Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:59:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 [762] 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:43:57 PM

Why did the price start to rise now and not 1 week or 2 ago???

Did I miss any significant change or news?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:46:38 PM

RC1 was released on the 18th, the press release went recently out and Eddufield was testing masternode payment system yesterday which means RC2 is only days away. I do believe this was the last chance to get in  relatively cheap.
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:49:47 PM

can't do any bloody work with the price sky rocketing  Grin

Would anyone like to share exactly what they use to run their masternode?

What computer?

Also what do u guys think?

It's a bit small man. By the looks of it, you own less than 100 DRK?
scottlilo

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:50:26 PM

Could anyone help me?

My wallet shows that it is currently synchronizing with the network -- however, It states that it is " 0 hours behind "

As far as i can tell, all my transactions are always up to date, and i instantly receive most payments.

My first steps to diagnose the problem were too delete peers.dat , blocks folder, and chainstate folder.

After a cold re-sync, The wallet is up to date for a few minutes before it resorts back to synchrnozing with the network with a status of " 0 hours behind " ...

When hovering over the progress bar it shows - 56,920 blocks out of 470,000 have been proccessed.

Can anyone explain this issue to me ?

Mine behaves exactly the same, but shows 56921 out of 263,460 currently. Version v0.10.3.4-38-gd79df3d-beta.

Yep, now that you say this, i went back and checked and my wallet is also now on 56,921, and has since moved on too 56,922 ..

Are our wallets simply processing information slowly? Or is something the matter?

i have the same problem. from time to time my wallet shows that its on block 56950 (current block) out of XXXXXXXX an insanely high number but it says its 0 hours behind. Then after some time it switches back to synched and then back to 0 hours

Yes it can be explained:

chaeplin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6370649#msg6370649

gadado
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6210909#msg6210909

So there are more than just 2 ppl. Maybe the dev should start to take this issue serious.

Agreed, The issue is reoccuring for me. Chaeplin's instructions were a little confusing for me to follow - did it solve the issue?

Could DEV please comment on the severity of this issue? Is it simply not an issue? Not sure =/

Poloniex Moderator
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 02:50:57 PM

Could anyone help me?

My wallet shows that it is currently synchronizing with the network -- however, It states that it is " 0 hours behind "

As far as i can tell, all my transactions are always up to date, and i instantly receive most payments.

My first steps to diagnose the problem were too delete peers.dat , blocks folder, and chainstate folder.

After a cold re-sync, The wallet is up to date for a few minutes before it resorts back to synchrnozing with the network with a status of " 0 hours behind " ...

When hovering over the progress bar it shows - 56,920 blocks out of 470,000 have been proccessed.

Mine behaves exactly the same. Version v0.10.3.4-38-gd79df3d-beta.

Grab RC1, the version is v0.10.4.0. There was a bug with downloading blocks in the previous beta. I just tested both updated versions with no problem

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
scottlilo

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:52:08 PM

Could anyone help me?

Mine behaves exactly the same. Version v0.10.3.4-38-gd79df3d-beta.

Grab RC1, the version is v0.10.4.0. There was a bug with downloading blocks in the previous beta

Ok thanks for the prompt response! I was under impression that RC1 was optional.

Edit: Can confirm - RC1 has resolved the issue.

Poloniex Moderator
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:55:49 PM

I've taken a step back from this thread for awhile and came back today.  I notice some people are still talking about Darkcoin being, "Instamined".

If you go through the early days of this thread, you will see me pop up.  I do not do any mining, never have.  I'm an investor and mining has never been my thing.  In the early days of this coin, there was a TREMENDOUS amount of VERY CHEAP coin available.  You will see me (and others, including the developer, Evan) posting in this thread offering to buy xx,xxx DRK for 1 bitcoin.  I can assure you that multiple deals via PM happened.  In addition, if you look at the blockchain, you will notice huge movements of coin in those early weeks.  I was literally putting up 50,000 DRK buy orders on Poloniex and THEY WERE GETTING FILLED.  And I was not the only person doing this.

Yes, early miners mined a lot of coin.  But they sold a TON of that coin as well to people like me and I have subsequently sold and distributed coin as well.  In fact, you can see me making 500 DRK donations within this thread in some of the early days, especially before KGW was implemented.  I suspect that this coin is actually quite well distributed at this point.

For the record, I only plan to sell a little DRK here and there as it goes up.  I'm an investor and in this coin for the long haul.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:08:53 PM

When are we going to be in a Chinese exchange? We are missing half of the potential market, BTER? BTC38? Anytime soon? Maybe the dev team should talk to them.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 03:14:44 PM

I've taken a step back from this thread for awhile and came back today.  I notice some people are still talking about Darkcoin being, "Instamined".

If you go through the early days of this thread, you will see me pop up.  I do not do any mining, never have.  I'm an investor and mining has never been my thing.  In the early days of this coin, there was a TREMENDOUS amount of VERY CHEAP coin available.  You will see me (and others, including the developer, Evan) posting in this thread offering to buy xx,xxx DRK for 1 bitcoin.  I can assure you that multiple deals via PM happened.  In addition, if you look at the blockchain, you will notice huge movements of coin in those early weeks.  I was literally putting up 50,000 DRK buy orders on Poloniex and THEY WERE GETTING FILLED.  And I was not the only person doing this.

Yes, early miners mined a lot of coin.  But they sold a TON of that coin as well to people like me and I have subsequently sold and distributed coin as well.  In fact, you can see me making 500 DRK donations within this thread in some of the early days, especially before KGW was implemented.  I suspect that this coin is actually quite well distributed at this point.

For the record, I only plan to sell a little DRK here and there as it goes up.  I'm an investor and in this coin for the long haul.
damn!! i hope you kept 50k for yourself as an investment i only have 5k and i think evan that's a good ammount, hope you get rich
Kartoff

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:20:26 PM

Seems Evan as a developer should tickle BTER to finally add DRK  Grin

And also maybe BTC-E can add DRK to the place of FTC since DarkCoin pass FeatherCoin in market cap Wink
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:25:36 PM

What computer?

It's a bit small man. By the looks of it, you own less than 100 DRK?

Yeah it is, this is the boat used to get to my REAL boat. We call it the passenger orgy

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BlockChains

Activity: 110

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:32:46 PM

The main change that has occurred is that DRK coin was in its own bearish trend for the last several months. I believe it initiated when the theft occurred at C-Cex and many, many DRK kept being dumped on Poloniex.  So while the rest of the alt currency space saw its own down trend that had a spectacular reversal (particularly with BC leading the charge) DRK was still in its own Bear trend.  With the recent run up with the release of RC 1 there was a test of that bearish sentiment and a reversal appeared to occur.   Now that the market has formed a very bullish pattern of cup and handle on the daily charts the order book is getting very thin at these prices and multiple whales who had been waiting on the sideline for confirmation have obviously been moving in to get a piece of DRK.

The difference between a bear trend and a bull trend is that in a bear trend the market "bear"ly (sorry) reacts to any positive news, but has an over-exaggerated response to negative news.  In a bull market that is reversed. While there were plenty of updates and developments in the DRK space during the last two months they hardly made any impact on the price before encountering waves of selling pressure. Now every bit of positive news should make the price rise significantly.  DRK being one of the few coins with TRULY innovative functionality will make it a serious contender in the altcoin space in the next 6 months to year.

I think now that the DRK market has been released from the stranglehold of the bear trend it will start to reflect some of the recent developments:  
One, Dark send is functional;
Two, The maximum coin limit has been set at ~22 Million which was lower than the ~80 million it was for a time;
Three, X11 is its own very innovative mining algorithm;
Four, Dark Gravity Wave is its own unique difficulty adjustment functionality;
Five; the master node functionality is its own innovation which gives whales incentive to load up on 1000 blocks of DRK because now they act somewhat analogously to miners/PoS.  

All that, and we have a known upcoming news event that is virtually guaranteed to raise the price, which is the release of Open Source. Actually according to Evan's timeline, 3 upcoming news events:
 One, RC 2 which gives master node income generating functionality;  
Two, a "trusted third party" vets the code;
Three, the release of the code as fully open source.

The coin has one of the most innovative Devs in the alt space.  He is one of the only Alt devs I see playing in the same league of intellect as Satoshi Nakamoto.  To get an idea of where DRK is goin one only need to look at the other recent hot investments in the Cryptospace.  Look at Safecoin. They were able to raise $8 million in a day with just hype. They are suspiciously similar to namecoin in concept. $8 million dollars is over twice DRK's current market cap.  If $8 Million flowed into an existing coin and not an IPO then the market cap would actually be an order of magnitude higher than $8 million because most holders actually wouldn't part with their coins at existing prices. Then look at Black Coin. The only innovation Black Coin had was how they set up multi pool which was really still a rip off of the Bitcoin Multi Pool concept, otherwise the coin's concept itself was a rip off of Mintcoin and PeerCoins PoS. I'll give it that it was a unique application of multipool functionality, instead of pointing the multipool at BTC they pointed it at an alt.  Clever, but only a fraction of the cleverness we've seen in the DRK space. And that has gotten BC up to spot 9 on coinmarketcap as of today with $11 Million, AFTER a huge pullback in BC price (4 days ago it was $20 million, ~5x DRK's current market cap).  If DRK gos up to meet or exceed BC in market cap that would put it at at virtually triple today's price.     I think the fundamentals clearly suggest that its a matter of WHEN not IF that happens (at minimum).  Barring any Black Swan events the future is looking rosy for the price indeed and its starting to look very cheap even at the current price.
Phillis

Activity: 404

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:41:29 PM

After reading a bit on darkcoin and the up-coming events, i went ahead and invested a portion of my BTC holdings. This is quite the promising alt and the future looks rather bright Smiley
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:44:24 PM

templar77 should be contacted for some initial RC1/RC2 testing Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580256.0
Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:50:18 PM

The main change that has occurred is that DRK coin was in its own bearish trend for the last several months. I believe it initiated when the theft occurred at C-Cex and many, many DRK kept being dumped on Poloniex.  So while the rest of the alt currency space saw its own down trend that had a spectacular reversal (particularly with BC leading the charge) DRK was still in its own Bear trend.  With the recent run up with the release of RC 1 there was a test of that bearish sentiment and a reversal appeared to occur.   Now that the market has formed a very bullish pattern of cup and handle on the daily charts the order book is getting very thin at these prices and multiple whales who had been waiting on the sideline for confirmation have obviously been moving in to get a piece of DRK.

The difference between a bear trend and a bull trend is that in a bear trend the market "bear"ly (sorry) reacts to any positive news, but has an over-exaggerated response to negative news.  In a bull market that is reversed. While there were plenty of updates and developments in the DRK space during the last two months they hardly made any impact on the price before encountering waves of selling pressure. Now every bit of positive news should make the price rise significantly.  DRK being one of the few coins with TRULY innovative functionality will make it a serious contender in the altcoin space in the next 6 months to year.

I think now that the DRK market has been released from the stranglehold of the bear trend it will start to reflect some of the recent developments:  
One, Dark send is functional;
Two, The maximum coin limit has been set at ~22 Million which was lower than the ~80 million it was for a time;
Three, X11 is its own very innovative mining algorithm;
Four, Dark Gravity Wave is its own unique difficulty adjustment functionality;
Five; the master node functionality is its own innovation which gives whales incentive to load up on 1000 blocks of DRK because now they act somewhat analogously to miners/PoS.  

All that, and we have a known upcoming news event that is virtually guaranteed to raise the price, which is the release of Open Source. Actually according to Evan's timeline, 3 upcoming news events:
 One, RC 2 which gives master node income generating functionality;  
Two, a "trusted third party" vets the code;
Three, the release of the code as fully open source.

The coin has one of the most innovative Devs in the alt space.  He is one of the only Alt devs I see playing in the same league of intellect as Satoshi Nakamoto.  To get an idea of where DRK is goin one only need to look at the other recent hot investments in the Cryptospace.  Look at Safecoin. They were able to raise $8 million in a day with just hype. They are suspiciously similar to namecoin in concept. $8 million dollars is over twice DRK's current market cap.  If $8 Million flowed into an existing coin and not an IPO then the market cap would actually be an order of magnitude higher than $8 million because most holders actually wouldn't part with their coins at existing prices. Then look at Black Coin. The only innovation Black Coin had was how they set up multi pool which was really still a rip off of the Bitcoin Multi Pool concept, otherwise the coin's concept itself was a rip off of Mintcoin and PeerCoins PoS. I'll give it that it was a unique application of multipool functionality, instead of pointing the multipool at BTC they pointed it at an alt.  Clever, but only a fraction of the cleverness we've seen in the DRK space. And that has gotten BC up to spot 9 on coinmarketcap as of today with $11 Million, AFTER a huge pullback in BC price (4 days ago it was $20 million, ~5x DRK's current market cap).  If DRK gos up to meet or exceed BC in market cap that would put it at at virtually triple today's price.     I think the fundamentals clearly suggest that its a matter of WHEN not IF that happens (at minimum).  Barring any Black Swan events the future is looking rosy for the price indeed and its starting to look very cheap even at the current price.

great post sir.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:55:26 PM

What computer?

Looks like the DRK Explorer. You inviting everyone on for final release / launch drinks?
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:55:42 PM

Hmmm... this reinforces my suspicion that some altcoin pumps are done with hacked BTCs for laundering purposes: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6220365#msg6220365

I guess we'll see a lot of IPO participations, pumps etc with this type of money.
ArpFlush

Activity: 623

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:59:36 PM

After reading a bit on darkcoin and the up-coming events, i went ahead and invested a portion of my BTC holdings. This is quite the promising alt and the future looks rather bright Smiley

Dito, sure it's a good investment!

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
slapper
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1096

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:08:33 PM

Hmmm... this reinforces my suspicion that some altcoin pumps are done with hacked BTCs for laundering purposes: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6220365#msg6220365

I guess we'll see a lot of IPO participations, pumps etc with this type of money.

Absolutely, although Mt.GOX coins will be used for very high level IPOs like Safecoin (Ethereum down the road), BTC sidechains etc among other high profile laundering and liquidation. Blackcoin was just regular BTC whales pumping and dumping.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:24:48 PM

Absolutely, although Mt.GOX coins will be used for very high level IPOs like Safecoin (Ethereum down the road), BTC sidechains etc among other high profile laundering and liquidation. Blackcoin was just regular BTC whales pumping and dumping.

There were tens of thousands of BTCs in erratic buying patterns of the kind that only a BTC holder that doesn't really value their BTC would pull off. And who doesn't value their BTCs? Those who didn't really earn them or pay for them (=they hacked them / stole them etc). I doubt rational investors "saw the light" with BC and started pouring millions to it, panic buying like there's no tomorrow.
Pages: « 1 ... 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 [762] 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: