Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:30:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
Man-aqua

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:28:01 PM

Why are there already persons who wanna sell their stake  Huh

I can't believe what I'm reading here. NEM is still in development-stage and some of us try to sell what exactly??

Posts like 'sell my stake for 5 BTC' is not a promotion and can harm NEM. So guys keep cool  Wink
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:38:23 PM

When it starts?

yesterday, sorry u are to late your stake had an other person.

Behave yourself!

highscore:

Stakes have not been distributed yet and there is no ETA on launch. You can find all the necessary info on page 1 of this thread.

crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:49:28 PM

https://trello.com/b/GEWEPSZJ/nem-promotion

And that's only one of the Trello boards that is being used for NEM development, a lot of us are working on many different aspects of NEM, but it takes time.
PM UtopianFuture to join the board, and contribute your ideas!

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:23:36 PM

When I first heard about NEM I bought some domains.

I believe in NEM and if anybody has some ideas for my domains I would love to help develop them!

nemexchange.com
nemwallets.com
nemcoinwallet.com
nemcoinexchange.com

NEM=Egalitarianism

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:24:56 PM

What is this coin going to be initially trading for? Any estimates? A few satoshis?
upekha

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:42:47 PM

500 Nem ~ 1$
...maybe

NEM - New Economy Movement
robertjr

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:59:14 PM

This is from internet.org

"The goal of Internet.org is to make internet access available to the two thirds of the world who are not yet connected."

and the contact page says

"Join us. If you're working on a project related to connectivity or just want to keep up with Internet.org, let us know."

NEM is a project related to connectivity (economic and secure messaging). Let's join them.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:13:57 AM

new crypto-currency era (i think it will be in 5 years).

Oh please...

Open history book. Altcoins appear frequently in history. Every time there is a financial crisis. And they mostly die with the crisis.
When did Bitcoin appear? Right during the crisis. And we are becoming to leave the crisis.

Which doesn' mean that bitcoin can not survive it. Think or WIR in Switzerland. It survived the end of the 1929 crisis and is still alive and well today. Bitcoin could get a similar fate.

"Those who do not know history and doomed to repeat it."

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:21:28 AM

We're forming a SWARM team devoted to the promotion of NEM. We're looking members who are willing to do commenting and upvoting/liking articles, posts, videos etc. in order to promote NEM.

All interested, please send me email to the address nempromotion@gmail.com or PM with your email address and I'll list you!

For the record the SWARM team is not yet active, since there is no coin launched. We're forming the team now, so that we'll have it ready when the need comes.

E
yidian

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:39:15 AM

NEM will get into NXT too ??

+1. NEM Devs please consider it.

what do you mean?

I meant below topic that someone brought up:
ZC is definitely a good stuff as it could keep the coin to real private and not able to be tracked.
ZC team actually created nice report to IEEE and many reports regarding its concept.
So, I would also suggest Dev team could consider it to add it to NEM.

Ive been following zerocoin very closely since its first mention. They have just released another white paper and Id like to propose that the devs have a look at these ideas if they havnt yet. There are some extremely secure features:

http://ifca.ai/fc14/bitcoin/papers/bitcoin14_submission_12.pdf

Anyone else heard of this coin?
leo66

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:37:05 AM

When I first heard about NEM I bought some domains.

I believe in NEM and if anybody has some ideas for my domains I would love to help develop them!

nemexchange.com
nemwallets.com
nemcoinwallet.com
nemcoinexchange.com

NEM=Egalitarianism
That are useful domains if NEM is popular in the future. And you will be rich just for those domains

NTXCoin - 20%Free+75%IPO Next Exchange System address:15788835964854428501
New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
NEM:TAJTLH-CH7MYT-6I5B74-SNVBIA-XEMRQC-2E42WT-Q337
leo66

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:44:42 AM

What is that mean "NEM  will get into nxt".I just wondering how is that work? So wen can trade NEM under nxt client or sth else.

NTXCoin - 20%Free+75%IPO Next Exchange System address:15788835964854428501
New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
NEM:TAJTLH-CH7MYT-6I5B74-SNVBIA-XEMRQC-2E42WT-Q337
oldnbold

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:04:02 AM

With the sudden success of Aurora (even it if is a bubble), it is apparent that crypto needs to have an impact in the physical world.

From this, one idea is to donate NEM to start a cooperative village where people use NEM in their daily lives. This should be a remote area that is self-sufficient. Even if there is not internet access, we might be able to set up satellite internet infrastructure. I think that would be an amazing demonstration of how crypto could be used anywhere for secure, decentralized transfer of money.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we wouldn't want to interfere with the local culture of the area. I envision setting up some NEM access points (places with internet) and then people can go use those, with minimal interference into their language and culture.

The question is, where could we do such a thing? It should take a lot of time and dedication from people working locally in an area.

Some ideas are:

1) Bhutan. I think I have seen users from Bhutan on bitcointalk. We could set up solar satellite internet access in some remote village and have everyone in the village conduct transactions in NEM using iPads or something similar. There are some villages that are quite a few days walking from any large city and people are mostly self-sufficient. We would need to have someone local there to run things.

2) Japan. With so many people moving to big cities, there are places in the countryside that are extremely secluded and people grow their own food and make a lot of things themselves. Even in the countryside, though, there is ample electricity and cellular infrastructure, so people would be able to access a P2P network. Also, the government here does not consider crypto to be money and it is currently not regulated.

3) Ukraine. I know people that I definitely trust in western Ukraine near Poland (Lviv). There are some small villages in the Carpathian mountains that are fairly secluded from outside influence. The people I know in Lviv would probably be willing to help or maybe run this full time for us if we provided the resources.

These are some ideas, but as a community, it would be great if people could come up with ideas on how to establish a NEM co-operative. If done right, NEM could make all the major news networks and generate some great publicity. The more important thing, though, would be that we could help real people improve their lives, while respecting their culture (for example, people in a remote village could sell goods online using NEM).

Mokoto I guess u are referring to me Smiley . Ok I like your idea, I thought about it and it looks very hard to implement. I have asked my friend (Tsel_bt) who works for the Ministry of trade and industry to see if something like this could be done. He is in-charge of setting small cottage industries in villages like the ones you mentioned.

First of all, almost all farmers in Bhutan are illiterate or only semi-literate, ipads are sadly a luxury for most folks in Bhutan,they cannot afford it. The currency is highly regulated by the central bank and any alternative payment system must be approved by them. Lastly it would be an almost impossible transition for people who have never used the internet to overnight shift to using cryptocurrency as a payment mechanism.

That said, its still a good idea, I will get in contact with friends in the RMA( central bank) to see if it would be allowed. If we can get their approval we can proceed further.

Sounds great.

I think if we could do something like this, we would set up all the infrastructure based on donations from the community and charity donations from the genesis block. Doing this with people who have never used the internet before would be ideal I think, because it would force us to make a simple interface on top of NEM.

Another point I want to stress is that it would be great to do this in a way that is complementary and not disruptive to culture. Therefore, I don't think the government needs to worry too much. In remote areas, I think having a crypto-based payment system would be preferred in rural areas like that, because people could have access to their money when traveling and wouldn't have to travel with lots of cash.

The idea is to get crypto out into the real world and try to make a difference without changing local cultures.

There's a recently published report  http://www.franceculture.fr/emission-le-magazine-de-la-redaction-monnaie-locale-monnaie-a-taille-humaine-2014-02-21 regarding two 'local money' projects based on LETS (Local Exchange Trading Systems) principles: one in the Basque country and one about to be launched in Montreuil (Northern France). A key aspect of the Basque Country local money is that it is seen as helping to strengthen the Basque culture (including its language).

Seems to me that NEM could play a similar role for the many regions around the world which have a LETS system in place and which want to retain/strengthen their identity/culture. NEM could also overcome a problem with all local money schemes, one which can hinder their widespread adoption in the particular region - they aren't convertible (either easily or at all) into the country's main fiat currency.

I made a similar post in the NXT discussion thread a week or so ago following a reference to LETS being a possible fit with NXT, but the subject hasn't been pursued any further since then so far as I'm aware.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5319878#msg5319878

Here is more information on LETS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_exchange_trading_system

It's a good idea. Does anyone want to spearhead this?

Given that others think the idea of a possible fit between NEM and LETS has merit I'd be happy to do some more preliminary research but as I'm a supporter of both NXT and NEM (I hope not inconsistently) it should probably left to a NEM purist (as it were) to spearhead specifically NEM's introduction into the LETS arena. Nevertheless I would hope that both NEM and NXT could have a role to play.

It seems that there are hundreds of LETS schemes around the world so there's plenty of room...at least for the time being; i don't know what other alt coins may be doing in this respect, if anything. I doubt however that the other genuine 2nd generation coins, against which NXT and NEM are going to be competing, would be interested in LETS - from what I can gather, they seem to have their minds on what they would undoubtedly regard as higher things. But the real action, IMHO, will be at the grass roots level.
yidian

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:00:31 AM

What is that mean "NEM  will get into nxt".I just wondering how is that work? So wen can trade NEM under nxt client or sth else.
I think the one who wrote the sentence didnot explain ZC very well. However, my understanding is NXT will implement ZC concept and NEM should do it as well.
You may need to read more stuff in terms of ZeroCoin. Here is the link for you.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=362468.0
Zimmermann

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:33:48 PM

I think the one who wrote the sentence didnot explain ZC very well. However, my understanding is NXT will implement ZC concept and NEM should do it as well.

Hello,

Why we talk in this thread about other coins now?
I believe we have already enough work to make NEM more popular than other coins  Grin

NEM will be a great success!
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:36:41 PM

Hello,

Why we talk in this thread about other coins now?
I believe we have already enough work to make NEM more popular than other coins  Grin

NEM will be a great success!

We can learn from other coins to make NEM better don't we?

mayusheng

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:41:26 PM

NICE Smiley
EFFV

Activity: 278

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:16:52 PM

I will be putting up a blog post about NEM soon!

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
apullman

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:29:17 PM

With the sudden success of Aurora (even it if is a bubble), it is apparent that crypto needs to have an impact in the physical world.

From this, one idea is to donate NEM to start a cooperative village where people use NEM in their daily lives. This should be a remote area that is self-sufficient. Even if there is not internet access, we might be able to set up satellite internet infrastructure. I think that would be an amazing demonstration of how crypto could be used anywhere for secure, decentralized transfer of money.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we wouldn't want to interfere with the local culture of the area. I envision setting up some NEM access points (places with internet) and then people can go use those, with minimal interference into their language and culture.

The question is, where could we do such a thing? It should take a lot of time and dedication from people working locally in an area.

Some ideas are:

1) Bhutan. I think I have seen users from Bhutan on bitcointalk. We could set up solar satellite internet access in some remote village and have everyone in the village conduct transactions in NEM using iPads or something similar. There are some villages that are quite a few days walking from any large city and people are mostly self-sufficient. We would need to have someone local there to run things.

2) Japan. With so many people moving to big cities, there are places in the countryside that are extremely secluded and people grow their own food and make a lot of things themselves. Even in the countryside, though, there is ample electricity and cellular infrastructure, so people would be able to access a P2P network. Also, the government here does not consider crypto to be money and it is currently not regulated.

3) Ukraine. I know people that I definitely trust in western Ukraine near Poland (Lviv). There are some small villages in the Carpathian mountains that are fairly secluded from outside influence. The people I know in Lviv would probably be willing to help or maybe run this full time for us if we provided the resources.

These are some ideas, but as a community, it would be great if people could come up with ideas on how to establish a NEM co-operative. If done right, NEM could make all the major news networks and generate some great publicity. The more important thing, though, would be that we could help real people improve their lives, while respecting their culture (for example, people in a remote village could sell goods online using NEM).

Mokoto I guess u are referring to me Smiley . Ok I like your idea, I thought about it and it looks very hard to implement. I have asked my friend (Tsel_bt) who works for the Ministry of trade and industry to see if something like this could be done. He is in-charge of setting small cottage industries in villages like the ones you mentioned.

First of all, almost all farmers in Bhutan are illiterate or only semi-literate, ipads are sadly a luxury for most folks in Bhutan,they cannot afford it. The currency is highly regulated by the central bank and any alternative payment system must be approved by them. Lastly it would be an almost impossible transition for people who have never used the internet to overnight shift to using cryptocurrency as a payment mechanism.

That said, its still a good idea, I will get in contact with friends in the RMA( central bank) to see if it would be allowed. If we can get their approval we can proceed further.

Sounds great.

I think if we could do something like this, we would set up all the infrastructure based on donations from the community and charity donations from the genesis block. Doing this with people who have never used the internet before would be ideal I think, because it would force us to make a simple interface on top of NEM.

Another point I want to stress is that it would be great to do this in a way that is complementary and not disruptive to culture. Therefore, I don't think the government needs to worry too much. In remote areas, I think having a crypto-based payment system would be preferred in rural areas like that, because people could have access to their money when traveling and wouldn't have to travel with lots of cash.

The idea is to get crypto out into the real world and try to make a difference without changing local cultures.

There's a recently published report  http://www.franceculture.fr/emission-le-magazine-de-la-redaction-monnaie-locale-monnaie-a-taille-humaine-2014-02-21 regarding two 'local money' projects based on LETS (Local Exchange Trading Systems) principles: one in the Basque country and one about to be launched in Montreuil (Northern France). A key aspect of the Basque Country local money is that it is seen as helping to strengthen the Basque culture (including its language).

Seems to me that NEM could play a similar role for the many regions around the world which have a LETS system in place and which want to retain/strengthen their identity/culture. NEM could also overcome a problem with all local money schemes, one which can hinder their widespread adoption in the particular region - they aren't convertible (either easily or at all) into the country's main fiat currency.

I made a similar post in the NXT discussion thread a week or so ago following a reference to LETS being a possible fit with NXT, but the subject hasn't been pursued any further since then so far as I'm aware.

Here is more information on LETS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_exchange_trading_system

Given that others think the idea of a possible fit between NEM and LETS has merit I'd be happy to do some more preliminary research but as I'm a supporter of both NXT and NEM (I hope not inconsistently) it should probably left to a NEM purist (as it were) to spearhead specifically NEM's introduction into the LETS arena. Nevertheless I would hope that both NEM and NXT could have a role to play.

It seems that there are hundreds of LETS schemes around the world so there's plenty of room...at least for the time being; i don't know what other alt coins may be doing in this respect, if anything. I doubt however that the other genuine 2nd generation coins, against which NXT and NEM are going to be competing, would be interested in LETS - from what I can gather, they seem to have their minds on what they would undoubtedly regard as higher things. But the real action, IMHO, will be at the grass roots level.

Having a low cost smartphone will be really good for the NEM ecosystem in the developing countries. A $25 smartphone is in the works.
www.digitimes.com/news/a20140225VL200.html
KingCole

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:29:09 PM

Some ideas are:

Sounds great.

Having a low cost smartphone will be really good for the NEM ecosystem in the developing countries. A $25 smartphone is in the works.
www.digitimes.com/news/a20140225VL200.html

As I mentioned on in a earlier post once the core NEM is complete it maybe a good idea to look at using existing feature phones and SMS gateways. The use of M-Pesa in Kenya is an example of what can be done will relatively simple technology that already exists

KC
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: