Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:51:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:36:15 PM

UP did u check http://cowobo.org     coders without borders? They seem to have the same values of NEM .  Please look it up if you have time.  Smiley

Nice page!
Thanks for the link.

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:58:07 PM

Another point I want to stress (which I've mentioned before): I'm getting anxious with the lack of a logo. The logos found in the OP here and on the NEM subreddit are different and below par (In my opinion; absolutely no offence to the creators. I couldn't do better!). It's hurting NEM's image. Either you or Utopian need to make a decision soon! NEM is now getting too large to have no brand associated with it. Smiley

Logo will be decided by the community !
I've also stressed that point a few times but I guess UP wants to wait a little to make sure all proposals make their way here Smiley

utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:59:47 PM

Needs to be a big countdown clock on the site for when it launches.. Set up email alerts for the day before launch.. People see the timer sign up for alert check out the forum and get facinAted by the community then they eegerly await the luanch get the alert so they dont miss it and then buy on luanch! Job done.. You can market the luanch of nem rather then just nem.. Make the luanch a really big thing!

+1

This could be maybe done on the www.ournem.com webpage
but not before when the precise development timeline is defined.

i am not sure how to setup a timer there. NEM launch will be big anyway. But it may take quite sometimes for us to get there. At this point, I am still soliciting good coders to make other services around NEM, moreover if you can contribute to the core development, contact me or Jaguar.

I'm not sure if i have enough qualification
to contribute the the core development as I suppose a good understanding
of cryptography is required and also the free time that i have is limited I'm afraid i would not
be able to keep up with the deadlines :-/

Anyway can you tell more about the services around NEM?
You already planned some services around NEM to be ready and launched when NEM goes online?
Are you seeking someone to implement the "your" the dev team ideas?

Related to timer i can check this days how to set up a timer on the page so in future
when will be needed this can be done easily.

Currently, the core codes are being developed by Jaguar, Gimre, Theis and Makoto. Rico will join soon and BloodyRoockie will join at some point. There will be some milestones announced after the public auditing but do expect some changes given that codes are built from scratches.

I like to have a site similar to localbitcoin for NEM as early as possible so I am looking for people doing that. There are also many ideas throwing around as well but imo core development is the most important aspect at this point.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:22:10 PM

Currently, the core codes are being developed by Jaguar, Gimre, Theis and Makoto. Rico will join soon and BloodyRoockie will join at some point. There will be some milestones announced after the public auditing but do expect some changes given that codes are built from scratches.

I like to have a site similar to localbitcoin for NEM as early as possible so I am looking for people doing that. There are also many ideas throwing around as well but imo core development is the most important aspect at this point.

I agree. Being able to exchange fiat for NEM would be a huge boost. It would enable it to stand on it's own two feet as a currency, rather than 'just some other altcoin' which you have to go through Bitcoin to get hold of. I really wish I was a programmer/computer scientist, I want to help out with development but can't. Sad

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:24:42 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 03:36:09 PM by TauMuon

Also, what do you think of arranging some kind of organised search for more developers? We could all post an 'ad' in various different forums and collaborate our results. Just a thought; you've got 3000 people at your whim!

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:36:52 PM

Also, what do you think of arranging some kind of organised search for more developers? We could all post an 'ad' in various different forums and collaborate our results. Just a thought; you've got 3000 people at your whim haha!

Soliciting good people is one of my main job at the moment, but I don't believe in general advertisement for this thing. Look at Mastercoin for example, they have much bigger names and funding, still very difficult for them to get talented to commit. We are lucky to have Jaguar, Gimre, Theis and Makoto and i will see if we need more people in any particular areas.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:42:09 PM

Needs to be a big countdown clock on the site for when it launches.. Set up email alerts for the day before launch.. People see the timer sign up for alert check out the forum and get facinAted by the community then they eegerly await the luanch get the alert so they dont miss it and then buy on luanch! Job done.. You can market the luanch of nem rather then just nem.. Make the luanch a really big thing!

+1

i am not sure how to setup a timer there. NEM launch will be big anyway. But it may take quite sometimes for us to get there. At this point, I am still soliciting good coders to make other services around NEM, moreover if you can contribute to the core development, contact me or Jaguar.

of cryptography is required and also the free time that i have is limited I'm afraid i would not

You already planned some services around NEM to be ready and launched when NEM goes online?

Related to timer i can check this days how to set up a timer on the page so in future

I have posted Jaguar about the possibility of making an exchange for fiat <---> NEM. I am able to do the legal works regarding the site. I will send you the same post that I sent to Jaguar so you get a clearer picture.
lstern

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:47:12 PM

+1

As a c# programmer, I would like to help but although I'm familiar with java, lack the experience to be an efficient java programmer (best tools, practices, java ecosystem familiarity, etc. I also lack the proper free time to contribute in a proper way (aka core developer) anyways, I'm not writing this to whine  but to suggest that the development team organize a list of tasks that can be handled to others people like me or freigeist (I wanna help).
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:30:05 PM

This is a quote from the 2Kool ban vote thread. (I voted no btw)

Clearly a lonely TROLL, It's evident that he has some sicko hatred against NEM.
Use that stake for something positive like KOOL FAUCET. in the mean time just ignore this sicko.

I like this idea because:

1. It does not give his stake to some other person
2. It does not increase the stake of those who are left
3. As far as I know UP hasn't already stated what will happen to his stake should he not claim it

How much time does he have left? I think we need to make this clear to him. He may not be acting in a fair way, however that should not dictate the character of our actions. We need to be as fair as possible and also keep in mind the precedent being set here.

If the faucet idea is something that is not possible, I would suggest we take into consideration the ideas outlined 1-3.

What is his deadline?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
baobaoxuzihan

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:34:26 PM

Sign in Smiley
Scharfenberger

Activity: 186

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:41:33 PM

Does anyone else find the NEM vs Nxt thing really interesting?  It's like communism vs the free market.

NEM is like a malevolent dictatorship.  Now they are just pulling peoples' stakes if they don't like what you say.

What will happen with him right now?
He is totally sick - hope we find a solution that will not damage our image.
I prefer to spend his stake to NEM-faucet, so he can't say we could share his stake in community.

patmast3r

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:56:49 PM

That stake will not be the only unclaimed stake.

There weill be a public auditing where big multi-accers get weedet out which means there will be stakes from those people.
After that, there will be hate and anger and people screaming unfair, scam and what not so maybe some will voluntarily ask for a refund which again would leave stakes unclaimed.

UP still wants to have 3k stakeholders so if we're way below that there may be a second round in which the rules would be tightened severly.

I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Elena82

Activity: 228

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 05:20:11 PM

I have a friend php programmer. It can be useful project?
KingCole

Activity: 348

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:15:49 PM

Another point I want to stress (which I've mentioned before): I'm getting anxious with the lack of a logo. The logos found in the OP here and on the NEM subreddit are different and below par (In my opinion; absolutely no offence to the creators. I couldn't do better!). It's hurting NEM's image. Either you or Utopian need to make a decision soon! NEM is now getting too large to have no brand associated with it. Smiley

I've also stressed that point a few times but I guess UP wants to wait a little to make sure all proposals make their way here Smiley

Can I suggest we set a deadline for submission, maybe mid March, for a logo that the stakeholders vote on. We then all get behind it. Maybe even create a competition with a bounty, for example I'd be happy to donate 10 or even 100 NXT to this which would give a prize pot of 30,000 to 300,000 NXT if all stakeholders did the same?

KC
floriTor

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:21:49 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 06:32:05 PM by floriTor

floiTor I really like the message of your signature '' I am part of The New Economy Movement (NEM)"  its empowering and makes u feel a part of something bigger than yourself. Can I use it.
Hey ashapasa... please use it! That's precisely the idea :-)
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:25:19 PM

As a c# programmer, I would like to help but although I'm familiar with java, lack the experience to be an efficient java programmer (best tools, practices, java ecosystem familiarity, etc. I also lack the proper free time to contribute in a proper way (aka core developer) anyways, I'm not writing this to whine  but to suggest that the development team organize a list of tasks that can be handled to others people like me or freigeist (I wanna help).

Yes that would be really nice but the problems with the tasks could be that
the developer could require more time to describe and delegate the task then to
solve it by themself.   Embarrassed

lstern

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:42:43 PM

Yes that would be really nice but the problems with the tasks could be that
the developer could require more time to describe and delegate the task then to
solve it by themself.   Embarrassed

It depends on the level of details of the tasks. The developers must list the development tasks to organize themselves and keep track of the project progress.
patmast3r

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:06:06 PM

Can I suggest we set a deadline for submission, maybe mid March, for a logo that the stakeholders vote on. We then all get behind it. Maybe even create a competition with a bounty, for example I'd be happy to donate 10 or even 100 NXT to this which would give a prize pot of 30,000 to 300,000 NXT if all stakeholders did the same?

KC

Afaik the best logos get a dev stake anyway so there's no need to donate any more for that.

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:46:12 PM

so, i'm still at work, but i just registered the fanpage on fb. gfx, texts and so on is all temporary.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NEM-Coin/217174381806901

hey it looks really good Cheesy.

fb ... when looking NEM logo and phrases outside of cryptoworld, I started thinking, if that "No Envy" is good statement - or not.
It contains kind of double negative, which ofc produces a positive thing, but ... is two negative words good for NEM's outfit for mainstreams?
In here, in crypto forums, we all, or almost all, know what that "Envy" refers, but what about the outer world, which has much more people than these forums?

No Envy  ==>  New Egalitarian  ?

one more sketch / idea for the logo :
/img]

NEM is New Economy Movement ; "new" means it is just to be created,
"movement" means that something is the goal of our work, the goal = another economy.
So the Economy is the key.

What can present this new Economy?  Here it is just a simple E. A better one to be defined...  (it depends on the goal of the NEM devs and ideologists. Eg. will the egalitarity have an important role also in the future activity and processes or just in the creation. I don't know Smiley

another idea for the logo form ( colors to be defined.... ) :
img]

There is a logo of a toilet paper company or some company that makes something with paper that looks just like this Smiley

ok Smiley
Could it be changed enough?

changed (colors to be defined as in all pictures ) :

And couple hand-made sketches/ideas to be developed:

if this is too psychedelic or causes problems in your eyes, the stripes' width can be changed Smiley

This one has it all Smiley 
  'N',  'E',  'M', 'W'  (we),  'US' (we - us),
  round shapes
  and depending on colors: fire - flames, plant (green, growing  - even rose, if red)

sepehr

Activity: 399

Cryptocurrency Evangelist

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:04:30 PM

I like to have a site similar to localbitcoin for NEM as early as possible so I am looking for people doing that.

I have registered "localcryptoco.in" website and ready to initiate it with NEM coin:

http://localcryptoco.in/

If developers help, we can pipe the nem interface with it fast.

Just let me know.

Sepehr, A Cryptocurrency Evangelist
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: