Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:42:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 [948] 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722457 times)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:12:24 AM

The highest point was
on
26th April

lets see when we beat this …>>>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 02:14:30 AM

Firstly, this is not intended to be an act of trolling. I was quite heavily invested in Dark, and believed in it's cause.

However, I would like you to carefully consider your position.

The darksend option of anonymity could be smashed by the NSA quite easily.

The anonymity market share you own - on the assumption that darksend works flawlessly - is about to be overtaken by Monero, and similar clones.

Their anonymity solution is superior to yours, developed by hackers. A purely trustless solution.

Good luck to you all, but buyer beware.

https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf

PS. Darkwallet also should not be underestimated, simply because you don't like it...

While zeroknowledge proofs are neat just imagine the blockchain sitting there for 10 years accumulating your data, then one of a few things happen:

1.) The key used to start the system was never destroyed and was kept the entire time so a very powerful entity could see everything that goes on
2.) An exploit is found and suddenly the entire blockchain is cleartext

Darksend has no such vulnerabilities. The encryption we use could be completely broken and all of the transactions that have happened would still be anonymous.

Darksend relies on a collateral system - 1000drks per masternode, randomly selected masternodes, and these nodes sign off on the pooled transactions.

Sounds safe...how much money do you think the NSA has? How easy to simply stockpile virtually all the darks out there, and have the majority of masternodes running...

Sorry Evan but they are laughing at this solution...they will simply allow your network to grow, allow users to feel safe and protected, yet know the vast majority of transactions.

The only real solution to anonymity is encrypted packets of information, that are visible on the network by can only be decrypted by the intended recipient using their private key.

You are a smart, well intended dev. You have a loyal team, you have done well. But your solution is flawed.

This was solved by using multiple iterations through many masternodes. Users can pick how secure and private they want their transactions to be. To actually know who spent what, you would have to control every masternode from start to end.

Plus, I'm implementing I2P into the masternodes. We're going to have our own private network just for DarkSend.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:15:00 AM

The highest point was
on
26th April

Im pretty sure the high today ws .54 and were gonna hit about .80 by sunday. + on th 14th its gonna skyrocket even more. This will be a good week fellas! Lots of money to be made :DDDD

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
panicbuythenpanicsell

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:17:48 AM

The highest point was
on
26th April

Im pretty sure the high today ws .54 and were gonna hit about .80 by sunday. + on th 14th its gonna skyrocket even more. This will be a good week fellas! Lots of money to be made :DDDD

People who are aware of this coin will buy before the 14th (in anticipation of a price rise), not after. That is, I assume, why the price is going up now. Why would the price rise even more right after the 14th?
enzo86

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:19:17 AM

is testnet down again ?

I think the connections were maxed out, try again.

I see everything hung up 5 hrs behind on block 3562,  my MN is also not seeing anyone else on TN:

{
    "version" : 100701,
    "protocolversion" : 70014,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 9792.50050899,
    "blocks" : 3562,
    "timeoffset" : -1,
    "connections" : 5,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.08222917,
    "testnet" : true,
    "keypoololdest" : 1399582516,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : ""

mn list
{
    "99.173.XX.XXX:19999" : 1
}

darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:30:19 AM

Firstly, this is not intended to be an act of trolling. I was quite heavily invested in Dark, and believed in it's cause.

The anonymity market share you own - on the assumption that darksend works flawlessly - is about to be overtaken by Monero, and similar clones.

Their anonymity solution is superior to yours, developed by hackers. A purely trustless solution.

PS. Darkwallet also should not be underestimated, simply because you don't like it...

While zeroknowledge proofs are neat just imagine the blockchain sitting there for 10 years accumulating your data, then one of a few things happen:

1.) The key used to start the system was never destroyed and was kept the entire time so a very powerful entity could see everything that goes on

Darksend has no such vulnerabilities. The encryption we use could be completely broken and all of the transactions that have happened would still be anonymous.

Darksend relies on a collateral system - 1000drks per masternode, randomly selected masternodes, and these nodes sign off on the pooled transactions.

Sounds safe...how much money do you think the NSA has? How easy to simply stockpile virtually all the darks out there, and have the majority of masternodes running...

Sorry Evan but they are laughing at this solution...they will simply allow your network to grow, allow users to feel safe and protected, yet know the vast majority of transactions.

The only real solution to anonymity is encrypted packets of information, that are visible on the network by can only be decrypted by the intended recipient using their private key.

You are a smart, well intended dev. You have a loyal team, you have done well. But your solution is flawed.

This was solved by using multiple iterations through many masternodes. Users can pick how secure and private they want their transactions to be. To actually know who spent what, you would have to control every masternode from start to end.

Plus, I'm implementing I2P into the masternodes. We're going to have our own private network just for DarkSend.
And then there was one.
ac2

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:31:22 AM

Yep, very easy - and not that expensive - to do.

Every masternode has access to the transaction info for that iteration.

This is NOT anonymity. This is a hack solution, hoping that an adversary does not control the masternodes the network asigns to your solution, on the assumption that it is too expensive for said adversary to own enough masternodes.

Read up on Monero (and no i do not own coins...yet). The solutions put forward - although simple in their user implementation - are well though through mathematical solutions.

Darksend is, well, quite hack. It relies on the false premise that it will be too expensive for an adversary to exploit...

FALSE FALSE FALSE.

Buyer beware. Well no....buyer will do ok. User beware, your transactions are not anonymous
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 02:34:36 AM

This is NOT anonymity. This is a hack solution, hoping that an adversary does not control the masternodes the network asigns to your solution, on the assumption that it is too expensive for said adversary to own enough masternodes.

Read up on Monero (and no i do not own coins...yet). The solutions put forward - although simple in their user implementation - are well though through mathematical solutions.

Darksend is, well, quite hack. It relies on the false premise that it will be too expensive for an adversary to exploit...

FALSE FALSE FALSE.

Buyer beware. Well no....buyer will do ok. User beware, your transactions are not anonymous

You keep saying the same thing over and over again without answering my original points.

1.) How do you know the key was destroyed? What if they faked it?
2.) What happens when an exploit is discovered and the entire blockchain is cleartext in 10 years.

Good luck... sounds like a honeypot.

I'd rather stick with proven technology that's easy to understand. Looking at the market cap, many people agree with me.

Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:36:35 AM

We must buy some Asia Coins instead ?  Smiley That smell like trolling, you came here with some agenda.  Roll Eyes
zombie6

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:36:49 AM

FALSE FALSE FALSE.

FUD?
enzo86

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:37:40 AM

Ok i am putting some HashRate on the testnet pool, not blocks are moving along.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 02:37:54 AM

is testnet down again ?

I think the connections were maxed out, try again.

I see everything hung up 5 hrs behind on block 3562,  my MN is also not seeing anyone else on TN:

{
    "balance" : 9792.50050899,
    "blocks" : 3562,
    "timeoffset" : -1,
    "connections" : 5,
    "difficulty" : 0.08222917,
    "testnet" : true,
    "keypoololdest" : 1399582516,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,

mn list
{
    "99.173.XX.XXX:19999" : 1
}

Apparently I'm the only miner and my rig was frozen! I started it back up.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:41:24 AM

More mn aggravation:

I can only see one of my masternodes when I run 'masternode list' from the mn itself, it does not show up from elsewhere.

On the mn, getinfo gives:
{
    "balance" : 1000.00000000,
    "blocks" : 65867,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 11,
    "difficulty" : 1206.83445281,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1399685720,
    "keypoolsize" : 100,
    "unlocked_until" : 0,
}
so it's connected and up to date. nmap shows ports 9998,9999 open on mn.

darkcoin.conf is:

rpcuser=random_user
rpcpassword=random_password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=256
externalip=xx.xx.xx.xx
masternode=1
addnode=23.23.186.131

externalip is correct

Was previously trying to run this with a local wallet, was having problems with IP:0 showing on mn list, so made a new wallet, addr 0, which now lives on the mn, mn starts just fine.

Any suggestions?

LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 02:43:59 AM

Are you thinking of anoncoin? AFAIK cryptonote doesn't have that problem, but I could be wrong.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:45:38 AM

Your premise is that it's easy to buy the DRKs. However this goes contrary to market operation, in that escalating demand makes the price to skyrocket disproportionately as the available supply diminishes.

Ie the first one million DRKs you can purchase for, say, $3 per coin making you a bill of 3m usd. The second million coins will cost way more, like $30 (30mn usd). The third million will cost 300$ per coin to gather from 50% to 75% of the coins and that's at 300mn usd for that million.

The last 25% will be in the billions in terms of price. And then you have to buy the daily supply of, say, 7000 coins x 1000 usd each = 7mn per day... And if you do that, then you have to do that also to every coin having DarkSend implemented. So every coin that launches (or implements) DarkSend will be a quick target for NSA acquisition, so it's a guaranteed price success, so new clone coins would be guaranteed sell-offs to the NSA which will be, in a sense, turned to cryptoland's cashcow which we we will be gladly milking as we sell our DarkSend enabled coins and mine new ones etc. And the NSA will do that, while, as you say, there is cryptonote out there, or zerocoin tech etc etc.

From a game theory perspective, they'll have to find another vector. This would be too costly with too little reward, even for their budget - primarily because it's a never-ending game.

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 02:46:07 AM

Are you thinking of anoncoin? AFAIK cryptonote doesn't have that problem, but I could be wrong.

"Other issues include the RSA private key used to initiate the accumulator, which must be trusted to be destroyed by the generating party"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:50:33 AM

Your premise is that it's easy to buy the DRKs. However this goes contrary to market operation, in that escalating demand makes the price to skyrocket disproportionately as the available supply diminishes.

Ie the first one million DRKs you can purchase for, say, $3 per coin making you a bill of 3m usd. The second million coins will cost way more, like $30 (30mn usd). The third million will cost 300$ per coin to gather from 50% to 75% of the coins and that's at 300mn usd for that million.

The last 25% will be in the billions in terms of price. And then you have to buy the daily supply of, say, 7000 coins x 1000 usd each = 7mn per day... And if you do that, then you have to do that also to every coin having DarkSend implemented. So every coin that launches (or implements) DarkSend will be a quick target for NSA acquisition, so it's a guaranteed price success, so new clone coins would be guaranteed sell-offs to the NSA which will be, in a sense, turned to cryptoland's cashcow which we we will be gladly milking as we sell our DarkSend enabled coins and mine new ones etc. And the NSA will do that, while, as you say, there is cryptonote out there, or zerocoin tech etc etc.

From a game theory perspective, they'll have to find another vector. This would be too costly with too little reward, even for their budget - primarily because it's a never-ending game.

Trolls don't bother with facts. If he replies to your post I bet that he will say the same thing again.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:51:56 AM

I don't believe for a second that anyone at the NSA has bought a single dark, we're coming up on their blind side.  They simply can't function that quickly.  Those at the decision making levels haven't taken notice of us, who are we?  Even if they did, they'd need over 50% of the masternode, and with several levels of mixing the transactions, there only needs to be one masternode in there that they don't control.  So when finished, if each darksend transaction goes through 5 levels of mixing, I don't even think 75% control would do it.  Certainly not consistently, they'd have to get lucky.

I know the idea is to hide from the NSA, but my interest is hiding from the public, and I believe this does a better job.  Clean, simple, using logic rather than math that I don't understand.  If I can't understand it, I don't want to deal with it.  It's good we have personal choice like this.  I see absolutely no flaw in Evan's take on privacy

Wink

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 02:55:53 AM

"Other issues include the RSA private key used to initiate the accumulator, which must be trusted to be destroyed by the generating party"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

They're talking about zerocoin there, right? Section topic is "How does this compare to other anonymous solutions?"

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:57:59 AM

You keep saying the same thing over and over again without answering my original points.

2.) What happens when an exploit is discovered and the entire blockchain is cleartext in 10 years.

Good luck... sounds like a honeypot.

I'd rather stick with proven technology that's easy to understand. Looking at the market cap, many people agree with me.

+1

Looks like we're doing ok, the trolls are visiting again  Cheesy Wink

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 ... 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 [948] 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: