Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:47:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
vytasz7

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:31:20 AM

doesnt matter how much you donate if your product is worthless and nobody using it
NEMoon

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:32:31 AM

What if we just make an auction and sell these stakes to the highest bidders ,that will decide starting price for nemcoins

+1 for this idea

This is great idea

+111
cannot agree more

Count my voice for it.
swartzfeger

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:36:52 AM

What's the obsession with charity? We are not a charity fund. If someone want to spend his money for charity - then go for it, but don't use money that belong to others for it. We need a strong coin and we should spend all available money for development and marketing. I'd better give all money to dev team so they could quit their day jobs and focus on Nem. After all $40-50K spent on development and marketing may increase coin capitalization 10 times and everybody can spend 10 times more money on charity if they're so obsessed with it.

Agreed. Focus on NEM's strengths, and how it can differentiate from Nxt, NAS, etc. Allocate those funds to development.

Charity won't drive adoption, a stable, feature-rich platform will drive adoption.
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:50:51 AM

What's the obsession with charity? We are not a charity fund. If someone want to spend his money for charity - then go for it, but don't use money that belong to others for it. We need a strong coin and we should spend all available money for development and marketing. I'd better give all money to dev team so they could quit their day jobs and focus on Nem. After all $40-50K spent on development and marketing may increase coin capitalization 10 times and everybody can spend 10 times more money on charity if they're so obsessed with it.

Agreed. Focus on NEM's strengths, and how it can differentiate from Nxt, NAS, etc. Allocate those funds to development.

Charity won't drive adoption, a stable, feature-rich platform will drive adoption.

I dont know but i guess that charities cuold be created on nem exchange ,where anyone could donate when ewer they want .It could attract big publicity
konane

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:24:49 AM

Agreed, charity is worthless before the coin gets some decent valuation. Plus this whole "we are all about altruism" thing here is pretentious as hell, I mean who are you kidding?
cryptonikus

Activity: 595

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:26:02 AM

Im not a social darwinist, I do believe that strong should help weaker, but Im strongly against donations to charity.
First of all, people working in charity will most of the time keep huge chunks of donation to them selves, lets not be naive.
If you want to help those in need, do it directly.

Donations to charity make no sense whatsoever. What will NEM gain? Absolutly nothing.
If we gain media attention, we will be accused of taking advantage of some sorry people in order to make personal profit.
But it wont be the case, because there wont be media coverage. Charity will take our NEM, put "thank you" on their site and thats it.
What else will it do for NEM?

I totally agree that we should use NEM in some effective more rational way. Sponsoring projects and development.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:27:27 AM

I'm following this launch with great interested and I'm keen to know does anyone who's invested in this coin even know what day of the week it is?  Grin
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:29:14 AM

I'm following this launch with great interested and I'm keen to know does anyone who's invested in this coin even know what day of the week it is?  Grin

What is that supposed to mean ?

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:26:37 AM

Are you being ironic?
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:56:16 AM

Are you being ironic?

Chang Hum........are you being dumb?   oh and it's with 'great interest' .Please get the language right if you are trying to slag us off in English.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 12:09:37 PM

Are you being ironic?

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:51:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
forceuser

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:56:20 PM

doesnt matter how much you donate if your product is worthless and nobody using it

Much of what you say
But not too negative
 ;)Time will have better

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BB2MP9B2kNsjAV6NEpzC1HLwGQrnhcD3nA
pranas

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:52:10 PM

development of working platform first,marketing  second,charity third or tenth thing todo.
nxtvisa

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:31:03 PM

When will NEM launch and where can we buy it?

Please read (2) in the F.A.Q.

(1) What is NEM?
  • NEM (New Economy Movement) is a brand-new, upcoming 2nd-generation cryptocurrency.
  • NEM is being written from scratch with 100% original code, sharing nothing with any other digital currency.
  • NEM is not just a currency, but a technological platform. It has the ability to support many activities which involve a trust-less consensus between two parties: a decentralised exchange, messaging, reputation systems etc.
However, NEM is more than this. This movement was built upon foundations of fairness, equality and charity; foundations which every NEM stakeholder and user should respect and try to adhere to.

(2) When NEM Launch?
V.1 of the blockchain will launch roughly the end of May 2014. An alpha version of the client for testing will be released roughly the end of April 2014.

(3) How will the NEM be delivered to stakeholders?
The details are still being finalised, but it will involve sending a private message on the Bitcointalk Forum account you claimed your stake with; so don't forget the password! The final in-depth instructions on how to claim your NEM will be made obvious on all forms of social media (here on the Forum, Reddit , the Bitcointalk Forum thread, Twitter, Facebook etc.) at least 2 weeks before launch.

(4) How many coins will each stakeholder get?
The number of NEM per stakeholder is determined as follows:

No. of NEM per stakeholder = (4,000,000,000-Development stakes)/number of stakeholders

The number isn't final just yet, but will likely be just over a million NEM per stakeholder

(5) How do I become a stakeholder?
Unfortunately, the 'call for participation' ended 17th February 2014. There was also a waiting list (which was used to bring up the total number of stakeholders to ~3000 people after the removal of sockpuppet accounts) which was closed 9th April 2014. 

(6) What features will be included in NEM at launch?
V.1 of the NEM blockchain will include the following features:
  • 'Proof of Importance' (PoI) coin generation that rewards people for actively using NEM as a currency, discouraging hoarding. The people most important in maintaining the network receive the highest coin rewards, not the people with the most NEM.
  • Support for 'coloured coins' and a fully-functioning Asset Exchange (A.E). The A.E is designed with advanced features such as automatic settlement and expiration dates. There is a huge focus on the ease-of-use of the asset exchange to make it the premier platform for fundraising, asset listing, token issuing etc.
  • Secure messaging for contract storage.
You can read in more detail about the various features of NEM in the development plan.

(7) Will the NEM client be an online client or a desktop client?
The NEM Community Client (NCC) will be a one-click-install client which displays through through your web-browser. Wallet data will be stored locally on your computer just like any other wallet. You can read in more detail about the various features of NEM in the development plan.

(Cool Does NEM have a website?
Yes, but it is still under construction.

(9) What can I do to help NEM?
There is a public Trello board with lists of activities and discussions which anyone can get involved or help out with. Go check it out!

(10) What charities will NEM be donating to?
Nothing final has been decided yet; this will be a community-orientated decision. 10% of the total supply of NEM has bee allocated to charity and give-aways. I posted a thread on the NEM subreddit a while ago asking for people's opinions on specific charities. If you're passionate about a charitable organisation, post there!

(11) Where can I see updates as they happen?
All development updates are posted by users 'Utopianfuture' or 'Jaguar0625' on the Bitcointalk Forum thread. They are also linked on the first page of that thread, under the 'updates' section.

Time of writing: 10th April 2014.

This ought to answer most questions.
thx!

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
jiosefjd

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:37:30 PM

The waiting list is huge, but am I to understand that it will only be used to replace users from the original list who removed because of fake accounts or the like?

Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:25:52 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 04:39:03 PM by Thingamajig

I dont know but i guess that charities cuold be created on nem exchange ,where anyone could donate when ewer they want .It could attract big publicity

In the UK, where public expenses are highly scrutinized by the general population, there's a growing mistrust with charities which is rightly deserved in many cases.

I, for one, do not think a charity driven plan is going to do a thing for anyone other than make the charities richer - who may or may not even give it to the people originally intended for (Nevermind the fact some charities clearly have a political agenda).

No, I say keep well clear of charities. Use the funds for the development of the currency, and encourage adoption through retailers; especially if it involves the deep web, because we all know, Bitcoins main value comes from black market trade. A coin needs to be feature rich to differentiate from the ongoing horde of clones. But more importantly, a coin needs to be resilient to promote trust and faith in it as a currency -- something that Bitcoin has due to it's demand on more "lucrative" markets.

If anyone wants to push for charities once NEM has reached some solid ground, i'm all ears...otherwise, it's far too early to be even considering it.

NEM has a good start facing it. 3000 stakeholders is a far fairer distribution and it's a one of a kind in that regard, but the start isn't what makes a coin big, It's resilience; an ability to weather the ups and downs of exchange value that the crypto scene entails.
cgminer-o

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

1$ =1 MEC 2013 (2,56 $) 5$ =1MEC 2014 ?

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:31:47 PM

When will NEM launch and where can we buy it?

Please read (2) in the F.A.Q.

(1) What is NEM?
  • NEM (New Economy Movement) is a brand-new, upcoming 2nd-generation cryptocurrency.
  • NEM is being written from scratch with 100% original code, sharing nothing with any other digital currency.
  • NEM is not just a currency, but a technological platform. It has the ability to support many activities which involve a trust-less consensus between two parties: a decentralised exchange, messaging, reputation systems etc.
However, NEM is more than this. This movement was built upon foundations of fairness, equality and charity; foundations which every NEM stakeholder and user should respect and try to adhere to.

(2) When NEM Launch?
V.1 of the blockchain will launch roughly the end of May 2014. An alpha version of the client for testing will be released roughly the end of April 2014.

(3) How will the NEM be delivered to stakeholders?
The details are still being finalised, but it will involve sending a private message on the Bitcointalk Forum account you claimed your stake with; so don't forget the password! The final in-depth instructions on how to claim your NEM will be made obvious on all forms of social media (here on the Forum, Reddit , the Bitcointalk Forum thread, Twitter, Facebook etc.) at least 2 weeks before launch.

(4) How many coins will each stakeholder get?
The number of NEM per stakeholder is determined as follows:

No. of NEM per stakeholder = (4,000,000,000-Development stakes)/number of stakeholders

The number isn't final just yet, but will likely be just over a million NEM per stakeholder

(5) How do I become a stakeholder?
Unfortunately, the 'call for participation' ended 17th February 2014. There was also a waiting list (which was used to bring up the total number of stakeholders to ~3000 people after the removal of sockpuppet accounts) which was closed 9th April 2014. 

(6) What features will be included in NEM at launch?
V.1 of the NEM blockchain will include the following features:
  • 'Proof of Importance' (PoI) coin generation that rewards people for actively using NEM as a currency, discouraging hoarding. The people most important in maintaining the network receive the highest coin rewards, not the people with the most NEM.
  • Support for 'coloured coins' and a fully-functioning Asset Exchange (A.E). The A.E is designed with advanced features such as automatic settlement and expiration dates. There is a huge focus on the ease-of-use of the asset exchange to make it the premier platform for fundraising, asset listing, token issuing etc.
  • Secure messaging for contract storage.
You can read in more detail about the various features of NEM in the development plan.

(7) Will the NEM client be an online client or a desktop client?
The NEM Community Client (NCC) will be a one-click-install client which displays through through your web-browser. Wallet data will be stored locally on your computer just like any other wallet. You can read in more detail about the various features of NEM in the development plan.

(Cool Does NEM have a website?
Yes, but it is still under construction.

(9) What can I do to help NEM?
There is a public Trello board with lists of activities and discussions which anyone can get involved or help out with. Go check it out!

(10) What charities will NEM be donating to?
Nothing final has been decided yet; this will be a community-orientated decision. 10% of the total supply of NEM has bee allocated to charity and give-aways. I posted a thread on the NEM subreddit a while ago asking for people's opinions on specific charities. If you're passionate about a charitable organisation, post there!

(11) Where can I see updates as they happen?
All development updates are posted by users 'Utopianfuture' or 'Jaguar0625' on the Bitcointalk Forum thread. They are also linked on the first page of that thread, under the 'updates' section.

Time of writing: 10th April 2014.

This ought to answer most questions.
thx!
+1

▓▓▓ MEC Megacoin POW▓▓▓https://forum.megacoin.co.nz/ ▓▓▓ New Economy Movement▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ LimecoinX X11 ▓▓▓
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:41:25 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 05:25:20 PM by Mrrr

EDIT: in the event that everybody on the waiting list gets a stake I agree with the above poster: auction off the remaining stakes for charity.

Great Idea.

It is no obsession. If the people on the waiting list will pay for their stake I think there is sufficient funds for development, for marketing and for the devs to pay the rent and go on a well deserved binge.

My reasoning is the following: the best IPO ever was the Counterparty IPO. Over 2000 BTC where taken out of the market and thus payed to all holders of BTC as a dividend. All people who burned BTC made a profit, and by doing so everyone in the community made a profit.

If NEM is released it will be on an exchange and the minimum price for 1 NEM will be 1 satoshi. This equals >0.1 BTC per stake, per definition. Profit for all.

An auction for more development funds and marketing funds smells like greed. Greed for a larger profit than the profit we already made. IMO, this would go against everything that made NEM a valuable idea in the first place.

Since the NEM team has made us a profit already, and since I'm a communist at heart, I believe those that didn't have the chance to participate should share in my profit, since I didn't do anything to deserve it for myself alone.

A good charity for the hypothetical auction would be this:

https://www.counterparty.co/full-bitcoin-nodes

http://nodeshares.com

We'd pay a tribute to the crypto community by financially supporting the above initiative. Bitcoin paved the way for the NEM team to be able to create NEM, and it will continue to pave that road for the foreseeable future. Call it charity. I'd call it common sense.

burp...
BitEugene

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:27:34 PM

Wasn't chacking for a while, good to see the progress. The client looks amazing!

And I strongy agree with proposal of making an auction. It's fun, it's standing price for Nem, it's helping to raise money for development. Brilliant idea.
Pages: « 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: