Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:18:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 [2310] 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722723 times)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:45:44 PM

Ermm... Anyone else notice this on github?

https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin/commit/dc4300955a99bb4c7aad494f563fd3788a34e691

// These need to be macros, as version.cpp's and bitcoin-qt.rc's voodoo requires it
  #define CLIENT_VERSION_MAJOR       0
  #define CLIENT_VERSION_MINOR       9
 -#define CLIENT_VERSION_REVISION    11
 -#define CLIENT_VERSION_BUILD       6
 +#define CLIENT_VERSION_REVISION    12
 +#define CLIENT_VERSION_BUILD       0

// Set to true for release, false for prerelease or test build
  #define CLIENT_VERSION_IS_RELEASE  true

Always a good sign seeing this in code! Wink
cryptozim

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:50:18 PM

...[picture snipped]...

only a very short one today, I barely have any time at hand these days...  Cry

Godammit. I'm at work. Putting a small black dot over naked boobs does not make them "Safe for work."

Maybe you should be working eh? Wink

Blasphemer!

BTC: 15h26g3SUu6iXUi1phv5FHmASc5hDeGHpJ | LSK: 840098997497226041L | CSC: cMsbRGMLzu7Ss8L7Vv6osksUyt5P322uxS
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 08:50:30 PM

any info, link or data on that?
Common sense... I also did not document and link to authority that most people wipe their asses with toilet paper.
only 640GH/s on LTC now, and thats scrypt hash rate... will be much lower if converted to X11 hash rate...
http://liteshack.com/?coin=ltc
I'm sure there are more video cards than that in the world...

The root point being, there's enough hashpower out there to go waaayyy past 50% if they all showed up at once... waffle did it with a fraction... waffle and LTC != universe.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
novaboy2k

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:51:35 PM

Still cup and handle on the 1 hour

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/drkbtc

It that a good sign or bad sign?

normally that means a sharp rise in price... a good sign therefore.
i'm not sure i'm seeing the cup and handle just yet though.

Yeh we need a nice drop to 114-115 then id say its cup+handle

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 08:53:11 PM

...[picture un-snipped]...

only a very short one today, I barely have any time at hand these days...  Cry
Godammit. I'm at work. Putting a small black dot over naked boobs does not make them "Safe for work."
Maybe you should be working eh? Wink
Blasphemer!
I don't see why there has to be a small black dot. Why not just have naked boobs? You ashamed of body parts? Do hormones, not conscious thought, control you? I'd prefer the original, thanks!

If you're at work, you shouldn't be here anyway.

In fact, georgem, PM me the no-dot version for some DRK. These slave/prude hybrids can't take it...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
goodluckpool

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:56:19 PM

Common sense... I also did not document and link to authority that most people wipe their asses with toilet paper.
only 640GH/s on LTC now, and thats scrypt hash rate... will be much lower if converted to X11 hash rate...

The root point being, there's enough hashpower out there to go waaayyy past 50% if they all showed up at once... waffle did it with a fraction... waffle and LTC != universe.

agree.
the way I see it, LTC + VTC + DRK + URO + CRYPT = about most of the GPU hashing power out there... because nobody hashing BTC with GPU anymore.
so, 10-20% of world's GPU is already on DRK...
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 09:00:31 PM

agree.
the way I see it, LTC + VTC + DRK + URO + CRYPT = about most of the GPU hashing power out there... because nobody hashing BTC with GPU anymore.
So that means, best case, 80% could land here...

USB key x11 ASICs can't happen soon enough, IMNSHO.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:01:54 PM

what is the status? the thread is way to long

Here you go.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-updates-july-15th.1788/
goodluckpool

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:04:30 PM

agree.

Why do you wish low power ASIC on DRK or X11? that will only reduce the cost of mining and profit the ASIC equipment makers, and what am I gonna to do with my GPU farm?
blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:10:46 PM

I was thinking about how much money is needed to keep the same price, regarding to coins generated per day and did some little calc.

Bitcoin 616$ ~3600 per day  = 2.217.600 $ per day
Litecoin 8,32$ ~30.000 per day = 249.600$ per day
Darkcoin 5,89$ ~2880 per day = 16.963$ per day

I was flabbergasted when I saw these figures, am I doing it wrong Huh

Yes, there should be *one* decimal place in any given number!  And it should be after the last integer! Angry

Grin

The last integer should be a decimal

There is bigger things in life than life
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 09:15:46 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2014, 09:31:30 PM by camosoul

agree.

Why do you wish low power ASIC on DRK or X11? that will only reduce the cost of mining and profit the ASIC equipment makers, and what am I gonna to do with my GPU farm?
I don't care about money hosers, I care about security of the coin.

DIFF is way too high for it to have the same impact on DRK as it has on other coins.

They can be made much cheaper and drastically more energy efficient.

If every DRK supporter plugged in a 5MH/s USB key and forgot about it, the DRK network would be stronger than BTC's.

Mining for profit is almost dead. The PoSers think they have a solution. They do not.

Hybrid work proof is the future. PoW/PoService hybrids, to be exact. DRK is the one.

Mining at zero cost with a $25 USB key that uses no measurable power and blows your mining rigs out of the water is the future of supporting the network.

It's going to happen anyway. Being a money hoser that's mad his money hose is no good anymore isn't going to stop evolution.

DIFF too high for the current thinking on ASICs. Giant box, huge power bill, crazy diff...

Micro ASICs are the only thing that will make sense. The market will find the vacuum and fill it no matter how many GPU miner tears there are.

DRK will then have a way more powerful and way more distributed wad of hashpower. It will cost next to nothing and it won't be worth mining any other way for any other reason.

Conventional huge-box huge-power ASICs may mine other coins, but they'll look like a fool on DRK, while also being no threat to the massive distributed hashpower of micro ASICs.

They'll be cheap enough that switching algo, which is already crypto-suicide, won't make sense and will lack motivation.

My crystal ball is better than yours. I just suck are Ouija boards.

There are tons of casual miners who do so only when it requires no real investment. Micro ASICs are no real investment. Also, no real payout. They might pay for themselves at the lower price point when the ASIC MFRs are forced to keep their margins low. Which is why it'll be a long time from now before it even happens...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
goodluckpool

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:31:26 PM

agree.

1) I don;'t care about money hosers, I care about security of the coin.

2) DIFF is way too high for it to have the same impact on DRK as it has on other coins.

3) They can be made much cheaper and drastically more energy efficient.

4) If every DRK supporter plugged in a 5MH/s USB key and forgot about it, the DRK network would be stronger than BTC's.

5) Mining for profit is almost dead. The PoSers think they have a solution. They do not.

6) Hybrid work proof is the future. PoW/PoService hybrids, to be exact. DRK is the one.

7) Mining at zero cost with a $25 USB key that uses no measurable power and blows your mining rigs out of the water is the future of supporting the network.

Cool It's going to happen anyway. Being a money hoser that's mad his money hose is no good anymore isn't going to stop evolution.

9) DIFF too high for the current thinking on ASICs. Giant box, huge power bill, crazy diff...

10) Micro ASICs are the only thing that will make sense. The market will find the vacuum and fill it no matter how many GPU miner tears there are.

11) DRK will then have a way more powerful and way more distributed wad of hashpower. It will cost next to nothing and it won't be worth mining any other way for any other reason.

12) Conventional huge-box huge-power ASICs may mine other coins, but they'll look like a fool on DRK, while also being no threat to the massive distributed hashpower of micro ASICs.

13) They'll be cheap enough that switching algo, which is already crypto-suicide, won't make sense and will lack motivation.

14) My crystal ball is better than yours. I just suck are Ouija boards.

my only concern is for the price of DRK to go to the moon, I still don't see ASIC will help that, with the current high cost of mining DRK with GPU, at least it provides a minimum price support.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 09:33:48 PM

my only concern is for the price of DRK to go to the moon, I still don't see ASIC will help that, with the current high cost of mining DRK with GPU, at least it provides a minimum price support.
Mining cost will detach when it gains market accepts and actually gets used as a currency. We're still in the pre-moon stage. It has to be moon-worthy first, then it goes there. DRK has the moon-worthy plan, and it's actually happening. This is what the long hodlers know. I am one of them.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
novaboy2k

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:41:27 PM

Mining cost will detach when it gains market accepts and actually gets used as a currency. We're still in the pre-moon stage. It has to be moon-worthy first, then it goes there. DRK has the moon-worthy plan, and it's actually happening. This is what the long hodlers know. I am one of them.

here here

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
goodluckpool

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:48:33 PM

Its gonna happen, with low supply of the coin, more master nodes,(1000 master nodes = 1M coins hoarding), no more screwups, I am holding, but shaken by the recent price action... fingers crossed.
blajde

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:58:50 PM

Hey guys,

In case you missed it, Cloak just made the frontpage of the biggest darkweb news site on the net.

http://www.deepdotweb.com/2014/07/17/cloakcoin-promises-holy-grail-cryptocurrency-anonymity/

USD/Cloak pairing coming in the next week as well on www.hitbitc.com

Look forward to seeing the new Darksend+, finally nice to see some healthy competition in the anon space.

Please don't link shit written by people made of shit, mkay
blajde

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:03:28 PM

Yep, have a node that earned 1 DRK in 22 days - folks here suggest this is a natural result of random distribution which I am afraid it is not.
Yep, I have studied probability & statistics so do not try that one on me.
If there is 45% chance of getting paid on any day, what is the probability of getting 1 positive result out of 22?   You tell me :-)
In a bigger scheme of things I do not mind but the distribution is far from random.

If I weren't so lazy, er, um, busy, I would have redone my masternode (see above) with a new ip etc to get rid of the bad luck, LOL.  What I'm trying to say is that you could just reset it to see if your luck changes.  Then again, sometimes I think that all the bad luck has passed and my node is due for some good luck?? 

Like I said, that's why it's nice having 2 nodes because it is more likely to even out.

typical gamblers habit.. "I've lost so many times, the next one should be a win.. " -- odds are still the same
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:06:54 PM

Hey guys,

In case you missed it, Cloak just made the frontpage of the biggest darkweb news site on the net.

http://www.deepdotweb.com/2014/07/17/cloakcoin-promises-holy-grail-cryptocurrency-anonymity/

USD/Cloak pairing coming in the next week as well on www.hitbitc.com

Look forward to seeing the new Darksend+, finally nice to see some healthy competition in the anon space.

Please don't link shit written by people made of shit, mkay

Lets play the coinjoinsudoku game.  You will lose.
blajde

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:09:52 PM

boom time?

Boom boom time.

With cherries on top
THIS is info! Thnx coins
3,2,1 ignition

Fools! Darkproton is controlling you like pawns... I just got rid of half my dark. Hes selling this time. I see your game Proton, and Im ready to play. I for one wont be left holding the bag... I love dark but I see a large drop coming.

is it your own head falling to the ground?
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 10:10:51 PM

Yep, have a node that earned 1 DRK in 22 days - folks here suggest this is a natural result of random distribution which I am afraid it is not.
Yep, I have studied probability & statistics so do not try that one on me.
If there is 45% chance of getting paid on any day, what is the probability of getting 1 positive result out of 22?   You tell me :-)
In a bigger scheme of things I do not mind but the distribution is far from random.
If I weren't so lazy, er, um, busy, I would have redone my masternode (see above) with a new ip etc to get rid of the bad luck, LOL.  What I'm trying to say is that you could just reset it to see if your luck changes.  Then again, sometimes I think that all the bad luck has passed and my node is due for some good luck?? 

Like I said, that's why it's nice having 2 nodes because it is more likely to even out.
typical gamblers habit.. "I've lost so many times, the next one should be a win.. " -- odds are still the same
Bet AGAINST the streak. I've never walked away from a roulette table with less money than I approached with... There's no substitute for knowing what you're dealing with and having self-control.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Pages: « 1 ... 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 [2310] 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: