 24-48 hours, so yes I'm waiting - the question is, how many jump off and what will the price be? I'm thinking it will likely drop back to 0.0025 but maybe we have some pumpers who will hold and it won't drop that low - thoughts?

This is not a coin like BC. You can wait until you are black.
This is DRK - which will change the known crypto world !

I've been on these pages for some time. Im a believer in the project and have mined and am holding a fair few coins. It just seems obvious this is a pump - everyone doesnt all of a sudden think this is the best coin ever! I understand we needed a correction to make value fair but this steep of a climb smells fishy to me.
This is a great coin no doubt, undervalued for a long time. Saying that, I've never seen a chart where a coin pumped 5x+ in value over a short period of hours to a couple days that didn't finish with a massive, fast correction. Some coins like Litecoin recover but never to that high, most coins fall to nothing - obviously Drk wont' fall into this shitcoin category.
Be careful falling for the hype, this is how whales end up with so many coins, they sell at the top and buy when there is blood, despair and panic.
Simcom

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:13:52 PM

please dont hit me.

stupid question:

what does "Guesstimated Wallet" (blockexplorer) mean?

I believe the website tries to guess which addresses belong to the same person by the transactions in the blockchain.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:14:13 PM

Anyone could explain the benefits of set an own masternode? I have more than 1k darks so i can create it but why should i make it?

For the time being you get nothing. That will change in the upcoming versions when darksend nodes will receive 10% of new blocks mined.
Leogheo

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:15:12 PM

Seems legit -_-
I am all about the hype, but it doesn't seem optimal to take this long to set up a wallet

What speed is your internet connection? If you don't already have latest version (v12) it might be worth downloading that.
Remember you can start mining on a pool website immediately (you don't cash out until several 100s or 1000s have been earned).
Pajkho

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:16:00 PM

Anyone know why the GPU miner instantly closes saying it was not able to connect to the server?

I have tried many different pools and none of them works.
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:16:48 PM

For the time being you get nothing. That will change in the upcoming versions when darksend nodes will receive 10% of new blocks mined.

Getting in masternodes now is the best idea, 10% is quite a bit. 1 masternode is 1k dark, price will also increase in the future.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Simcom

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:17:34 PM

Anyone know why the GPU miner instantly closes saying it was not able to connect to the server?

I have tried many different pools and none of them works.

post the contents of your config (or .bat) file

Probably there is some simple mistake there.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:19:38 PM

Its obviously going to be dumped at some point in the next 24-48 hours, so yes I'm waiting - the question is, how many jump off and what will the price be? I'm thinking it will likely drop back to 0.0025 but maybe we have some pumpers who will hold and it won't drop that low - thoughts?

I've been on these pages for some time. Im a believer in the project and have mined and am holding a fair few coins. It just seems obvious this is a pump - everyone doesnt all of a sudden think this is the best coin ever! I understand we needed a correction to make value fair but this steep of a climb smells fishy to me.
This is a great coin no doubt, undervalued for a long time. Saying that, I've never seen a chart where a coin pumped 5x+ in value over a short period of hours to a couple days that didn't finish with a massive, fast correction. Some coins like Litecoin recover but never to that high, most coins fall to nothing - obviously Drk wont' fall into this shitcoin category.
Be careful falling for the hype, this is how whales end up with so many coins, they sell at the top and buy when there is blood, despair and panic.

It's not 5x, it's 3x.

Price movements of DRK have traditionally been in the 2.5 - 4x steps.

Early February: 0.00007 => 0.00018 (2.5x) STABLE
Early February pt 2: 0.00018 => 0.0005 (2.8x) STABLE
Mid February 0.0005: => 0.002 (4x) STABLE
Late February pump with hacked BTCs: 0.002 => 0.008 (unstable) => massive dump from btc hackers => 0.0012-16 (stayed there for 2 months)
Mid April: 0.0012 -> 0.0016
Late April: 0.0016 -> 0.005 (3x)

Compare this with some shitcoin pumps of 10-15-20-50-100x
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:23:25 PM

we "only" must hit 300 mio marketcap and we are after bitcoin on second place

weren't you the guy who promoted mazacoin and laughed with others about dumping it onto idiots on IRC after having bought at 500 satoshi?

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:23:48 PM

It's not 5x, it's 3x.

Price movements of DRK have traditionally been in the 2.5 - 4x steps.

Early February: 0.00007 => 0.00018 (2.5x) STABLE
Early February pt 2: 0.00018 => 0.0005 (2.8x) STABLE
Mid February 0.0005: => 0.002 (4x) STABLE
Late February pump with hacked BTCs: 0.002 => 0.008 (unstable) => massive dump from btc hackers => 0.0012-16 (stayed there for 2 months)
Mid April: 0.0012 -> 0.0016
Late April: 0.0016 -> 0.005 (3x)

Compare this with some shitcoin pumps of 10-15-20-50-100x

That's because Darkcoin is the only coin besides Bitcoin that actually has something to offer. Litecoin's scrypt algo is going to be overrun by ASCIS's soon, Darkcoin's x11 algo won't have an ASCIS touch it for many years. Coins like Darkcoin aren't ones you see everyday.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
droptable

Activity: 363

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:25:25 PM

please dont hit me.

stupid question:

what does "Guesstimated Wallet" (blockexplorer) mean?

I believe the website tries to guess which addresses belong to the same person by the transactions in the blockchain.

thx!

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
berliston

Activity: 52
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:28:58 PM
Merited by Yza_azY (21)

There is some financial penalty for ddos, which the nodes get to keep. Broadcasting rejected transactions results in 0.1 drk being deducted and paid to each random master node that gets picked for every transaction.
You could make a fair profit from just running nodes.
digitalninja81

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:33:13 PM

There is some financial penalty for ddos, which the nodes get to keep. Broadcasting rejected transactions results in 0.1 drk being deducted and paid to each random master node that gets picked for every transaction.
You could make a fair profit from just running nodes.

The collateral transaction is made out to the masternode (a randomly chosen full node. Picked with a tamperproof algo), so they can't actually pay themselves, just the master node.
Pages: « 1 ... 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 [810] 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: