Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:43:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 [836] 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 01:25:54 AM

Anybody have teamviewer willing to help me get my oldwallet n sync with new wallet I have over 200 coins in wallet stuck I tried to send my coins from old to new but the wallet never synced?
this small venture is paid of course, reasonable offers please

If you tell us what you've done so far someone can probably help you for free...  Smiley
well ive downloaded the new wallet just now, doesn't show the darkcoin that was in the old xcoin wallet. About a month ago I tried to send my darkcoin from my old xcoin wallet into the new darkcoin wallet that I downloaded at the time, after the new wallet synced and didn't show the coin in it. Ive asked a few times here on this thread and had gotten the same answer to find the appdata file which ive finally found today.(LOL) Now I don't remember what to do with it, as well as not knowing which appdata darkcoin file this is, the old or the new?

Can you see your balance in the blockchain if you enter either address?

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/
No nothing for either(old xcoin wallet stuck at 10 weeks behind) can only see what was received from pools when I was mining with cpu on old wallet.

Were they in the old address though? Does it (the blockchain explorer) show them leaving for somewhere?
shows nothing leaving only in on old coin wallet
conf

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:28:01 AM

lol
well played.

2 of my friends want, at least, 20k DRK each.
4k+ ... thats not much Smiley

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:40:52 AM

Nope, they don't need to communicate. The masternode with the money just needs to sign a message with it. That node broadcasts it to the whole network. After than the secondary masternode is good to go.

Could you disconnect the masternode with the money from the network and even send it to cold storage once the secondary masternode is in the network?

that's the whole point of it Cheesy

Yeah, I basically wanted an official confirmation Tongue

Nope, both need to be online. At least for now.

I'm still not understanding the need for the 1000DRK if it isn't getting mixed. Nothing more than a PoS?

It's there as a deterrent.  If anyone could put up as many masternodes as they like, then someone could simply put up more than 50%  of them, and then they'd be in position to record what is going on, and thereby see where coins are going from where.  With the cost of masternodes, it is expensive to build more than 50% of the network, and as the price of darkcoin goes up, it becomes ridiculously expensive.  We only need so many masternodes to secure the decentralized network, after that, more masternodes are a drag on the system, so we hope for a balance.

So yes, it's effectively a type of POS while also providing work.

Kind of a Proof of Stake and Proof of Service rolled together... Better than a pure Proof of Stake, which really serves no purpose at all... It makes Proof of Stake into something more, which actually has a use. You guys are fucking geniuses.

Ah, The elegance of tying so many things together... PoS payout for providing a service to the network, also limits masternodes, creates a coin with PoS and PoW (PoS that actually requires that you do something for the network, not just hold the stuff) in it, while facilitating the anonymity function, and we're right back to the beginning of the loop... Beautiful. It's the kind of paradoxical working ruleset that makes all cryptos function, but this is the only CryptoCoin that has this one. Could also be extensible to shortchaining so clients don't need the whole blockchain, and masternodes can be used as blockchain repositories... Centralized without being centralized, and those who run the masternode get paid for providing that service proportional to the job just like the darksend they already do... Fucking perfect.
Im also aware that NXT has anonymous transactions in the pipeline and as far as im aware, it uses a similar coin mixing technology like DRK.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Simcom

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:42:47 AM

Apologies if this has been answered before.

If I have 3000 Dark and want to create 3 masternodes, Do I need to put 1000 Dark into 3 separate wallets on 3 separate servers.

Or can I have all 3000 dark sitting in 1 wallet on a secured server and I will get 3 tickets/chances to allow me to be selected as a masternode during the random selection process?

Thanks!!!

You need to have 3 separate wallets w/ three different static IPs
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:46:10 AM

Kind of a Proof of Stake and Proof of Service rolled together... Better than a pure Proof of Stake, which really serves no purpose at all... It makes Proof of Stake into something more, which actually has a use. You guys are fucking geniuses.

Ah, The elegance of tying so many things together... PoS payout for providing a service to the network, also limits masternodes, creates a coin with PoS and PoW (PoS that actually requires that you do something for the network, not just hold the stuff) in it, while facilitating the anonymity function, and we're right back to the beginning of the loop... Beautiful. It's the kind of paradoxical working ruleset that makes all cryptos function, but this is the only CryptoCoin that has this one. Could also be extensible to shortchaining so clients don't need the whole blockchain, and masternodes can be used as blockchain repositories... Centralized without being centralized, and those who run the masternode get paid for providing that service proportional to the job just like the darksend they already do... Fucking perfect.

Anonymint, bless his annoying little heart, actually pulled a lot of this out of Evan a couple of weeks ago.  I've noticed he hasn't come around again lately, and can't help but wonder if he's pissed that he actually help out so much, ROFL.  I don't think he'd ever received so much praise in his life!  But yes, this is why I think Darkcoin with Evan and Kyle and all those wonderful people that help out by compiling windows, creating miners, making tutorials, etc... is going to be an amazing coin.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Simcom

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:48:05 AM

Anybody have teamviewer willing to help me get my oldwallet n sync with new wallet I have over 200 coins in wallet stuck I tried to send my coins from old to new but the wallet never synced?

If you tell us what you've done so far someone can probably help you for free...  Smiley
well ive downloaded the new wallet just now, doesn't show the darkcoin that was in the old xcoin wallet. About a month ago I tried to send my darkcoin from my old xcoin wallet into the new darkcoin wallet that I downloaded at the time, after the new wallet synced and didn't show the coin in it. Ive asked a few times here on this thread and had gotten the same answer to find the appdata file which ive finally found today.(LOL) Now I don't remember what to do with it, as well as not knowing which appdata darkcoin file this is, the old or the new?

Can you see your balance in the blockchain if you enter either address?

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/
No nothing for either(old xcoin wallet stuck at 10 weeks behind) can only see what was received from pools when I was mining with cpu on old wallet.

Were they in the old address though? Does it (the blockchain explorer) show them leaving for somewhere?
shows nothing leaving only in on old coin wallet

You need to find the wallet.dat file for that old xcoin wallet.  copy it - make a backup of that file.  Then install a new wallet, in the appdata/roaming folder paste in your xcoin wallet.dat - then open the new wallet, your coins will be there

If you somehow managed to delete that original xcoin wallet.dat file - your coins are gone forever.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:49:51 AM

If I have 3000 Dark and want to create 3 masternodes, Do I need to put 1000 Dark into 3 separate wallets on 3 separate servers.

Or can I have all 3000 dark sitting in 1 wallet on a secured server and I will get 3 tickets/chances to allow me to be selected as a masternode during the random selection process?

Thanks!!!

You need to have 3 separate wallets w/ three different static IPs

Perfect, thanks for the help Smiley
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:52:11 AM

If you tell us what you've done so far someone can probably help you for free...  Smiley

Oh gosh, Angus, I'm sorry this has been so hard for you.  What you need to do at this point, I think, is to try replacing the wallet.dat file with each of your backup wallet.dat files until you find your coins.  

What I would do is name them, like 1wallet.dat, 2wallet.dat , etc...  Then try each one out.  When you try them out, you have to change the name to wallet.dat.  This file is in the folder you just finally found, and you should be able to see the wallet.dat file in there.  Keep track of which wallet is which and I hope you find your coin now finally!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:53:33 AM

anyone else cant login cryptsy?

Yup, clear your cashe, then log in again.  Something screwy there ;P

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:56:21 AM

I have some more wallet questions. Apologies in advance if this is very newbie-ish, as I'm used to just downloading a wallet, unzipping... and that's it.

I first tried the mac wallet, but it can't find the blocksource. I tried it a second time after re-installing, and it then kept crashing on startup for me.

So I am trying the win wallet now. I tried to find http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoinqt.
exe listed on the front page pdf, but it leads nowhere.

So instead just downloaded what is on the 1st page of the coin's website, which seems to at least be starting to sync properly. It's 9.1.2 beta wallet. So it'll be fine if I just use this one, and is it an old one, or newer version? Is this the wallet I should be using?

If I want to get coins from an ancient wallet moved over, I just need to replace the dat from my backup I previously made, right? And with the wallet closed, I assume.

Yes, just replace the wallet.dat Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:01:39 AM

Nope, they don't need to communicate. The masternode with the money just needs to sign a message with it. That node broadcasts it to the whole network. After than the secondary masternode is good to go.

So if I read this correctly what Evan is saying is that once the machine that doesn't hold the 1k drk get's approved by the one with the 1k drk it's a master node and the machine that holds the dark is no longer required allowing you to backup your wallet and put it away for safe keeping. Am I right?

But in that case I'm confused about how the collateral will work. Where will the .1 drk fee for bad actors come from? Or are we way past that point?

I could swear I read that differently last time I saw it?  Was it updated/corrected by Evan?  Weird how you can read something wrong....

Anyway, the .1 drk fee is still there for "bad players" but is only for those that are trying to DarkSend coins, not the masternodes.

Question I have is where will the payments for the masternodes be deposited?  LOL.  Just details though...

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:04:01 AM

Ohp, yup, did see that, LOL

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:05:21 AM

He won't know how to check that, hopefully, with an updated wallet, he can check each .dat file and find it (fingers crossed)

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 02:06:48 AM

If you tell us what you've done so far someone can probably help you for free...  Smiley

Oh gosh, Angus, I'm sorry this has been so hard for you.  What you need to do at this point, I think, is to try replacing the wallet.dat file with each of your backup wallet.dat files until you find your coins.  

What I would do is name them, like 1wallet.dat, 2wallet.dat , etc...  Then try each one out.  When you try them out, you have to change the name to wallet.dat.  This file is in the folder you just finally found, and you should be able to see the wallet.dat file in there.  Keep track of which wallet is which and I hope you find your coin now finally!
ok dumb question how do I make the backup files and how do I know which wallet.dat file this is, there is only one file of this?
ErrorId

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:07:36 AM

I don't get how the 2 machine masternode setup is more secure. If someone can break into either, your setup is toast. And the wallet's security is independent of the machines hosting it -- it relies on the strength of your password & the encryption algorithm. I can't see how the 2 machine configuration helps at all.

Because your master node IP is static, broadcast to the network, and an attacker knows 1000 DRK is on it. Your local machine IP is not listed on the master node list with the 2 machine setup and there are no coins on the server that's running the master node. Double win.

If we could get a port of Armory for Darkcoin you could theoretically do all this with the coins in cold storage. Triple win.

Masternode has to communicate with the node holding the coins, to verify the 1000 DRK are there. So if the masternode can do that, so can an attacker who has compromised the masternode. From there, they just need to break into the secondary node holding the wallet, which will presumably have no better security than the one they already broke into.

I very much doubt the remote master node knows the private keys, because as you have pointed out, it would be of no advantage.

The way I'm thinking about this is that an attacker follows this path:

Get static IP of masternode --> compromise masternode --> figure out IP of secondary node by [magic] --> compromise secondary node

The [magic] part I'm assuming must be possible because the masternode must at some point communicate with the secondary node. But maybe there's some reason why this is infeasible?

So if I read this correctly what Evan is saying is that once the machine that doesn't hold the 1k drk get's approved by the one with the 1k drk it's a master node and the machine that holds the dark is no longer required allowing you to backup your wallet and put it away for safe keeping. Am I right?

But in that case I'm confused about how the collateral will work. Where will the .1 drk fee for bad actors come from? Or are we way past that point?

Could you disconnect the masternode with the money from the network and even send it to cold storage once the secondary masternode is in the network?

that's the whole point of it Cheesy

Yeah, I basically wanted an official confirmation Tongue

So it's in the works. Thanks.
ErrorId

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:08:17 AM

lol
well played.

2 of my friends want, at least, 20k DRK each.
4k+ ... thats not much Smiley
I hope you're friends have bought already or have really deep pockets.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:09:10 AM

Thanks!!!

Right now, run 3 masternodes with 1000 in each
or
run 3 masternodes on a server with 3 corresponding masternodes on another server

for the future, I think you could:
run 3 masternodes "B" on 3 server opening each one, one at a time with a personal computer running a masternode "A", when finished starting the server "B", you can put the wallet that was running masternode A into cold storage, and take it off your machine.  Do that 3 times, and it'll be the safest option for your setup.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
ErrorId

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:11:15 AM

I could swear I read that differently last time I saw it?  Was it updated/corrected by Evan?  Weird how you can read something wrong....

Anyway, the .1 drk fee is still there for "bad players" but is only for those that are trying to DarkSend coins, not the masternodes.

Question I have is where will the payments for the masternodes be deposited?  LOL.  Just details though...
Sorry, got confused, you're right masters have nothing to do with it. Yeah I wonder about where the payments will go too.
ErnieRox

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

Novus ordo seclorum

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:11:29 AM

missing DRK coins sent to poloniex from  mintpal and crypsy, anyone else have this problem? their on the blockchain but nowhere to be found and poloniex say they dont have them? odd  Tongue

The blockchain doesn't lie. Push poloniex for your coins, send them a link to the blockchain.

they found my coins after a few tickets Smiley thanx everybody  Grin
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:13:02 AM

Thanks!!!

Right now, run 3 masternodes with 1000 in each
or
run 3 masternodes on a server with 3 corresponding masternodes on another server

for the future, I think you could:
run 3 masternodes "B" on 3 server opening each one, one at a time with a personal computer running a masternode "A", when finished starting the server "B", you can put the wallet that was running masternode A into cold storage, and take it off your machine.  Do that 3 times, and it'll be the safest option for your setup.

Pages: « 1 ... 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 [836] 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: