Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:14:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 [763] 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722518 times)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:34:26 PM

Could anyone help me?

My wallet shows that it is currently synchronizing with the network -- however, It states that it is " 0 hours behind "

As far as i can tell, all my transactions are always up to date, and i instantly receive most payments.

My first steps to diagnose the problem were too delete peers.dat , blocks folder, and chainstate folder.

After a cold re-sync, The wallet is up to date for a few minutes before it resorts back to synchrnozing with the network with a status of " 0 hours behind " ...

When hovering over the progress bar it shows - 56,920 blocks out of 470,000 have been proccessed.

Can anyone explain this issue to me ?

Mine behaves exactly the same. Version v0.10.3.4-38-gd79df3d-beta.

Grab RC1, the version is v0.10.4.0. There was a bug with downloading blocks in the previous beta. I just tested both updated versions with no problem

Grabbed the latest from here:

http://darkcoin.io/beta.php

All seems OK. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:48:18 PM

Could anyone help me?

My wallet shows that it is currently synchronizing with the network -- however, It states that it is " 0 hours behind "

As far as i can tell, all my transactions are always up to date, and i instantly receive most payments.

My first steps to diagnose the problem were too delete peers.dat , blocks folder, and chainstate folder.

After a cold re-sync, The wallet is up to date for a few minutes before it resorts back to synchrnozing with the network with a status of " 0 hours behind " ...

When hovering over the progress bar it shows - 56,920 blocks out of 470,000 have been proccessed.

Grab RC1, the version is v0.10.4.0. There was a bug with downloading blocks in the previous beta

Ok thanks for the prompt response! I was under impression that RC1 was optional.

Edit: Can confirm - RC1 has resolved the issue.

Wait some longer.
I have the RC1 running since it was available. The issue did not dissapear.

Agreed, The issue is reoccuring for me. Chaeplin's instructions were a little confusing for me to follow - did it solve the issue?

Could DEV please comment on the severity of this issue? Is it simply not an issue? Not sure =/

It is something that has to be corrected in the coin itself. Amuseing to me LimeCoin dev's understood it. They decided not to do it since it requires a hard fork. I recomment the dev to read it up on the link I posted. It links over to that Limecoin.

I didn't mine LimeCoins because that issue and I don't see any future in that coin anyway (byway there a 2 different LimeCoins now so they kill themself)

DarkCoin is a bit a different story. I am not really happy with DarkCoin for a number of reasons but I know that it is a major player and gains values and so I go along with it.

Chaeplin's instruction is a workaround.

He listed all the foreign IP's coming from LiteCoin and WorldCoin that connect to DarkCoin and tells you to set your routing on your system to route those IP's into nirvana so the client doesn't sees them.

I haven't tested it yet. Busy with others. But I am confident it will work.

However in looking into the future I more liked the dev would take it serious and fix it by the next occasion.
A serious coin with such a flaw is a bit of a joke.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:04:47 PM

Could anyone help me?

Grab RC1, the version is v0.10.4.0. There was a bug with downloading blocks in the previous beta

Ok thanks for the prompt response! I was under impression that RC1 was optional.

Wait some longer.

Agreed, The issue is reoccuring for me. Chaeplin's instructions were a little confusing for me to follow - did it solve the issue?

Could DEV please comment on the severity of this issue? Is it simply not an issue? Not sure =/

It is something that has to be corrected in the coin itself. Amuseing to me LimeCoin dev's understood it. They decided not to do it since it requires a hard fork. I recomment the dev to read it up on the link I posted. It links over to that Limecoin.

I didn't mine LimeCoins because that issue and I don't see any future in that coin anyway (byway there a 2 different LimeCoins now so they kill themself)

DarkCoin is a bit a different story. I am not really happy with DarkCoin for a number of reasons but I know that it is a major player and gains values and so I go along with it.

He listed all the foreign IP's coming from LiteCoin and WorldCoin that connect to DarkCoin and tells you to set your routing on your system to route those IP's into nirvana so the client doesn't sees them.

However in looking into the future I more liked the dev would take it serious and fix it by the next occasion.

I believe there'll be a hard fork for implementing some of the DarkSend changes in the near future, so hard forking shouldn't be an issue for fixing it.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:15:58 PM

Is BTC mind bogglingly even slower than usual for anyone else today or is it just me?  Sad
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:19:46 PM

Is BTC mind bogglingly even slower than usual for anyone else today or is it just me?  Sad

Looks like. Last 6 Blocks = 3 1/2 hours.

Nevertheless usual variance.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:40:37 PM

Why did the price start to rise now and not 1 week or 2 ago???

Did I miss any significant change or news?

The main change that has occurred is that DRK coin was in its own bearish trend for the last several months. I believe it initiated when the theft occurred at C-Cex and many, many DRK kept being dumped on Poloniex.  So while the rest of the alt currency space saw its own down trend that had a spectacular reversal (particularly with BC leading the charge) DRK was still in its own Bear trend.  With the recent run up with the release of RC 1 there was a test of that bearish sentiment and a reversal appeared to occur.   Now that the market has formed a very bullish pattern of cup and handle on the daily charts the order book is getting very thin at these prices and multiple whales who had been waiting on the sideline for confirmation have obviously been moving in to get a piece of DRK.

The difference between a bear trend and a bull trend is that in a bear trend the market "bear"ly (sorry) reacts to any positive news, but has an over-exaggerated response to negative news.  In a bull market that is reversed. While there were plenty of updates and developments in the DRK space during the last two months they hardly made any impact on the price before encountering waves of selling pressure. Now every bit of positive news should make the price rise significantly.  DRK being one of the few coins with TRULY innovative functionality will make it a serious contender in the altcoin space in the next 6 months to year.

I think now that the DRK market has been released from the stranglehold of the bear trend it will start to reflect some of the recent developments:  
One, Dark send is functional;
Two, The maximum coin limit has been set at ~22 Million which was lower than the ~80 million it was for a time;
Three, X11 is its own very innovative mining algorithm;
Four, Dark Gravity Wave is its own unique difficulty adjustment functionality;
Five; the master node functionality is its own innovation which gives whales incentive to load up on 1000 blocks of DRK because now they act somewhat analogously to miners/PoS.  

All that, and we have a known upcoming news event that is virtually guaranteed to raise the price, which is the release of Open Source. Actually according to Evan's timeline, 3 upcoming news events:
 One, RC 2 which gives master node income generating functionality;  
Two, a "trusted third party" vets the code;
Three, the release of the code as fully open source.

The coin has one of the most innovative Devs in the alt space.  He is one of the only Alt devs I see playing in the same league of intellect as Satoshi Nakamoto.  To get an idea of where DRK is goin one only need to look at the other recent hot investments in the Cryptospace.  Look at Safecoin. They were able to raise $8 million in a day with just hype. They are suspiciously similar to namecoin in concept. $8 million dollars is over twice DRK's current market cap.  If $8 Million flowed into an existing coin and not an IPO then the market cap would actually be an order of magnitude higher than $8 million because most holders actually wouldn't part with their coins at existing prices. Then look at Black Coin. The only innovation Black Coin had was how they set up multi pool which was really still a rip off of the Bitcoin Multi Pool concept, otherwise the coin's concept itself was a rip off of Mintcoin and PeerCoins PoS. I'll give it that it was a unique application of multipool functionality, instead of pointing the multipool at BTC they pointed it at an alt.  Clever, but only a fraction of the cleverness we've seen in the DRK space. And that has gotten BC up to spot 9 on coinmarketcap as of today with $11 Million, AFTER a huge pullback in BC price (4 days ago it was $20 million, ~5x DRK's current market cap).  If DRK gos up to meet or exceed BC in market cap that would put it at at virtually triple today's price.     I think the fundamentals clearly suggest that its a matter of WHEN not IF that happens (at minimum).  Barring any Black Swan events the future is looking rosy for the price indeed and its starting to look very cheap even at the current price.
Thanks for this - great post.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:56:14 PM

I was a big believer in DRK but have now liquidated my position. It has been too long without a proper response/fix from the developer on this issue. Perhaps if they correct it I will believe in the coin again. Its hard to take DRK seriously until this is addressed.

LOL

Come on dude, Evan writes a decentralized CoinJoin and you don't think he can change an int?

Ya'll be trippin'. He'll get to it, I guarantee it.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:02:10 PM

I was a big believer in DRK but have now liquidated my position. It has been too long without a proper response/fix from the developer on this issue. Perhaps if they correct it I will believe in the coin again. Its hard to take DRK seriously until this is addressed.

LOL

Come on dude, Evan writes a decentralized CoinJoin and you don't think he can change an int?

Ya'll be trippin'. He'll get to it, I guarantee it.

He is just looking to create FUD, nobody in their right mind would liquidate their position for such a minor issue. Development team has proven to be responsive, we wont fall for that, good luck trying to get cheap drk.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:03:32 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 06:14:56 PM by coins101

A lot of people choosing x11.

There is now a x11 multipool that mines x11 coins. Currently Darkcoin and Hirocoin

coinmine.pw

first multipool with x11 algo with profit switcher

@the moment only darkcoin and hirocoin.
vote for more x11 coins to be added

Might be an EvanCoin soon  Grin
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:26:07 PM

Could anyone help me?

Wait some longer.

Try deleting peers.dat and restarting. I'm curious to see if that fixes it.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:43:49 PM

Mac's are still v0.9.1 ... any ETA on it?
gadado

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:44:06 PM

Will do. Can tell you the result tomorrow. It's mostly ok for the first 2 hours.
I found an old deleted peer.dat form 21.4 so I guess I already tried that and didnt work. Not sure though if it were with the beta or the rc1.
I think this peer.dat deleting will only work if no other node still has this foreign nodes in their list.
We will see.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:51:19 PM

After reading a bit on darkcoin and the up-coming events, i went ahead and invested a portion of my BTC holdings. This is quite the promising alt and the future looks rather bright Smiley

Dito, sure it's a good investment!
It definitely is. It sure sticks out among the many alts being released.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:18:43 PM

I just dumped my last BC, and put it all into DRK, rounding out another 1,000 DRK Cheesy. = another master node!

sorry, had to share my excitement! Cheesy
wuzamarine

Activity: 264

derp

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:23:54 PM

My wallet quit syncing. I tried adding a .conf with addnode's but nah-dah.
What is the fix?
I even tried connection to tor.
literally the timer is going backwards. It says syncing but it's not.
That coin has been unconfirmed for 16 hrs.
 Huh

gadado

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:30:38 PM

Will do. Can tell you the result tomorrow. It's mostly ok for the first 2 hours.
I found an old deleted peer.dat form 21.4 so I guess I already tried that and didnt work. Not sure though if it were with the beta or the rc1.
I think this peer.dat deleting will only work if no other node still has this foreign nodes in their list.
We will see.

Just happened. Desynchronized again. That was fast.
So deleting the peer.dat doesnt help.
mattmct

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:44:41 PM

My wallet quit syncing. I tried adding a .conf with addnode's but nah-dah.
What is the fix?
I even tried connection to tor.
literally the timer is going backwards. It says syncing but it's not.
That coin has been unconfirmed for 16 hrs.
 Huh

Did you try with latest client.....delete ALL but wallet.dat?

Esentially starting fresh, but keeping your wallet of course. Get rid of blocks etc
Muffnz

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:45:12 PM

Any believe that DRK can rise to 3$ for 1DRK? 5$? 10$? Shocked
wuzamarine

Activity: 264

derp

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:46:55 PM

We will see.

Just happened. Desynchronized again. That was fast.
So deleting the peer.dat doesnt help.

deleting peer.dat didn't work for me either.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:47:55 PM

Yeah, my Mac client also out of sync, but I get mining rewards fine and can send/receive ok. Quitting and re-opening "fixes" for a while.

Anyone not able to use the client because of this? I can.
Pages: « 1 ... 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 [763] 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: